Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Can Highlight Reel Intros drop from crates? I haven't seen any so far.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Nitramster posted:

So I jut got the game and I'm realizing that after over a decade of not playing PC shooters I utterly suck with the mouse and have no more reactions.

Which hero should I work on first till I shake off some rust? I've been using Pharah, D.Va, and Reaper because they seem to require less aiming ability but still so far I'm 1/10. I want to focus on one hero till I at least learn the maps.

If you want to win games while not being able to aim, Lucio and Reinhardt are rad. Unfortunately they won't help you practice your aim, but hey at least throwing a few games in where you win and were a big deal in winning it to keep morale up those guys are great.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

FiftySeven posted:

More play of the game nonsense but honestly, I am pretty proud of both these.

Line them up, Reinhart knocks them down.
https://gfycat.com/JauntyImpressiveIndianpalmsquirrel

Oh man all those bodies sailing over the edge. :laffo:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dick Trauma posted:

Oh man all those bodies sailing over the edge. :laffo:

That Junkrat got rekt.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Had a game earlier with some goons where we held the last point for like 7 minutes on King's Row. Ended up winning.

Was glorious.

Also solo queued a game where the enemy team went 5 Tracer/1 Lucio. First objective they stomped us. Then I told my team to grab a McCree, my Winston racked up 30+ kills and we won easily.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

To keep up with the Reinhardt POTG hilarity, I humbly submit my own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMo1_kQ4ogI

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What does it mean if a player has a little check mart under their portrait on the TAB screen?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

What does it mean if a player has a little check mart under their portrait on the TAB screen?

It's time to hit Q and get POTG

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yep, it indicates that they have ults up.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Not even sure why I uploaded this one but here you go, D.va continues to own in a very mediocre fashion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cmNmWD32g

I have yet to go up against a team dumb enough to fall for the flying ult trick :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Torbjorn is better: he's a proper defensive hero. As a support she's below mediocre, likewise she's mediocre at defense. Her ultimate is great but like I said you can't build up your meter if you have one up - which is really stupid. Even then, no other hero falls off the usefulness chart like she does. Every hero is relevant through the entire match, except her. Some may have dips but she falls down a drat-near straight line. It would be one thing if she could zip around the map and put these little traps in places but she runs at the speed of Mercy but without the shift to get her from hero to hero.

On paper she sounds great, as people with more optimistic posts have quoted me, but in execution she just doesn't cut it. Maybe at one point she was the best in the game and her abilities turned the tide the likes of which even a good Mercy resurrection has never seen, but as she is now, she just announces to the match that you're not playing a 5v6.

She has the highest win rate in the game right now bud

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Comparing Symmetra to Torbjorn because they both have turrets is like comparing Tracer and Roadhog because they both self-heal on E.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Nitramster posted:

So I jut got the game and I'm realizing that after over a decade of not playing PC shooters I utterly suck with the mouse and have no more reactions.

Which hero should I work on first till I shake off some rust? I've been using Pharah, D.Va, and Reaper because they seem to require less aiming ability but still so far I'm 1/10. I want to focus on one hero till I at least learn the maps.

I'm in the same boat as you, I found Soldier 76 to be the best pick to get used to hitscan weapons again. Lots of ammo, heals himself, and has some small burst. He's also a pretty decent hero I think. Pharah is really good for getting back in the hang of projectile shooting, lots of AOE and some pretty good oh-poo poo buttons to get you out of trouble. At least those are the 2 that I'm doing best with. Junkrat is really good too, but the arc on his projectiles takes a lot of getting used to.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Blizzard is doing a really good job dealing with hackers/cheaters:

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/overwatch/178147-watch-insta-bans.html

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/overwatch/178139-insta-ban-d3d11-detour-dll-injection.html

poo poo's kinda funny to read if you have the time.

Some fun quotes:

Yep, I got hit as well, and I was sitting on the login screen. Don't bother contacting support either, they'll basically say gently caress you. But if you do get your account back, let me know what you said.

Yeah my account was banned too.

After the ban I bought another account which I didn't used for such a thing and I got ban on that account?!?!?!

Well I got banned again, see original post for more info.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I like how the game sometimes swaps players between two teams in consecutive matches.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

We just had a one minute game on PS4. It was hilarious.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Szcwczuk posted:

Blizzard is doing a really good job dealing with hackers/cheaters:

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/overwatch/178147-watch-insta-bans.html

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/overwatch/178139-insta-ban-d3d11-detour-dll-injection.html

poo poo's kinda funny to read if you have the time.

Some fun quotes:

Yep, I got hit as well, and I was sitting on the login screen. Don't bother contacting support either, they'll basically say gently caress you. But if you do get your account back, let me know what you said.

Yeah my account was banned too.

After the ban I bought another account which I didn't used for such a thing and I got ban on that account?!?!?!

Well I got banned again, see original post for more info.
why so serious is blizzard ??

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I got insta banned on injected a d3d11 detouring dll into the overwatch process in attempt to add my own functions to d3d calls, i just entered a fast game to test and quit insta, the dll had no content of cheating except for a message box, any idea about wtf is going on and why so serious is blizzard ??

lmao

thanks for this gift Szcwczuk

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Minrad posted:

I noticed today that Hanzo wears only one sleeve of his clothing, and it reminded me of Auron in FFX, especially considering his young master skin wears his outfit normally.

Is it some cliche for ronin in japanese media, or is just justified by added mobility and looking cool? Searching for it pretty much just gives me zero useful information but I am sure there are some huge weeaboos here, with all the lum avatars from ADTRW showing.

Sorry if this has been answered but I'm 50 pages behind. The open-arm clothing is traditional Kyudo (japanese archery) style. Ironically having a tattoo in that open area is extremely un-cool in Kyudo.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Indecisive posted:

Not even sure why I uploaded this one but here you go, D.va continues to own in a very mediocre fashion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cmNmWD32g

I have yet to go up against a team dumb enough to fall for the flying ult trick :(

Fellow DVa player! :hfive: Let them throw stones, we know the truth!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
how do people feel about capture point B on Temple of Anubis?

out of all the overwatch I've played, I think that's really the only map that needs changing. and only in a small way. it just needs to be a little more open because right now it's just three tight tiny hallways that defenders can basically just spam timenades into practically infinitely. it's colossally difficult even with a reinhardt on attack because the doorways are just too loving narrow for the team to fit through

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Check out my next level of tactics, dropping the healing field and then not standing in it. This is the future of Overwatch, boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8YL6x10SI

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

chumbler posted:

Check out my next level of tactics, dropping the healing field and then not standing in it. This is the future of Overwatch, boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8YL6x10SI

What's up with the audio

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Turdsdown Tom posted:

how do people feel about capture point B on Temple of Anubis?

out of all the overwatch I've played, I think that's really the only map that needs changing. and only in a small way. it just needs to be a little more open because right now it's just three tight tiny hallways that defenders can basically just spam timenades into practically infinitely. it's colossally difficult even with a reinhardt on attack because the doorways are just too loving narrow for the team to fit through

I think it's fine, since you can flank pretty sharply in 3 directions. I have larger issues with Hanamura B, where the flank points spill out into a large room, which is wayyyy easier to manage if you're defending.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pakled posted:

What's up with the audio

Also the future of Overwatch.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Speaking of Hanamura I haven't gotten it once since official release. Like literally not once.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Hace posted:

I think it's fine, since you can flank pretty sharply in 3 directions

true, I just think the flanks dump you out to the same small area unless you play a hero that can boost jump or fly and can get on top of the walls

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Pakled posted:

What's up with the audio
Did I just get tricked into listening to some weird ASMR stuff?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I like Soldier: 76.

https://gfycat.com/DapperFlawedAmericansaddlebred

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Zaekkor posted:

I like Soldier: 76.

yes this is a correct opinion :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

This list is pretty poo poo.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
60 tick rate custom server games don't seem to start.

Blizzard forgot to set up servers for them, I guess. lmao

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Genji as janitor tier.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Like 80% of the last 20 pub games have been decent to great and I haven't seen any salt at all. Life is good.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I only see salt from the people that are already above level 50

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

You know who I've never seen be very useful? Reaper.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Six goons stacking Torbjorn on defense tonight was way more effective than it had any right to be. We completely locked down a handful of rounds and held out against some strong pushes on a couple more.

Unfortunately, our full team of 76s didn't fare so well :downs:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Does the person who made that list play the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That tier list is awful. They're always awful.

Let alone doing a tier list a couple days after the game's launch.

quote:

Derek
538 Posts
I regret buying it so much. After two days of playing I'm pretty sure I hate this game big time. I already uninstalled it and I don't want it to ruin more of my days. Yeah I know there was a beta but I barely played it as it was finals time at school.

For those who haven't bought it yet: here is why I hate it: The artwork is great, the heroes are great but the gameplay as a concept is build around frustration. You're too reliant on your team mates, way way more than when playing a MOBA or a any shooter.

I played so many games as a shooter, and even when losing badly I can still have a great game with great K/D ratio or even get MVP. As a moba, if your team overall is not doing great, you just play defensively, you only engage on your terms and even if you lose, it won't feel like you were getting raped over and over because there is a leeway, you can rely on map awareness to avoid unfavorable engagements, you can stick to tower/defenses when vulnerable and just try farming XP and pushing lane while being careful.

Here it's just frustration and helplessness. The very design of the heroes make them so vulnerable if they don't play as a team as each has his own weakness.

Same reason posts like this exist.