Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ddraig posted:

Junkrat is another odd one because he is literally one of the best offense classes and destroys embedded defenses like nobody else.

Yeah but that's kind of a byproduct. You can see the defensive theme of his kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Pubbies are now actively giving Mei players poo poo in random matches.

I'm very happy that they're learning.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Agoat posted:

Pubbies are now actively giving Mei players poo poo in random matches.

I'm very happy that they're learning.

i play with friends that i used to team with in tf2 competitive and several of them are convinced that mei is strong, or above-average

and its like, they're good players. they should know. they should know

J
Jun 10, 2001

Where did this whole "I'm a ____ main" thing come from, is that some league of legends bullshit? It sounds like it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mei is pretty good, i've met meis with really ridiculous accuracy on her gun and that fuckin thing will murder you in two hits

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

J posted:

Where did this whole "I'm a ____ main" thing come from, is that some league of legends bullshit? It sounds like it.

have you never played mmo games before?

Most games with classes are broken into dps, tank, heals. people gravitate towards the one they like.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

J posted:

Fighting games I'd say.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

MMOs have a time sink to develop your character. This game you press H and continue to click on the other team...

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I try to fill roles that need it, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say I'm a Torb or Junkrat main. Why does it matter?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I usually say I main a role. Like I basically only okay tank and support and most groups are fine with that.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

Consider me on the 'soldier dad is a great pick' train as well. All-round good and self-sufficient but also good for the team.

The only downside is 5 silver medals is less xp bonus than a single gold (because the game doesn't care how many of a medal you got)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What's wrong with Mei? (I don't play Mei but she seems fine and good).

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

If you're playing at a competitive level you could just kill someone 5 seconds earlier with Not Mei and have skills built to do more than trap out-of-position newbies.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Steve2911 posted:

She can only deal with one target at a time and doesn't have the mobility to make up for it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Goons I play with, you are cool and good.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Steve2911 posted:

Mcree exists, for one

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

She has the tools to gently caress up the other team trying to unload an ult on your team, which, surprisingly is pretty consistently useful. Mcree and Roadhog can do the same kind of thing against certain ults but not with as much versatility, and are more likely to have their stuff on cooldown.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

In combat she's outclassed at short range by characters like McCree and Reaper who can blow people up before they can react. At long range Widow will just outsnipe her. The wall has some good utility but is situational. Her ult can disable a whole team or deny an area but its better to disable people by killing them instead of freezing them.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I used to get upset when my team couldn't deal with Widowmaker. I'd ask for people to swap to other characters, etc while I'm pushing payload, and they wouldn't. Then I just started picking Winston and loving her and Mercy's poo poo up. You stay on the loving point, I'm gonna go fix this mess.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Goddamn I love Roadhog so goddamn much

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ahhpple posted:

In combat she's outclassed at short range by characters like McCree and Reaper who can blow people up before they can react. At long range Widow will just outsnipe her. The wall has some good utility but is situational. Her ult can disable a whole team or deny an area but its better to disable people by killing them instead of freezing them.

Yeah but it's fun being a little poo poo, alternating between her E and shift abilities, occasionally sniping some people or throwing a giant freeze bomb onto the objective. I like fun.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

mei is definitely Fun, i do not disagree

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
When is the competitive mode coming out?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Foehammer007 posted:

When is the competitive mode coming out?

Mid June.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

J posted:

Sometimes you just like playing one character

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just give Mei skins to everyone as legendaries

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
" Seriously? You can't see the scoreboard because of some safe zone bull? To protect millenials from being "flamed" for doing poorly?

What about introducing a play mode where people who don't cry because of video games can play together and measure the performance of their team?

Why on earth did they remove this? http://i.imgur.com/7PtUwD3.png?1

Note: I'm not saying that I want a scoreboard so I can flame the lowest player. I'm just acknowledging the fact that flaming is a by-product of having a transparent playing field and if that's the reason they hide the stats (to protect your itty bitty feelings) then that's ludicrous."

This is why.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
"Why on earth did they remove this"

Uh because that scoreboard looks like a bunch of confusing garbage holy poo poo.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yes we should definitely reward dipshit Hanzos who stay far from the fight and spam arrows for free points while people contesting the point rack up a terrible k/d because aforementioned dipshit Hanzo is not doing anything useful.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Ugh I just played a game as Lucio where I had over 3 minutes on the objective, the most objective kills and over 5,000 healing. Everyone voted for the enemy junk rat who did a bunch of damage.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Mei's weakness is definitely mobility, but honestly she seems like a very high skill cap hero. Her abilities are extremely flexible, her weapon is also good at basically any range. For those reasons alone I wouldn't count her out of being competitive. Definitely not a bad hero even if not.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

healers get no love in comms but everyone loves a Lucio or Mercy on their team

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Efexeye posted:

healers get no love in comms but everyone loves a Lucio or Mercy on their team
I only get poo poo from bad players who say "why u no heal me?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

K/D is completely worthless in overwatch. Your spawn times are low enough, if you die stopping a push you drat well take that death.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the spawn times are short, but getting back to the point takes ages on some objectives

well, that or take a teleporter, but then you're stuck with using a slot on symmetra

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Daric posted:

Ugh I just played a game as Lucio where I had over 3 minutes on the objective, the most objective kills and over 5,000 healing. Everyone voted for the enemy junk rat who did a bunch of damage.

I usually get a ton of votes as Mercy but barely any as Lucio even if we steamroll the other team on king of the hill or whatever

I think since Lucio's support is more passive than Mercy's some people don't realise how much of a difference he's making

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Verranicus posted:

" Seriously? You can't see the scoreboard because of some safe zone bull? To protect millenials from being "flamed" for doing poorly?

What about introducing a play mode where people who don't cry because of video games can play together and measure the performance of their team?

Why on earth did they remove this? http://i.imgur.com/7PtUwD3.png?1

Note: I'm not saying that I want a scoreboard so I can flame the lowest player. I'm just acknowledging the fact that flaming is a by-product of having a transparent playing field and if that's the reason they hide the stats (to protect your itty bitty feelings) then that's ludicrous."

This is why.

direct comparisons in a game where every character impacts the game in a completely different manner is kind of dumb thats why

i would like the info of what other characters are doing, but i dont need to know who is doing the "best" because that's just however thing are weighted by math and it's impossible to math "who is the best player on the team"

like, seeing 3 core stats of mercy (heals/deaths/damage through boosting) would be useful to see if the mercy has been having trouble healing or has died a lot so i can assist the mercy or pick a healer to pick up the slack if they're bad.

now imagine trying to get that number on a tab screen and make it look uh, anywhere decent.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 30, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I have to press I need heals twice and then start yelling in comms to actually get healed sometimes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Daric posted:

The good news is those votes at the end are meaningless!

I always throw my vote to whoever played support unless there was one enemy who just killed me over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

why do people keep inviting me when i'm already in the middle of a game

i am not going to leave it

this keeps happening every day :confused: