Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SpookyLizard posted:

F) The world is apparently now nuke-free. This warrants no commentary.
G) The lack of Nuclear deterrent has no issues with any actual war

Just the NATO nukes. And/or the Russian ones too. :roflolmao:

Don't worry global affairs remain unchanged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Did they actually detonate, or did they just fly off into space? I wasn't paying total attention by that point

They flew off into space and detonated

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

And naturally there is not worldwide panic over nuclear missiles launching all over the planet, heading for key targets, then flying off into space. Nothing that happens in space affects us here on Earth! :haw:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

raditts posted:

And naturally there is not worldwide panic over nuclear missiles launching all over the planet, heading for key targets, then flying off into space. Nothing that happens in space affects us here on Earth! :haw:

Well, you see, there's no thrust in space.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I know we give Season 3 a lot of poo poo but the first half of season 3 was great and then kinda fell off when they didn't quite know where they wanted to go.

Season 4 had promise but they never moved the characters in any direction for the story. Their motivations episode to episode were all over the place and they didn't do enough to build a coherent story. If they had slow burned Ollie earning the trust of the group or his run for office or the (completely right decision) to kill Darhk it would of helped the season a lot.

That being said, I agree with Ollie's reasoning for killing Darkh and not Batmanning the whole thing.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So this whole season has been bad but I'm trying to get caught up on the final 2 episodes and just hating everything about it. I don't think there is anything in particular about this penultimate episode that's any worse than anything else from this season I just think I've fully turned the corner on this show and every character, every line, ever flashback, every plot just irks me.

least of the shows problems but I really don't think they could have made Darkh's magic idol thing look any stupider.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe we'll get lucky and the flash will erase season 4.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Maybe we'll get lucky and the flash will erase season 4.

Barry changes past, no longer becomes obsessed with investigating supernatural stuff, never goes to Star city, Ollie dies from the poisoning in mid-late season 2.

Slade wins!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Well, he still had 2-4 speedsters in his house that night, got whisked far away in an instant, saw all the Lightning, and whatever his mom ends up saying. He could still be motivated to investigate the supernatural, just not obsessively so.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Has any show experienced as much of a quality free fall as Arrow did this season? It's like I'm watching AoS' first season in reverse like some sort of deranged Benjamin Button.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Chokes McGee posted:

Has any show experienced as much of a quality free fall as Arrow did this season? It's like I'm watching AoS' first season in reverse like some sort of deranged Benjamin Button.

Grimm makes this look like steady and level flight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Yes, The Flash.

Edit: Nevermind, you said freefall. Flash was bad out of the gate.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, The Flash.

Edit: Nevermind, you said freefall. Flash was bad out of the gate.

Season 1 was great.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Chokes McGee posted:

Weeds and Dexter both had pretty huge falls in quality.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

Season 1 was great.

I read it as an internal season drop.

If he means season to season, then there's also Sleepy Hollow.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Spacebump posted:

Weeds and Dexter both had pretty huge falls in quality.

Dexter was epic. That wasn't a freefall, that was a powered nosedive.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know that first episode of agents of shield where they shoot the black guy with the icer who was a victim of circumstance and all smile and high five?

The flash every episode this season was like that and most of the time they weren't using icers.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Few pages ago you guys were joking about this thread becoming an Agents of Shield thread. The Arrow subreddit on Reddit basically did just that, but with Daredevil: https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow/

In terms of shows that started off good and then became terrible, Heroes comes to mind. After season 1 it was all downhill from there.

Arrow is different because it has always been hit or miss in my opinion. The turning point for me was Olicity and the conscious effort to make the show more lighthearted (I guess to be more like the Flash and/or to make the show more marketable to little kids). The fact that this season hinged so much on magic being real was a huge disconnect to me, since the show had been so adamant about the show being very influenced by the Nolan Batman movies. Plus the nukes, essentially repeating the "undertaking," constant pity parties, etc.

I also don't really get Olly saying Darhk gave him no choice but Slade Wilson did. Could someone explain that to me?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause Oliver Queen is a wishey washey bitch. At least Barry Allen kills without remorse.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 29, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Trying to make the show more lighthearted wasn't a bad idea in its own right. The problem was the lack of follow through (and Olicity).

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Olicity thing irritated me, because I felt like Season 2 was pretty straight forward about Oliver not feeling the same way toward her. And I was super pumped to see that play out. Very rarely in fiction (or really any kind of mass media like memes and poo poo) do you see a male character that isn't into every attractive female character. If anything it's mutual. I was interested in seeing the show handle Felicity coming to grips with the idea that she loved the Arrow and not Oliver. I was interested in seeing how Oliver could work with Felicity knowing how she felt about him and how he couldn't reciprocate. I wanted to see how that would affect their friendship down the line. Instead, they did a timeskip and suddenly they were together. And soul mates. And Laurel's dying words were to put them together. And a magic lady said she is literally his optimism and goodness.

Man, I hate the Felicity character.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, her character was a real shitshow this season. It's like they took anything charming about her character and replaced it with constant whining over how Oliver is exactly the person she knew he was.

I don't think comparisons to Daredevil season 2 are far off the mark though, because that had the same issues as far as the second half falling off because of stupid boring relationship drama between characters that have no business being together and "YOU CAN'T KEEP LYING TO HER / NO I CAN'T TELL HER MY SECRET" over a plot involving ninjas that nobody gives a poo poo about.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Xelkelvos posted:

They flew off into space and detonated

Which would be a really loving bad thing to happen.

That was what was so loving pants on head stupid .

13,000 Nuclear Weapons detonating in space.

I'm not sure of the energy levels ,but I think that would in fact burn off the atmosphere possibly.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Hollismason posted:

Which would be a really loving bad thing to happen.

That was what was so loving pants on head stupid .

13,000 Nuclear Weapons detonating in space.

I'm not sure of the energy levels ,but I think that would in fact burn off the atmosphere possibly.

It wouldn't, it would however kill all satellites with emps.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

wargames posted:

Kessler Syndrome? Is Arrow the prequel to Tomonobu Itagaki's hit video game Devil's Third?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Forget about the nukes flying off into space and exploding there...

Felicity hacking a nuke by establishing line of sight and pointing an iPad at it was the most brain-dead thing this show has done so far.

Also I love how most programs Felicity uses have fancy GUIs. Real hackers use the command line!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So what was everyone's favorite Felicity moment of the season? Mine was when they mentioned Darhk's codename Genesis, right after Digs killed Andy and they've been talking about Dark getting control of the world's nukes, she made a one liner about Phil Collins. Like, the show was sad sad gloom gloom, cut to Felicitiy Joke, immediate cut back to the serious characters with no reaction, bible quotes, Thea's kidnapped, sad sad gloom gloom, everything is hosed. Like they don't even cut out the oppressive music. It's just a beautiful moment.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Felicity...

I was gonna say the writers could write a book on how to turn a great character into a lovely one, but they would probably gently caress that up too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Best moment highlighting her shittiness for me will always be when she realizes she can walk again and promptly walks out on Oliver, after confronting him over sending his son that isn't even hers and therefore should have absolutely. no. loving. thing. to. do. with away.

E: Also apparently Katrina Law loves trolling the gently caress out of the Olicity fanbase on twitter.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 30, 2016

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Oh man, I had forgotten another awful thing about the season: the sudden and casual disbandment of League of Assassins!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Arrow this season is probably only second/third to Grimm and Dexter in how quick and badly it turned to poo poo over the course of the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Best moment highlighting her shittiness for me will always be when she realizes she can walk again and promptly walks out on Oliver, after confronting him over sending his son that isn't even hers and therefore should have absolutely. no. loving. thing. to. do. with away.

E: Also apparently Katrina Law loves trolling the gently caress out of the Olicity fanbase on twitter.

It was when she re-joined the team briefly before the other time she rejoined the team, and kept making bitchy quips to everything Oliver said over their comms while they're busy risking their lives in armed combat.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

My favorite moment was how after spending the entire season being lovely and whiny to everyone, in the last two episodes she's suddenly all "yeah, go team arrow! friends forever!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

wargames posted:

Well it's 13,000 Missiles but those missiles can have multiple warheads which is how their built to be one rocket that delivers multiple nuclear payloads called MIRVs . It's not 1 Missile = 1 Nuclear Explosion . It's 1 Missile = up to X number of Warheads.

5% of all that energy is Ionizing Radiation. I think it's like 100% Death Rate within 1 1/2 Mile of 1 Megaton and then it increases kind of exponentially based on distance and whether you have shelter.

The ICBMS do not "go" into space they don't have the power to they actually go sub orbital.

Basically it's dumb as poo poo to say "13,000 Nuclear Weapons detonated in space" and then be like WELP. Like gently caress this season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-Men Apocalypse also involves a bunch of nukes exploding in space.

That's 2 Hollywood properties against you, some forums guy. I'm going with Hollywood.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Some days you can just get rid of a bomb.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Oh man, I had forgotten another awful thing about the season: the sudden and casual disbandment of League of Assassins!

That's not really that bad since one group or the other can suddenly call themselves the League of Assassins and the only people who'll argue are the others who wanna call themselves the same thing.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus
Please use spoiler tags people, not all of us can keep up with every single superhero series and movie simultaneously.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's in the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I don't actually care weither or not ICBMs can go into space irl

• Locked thread