Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I am annoyed that widow's left click is so good but people will still shoot 3% charge shots into people up close.
I want them to make her more of a skirmish sniper compared to hanzo, who is already less mobile than her and I would argue has a worse weapon for up close. As thematically inconsistent it would be to have the bow sniper be the superior long range option. But hanzo needs something to stand out from widow. And it should probably not be "nerf ever single part of widows kit" to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ddraig posted:

Novistadors would be pretty cool but I'd rather a Garrador.

Okay fair enough then give the bug some kind of burrow (possibly burrough) ability so they can get behind defensive encampments and kill the OP fucklord Bastion.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Help Im Alive posted:

Has there ever been a playable old woman in a video game

Probably, but not one I can name off the top of my head. But they seem intent on ticking a lot of diversity boxes with Overwatch. And frankly, Blizzard games have been pretty poor diversity wise for a while so I can't say it's a bad idea. I play Hearthstone casually, another Blizzard title, and I can't recall a single non-white human card. I'm not any kind of diversity crusader, but when even I notice all yours games are almost 100% whitewashed, it's gotta be pretty bad.

Lady Naga posted:

Some sort of bug-like creature.

I wondered about that, but given that they haven't shown much otherwordly junk I decided that they seem to be constraining themselves to human/omnic, with the exception of Winston I guess, who seems to be some kind of GM Gorilla.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Efexeye posted:

pleasedontaddinvisibility, pleasedontaddinvisibility, pleasedontaddinvisibility

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Have a hero who's ultimate ability is to kill everyone on your team if they're not on the point and buff those that are to near invincible status.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

TheTatteredKing posted:

And it should probably not be "nerf ever single part of widows kit" to do it.

Nerf every single part of Widow's kit on the merits of doing so alone.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
In FPS design in general you gotta make your characters either humanoid or giant or else you wind up with an Oddjob situation.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Have a hero who's ultimate ability is to kill everyone on your team if they're not on the point and buff those that are to near invincible status.

so lucio

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Obvious missing TF2 mechanic is the spy one. It could be a hologram anime sex companion bot. Though I guess with two ninjas and a Korean mechagirl things are already pretty anime'd up.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
A hero who is just a giant butt who serves as distraction while the rest of the team gets stuff done.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

In FPS design in general you gotta make your characters either humanoid or giant or else you wind up with an Oddjob situation.

what about the turretman

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ddraig posted:

A hero who is just a giant butt who serves as distraction while the rest of the team gets stuff done.

https://gfycat.com/OffbeatCloudyDogfish

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

what about the turretman

He's wide.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Torbjorn is actually a creeper in game lore too. He comments on all the female characters, and even mentions that there's something on Symmetra's dress.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I really like playing Zarya but drat it her post-game cards are bullshit. Did 10,000 damage to the enemy team? Don't care. 8 billion objective kills? Nope, you're not junkrat! You popped 20 shields on your allies and blocked 2000 damage? WHOAH NELLY THAT DESERVES A CARD ALRIGHT!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jon joe posted:

I really like playing Zarya but drat it her post-game cards are bullshit. Did 10,000 damage to the enemy team? Don't care. 8 billion objective kills? Nope, you're not junkrat! You popped 20 shields on your allies and blocked 2000 damage? WHOAH NELLY THAT DESERVES A CARD ALRIGHT!

Almost like you're only getting positive reinforcement for things that conform to the role of a tank

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Make the new hero an anime body pillow

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Efexeye posted:

they already said they tried and it was dumb, and honestly, i think they're smart enough to realize that invisibility should only be utilized tactically and as an escape mechanism for weak offensive characters

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Almost like you're only getting positive reinforcement for things that conform to the role of a tank

Yeah except nobody ever votes for Zarya cards. I wouldn't be surprised if less than half the players understood what "Spent 70% of the game at high energy" meant.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

jon joe posted:

Yeah except nobody ever votes for Zarya cards. I wouldn't be surprised if less than half the players understood what "Spent 70% of the game at high energy" meant.

CONSUMED 6 SOULS!? WHOA HOLY poo poo THAT'S FUCKIN BADASS

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Weird, I usually get commends as Zarya if I get a card. Her ult generally does give someone else POTG though, but I'm okay with that.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
This is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXu-sSMqP4

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

jon joe posted:

Saw a great card earlier for McCree: five fan the hammer kills. He got six votes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I just hit level 30 and it clearly put me in some new level bracket because the only players I see now are 30+. I even saw a level 60 :stare:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Efexeye posted:

I feel like Reaper's teleport is functionally the same thing. Gets you behind enemy lines if you're clever and you have invincibility as an escape plan.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Make the new hero an anime body pillow

D.Va is already in the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

d.va is extremely cute

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Playing as Mercy, 7k+ Healing, Rez 4 dudes on a contested point during overtime to go on to win the game.

loving Hanzo kills the other teams Hanzo with his ult and gets PoTG.

What the gently caress is it going to take Blizz?

Edit oops this isn't the whining thread but fuckit

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Agoat posted:

I feel like Reaper's teleport is functionally the same thing. Gets you behind enemy lines if you're clever and you have invincibility as an escape plan.

It makes a loud-rear end noise, is telegraphed and you can't move for the first couple seconds.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kris xK posted:

Playing as Mercy, 7k+ Healing, Rez 4 dudes on a contested point during overtime to go on to win the game.

loving Hanzo kills the other teams Hanzo with his ult and gets PoTG.

What the gently caress is it going to take Blizz?

Edit oops this isn't the whining thread but fuckit

The game's been out for a week.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Papercut posted:

What does that have to do with how bad the POTG algorithm is?

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Who gives a poo poo?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Papercut posted:

While this is technically an accurate statement, it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elderbean posted:

Weird, I usually get commends as Zarya if I get a card. Her ult generally does give someone else POTG though, but I'm okay with that.

You just gotta get that potg first, friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKI6MeExOzk

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

teraflame posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

It's fun to be recognized for your accomplishments.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the game recognizes you for picking mccree i dont see the issue

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems like excluding ultimates from the play of the game would do a lot to improve them

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Nerf every single part of Widow's kit on the merits of doing so alone.

Yeah but I actually like the snipers being okay at closer ranges, despite it only meaning less people just sit miles away being lovely in theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stacks
Apr 22, 2016
What's the point of that voting thing at the end of a match? Does leveling up just give you loot boxes?