Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh my loving God that savage smile of the High Sparrow when Tommen walks out on the steps. Pryce is KILLING it this season.

Anybody got a screenshot of this? We're talking meme territory here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Most people are trying way to hard to figure things out. A few obvious things happening next 4 episodes.

Hound comes back, it should be the trial by combat. Arya leaves Bravos, but does she defeat the waif or is she saved by a twist, possibly involving Syrio? Or maybe it was all a test?

Cersei is tricked again, does her defeat lead to Tommen's death this season or next? A lannister dies this season, i guarantee it.

The Battle of Winterfell, although i am starting to think it might start this season and end next season. Do the Vale Knights save the day or is it some other house?

And lastly, Lady Stoneheart makes an appearance. If anyone thinks this is NOT happening they are thinking too hard. It will probably be the last scene of the last episode.

This whole season has been about redemption for the Starks. It fits right into the current storyline. In fact if you take it further i believe the Starks winning is a direct parallel to the Lannisters losing. Thats is why i'm certain one of them dies right before Lady Stark shows up.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

We've only had 3 Kingsguard who weren't faceless mooks. The Hound, who was a great character whom we all love. Meryn Trant, whose only purpose was to be the enforcer of Joffrey's cruelty and Jaime, who's now been stripped of that office. Nobody cares about who the kingsguard are anymore and that's why they aren't getting effort put into their outfits. Tommen actually has a pretty snazzy outfit that resembles what Tywinn wore, albeit with a lot less leather.

Barristan already forgotten :smith:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm sure that people will be certain of LSH appearing in the S7 finale.

Jon comes back: "Yaaaay!"

Benjen comes back: "Oh, that guy. Closure to that mystery."

Hound comes back: "He was funny! I hope he meets up with Arya."

Catelyn comes back: "Okay this is loving stupid now."

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 30, 2016

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Linguica posted:

Hahah the waif has been written as like the loving terminator now, jesus

She knows when you are sleeping. She knows when you're awake. She knows if you don't kill your target cause the Waif knows you're a fake.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Anonymous John posted:

Anybody got a screenshot of this? We're talking meme territory here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy1Tt-oZPVA

at 4:03. I'm no PH wizard but there it is. Feel free to unleash it unto the denizens of SA.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

nooneofconsequence posted:

Jon was the 998th LC.

Alliser was 999th, Ed makes number 1000th.

Also I really liked Tyrell's little speech to his troops. Not exactly Henry V but it did the job, and felt in character.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BigglesSWE posted:

I like Sam, he's a very pleasant and likeable character, but I can't really figure out why they spend this amount of time and resources on him. What's his character's end game?

The Maester school he's going to in Oldtown has a bunch of characters that will probably be important in the future, including a Sand Snake, a Faceless Man and a dude named Marwyn the Mage who can do some Valyrian and/or blood magic poo poo. He taught Mirri Maz Duur the spell that turned Drogo into a zombie. Sam will at the least serve as the link between these characters and team Jon/Melisandre, assuming that they exist in the show.

an skeleton posted:

Pretty great episode, season is going well. For those of you who seem to be confused about Arya's arc, the whole point is that she *wants* to be no one; not only an actual Faceless Man but literally a faceless man, someone with no identity and no ties to her painful past. But she can't, she isn't really a cold blooded killer, or at least not once it is clear that this is a meaningless assassination for some actress's career. The play and this episode made it clear that the waifs assumptions are exactly correct -- she is still Arya Stark (and always will be). Now she will murder the waif and... likely head back to westeros? Join Dany? That part I don't know.

It would be pretty cool if we never saw the showdown between the Waif and Arya and we just see Maisie Williams in Westeros in a later episode. Who's to say if that's actually Arya, then?

the jizz taxi posted:

A decent episode overall. The Tarlys were all superbly cast and nailed it 100% and it was a joy to see Walder Frey being that vile piece of poo poo that he is. See, a villain like Walder Frey works better than an all-out psychopath like Ramsay because with Walder Frey, you can also tell he's surrounded by inbred yokels whom he rightly views as what they are and his decades-long frustration of being mocked by his betters has turned into this ugly sense of bitter resentment. Ramsay, on the other hand, is just a giant prick of colossal proportions without a lot of purpose in life. Even the show's other notoriously sociopathic characters have differentiating factors, like Joffrey often being oddly pathetic and ineffectual, or a prick like Craster who was actually quite content with his life and didn't desire more power.

My favorite book detail about Walder Frey is that he does provide for every single member of his family, no matter how much he curmudgeons. A bunch of the shittier Freys are genuinely concerned for his health because they know that the next Lord Frey would just give them the boot and leave them to fend for themselves, if not cull them outright. Walder isn't a complete shitbag.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

chilihead posted:

And lastly, Lady Stoneheart makes an appearance. If anyone thinks this is NOT happening they are thinking too hard. It will probably be the last scene of the last episode.

People have been saying "LSH will definitely show up in the season finale" since Season 3. I want her to show up too, but given the show's "check off GRRM's plot points at breakneck speed" attitude I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Dany proclaiming the entire Dothraki nation as "Blood of my blood" means that she made them all her bloodriders which means that according to Dothraki tradition once she dies they all ought to follow her to the grave.

A dick move.

I think what you may be missing is that Dothraki tradition has been completely upended by this point. Dany has killed all the Khals, taken control of the lot of them with a giant dragon, and has convinced them to do something they've never done in sailing across the Narrow Sea to conquer a land they never expected to ever see. All bets are off. The "you must follow me to my grave" provision is probably not a cultural relic that they will keep.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Baka-nin posted:

Alliser was 999th, Ed makes number 1000th.

Neither were elected.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Kajeesus posted:

My favorite book detail about Walder Frey is that he does provide for every single member of his family, no matter how much he curmudgeons. A bunch of the shittier Freys are genuinely concerned for his health because they know that the next Lord Frey would just give them the boot and leave them to fend for themselves, if not cull them outright. Walder isn't a complete shitbag.

Yeah, that's why Cat whose distrusted him for years thinks its still possible to patch things up with the Frey's after Rob elopes. The whole deal with Edmure marrying into the family instead was to compensate them, might be enough to get him to overlook the insult. I also like how Walder deliberately kept all the not scheming arsehole Frey's out of the loop on the whole red wedding thing.

Though I don't remember if Stoneheart cares which is which or if she's just going after Freys indiscriminately. I know the one's she hangs in the chapter were part of the wedding plot.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Baka-nin posted:

Yeah, that's why Cat whose distrusted him for years thinks its still possible to patch things up with the Frey's after Rob elopes. The whole deal with Edmure marrying into the family instead was to compensate them, might be enough to get him to overlook the insult. I also like how Walder deliberately kept all the not scheming arsehole Frey's out of the loop on the whole red wedding thing.

Though I don't remember if Stoneheart cares which is which or if she's just going after Freys indiscriminately. I know the one's she hangs in the chapter were part of the wedding plot.

Given how she treats Brienne (at least initially), I expect it's probably going to be "all Freys must die."

Frey Morghulis.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Baka-nin posted:

HOLY poo poo YOUR APOSTROPHE KEY IS OUT OF loving CONTROL.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

high sparrow 2016 kill you're self kill you're parent's

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

nooneofconsequence posted:

Neither were elected.

Yeah and one had to be deposed by outsiders and the other wasn't challenged at all.

Apoplexy posted:

You're talking nonsense' dear ser, mayhaps you've not been acquainted with t'common tongue much like y'all t'other travellers from t' deep blue sea recently arrived from t'places far away.

Or mayhaps you're just Southron born.

Baka-nin fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 30, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baka-nin posted:

You're talking nonsense' dear ser, mayhaps you've not been acquainted with t'common tongue much like y'all t'other travellers from t' deep blue sea recently arrived from t'places far away.

Or mayhaps you're just Southron born.

Ooooooh snap!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

high sparrow 2016 kill you're self kill you're parent's

Also carve a septagram on you are face so the world knows you mean business

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Kajeesus posted:

Walder also raised his original heir, Stevron, to care for his family. But then Stevron dies at Oxcross and his son Ryman had no such grooming. Of course he gets offed by the Brotherhood anyway.

The whole line of succession is boned anyway. The Freys will get what's coming to them without any outside help.

The Freys are fascinating

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 30, 2016

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

Also carve a septagram on you are face so the world knows you mean business

dehumanize yourself and face to the seven-pointed star

Majorian posted:

I think what you may be missing is that Dothraki tradition has been completely upended by this point. Dany has killed all the Khals, taken control of the lot of them with a giant dragon, and has convinced them to do something they've never done in sailing across the Narrow Sea to conquer a land they never expected to ever see. All bets are off. The "you must follow me to my grave" provision is probably not a cultural relic that they will keep.

Looking forward to a montage of the Dothraki being scared of the ocean like little children and getting seasick, lol. But in all seriousness, even if Dany got a 1,000 ships and we're generous to include possible navy complements from the ships and crews Yara and Theon took with them, most of her troops have never been on an ocean-faring vessel before and have no clue how to operate it. The Dothraki and the Unsullied are land-based armies and perhaps some among the Second Sons have some naval experience, but probably not that much. The show might well gloss over this but I'm quite sure GRRM, with his painstaking attention to detail (even when it doesn't serve the plot or point) will have considered this.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh my loving God that savage smile of the High Sparrow when Tommen walks out on the steps. Pryce is KILLING it this season.

It's so fun to have one character that knows what they're doing dancing circles around all the other clowns fighting for power. It's almost like we have Tywin back.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

BlueBayou posted:

Walder also raised his original heir, Stevron, to care for his family. But then Stevron dies at Oxcross and his son Ryman had no such grooming. Of course he gets offed by the Brotherhood anyway.

The whole line of succession is boned anyway. The Frey's will get what's coming to them without any outside help.

The Frey's are fascinating

You're also infected with Apostrophitis. It's Freys. You don't ever use an apostrophe to pluralize something. Not ever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

'Nuncles.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Apoplexy posted:

You're also infected with Apostrophitis. It's Freys. You don't ever use an apostrophe to pluralize something. Not ever.

Oh God, I knew that! I am properly shamed.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Edit: nvm about english, late night posting. Blegh.

I hope to see Cleganebowl this season.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Apoplexy posted:

Y'all :colbert:

also you're can be plural or singular depending on who or what you're referring too.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Apoplexy posted:

Agreed. Less apostrophes ITT please.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

meristem posted:

The birds are at Cersei's discretion right now, aren't they?

Either way, we only have four episodes to go - possibly fewer if one of those doesn't visit the plot. The High Sparrow needs to hone in on Cersei as his next target, reject her offer of trial by combat, and then get his 'unpleasant surprise', whatever that is. Hopefully a wildfire terrorist attack on the Sept with all the Sparrows inside, Dany-style.

Wouldn't this be poetic, because Jaime killed Aerys over threatening to do this exact thing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Baka-nin posted:

Y'all :colbert:

also you're can be plural or singular depending on who or what you're referring too.

"Too"

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
A quotation mark is dual wielding apostrophes.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Overall a good episode, but I swear if they end one more loving episode on Dany giving a stupid speech to whatever her current followers are then I'm really not sure what I will do! :mad:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I don't know if it's an intentional thing or not but can Mace Tyrell not ride a horse? Is that a thing in the books? Because some guy has to steer it for him the whole time.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Arya's reaction to the play this time around is adorable.

Edit: poo poo! She sobered up quickly.

Double Edit: :asoiaf:

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 31, 2016

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Peanut President posted:

I don't know if it's an intentional thing or not but can Mace Tyrell not ride a horse? Is that a thing in the books? Because some guy has to steer it for him the whole time.

The actor probably just doesn't know how to ride a horse, it's hard to imagine a nobleman not knowing what should be a pretty basic skill. It's never come up in the books as far as I know either.

tazjin posted:

Overall a good episode, but I swear if they end one more loving episode on Dany giving a stupid speech to whatever her current followers are then I'm really not sure what I will do! :mad:

The speech was ok, but I think it was the wrong scene to end the episode on. It would have been much better if they had ended with Edmure being reintroduced or Arya digging up needle and blowing the candle out.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 31, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Y'all is singular. All y'all is the plural.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Some people are just too fat to sit a horse properly.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Peanut President posted:

This was definitely an intentional thing, since Mace in the show is depicted as terribly incompetent/dumb. That he wouldn't be able to ride a horse properly while riding ON one at the head of an army is terribly in character.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

Barristan already forgotten :smith:

Is he the guy that died in an alley somewhere?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The greatest warrior the Kingdoms had ever seen brought down by the likes of a bunch of mask-wearing bozos with shortswords?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

The greatest warrior the Kingdoms had ever seen brought down by the likes of a bunch of mask-wearing bozos with shortswords?

Just goes to show you how terrible Westrosi fighters are.

• Locked thread