Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Aww yeah. More top notch Witcher content, here I come.

Yeah, Its been a while posting and thinking "Why does my connection feel so sluggish?" then I look at gog and its already downloaded like 6 gigs out of 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

One thing I dislike in the new Inventory/menu UI is the one second delay prior to the stats box popping up, unlike how they would instantly show before. But all the other improvements more than make up for it like having the weapons/armor list be on the far right instead of the far left :getin:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I had no idea that patches for this game break mods so badly. It refuses to even start up if it senses anything wrong. If I've done my sleuthing correctly, the patch has broken AutoLoot, Always Full Exp, Fast Travel From Anywhere, No Witcher Sense, Map Quest Objectives, SlotsSlotsSLOTS, Unlimited Durability, and Witcher Sense Toggle. So, almost everything that wasn't a retexture. Some are just cheaty ones I can live without, but I'm going to miss auto loot and the sense toggle. Now to wait and see how long it takes the Nexus to react.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SirSamVimes posted:

This is why you always check your glossary when doing witcher contracts. :eng101:

As I recall, I don't think the glossary updated until I was basically already there, if not after. It hasn't always given me the monster entry in advance.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There was a succubus quest in The Witcher 2, and it features one of my favorite Geralt lines of the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT42GFej7tk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Let's go baby.
Pa paam. Pam pam paraaaam!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dr. Abysmal posted:

There was a succubus quest in The Witcher 2, and it features one of my favorite Geralt lines of the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT42GFej7tk

That's a good scene. I feel like the voice actor for Geralt really stepped it up in the third game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jack Trades posted:

Let's go baby.

Wait, you've got it on Steam? How?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I just finished reading all the Witcher books and wow book Dandelion is kind of an rear end in a top hat compared to game Dandelion.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

That's what I want to know! Mine hasn't even started to download yet.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Swedish Horror posted:

I just finished reading all the Witcher books and wow book Dandelion is kind of an rear end in a top hat compared to game Dandelion.

How does Yennefer compare?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Meridian posted:

How does Yennefer compare?

Still super rude to people that aren't Geralt/Ciri.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Looks like steam has opened the floodgates, the download is starting for me now.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Swedish Horror posted:

Still super rude to people that aren't Geralt/Ciri.

And sometimes them too

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Swedish Horror posted:

They made Geralt much softer too.

Dude spends most of the series pissed as gently caress. Compared to him Witcher 3 Geralt is a jolly fellow.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

That's a good scene. I feel like the voice actor for Geralt really stepped it up in the third game.

All of the voice acting is really well directed, it's quite astounding when compared to the wooden stiff repetetive voices of something like Oblivion or even Skyrim.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lyer posted:

Looks like steam has opened the floodgates, the download is starting for me now.
Yep, it's downloading. IT'S DOWNLOADING.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

aaaaaaa

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait, you've got it on Steam? How?

Redundant now that Steam version is go, but you can add non-steam games to the client. It's how I stream the gog version to my TV.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Hot dog it's finally here!

Hot dog I don't know which of my mods is preventing the game to launch! :v:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Blood and Wine is live on PS4 :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

loving poo poo I haven't done that quest on my NG+ save yet.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Franz von Dada posted:

Dude spends most of the series pissed as gently caress. Compared to him Witcher 3 Geralt is a jolly fellow.

After you die you tend to mellow out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Franz von Dada posted:

They spent all of baptism of fire telling geralt to grow the gently caress up and stop being a moody rear end in a top hat. Guess it must have stuck

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
Yay, all downloaded, though I loaded my save and Roach is completely invisible sans the armor and tail. Hopefully validating the game cache fixes it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Since someone mentioned the Witcher books, is there an order to read them in or a recommend list? I'm out of new reading material :(

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Since someone mentioned the Witcher books, is there an order to read them in or a recommend list? I'm out of new reading material :(

The Last Wish, The Sword of Destiny, Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Swallow's Tower, Lady of the Lake. Season of Storms chronologically takes place in the middle of The Last Wish, but was the last one written, so should be read last. Lady of the Lake and Season of the Storms only have unofficial translations so far. I just started myself, but The Last Wish was excellent, and Blood of Elves is very good so far as well.

pyrotek fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 31, 2016

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

These knights are so fancy and ridiculous, I love it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

At a quick glance it looks like Velen/Novigrad maps are unchanged, for what it's worth.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat, just got home.

What a nice thing to be greeted with, Steam! :3:
:getin:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 31, 2016

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

New region is huge. Wow.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Is this going to be too easy on a lvl 40 character (death march)? Has anyone tried out the new "enemy scaling" feature?

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
edit: double post

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Let's go baby.
am I being really stupid here? What's the difference between the first two options?

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

am I being really stupid here? What's the difference between the first two options?

First one's a brand new game. Second's an existing savegame.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is it just me or does the game run better than it did before now?

Like before when I had everything on Ultra I'd get about 45/50 fps and now after the patch and expansion came out it runs at a full 60fps with everything on Ultra! :prepop:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Anybody else having trouble getting Blood and Wine to start on PS4? A pop-up came up and said it was ready to use but on the main menu it said it's still not available until May 31st and it won't acknowledge that I have it. Should I redownload or something?

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Where do the Torch items go?
It disappeared from my pocket and I can't find it anywhere in my inventory. I did however, find it in the inventory when at a store. So weird.

Also, I've been getting a TON of experience for lower level quests (was catching up on some lvl 15-17 stuff at 21)
Normally they'd award me between 1 and 20 experience, now I'm getting 400-500 per major checkpoint.

As cool as that sounds, it just seems like I'll be way too OP by the time I get to the end of the game, the level pacing was way better pre-patch IMO.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turns out I'm really out of practise. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat I thought I was going to miss Gaunter O'Dimms theme in the games start screen since its so good, but this one was more than a year coming and its just as good.