Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Get rid of WM's gun, put all her damage on the mine, reduce the cooldown of both abilities so I can play Needlessly Sexy Batwoman.

This is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Well no poo poo. I thought his orbs had tracking outside of his Discore/Harmony orbs. Maybe that's why I'm so poo poo with him.

Do his orbs has perfect accuracy like Genji's stars do?

As in do they fire in a straight line? Yes.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Pakled posted:

There's an option to turn off skirmishes in Options > Gameplay

:zenpop:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Countblanc posted:

first inhouse game was sloppy to set up but ultimately successful! more starting in 10 minutes, if you want to play join this discord!

https://discord.gg/012lgy1fB3hWyYmeP

i won't spam this thread after today but I wanted to get word out and things are messy rn

is there a skill expectation, or is the only expectation that one try? Try... "hard" if you will?

i like organized lobbies that get away from the Lets Pick Roadhog and D.Va Every Time And Never Switch No Matter WhatTM game as opposed to the Overwatch game which is much better imo, but my mechanics are... well there's lots of room to improve. which i'd like to do.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
There's nothing more hilarious than some obviously partied group stomping soloqueue and spamming trashtalk.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Willie Tomg posted:

is there a skill expectation, or is the only expectation that one try? Try... "hard" if you will?

i like organized lobbies that get away from the Lets Pick Roadhog and D.Va Every Time And Never Switch No Matter WhatTM game as opposed to the Overwatch game which is much better imo, but my mechanics are... well there's lots of room to improve. which i'd like to do.

It's v. chill, basically like playing in the lost continents except more structured.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

It's v. chill, basically like playing in the lost continents except more structured.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do people still back bite a ton, and constantly poo poo talk in goony ways, like in LCS?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

Depends on how much of a smug sense of self-satisfaction you need.

Assume I'm constantly in need of attention and am full of self loathing that I hide within a facade of sarcastic condescension

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i made a thread about it here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778249

Turtlicious posted:

Do people still back bite a ton, and constantly poo poo talk in goony ways, like in LCS?

Who knows! this was the first night. we'll see how stuff goes in the future

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Having played Battleborn and this for equal amounts of time now, I want to say that this has a much more satisfying multiplayer than I had anticipated. I didn't fit in with much for TF2, but this scratches some kind of internal itch that I didn't know I had. I haven't even touched Battleborn's PvP but already knowing that this has stolen my attention makes me lament that the interesting character types in that game aren't represented here.
I am also enjoying the gently caress out of pwning people using Lucio on the Xbox One, with a controller, and inverted axis.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Bill NYSE posted:

I am also enjoying the gently caress out of pwning people using Lucio on the Xbox One, with a controller, and inverted axis.

Same :hfive:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
reposting this:

All of the KOTH maps are fully connected:

http://imgur.com/a/aLHnb

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Gimmick groups are really frustrating to go up against. Kinda kills the spirit of the game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hace posted:

reposting this:

That's some really lazy connections. Just plastering the stages inside a bunch of generic stuff. Doesn't look like it fits in at all, which I guess doesn't really matter, since you're never really supposed to see it like this anyway.
Guess it's mostly so you only have to load the maps once.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hace posted:

reposting this:

This is a side effect of them being recycled Titan maps, n'est pas?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I saw a post with the Master Overwatch earlier and now my friends are having fun comparing stats

I'm the #733 Torb on PSN, apparently, but my buddy's #51 as Mei

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Verranicus posted:

Gimmick groups are really frustrating to go up against. Kinda kills the spirit of the game.

The... spirit of the game? What? This isn't baseball.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Broken Cog posted:

That's some really lazy connections. Just plastering the stages inside a bunch of generic stuff. Doesn't look like it fits in at all, which I guess doesn't really matter, since you're never really supposed to see it like this anyway.
Guess it's mostly so you only have to load the maps once.

I thought the Nepal and Illios ones were cool

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Does Genji's sword thing only hit at the end of his teleport or whatever or does it do damage through the entire thing?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Verranicus posted:

If hero-stacking is eliminated at some point you're gonna see some hilarious meltdowns when bad Genji/Widow/etc players show up and can't pick the character they insist on always playing no matter what.

crabf
May 29, 2015
strolling through to post this incase it hasn't been already
https://gfycat.com/PoorLiquidAtlanticridleyturtle

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Verranicus posted:

Teamwork is once again, OP.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Does Genji's sword thing only hit at the end of his teleport or whatever or does it do damage through the entire thing?

The whole thing, he'll hit every enemy in a straight line.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Fabricated posted:

If hero-stacking is eliminated at some point you're gonna see some hilarious meltdowns when bad Genji/Widow/etc players show up and can't pick the character they insist on always playing no matter what.

I'd gladly have hero stacking removed. More fun with more hero variety.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
There's no chance they'll remove 'hero stacking' in casual.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That's dumb. a 2-hero limit would be fine, but making it one of each is just stupid. I mean there's kind of a problem right now with 5 McCree's every match, but thats a specific hero balance issue.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

stacking your team with 6 of a single hero is gonna get you smashed a lot of the time unless the other team is much worse, at which point it doesn't matter because they were gonna lose anyway

some gimmicks work better than others, sure, but 6 torbjorns in king of the hill is a stupid idea and you're gonna lose. a lot of the time it'll end up like that instead of you winning

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Manatee Cannon posted:

stacking your team with 6 of a single hero is gonna get you smashed a lot of the time unless the other team is much worse, at which point it doesn't matter because they were gonna lose anyway

some gimmicks work better than others, sure, but 6 torbjorns in king of the hill is a stupid idea and you're gonna lose. a lot of the time it'll end up like that instead of you winning

Yeah this is why I hate sixstacks, I want to actually play the game and every time there's a six stack it's just an annoying free win.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
6 D.vas on control point maps in the last few seconds is really tough for attackers to beat tho

i think thats a good play personally

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

We did 5 Roadhog/1 76 last night and stomped two rounds, then I got thrown out of the group and ended up going against them. Torbjorn turrets wrecked them.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

three torbs with the proper support can be a bitch

J
Jun 10, 2001

If the other team is doing a 6 of the same hero gimmick lineup then stop being a bunch of grinches and do your own gimmick lineup and be a funhaver instead of a doody head

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Re-eliminating people that Mercy resurrects will never get tiring.
https://i.imgur.com/vaSS8lX.webm

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tequila Sunrise posted:

We did 5 Roadhog/1 76 last night and stomped two rounds, then I got thrown out of the group and ended up going against them. Torbjorn turrets wrecked them.

gimmick squads tend to have have pretty harsh counters because heroes all have poo poo they can't deal with well. you're really just hoping the other team both does not have a good counter to your gimmick at the start of the round and then refuses to change to something that negates your bullshit for the rest of it

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

a cat on an apple posted:

It serves several purposes.

The most immediate mechanical purpose is that Commending a person is the same as Preferring a person. Matchmaking will attempt to put you with that person, if possible.

A secondary purpose is that it can be helpful for identifying a) strong points in the enemy's composition, for you to analyze and understand, or b) weak points in your team's composition.

A rare but extremely notable card is the Gold Medals Earned card. Gold Medals are earned when you are the top relative scorer on your team in that aspect - Eliminations, Objective Kills, Objective Time, Damage Done and Healing Done are five, and there might be a sixth I'm not thinking of (Deaths does not give medals.) If someone has a 4 Gold Medals card, it typically means they carried pretty hard, especially if they aren't a Roadhog (who can frequently outperform healers and get a Gold Healing medal). That means they were the best on their team for objective kills, objective time, damage dealt and overall eliminations (meaning they had a high kill participation as well as the objective kills). Sometimes a team just gets carried by some literal gaming god, and that card is usually how you identify such a thing happened. On the other hand, if you lose the game but get the 4 Gold Medals card, it means that you pulled your carry britches up but they weren't good enough because it's a team game, which means there's very little to analyze about that loss in particular and you should move on.

Basically that last line was an underhanded way of saying that if you lost the game and didn't get 4 Gold Medals, there was something more you could have done, even if your teammates were actual babies blowing spit bubbles.

i just 4 golded on a losing team w/ soldier 76, so thanks for this post it gave me something to shoot for on a team that couldn't get its poo poo together. interestingly, my team got all the cards even though they lost.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

J posted:

If the other team is doing a 6 of the same hero gimmick lineup then stop being a bunch of grinches and do your own gimmick lineup and be a funhaver instead of a doody head

I have fun when it's an even, tense match. Or when my team pulls a victory out of nowhere. Or when we get absolutely steamrolled but I still feel like I did everything I could.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Since people were posting Reinhardts, this was my best game with him. I skipped to the PotG, but the whole match I was rippin dudes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CizwYAGMlCM&t=296s

Only after watching it, I realized I never used his fire strike...

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I have fun when it's an even, tense match. Or when my team pulls a victory out of nowhere. Or when we get absolutely steamrolled but I still feel like I did everything I could.

Then do what he said and pick another gimmick team to make it tense and even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Then do what he said and pick another gimmick team to make it tense and even.

I don't enjoy handicapping myself just to make something even remotely a challenge.

It's not like it'll even be an issue once ranked queue comes around anyway.