Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

These are two hosed up looking human beings. Make it a mask vs mask match, the loser has to wear a mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Where is my truth martini action figure?!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha that reminds me of how pissed Vince got when some other company put out a Steen figure before WWE could

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Big fan of Kevin Steen and his hot pants

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
My favorite thing about the Vince being pissed about the Steen figure thing is that WWE was able to put out theirs before even prototypes of Steen's figure were out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Add Hansen and ACH to the list of talent whose deals are up at the turn of the year along with The Young Bucks and Adam Cole.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
ACH is good as gone and your NEWWWWWW WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Cole Adams too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Howling Man posted:

ACH is good as gone and your NEWWWWWW WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Cole Adams too.

WWE to ACH: "As the new Cruiserweight Champion, you have only one task: Don't outshine the heavyweights. So do nothing flashy. At all. In fact, make sure the flashiest move you do is an armdrag. But not a Ricky Steamboat style armdrag. Think Robert Gibson of the Rock-n-Roll Express. Your finisher will be a dropkick."

Smackdown commentator: "You won't see high flying action like this anywhere else!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
ACH's situation with ROH is kinda maddening. ACH wants to be portrayed as a more serious person/wrestler. The booking of him is what it is. Also the commentary most recently is framing him as this video game playing and anime reading manchild. But his attitude backstage is still very immature and he is paying for past mistakes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

ACH's situation with ROH is kinda maddening. ACH wants to be portrayed as a more serious person/wrestler. The booking of him is what it is. Also the commentary most recently is framing him as this video game playing and anime reading manchild. But his attitude backstage is still very immature and he is paying for past mistakes.

I remember hearing that he was supposed to win the TV title at that one Toronto show a couple years ago but he missed his flight. I wonder if that's true? I definitely think he'd be in a better spot today if so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what the christ. I hope Stevie goes full libertarian gimmick.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Possibly a spoiler but I think that portrayal works in the feud they have coming up for him against Silas which could lead to a more serious turn.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

I remember hearing that he was supposed to win the TV title at that one Toronto show a couple years ago but he missed his flight. I wonder if that's true? I definitely think he'd be in a better spot today if so.

Without looking it up that's true more or less.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I met him at the Dearborn show a couple weeks ago. He went to hang out at the merch table after his match and he was a really cool dude. Very nice to everyone, gracious. Same with KUSHIDA.

Honestly, I've yet to meet anyone at an ROH show who wasn't awesome. Steen, Hero, Styles, Sydal, the Bucks, ACH, KUSHIDA, Ciampa, Nigel, Elgin, Cedric have all been really really nice guys.

Steen was especially nice to everyone and I'd find it hard to ever believe a negative word about the guy given the 4-5 times I've been around him.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
The coolest of all people I met at a ROH show was Roderick Strong. This was about 4 years ago, I think the second to last time they taped at the Davis Arena in Louisville. All the wrestlers are taking some photos and so forth and out of NOWHERE Roderick Strong appears standing on some tall A/C unit or something and shouts "RODERICK STRONG IS HERE, BRING IT!" . I rushed over to him and he threw his arm over me and got a dope photo.

roddy RULES

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Howling Man posted:

roddy RULES

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Please don't leave RoH, Roderick 'Rod the Bod' 'Roddy' 'Mr. RoH' 'Dojo Bro' 'The Messiah of the Backbreaker' Strong

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

coconono posted:

what the christ. I hope Stevie goes full libertarian gimmick.

He'll show you. You'll see.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Went to the Columbus Clippers game with some buddies tonight and Adam Cole happened to be there signing autographs to promote next week's ROH show. Super nice guy. There was nobody else in line so I got to chat with him for a bit.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

i remember shortly thereafter he missed another flight and forgot his gear so he worked a match in pants with some other dudes name on his rear end

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i remember he was booked against nakamura and when the match was announced weeks he tweeted WONT MISS MY FLIGHT FOR THIS ONE and then he missed his flight

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2aktKoQUWs

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its insane they have a unique talent like that on hand stuck in prelims they seem reluctant to book in the first place

beer city bruiser, i mean

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heavily in this vid aw jyeah

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

lets spend money on a good stage and lights and then let the other three sides of the arena still look like the armories we run!

never change sinclair, never change.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I saw Stevie Richards in some random YouTube video about coaxial cable or something I forget but I was not expecting him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

I saw Stevie Richards in some random YouTube video about coaxial cable or something I forget but I was not expecting him.

Yeah, he reviews electronics for a living, and takes bookings for wrestling as well, but isn't dependent on it (a good thing, considering how many serious injuries he's had).

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
After a few weeks of clip shows i have never been happier to see ACH's donk

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Also enjoying how the addiction celebrated by immediately 69ing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wordsbig80s/status/739448514338562048

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

lol

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't think I've ever heard a ROH event miced well enough that you could actually hear the crowd that loud

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Columbus show tonight was excellent. Lethal-Page, Roddy-Jay Briscoe, War Machine-Addiction and Cole-Rush were all outstanding. Castle and Kamataichi had a really good match too.

Roddy pinned Jay clean which shocked me. And two fat black dudes interfered to help the Addiction win.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

please do not insult my two new best friends The Pretty Boy Killas Keith Lee and Shane Taylor

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Roddy pinned Jay clean which shocked me. And two fat black dudes interfered to help the Addiction win.

Men On A Mission 2.0 own pretty hard. At the Indy show, they did a tag against BCB and Silas Young. A lot of very hard action and breathing.

Overall, the Indy show was pretty good aside from the cursory ticket checkin(I don't even think they put up a sign on the venue) and they left the house lights on the entire time.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

coconono posted:

Men On A Mission 2.0 own pretty hard. At the Indy show, they did a tag against BCB and Silas Young. A lot of very hard action and breathing.

Overall, the Indy show was pretty good aside from the cursory ticket checkin(I don't even think they put up a sign on the venue) and they left the house lights on the entire time.

The house lights were turned on because they were having problems with the lighting they brought turning off intermittently and just left them on after the first match (ANX vs Dalton/Stevie.) And I was running late and the guy at the door didn't even check my ticket; I could've probably got away with using the tickets I printed out for Global Wars, he didn't even read what was on them. Fun show over all, except for a scary moment when Jay Lethal potentially hurt himself badly on the second of his 3 dive spot when he smacked the left side of his jaw onto the guard rail hard.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Adam Cole is sick, gonna miss some shows

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/adam-cole-hospitalized

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
too much Roppongi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I don't think I've ever heard a ROH event miced well enough that you could actually hear the crowd that loud

manhattan mayhem 2 was pretty well miced

• Locked thread