Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

who's been spending the :10bux: on some titles

me, bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

I'm honoured

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

I'm honoured

Couldn't even spring for redtext.

I feel cheated.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gotta pay that private school tuition for lowtax's daughter somehow.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I don't think I want Xenuria posting in this thread.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

and here I thought I couldn't hold you in higher esteem

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I'd felt a bit ambivalent about what I thought was at times a slightly cloying attitude towards VG at times but I am all but swooning here.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
https://i.imgur.com/D95pix9.webm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

I'd felt a bit ambivalent about what I thought was at times a slightly cloying attitude towards VG at times but I am all but swooning here.

newbies are good and we all felt the same as this over tim, the enchanter, when he joined with an extremely similar hyper upbeat attitude

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

VideoGames posted:

:swoon:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

VideoGames posted:

:kheldragar:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VideoGames posted:

He's a polarizing figure in that most people want to be on the polar opposite side of any thing that he's on. Except the mittani I guess.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

newbies are good and we all felt the same as this over tim, the enchanter, when he joined with an extremely similar hyper upbeat attitude

Did he quit and sell his characters or is he just in tishu now for whatever reason?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i think that xenuria's posting is better than paco's, landsknect or the elsa pussy drawer but he's still a piece of poo poo so im glad about this.

at this point, i think i want prencleeve to post more itt :cripes:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

at this point, i think i want prencleeve to post more itt :cripes:

He's still around?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
He made another comeback post around the time the blawrf thing happened iirc

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Rhymenoserous posted:

He's a polarizing figure in that most people want to be on the polar opposite side of any thing that he's on. Except the mittani I guess.

There are far worse people in the eve community than myself.
The very worst things I do are make cheesy youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPW7XI3DpxM
Or talk about space fashion.

I also lose ships sometimes https://zkillboard.com/character/1735645598/reset/group/485/losses/ it dosn't matter because killboard efficiency is not important.

MysteriousThing fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 31, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Probably a good idea. Xenuria is hated enough that someone vandalized the actual physical EVE player monument in Iceland just to scratch out his name, even though they knew that they would be caught on camera and permabanned from EVE forever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Troika- posted:

Probably a good idea. Xenuria is hated enough that someone vandalized the actual physical EVE player monument in Iceland just to scratch out his name, even though they knew that they would be caught on camera and permabanned from EVE forever.

I agree, it'd be good overall.

If I remember correctly one of the people involved on it posted about how CCP unjustly banned them for being related to it in one of the previous threads.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

He's still around?

He surfaced a couple months ago and made his annual inquiry about joining goons

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I strongly suggest we veer left away from the minefield that is the monument incident and let VG deal with Xenuria if/when his posting gets out of line.

With that in mind, is the widot leaving thing confirmed, and if so where are they going? I heard rumors about PH and FCON respectively but I'm at work and can't really follow up.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

-Troika- posted:

lol no that didnt happen, the guy who did it posted about it on twitter and then when he got to canada confessed and tried to pin it on one of the other guys based on his gf forums name which was NOT his in game name

it was good drama

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Xolve posted:

He's still around?

I was looking at logs and weren't you active in Miniluv back in 2012? I think we asploded things together. Yup!

https://zkillboard.com/kill/26384852/

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

-Troika- posted:

Yeah, uh, my ban was for 3 months, and I hated him entirely for out of game reasons.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carth Dookie posted:

I strongly suggest we veer left away from the minefield that is the monument incident and let VG deal with Xenuria if/when his posting gets out of line.

With that in mind, is the widot leaving thing confirmed, and if so where are they going? I heard rumors about PH and FCON respectively but I'm at work and can't really follow up.

They wouldn't be able to join Horde as a corp. FCON seems far more likely.

Edit - Assuming they're actually going to leave.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 31, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

Yeah, uh, my ban was for 3 months, and I hated him entirely for out of game reasons.

Forever a hero Tinal. Don't forget it

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

I was looking at logs and weren't you active in Miniluv back in 2012? I think we asploded things together. Yup!

https://zkillboard.com/kill/26384852/

I was indeed.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ok so in an effort to post more despite having nothing relevant to post about (can I start telling paco to shut up, or is that right earned?) I’m going to start sort of journaling my EVE adventure ala videogames.

Things are going well in the WH corp. I was going to sell these guys up the river last month, but I’ve reconsidered on that front. The most active member is a white supremacist who is a bossy piss baby most of the time and I really don’t like him, but I’ve also come to learn over the weeks that he is genuinely mentally ill and unstable, and if I got hole squad to smash his spaceships he might go off and kill himself or someone else and I don't want that on my head.

Not only do I owe this rear end in a top hat a lot for showing me how to play this stupidly complicated spreadsheet game, but I owe him something for teaching me mercy and pity. It had been a while since I’d felt those things genuinely. I was in a place a month ago where I was ready to go out and start ripping down confederate flags and throwing bricks through windows; but no more.

The guy is just supremely lonely and it makes me think a lot of this conservative fascist poo poo comes as a dumb response to existential loneliness. They need individualism because they only have themselves. They need to feel like collectivism doesn’t work because no one will collectivize with them. But I digress.

We’re setting up a citadel tomorrow and everyone is really excited. We had all 7 members on today and blew up a confessor/gila/corax before closing our static hole. I wouldn’t have known what any of those words meant a month ago.

Videogames was talking about how just watching his miner orbit and hearing the lasers smash them rocks good made him smile, and I find that this game is a literal loving mandelbrot pattern of pleasure. Every new learned thing makes me smile. Every new procedure toward doing something makes me smile. The ‘game’ in this game is completely uncontrived, the game tries to get out of your way and leaves this thing which is more like an ecosystem. An ecosystem of grief and loss, or of fortune and gain like the real world we all inhabit.

I almost killed someone with my stealth bomber today and my heart raced. It was a probe who was way too savvy and warp stabbed to hell. If it hadn’t been it would have been my first solo kill It was the first time I tracked someone down with D-scan.

In general though, I’m raking in the ISK, have bought 3 skill injectors since moving to Wspace, and I’m getting obsessed enough that my thoughts turn to dual boxing for a dedicated indy character.

I’m sorry hole squad that I can’t deliver a citadel to you, but when I’m feeling more confident, one night I’m going to fly my ships out of this system and appear rain soaked on your doorstep.

I'll end with a question: Why do people like living in nullsec more than Wspace?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I'll end with a question: Why do people like living in nullsec more than Wspace?

Scalability, ease of logistics, accessibility for brand new players, ease of return for returning players.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Wormholes are excellent for small groups of higher sp pilots looking for something different. Nullsec is a ton more inclusive and can have newbies come out on their first day.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

nullsec is better because you can drop 100 titans on something

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
xenuria should be allowed to post here alongside paco vato and the other one i've forgotten

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

gwrtheyrn posted:

Did he quit and sell his characters or is he just in tishu now for whatever reason?

No it's still me, I quit playing for nearly 2 years and when I came back all the old Space Violence dudes I used to play with had quit or moved on to Groon, BOS or Tishu, Groon was inactive at the moment I came back and im too lazy for BOS and not euro so Ephecinas corp in Tishu it was. They let me do funny things like putting gate camping citadels all over the place.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wow how far the cute fall

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The only reason to be in w-space is to make isk. Except a bunch of the people who live in w-space have some stupid e-bushido honor code thing about being hard core pvpers.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

CainFortea posted:

The only reason to be in w-space is to make isk. Except a bunch of the people who live in w-space have some stupid e-bushido honor code thing about being hard core pvpers.

:frogbon:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ok so in an effort to post more despite having nothing relevant to post about (can I start telling paco to shut up, or is that right earned?) I’m going to start sort of journaling my EVE adventure ala videogames.

Things are going well in the WH corp. I was going to sell these guys up the river last month, but I’ve reconsidered on that front. The most active member is a white supremacist who is a bossy piss baby most of the time and I really don’t like him, but I’ve also come to learn over the weeks that he is genuinely mentally ill and unstable, and if I got hole squad to smash his spaceships he might go off and kill himself or someone else and I don't want that on my head.

Not only do I owe this rear end in a top hat a lot for showing me how to play this stupidly complicated spreadsheet game, but I owe him something for teaching me mercy and pity. It had been a while since I’d felt those things genuinely. I was in a place a month ago where I was ready to go out and start ripping down confederate flags and throwing bricks through windows; but no more.

The guy is just supremely lonely and it makes me think a lot of this conservative fascist poo poo comes as a dumb response to existential loneliness. They need individualism because they only have themselves. They need to feel like collectivism doesn’t work because no one will collectivize with them. But I digress.

We’re setting up a citadel tomorrow and everyone is really excited. We had all 7 members on today and blew up a confessor/gila/corax before closing our static hole. I wouldn’t have known what any of those words meant a month ago.

Videogames was talking about how just watching his miner orbit and hearing the lasers smash them rocks good made him smile, and I find that this game is a literal loving mandelbrot pattern of pleasure. Every new learned thing makes me smile. Every new procedure toward doing something makes me smile. The ‘game’ in this game is completely uncontrived, the game tries to get out of your way and leaves this thing which is more like an ecosystem. An ecosystem of grief and loss, or of fortune and gain like the real world we all inhabit.

I almost killed someone with my stealth bomber today and my heart raced. It was a probe who was way too savvy and warp stabbed to hell. If it hadn’t been it would have been my first solo kill It was the first time I tracked someone down with D-scan.

In general though, I’m raking in the ISK, have bought 3 skill injectors since moving to Wspace, and I’m getting obsessed enough that my thoughts turn to dual boxing for a dedicated indy character.

I’m sorry hole squad that I can’t deliver a citadel to you, but when I’m feeling more confident, one night I’m going to fly my ships out of this system and appear rain soaked on your doorstep.

You should have let us rob him.

Edit:

In honour of page 212, a reminder that Garr Khan did nothing wrong.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

:pusheen:

Yeah, you should have robbed those people blind, Stinky.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

You should have let us rob him.

Edit:

Also, someone finally killed FUMED's tower :rip:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53503345/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2w_EHt3ug

A memorial to what once was

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

:pusheen:

Yeah, you should have robbed those people blind, Stinky.

He's in a better position now to do so later on.

• Locked thread