Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
had a good game in the leopard 1 after not playing it for a long time http://imgur.com/si4aizQ noreplay4u might have hax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

McGavin posted:

I got 100 gold for doing absolutely nothing. :toot:

I didn't get any announcement of a reward or anything. I'd like to know what or if I got anything.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Turmoilx posted:

had a good game in the leopard 1 after not playing it for a long time http://imgur.com/si4aizQ noreplay4u might have hax

Nice one!

The times when I've had amazing games I tend to click the battle button again and then a couple matches later go ahhh poo poo I should have saved the replay!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

go speak chinese to hell!!!!

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
From last weekends tournament. We took 2nd place. Here are the shenanigans that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N63PcHPIKU

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Ramsus posted:

Nice one!

The times when I've had amazing games I tend to click the battle button again and then a couple matches later go ahhh poo poo I should have saved the replay!

Why not just enable the option to save all replays? They're generally under a MB each.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
FCM 36

Queue:
AMX 38
Tetrarch in the USSR

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3

:britain:
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
IS-3
T-12 and T-24

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC NEW

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A NEW

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

M.C. McMic posted:

Why not just enable the option to save all replays? They're generally under a MB each.

don't come at me with reason and logic

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

A Handed Missus posted:

go speak chinese to hell!!!!

603 madafaka indeed. :stare:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2723925?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Anyways, here's a replay from the last patch (that still works in the current version) from our skirmishes a couple weeks ago. I had to carry the rest of my PANSYs to victory. :toot: It all worked out in the end, but I have to point out that I wasn't calling this battle and was trying to be a good soldier by following orders. That resulted in me doing a few things that I wouldn't have normally chosen to do. In particular I wanted to stay north of the tracks and shoot the baddies while they were distracted, because I would've had shots underneath the cars and they would've had a more difficult time hitting me.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Ah, that makes sense. I probably should have asked you how you were doing back there, I didn't realize you had shots. I also tend to forget how strong lights are in T6 games. I'm used to thinking of lights as something that gets destroyed instantly once real tanks see them.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I've had trouble getting into this game, quite a few times in fact. Played in the beta, played a little after release, played again a few months ago, and now I'm finding myself here again. Had a streak of wins, then an even longer streak of losses, then...

Jesus christ, I haven't had an adrenaline rush like that in a while. I had been getting increasingly salty from being unable to affect T5 matches with heavies in them, going down a flank and spotting and hiding when people show up, but then they just keep rolling up, killing the mediums that were behind me who miss every shot, then eventually they catch me and I die too.

I'm glad to finally have gotten a really, really good match. Now I know I'm capable of actually getting something done in this game. I suspect I'm not cut out for light tanks.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Before deciding if you're cut out for light tanks or not, you might want to note that tier 1-3 light tanks and tier 5+ light tanks are two completely different things. Tier 4 ones mostly go towards the same as tier 5+ but retain some properties of lowtier. They all have poo poo armor, but on higher tiers you'll get decent guns and higher speed, letting you actually harass nearly anything. I absolutely adore my Ru251, it's just so fun to drive. I usually can't affect a match with it quite as much as I can with sundry mediums and heavies, due to the fact that it IS paper and the gun doesn't quite hold up to all the tanks it sees, but despite that it's my favorite tank. Crazy, I know.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I probably should have asked you how you were doing back there, I didn't realize you had shots. I also tend to forget how strong lights are in T6 games. I'm used to thinking of lights as something that gets destroyed instantly once real tanks see them.

I did mention that I had wanted to stay there and take shots at the time, but it got lost in the chaos.

For tier 6 skirmishes, yeah, LTs are pretty popular. Generally we see either a team focused on those or on HTs.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

:toot:

:toot:

I foresee a lot of pref 8 games for panzer-funbux for in my near future.

Thanks for all the platoons today, several cool goons.

Edit: T7 Clown Car platoon ruled. :getin:

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 31, 2016

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Well, my winrate today was pretty mediocre, and I only survived like 1/5 of my games.

I'm sure these two things are entirely unrelated.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was helping my nephew work on his tanks that he just started playing. So we had like 40 battles or so today at tier 2-4. My winrate went down a bit.

Different game at those tiers.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ebolda :--DDDDDDDDDDDDD

I also finished a tier 9

:toot: :toot: :toot:

Getting the Obj. 140, though.

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 31, 2016

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I unlocked the T-44, but my God am I scared to buy it and play it stock

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

playing through the stock T-44 almost completely ruined the tank for me

Slava Makarov Q&A posted:

Q: Where were you and other people during the test two years ago, when it was still possible to fix something, not getting stalled on Rubikon?
A: I wasn’t allowed into tanks, sorry. They allowed me to get back to work in January.
The last two years the game was developed by people who have since left Wargaming, meaning there is no way to ask them.

also interesting:

quote:

Q: LT platoon may come out and say – tier 9 HT with tier 7 LT will receive a permanent penalty. That’s not fun for them.
A: This will get repaired only by changing LTs as a class and the emergence of usable tier 10 scouts. This is planned as part of the rebalance. We have very long discussions regarding this. There are problems with the balance of tier 10 LTs, but it can work in the role model.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

Well, my winrate today was pretty mediocre, and I only survived like 1/5 of my games.

I'm sure these two things are entirely unrelated.

To be fair, the day before our winrate was almost 80%, so :toot:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
A new official physics abuse video has arrived. Highlight includes a flipped over maus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3L-b7IoB68

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That IS-2 rolling over and stomping that LTTB was just art. drat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Yo Exia, we won 2400 gold and a Dicker Max. I'm swapping the DMax for the M4 Improved since I'm a collectaholic. If you've got a DMax you get 3200 gold in compensation, but if you want you could get a horrendous tier 5 premium tank instead by following these instructions.

also sorry for making you play with three really awful players. How did those fucks play so badly in tiers 7-9, while also not knowing how to play their tier 10s? Those 0 shots fired tier 9 matches.

e: Was anyone dumb enough to pay money for the M4 Improved? Does this thing get pref matchmaking? I'm almost certain it came out after they killed pref matchmaking on new premiums, and the wiki has literally no information on the English side, and nothing about the matchmaking unlike most other tanks. Tanks.gg says it sees 5-6, but it says that about the Ram II which has regular matchmaking so who the gently caress knows.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 1, 2016

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
FINALLY did LT-15 for the T-55A. Took "only" maybe two hundred light tank games to get it. I managed it on Serene Coast of all loving maps, really didn't see that coming. Here's a replay of me sitting in a bush for loving ever and racking up 7500 spotting damage. Nothing else of interest happens.

Hello there. :allears:

Shoutouts to Soulfucker, torb and some 2PAC regulars for trying and failing with me a lot of times. Too bad you weren't there. :(

The 13 90 is poo poo now and I hate it. I have 500 battles in the loving thing, and gently caress its garbage gun handling, slow acceleration and small hitpoint pool. It can't snipe and it can't snapshot, which means it's impossible to do damage in it because of how the maps are designed.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 1, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Honestly the Jpe100 nailing that T49 was the best for me.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I would consider grinding the tank missions if WG would take their loving heads out of their asses and make the missions PASSIVELY ACTIVE. It'd be really nice if you could just *play the game* in a specific tank and be able to look down and say "oh hey, I completed a mission." Sparing that, a mission queue - have 1-3 missions loaded so you can stack them.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

TheFluff posted:

The 13 90 is poo poo now and I hate it. I have 500 battles in the loving thing, and gently caress its garbage gun handling, slow acceleration and small hitpoint pool. It can't snipe and it can't snapshot, which means it's impossible to do damage in it because of how the maps are designed.

Did they nerf the 13 90 when I wasn't looking? I'm just about to unlock it....

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Blindeye posted:

No, but all the other T8 lights are pretty much just flat out better. The 1390 is potentially very good; it's got good camo, a ton of potential damage in its autoloader clip and decent pen. The problem is actually applying any of those strengths. It always had lovely gun handling, but the sigma changes and the map reworks have gradually made it really, really hard to actually get to shoot anything. The accuracy is so bad now that you actually kinda need to sit still and aim even at very short ranges, and that plus the fact that it takes for loving ever to empty your clip makes it really hard to fight close in. Most maps don't really permit sniping these days, so that's kinda out too. Most of the other high tier lights are pretty well suited to a high mobility snapshot playstyle which works well in the current meta but the 1390 is garbage at that. Also, the HP pool is so small you can easily get oneshot by Jagdzilla, and with the addition of the TVP 50/51 there's now a medium tank that can one-clip kill you in 3 seconds flat. T10 mediums were always kind of a hard counter to T8 lights, but this is ridiculous.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

They put in the RU251 and T-54 Light, which are both great, and the T49, which is very inconsistent, but does a better job active scouting than the 1390, and also if the 1390 ever gets shot by anything, it needs to worry about an enemy T49 just going for the full pen.

The WZ-132 is still a worse scout with a worse gun than the 13 90.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
fresh hot right out of battle get your daily dose of retard pubbie http://imgur.com/a/HWpWo this is the underground secret way how pubs make their credits oh he also said he only plays the type 59 to "punk gently caress heavy tank gold spammer noobs" was kinda funny..despite him being retarded and us losing but he made his money that battle right.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only thing that made the 13/75 and 13/90 originally good was they were the *first of their kind* and it was MAGICAL platooning with three of them and doing proper ~wulfpax~.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

fresh hot right out of battle get your daily dose of retard pubbie http://imgur.com/a/HWpWo this is the underground secret way how pubs make their credits oh he also said he only plays the type 59 to "punk gently caress heavy tank gold spammer noobs" was kinda funny..despite him being retarded and us losing but he made his money that battle right.

This is when you risk eating a chatban by announcing where your teammate is, and encouraging the enemy to hunt this coward down and shame them for trying to cap out. Force the camping wallet warrior to pay for repair costs!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Turmoilx posted:

Hey, O-Ho crew, let's assemble some day and run full O-Ho platoons, poo poo'd be fun.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only thing that made the 13/75 and 13/90 originally good was they were the *first of their kind* and it was MAGICAL platooning with three of them and doing proper ~wulfpax~.

The 13 75 never felt great, but man the 13 90 was amazing when it first came out. People didn't know what to do about autoloaders in general, but having a tank that could haul rear end and appear behind them and dump 1000 damage into them and then disappear was great.

But they were hurt by being shoved up a tier, and then the early physics system kinda hosed over a lot of light tanks. Also having an bad gun just because its an autoloader is pretty unacceptable with the M41 Bulldog/T71 in the game.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Was anyone dumb enough to pay money for the M4 Improved? Does this thing get pref matchmaking? I'm almost certain it came out after they killed pref matchmaking on new premiums, and the wiki has literally no information on the English side, and nothing about the matchmaking unlike most other tanks. Tanks.gg says it sees 5-6, but it says that about the Ram II which has regular matchmaking so who the gently caress knows.

Even I didn't bother with the M4i. No, it's not pref, and yes, it's got a lovely gun that should never see tier 6 let alone 7.

TheFluff posted:

TheFluff posted:

No, but all the other T8 lights are pretty much just flat out better. The 1390 is potentially very good; it's got good camo, a ton of potential damage in its autoloader clip and decent pen. The problem is actually applying any of those strengths. It always had lovely gun handling, but the sigma changes and the map reworks have gradually made it really, really hard to actually get to shoot anything. The accuracy is so bad now that you actually kinda need to sit still and aim even at very short ranges, and that plus the fact that it takes for loving ever to empty your clip makes it really hard to fight close in. Most maps don't really permit sniping these days, so that's kinda out too. Most of the other high tier lights are pretty well suited to a high mobility snapshot playstyle which works well in the current meta but the 1390 is garbage at that. Also, the HP pool is so small you can easily get oneshot by Jagdzilla, and with the addition of the TVP 50/51 there's now a medium tank that can one-clip kill you in 3 seconds flat. T10 mediums were always kind of a hard counter to T8 lights, but this is ridiculous.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I mean it's playable, but I'm a little annoyed that I have to play through it again to get to the AMX30. The mobility is good* but the gun handling ruins it for me. I really should just free XP through it and sell it, but I'm managing one daily at a time.

*As far as the mobility is concerned, this is I believe the only tank that I've been able to pull a 180° handbrake turn in. :3:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

They put in the RU251 and T-54 Light, which are both great, and the T49, which is very inconsistent, but does a better job active scouting than the 1390, and also if the 1390 ever gets shot by anything, it needs to worry about an enemy T49 just going for the full pen.

The WZ-132 is still a worse scout with a worse gun than the 13 90.

The 132 is such a tragic story. It got a lot of love when it was new because the maps still favoured the spotting and camo game while having a gun that was a sane non-autoloader alternative to the 13 90.

The 132 didn't change but they put in two tanks that were just better in every way. The 13 90 at least still has its autoloader.

Meanwhile, at t7, the 131 went from being arguably the best of the t7 lights to, like everything else, being far worse than the M41. At least nothing else is as bad as the 13 75 still is, not even the sp 1c or the awful panther.

:rip: Chinese lights, you had your fun.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I think the funniest thing about the WZ-132 is that when they put the RU 251 and T54 Light into the game, both of them were miles better than the WZ-132 - better mobility, better gun, better survivability (the 251 doesn't have as many module problems, the T54 Light bounces shots if I'm not driving it). They then buffed the.....T54 Light.

Wargaming's balance department have some messed up priorities.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Goddammit the arty followed me into the anime.

Legitimately triggered.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 1, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

Goddammit the arty followed me into the anime.

Legitimately triggered.

Don't worry, that's just World of TDs. They're also self propelled guns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

TheFluff posted:

FINALLY did LT-15 for the T-55A. Took "only" maybe two hundred light tank games to get it. I managed it on Serene Coast of all loving maps, really didn't see that coming. Here's a replay of me sitting in a bush for loving ever and racking up 7500 spotting damage. Nothing else of interest happens.

Hello there. :allears:

Shoutouts to Soulfucker, torb and some 2PAC regulars for trying and failing with me a lot of times. Too bad you weren't there. :(

Hahaha, "04:16". I see you kept going :D