Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like the Sleep or Save mod. It gives you a craftable option called Save-O that you can use and then it'll autosave when you leave the pip-boy, but mostly I like it because it gives an option to just save without having to sleep for an hour or exit my power armor

I always keep 1 Save-O on me as a ghetto Save+Exit option Bethesda should've included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Shipbreaker bug: I have the quest, know where the radio signal is, and have tracked it to 99% but it's in the water off the coast and nothing happens. Is this just screwed for me?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

sector_corrector posted:

Am I totally missing something, or is 50 bucks for the season pass a terrible deal? Everything so far is worth ~45 dollars. What else does Bethesda have planned for the game? If it's another full length pack, then I'll do the pass, but if it's just mod compatibility down the line, then...

At least one more DLC like Far Harbor Nuka World! and two more Wasteland Workshops.
Far Harbor is pretty good on PC and the other two DLCs are great for building poo poo. I'd say it's well worth $50.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Springfield Fatts posted:

Shipbreaker bug: I have the quest, know where the radio signal is, and have tracked it to 99% but it's in the water off the coast and nothing happens. Is this just screwed for me?

It's a known bug. You can open the console and disable/enable Ship breaker and it should reactivate.

I don't get the option because I got the [Ship breaker has moved on] message and it won't come around again. OHWELL

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inzombiac posted:

At least one more DLC like Far Harbor Nuka World! and two more Wasteland Workshops.
Far Harbor is pretty good on PC and the other two DLCs are great for building poo poo. I'd say it's well worth $50.

I'm on PS4, but I think I'll still get it. Probably should've bit the bullet right at release, but oh well.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

It's a known bug. You can open the console and disable/enable Ship breaker and it should reactivate.

I don't get the option because I got the [Ship breaker has moved on] message and it won't come around again. OHWELL

I'm on PS4, so it sounds like I'm screwed. Ah well, at least it wasn't a major issue.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm skeptical of all the DLC so far but if Far Harbor manages to resolve those frame rate issues and Nuka World doesn't turn out to be as cringeworthy and embarrassing as it sounds based on the name alone then the season pass might end up worth it.

Edit: my wife went and bought Fallout 4 mere days after the season pass price went up and I'm kicking myself

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anyone remember what the timeline was for DLC sales on Skyrim? I feel like at least a full year after the last ex-pack was released.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The Dragonborn DLC was the last one for that game I think, and it came out 13 months after the main game.

Edit: Oh I'm dumb you mean when they went on sale. Well the Legendary Edition came out in mid 2013 so probably not at least until then

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Epic High Five posted:

I like the Sleep or Save mod. It gives you a craftable option called Save-O that you can use and then it'll autosave when you leave the pip-boy, but mostly I like it because it gives an option to just save without having to sleep for an hour or exit my power armor

I always keep 1 Save-O on me as a ghetto Save+Exit option Bethesda should've included

:same:

Also I got a mod to enable the console as tcl is way too useful for building, and if I need to I can just type 'autosave' in there.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sector_corrector posted:

I'm on PS4, but I think I'll still get it. Probably should've bit the bullet right at release, but oh well.

yeah they gave a month heads up where you could still buy it for 39.99 before the price went up to account for additional dlc plans, but i was broke at the time.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hahahaha, the flechette modification for the harpoon gun causes multiple harpoons to appear in an enemy's body. It generates its own ammo now!

I'd love it more if it reloaded faster... tempted to grind up more Agility just to get the Quick Hands perk because drat it's slow.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Davoren posted:

:same:

Also I got a mod to enable the console as tcl is way too useful for building, and if I need to I can just type 'autosave' in there.

Ya I try to keep it kosher but I use the console mod too because I'm not about to get hung up with lolfallout moments. If I couldn't trust myself I probably wouldn't though, but cheating has always seemed pointless to me in these games

I also use Immersive Fast Travel which I was worried about at first, but now that I'm expanding my settlement network I'm more or less sucking dick for gas or taking Vertibirds, and that's with Red Rocket literally just being a provisioner farm at this point

v v v oh ya Spring Cleaning is vital v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 31, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

With Spring Cleaning, I can finally feel invested in Sanctuary because all the blown out building and lovely weeds are gone.
Building limits are gone and I may uncap the settler limit (or just up to 50) because I may not make any other settlement with how this game is going.

Mama Murphy has her tower to survey the land and all is well.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I guess I am trying too hard of stuff for level 20. The BOS main quest line to clear out the satellite towers. Jesus, mutants don't gently caress around. Getting my rear end handed to me with a pistol build.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

vandalism posted:

I guess I am trying too hard of stuff for level 20. The BOS main quest line to clear out the satellite towers. Jesus, mutants don't gently caress around. Getting my rear end handed to me with a pistol build.

I'm doing 50/50 Pistols/Rifles for that reason.

The early game is more fun than I'd remembered, even with all of the typical terrible Bethesda sheen.

When did everyone hit the DLCs? I'm going to try Automatron at 20.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

sector_corrector posted:

I'm doing 50/50 Pistols/Rifles for that reason.

The early game is more fun than I'd remembered, even with all of the typical terrible Bethesda sheen.

When did everyone hit the DLCs? I'm going to try Automatron at 20.

I think you need to be a higher level before you can do Automatron, IIRC. It's level locked.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

I think you need to be a higher level before you can do Automatron, IIRC. It's level locked.

Hmm, I see... I guess I'll have to pick a faction to get quest XP, then. That does give me a little more room for my build, though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Covok posted:

It's level locked to 15 IIRC, though on survival I recommend really putting it off a bit because those robots (and especially the final battle) can be loving ridiculous

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rifleman perks boost shotguns as well, yes?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inzombiac posted:

Rifleman perks boost shotguns as well, yes?

Yep, as long as it doesn't have an automatic receiver. If you put a scope on it you can get Sniper's knock-down perks too. It's a good way to completely break the game, especially with one of the unique combat shotguns.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sweet. I think I'm going to change up from pistols to shotguns once I can get a suppressor for combat shotguns.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

sector_corrector posted:

Yep, as long as it doesn't have an automatic receiver. If you put a scope on it you can get Sniper's knock-down perks too. It's a good way to completely break the game, especially with one of the unique combat shotguns.

Woah, a sighted shotgun is both a rifle and a sniper? Daym!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used the Combat Shotgun you get on the flotilla town place modded out with top damage mods, and essentially nothing was a challenge any more. The first volley of shots would usually proc the ragdoll effect, and then I'd just load a full clip into their head in VATS. Even the high-end Deathclaw uniques were powerless to it. I'd almost recommend against it, actually.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Survival was ok. Gave up because i can use a ml od for the enemy damage and chugging water constantly got boring.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sylink posted:

Survival was ok. Gave up because i can use a ml od for the enemy damage and chugging water constantly got boring.

Speaking of which, is it just me or does FO: NV and FO4 make you drink and eat at rather quick rates to avoid negative penalties? Like, it feels like you can't go a few hours without drinking before it fucks with your ability to think. I get it's a game, but I'm just saying.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry for the dumb question, but what was the code to summon one of those 100 power fuse boxes again? Muggins here accidentally deleted the file (sleep is essential, girls and boys!) and I can't remember the object id.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CommissarMega posted:

Sorry for the dumb question, but what was the code to summon one of those 100 power fuse boxes again? Muggins here accidentally deleted the file (sleep is essential, girls and boys!) and I can't remember the object id.

Isn't there a 100 power generator now anyway?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Volkerball posted:

yeah they gave a month heads up where you could still buy it for 39.99 before the price went up to account for additional dlc plans, but i was broke at the time.

It was actually $30 before the hike (in the USA, anyway).

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't suppose there's any way to download a PC save file and play it on PS4? :smith:
Not having slider numbers makes recreating all these cool faces I see very difficult.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Does anyone know if the guy who is supposed to sell vertibird grenades only does so if you're out of grenades? I finally slogged through joining the BoS (in a mind-blowing moment, I realized the guy who greets you when you first land is the guy who played Tuvok in Voyager, while Voyager was simultaneously playing on my monitor) and played long enough to get vertibird access, but he has no grenades for sale. I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if I joined that fascist group for nothing :mad:

Also, is there anything to all the random named BoS or are they just infinite radiant quest fodder?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have just got "Lorenzo's Artifact gun"

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lorenzo's_Artifact_gun

Can some one explain simply what I should use it for or do to it?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wolfsheim posted:

Does anyone know if the guy who is supposed to sell vertibird grenades only does so if you're out of grenades? I finally slogged through joining the BoS (in a mind-blowing moment, I realized the guy who greets you when you first land is the guy who played Tuvok in Voyager, while Voyager was simultaneously playing on my monitor) and played long enough to get vertibird access, but he has no grenades for sale. I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if I joined that fascist group for nothing :mad:

Also, is there anything to all the random named BoS or are they just infinite radiant quest fodder?

Nah, he's always got them in stock. What might be happening is that vendors only refresh their inventory once every 2 days. So he might be going off of an inventory from prior to you getting vertibird access. Once he refreshes, he'll have some. That would be my guess. Teagan is really reliable with those things though, don't worry. Every time I go up to the Prydwen, he's got 6-10 of them available, and they cost pennies.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Covok posted:

Speaking of which, is it just me or does FO: NV and FO4 make you drink and eat at rather quick rates to avoid negative penalties? Like, it feels like you can't go a few hours without drinking before it fucks with your ability to think. I get it's a game, but I'm just saying.

It seems really short, like I'm dying of thirst every 5 minutes.

Its doesn't add much other than make number go up/down, to my experience.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Volkerball posted:

Nah, he's always got them in stock. What might be happening is that vendors only refresh their inventory once every 2 days. So he might be going off of an inventory from prior to you getting vertibird access. Once he refreshes, he'll have some. That would be my guess. Teagan is really reliable with those things though, don't worry. Every time I go up to the Prydwen, he's got 6-10 of them available, and they cost pennies.

Yeah, ther than literally sprinting to him from maxsom the moment you get access to grenades he's always had them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Jippa posted:

I have just got "Lorenzo's Artifact gun"

Can some one explain simply what I should use it for or do to it?

It's largely a comedy weapon. Does ridiculous knockback but little damage. You can fit it out like a gamma gun otherwise, and even take out the artifact and plug it into a legendary gamma gun chassis for that bonus effect.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Azhais posted:

Yeah, ther than literally sprinting to him from maxsom the moment you get access to grenades he's always had them.

This apparently is what happened, heh. He did have some a few in-game days later when I finally returned to the Prydwen, though even sleeping and reloading my save didn't work when I first tried it. Good to know, I was not planning on being liberal with those things at all. I wish I could land directly in Diamond City instead of hoofing it from Hardware Town, though.

My new predicament is whether or not I should eventually betray them for the Railroad. Because on the one hand, Deacon is probably the most likable companion. On the other, I knew there were children on board, but I didn't notice until yesterday that there's also cats on the Prydwen :ohdear:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I had that moral quandary too and the cats are what made me decide that shooting down a blimp carrying children was okay

Also Deacon is the man but the best companion is Codsworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Obviously you'll need to write a catnapping mod first

• Locked thread