Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Section Z posted:

You mean when you pull out a riptire, only manage to kill an unaware Reinhardt showing up right in front of you looking for health, get shot execution style by lucio... But your corpse kills three more people in the process?

:eng99:

Honestly I wanted my more embarrassing death to be Potg from the enemy. I mined Reinhardt into the air but was too close so I went up to... And he proceeded to aircombo me to death with his hammer :downs:

did he then die to ur death grenades because that exact thing happened to me as Reinhardt earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I got the Hanzo "Superior" PotG screen thing, then bought the Lone Hunter skin. The next game I very specifically let my team get poo poo on in the really closed alleyway in King's Row so I could get a 4-man ult so everyone had to see my cool new skin/victory screen combo. It was worth it.

A betrayal expected of a Hanzo.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

When does the week change for Overwatch? I'm at work but just wondering what the next brawl is :ohdear:

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Bolivar posted:

When does the week change for Overwatch? I'm at work but just wondering what the next brawl is :ohdear:

My guess would be either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I really hope it's random heroes, I need to figure out genji pretty bad.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Stumbled upon a pretty great two-man combo that pubbies seem completely unable to deal with. Me and a friend rolled Reinhardt and Zarya, respectively, and just went all out offense. Reinhardt enters fray, Zarya shields, jumps out with her weapon charged, shields herself when appropriate. We won five out of six games while running that combo, and while we didn't break any records, we were both managing eliminations in the mid-twenties and low single-digit deaths. We also got PotG two times each during those six rounds.

We had one particularly awesome play: Zarya dropped her ult in right in a cluster of enemies, trapping all five of them, then started lobbing grenades at them. I then charged straight through, earning both of us a quad-kill, before smashing their Mercy's face in. This allowed us to take the point. Play of the Game? A Windowlicker sniping a couple of dudes from some perch, not really accomplishing anything.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I swear PotG just looks an see if someone activated their ult, regardless of the effect. I activated High Noon on some perch, had a 76 bear down on me so I activated it early, got one kill and then ran away while a tracer finished off someone else and I got PotG for it.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Picard Day posted:

My guess would be either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I really hope it's random heroes, I need to figure out genji pretty bad.

Same, I really hope that Blizzard understands that week 2 is a great time to teach people to learn to play new heroes instead of sitting on the roof playing Hanzo all day.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Essobie posted:

I think Blizzard should take a page from the Rocket League book in regards to POTG. All players can click to skip it. If every player on the server gives zero shits about what the POTG is it gets skipped. There's so much down time between matches that any effort that might trim that time down a bit would really be appreciated. Of course, just like Rocket League, some rear end is going to force us to sit through the whole thing (especially if they are featured) but at least there's a CHANCE we can get that 20 seconds of our lives back.

That or chop down the pre-time. I'm very tired of the "click matchmake and wait through five minutes of separate pre-match timers" trend.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I played Genji for the first time today. He seems really cool, reminds me a lot of Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

I wrecked the same Bastion 3 or 4 times just by looking at him and reflecting. :allears: You think he'd learn after the first couple times, but no. It's great, Bastion just melts when you give him a taste of his own lead medicine.

Also Junkrat is fun and good, but I wish he had better skins.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
It's pretty funny when you are a Pharah against a Bastion and peek fire rockets that are guaranteed to be direct hits across the map until he dies. They are so slow and you need a few of them, but he will refuse to move.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Lol just played my first 2 games of hanzo: 2 POTG

wtf this character is so easy I don't even have to aim properly or anything haha

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Solumin posted:

Yeah a week ago I was certain that I would spend funbux to get one of those Joker skins but for now I'll do just fine with that epic Jailbird one that I happened to get. Maybe later once they add something new.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Plan Z posted:

That or chop down the pre-time. I'm very tired of the "click matchmake and wait through five minutes of separate pre-match timers" trend.

They're almost certainly deliberately designed to give enough time for people to decide if they want to leave instead of taking the leavers penalty and loving up a game in progress and then be replaced from the matchmaking queue with someone reasonably appropriate, which are all things that are vital and need to be allowed some time to happen.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I had 0 interest in Torbjorn. Then I bought some crates and got his biker skin and molten lead-chugging highlight intro. He's never gonna be my favorite but I had a nice enough time. I like defending Anubis 1 from that ledge you can angle your m1 shot to hit targets concealed down the left slope because of the shot's natural falling arc.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Personally I would actually prefer a longer downtime between games when it's pre-made vs. pre-made. Cool off a bit after a hectic game, not having to use a piss bottle etc. :gary:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Sorry DVa squad, guess I got disconnected there.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Sorry DVa squad, guess I got disconnected there.

Cool game to join as random replacement. "So let's see what heroes are in my team, hopefully not a double Hanzo/Widow..."

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
widowmaker is the only hero in this game i flat out hate. Would rather lose to 6 genjis 3 times in a row than suffer another decent widowmaker

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I had 0 interest in Torbjorn. Then I bought some crates and got his biker skin and molten lead-chugging highlight intro. He's never gonna be my favorite but I had a nice enough time. I like defending Anubis 1 from that ledge you can angle your m1 shot to hit targets concealed down the left slope because of the shot's natural falling arc.

Torbjorn is a good fighter at all ranges and can armor buff himself and his entire team constantly as long as he's getting stuck in and collecting scrap.

The turret exists but you're not the TF2 engineer. Just drop the turret near the objective and then go fight dudes.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Best potg I've seen was a tolb staring at his sentry as it mowed down a few fools.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

DemeaninDemon posted:

Best potg I've seen was a tolb staring at his sentry as it mowed down a few fools.

Sometimes I get a bit carried away and hammer my turret even when it's at full HP. "There you go my boy, just keep slaughtering them"...

But really, I'm starting to really like his gun in fights that are like 4 vs. 4 on a point. Usually the opponents totally ignore the dorf.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

widowmaker is the only hero in this game i flat out hate. Would rather lose to 6 genjis 3 times in a row than suffer another decent widowmaker

McCree's pretty terrible too, mostly because 9/10 times a pubbie McCree killed you it was because he pressed e and right clicked. You could argue that Mei is similar but she can't get up on you and your healer together and instantly melt the healer before either of you can even move. Thankfully these same McCrees are loving useless when they can't force you to stand still while they right click at you. Every time I catch them with it on cooldown they can't hit me for poo poo. Problem is McCree is a counter to Tracer, who needs something to stop her just getting away too easily. But that thing shouldn't also be the counter to every other character in the game once he gets within flashbang range.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Team can't seem to do poo poo no matter how many we kill, they always just get wrecked.

"Leaving to find a more balanced match"

Oh.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Solumin posted:

I played Genji for the first time today. He seems really cool, reminds me a lot of Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

I wrecked the same Bastion 3 or 4 times just by looking at him and reflecting. :allears: You think he'd learn after the first couple times, but no. It's great, Bastion just melts when you give him a taste of his own lead medicine.

I've actually been getting pretty decent at genji. I find you have to know the maps fairly well to know where you can climb and double jump to sneak around. Also one burst of LMB plus dash is enough to kill a widow maker and I will always aim for them first.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Whenever you finish a match it should pop up a random map of each type and let everyone in the game vote for next map

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chumbler posted:

A betrayal expected of a Hanzo.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just had an enemy torb tonight on anub a def where he molten cores and then knowingly just spun in a circle staring at the sky the entire potg

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I finally was given a PotG as D.Va that didn't involve her ult. :toot:

I've never even seen a PotG of lucio.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Bolivar posted:

But really, I'm starting to really like his gun in fights that are like 4 vs. 4 on a point. Usually the opponents totally ignore the dorf.

Its really fun watching the body language of attacking Reinhardts change as your alt fire bursts down their shield and they realize "oh poo poo, Torb does THAT much damage?!? what the gently caress..."

I actually, earnestly agree with this. Genji's primary is still pretty okay against bastion but its so funny just not firing when you hear the SHWINNNG of his block ability as he crabwalks back and forth in front of you like an expectant puppy waiting for you to kill yourself

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Sanctum posted:

I've seen goon teammates get it occasionally on koth maps for boops. Never seen a zarya one myself

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Sanctum posted:

I got one earlier by booping a Roadhog and a McCree off the Sanctum KOTH point and then ulting. It was pretty sweet. Although what should have been the PotG was me getting knocked off myself by a Pharah and then wallrunning the entire way around the pit and getting back up and out. Lucio is the best :allears:

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
Just had a game where I got POTG with Zenyatta. Mostly because the best Reinhardt player I have seen kept his shield up or charging while the orb healed him, and he kept me shielded for max discourse/orb destruction. Need more of that pairing again I think.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImPureAwesome posted:

I've seen goon teammates get it occasionally on koth maps for boops. Never seen a zarya one myself

Yeah I've totally gotten a couple Lucio potgs by quietly booping a couple people off the point and into a pit

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6LKGoxqB8

Yeah I remember knocking 3 dudes off as lucio but the PotG seems to have an insatiable love of boring us all. Once I saw a reaper PotG that didn't involve his ult that was actually impressive.

Also, I lost a series of games in a row and I think I got demoted to being matched with bad players for a while. I think earning gold medals might be what the matchmaking uses to determine who to push towards playing with more organized players.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Holy poo poo I had no idea you could push people with DVA

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sanctum posted:

I've seen it once! For me, even. But just for the ult.

I get the feeling his normal healing is too... low key over time for whatever scripts are used for the PotG to choose it over anything else exciting, so the only way you'd so a non-ult Lucio PotG is if you're infinitely better than me and can get like three headshot kills in as many seconds or something. :shrug:

Away all Goats posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea you could push people with DVA
Yeah, it's not as lethal as Reinhart's charge but a lot safer since you can use her shield while doing it.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

ImPureAwesome posted:

I've gotten several myself as zaraya, mostly because her ultimate is really potg-friendly if you snag three or more in it.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Pubs. Pubs never change. Why am I the only one on the cart as Mercy. Whyyyyyyyyy :negative:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Kooriken posted:

Pubs. Pubs never change. Why am I the only one on the cart as Mercy. Whyyyyyyyyy :negative:

The reaper is probably yelling at you to heal him at the other side of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

yeah, genji isn't actually a great bastion counter if bastion isn't retarded