Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I vote single. Everyone's had a chance to show their stuff over 16 matches (barring the upcoming last two). Now it's the time to pick an overall winner based on being consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I'd be okay with giving five days to a week before starting the playoffs.

Also, I'd like to hold a vote:

:siren: SHOULD THE PLAYOFFS BE SINGLE ELIMINATION OR DOUBLE ELIMINATION? :siren:

Single elimination would require eight matches (four quarterfinals, two semifinals, one final, one 3rd place match).

Double elimination would require 15 or 16 matches if I recall correctly.

I ask this because I kind of feel like a season this long deserves a longer than one-and-done postseason, and I haven't set up the site for other options (such as best 2 of 3) yet.

I'm in favor of double. This most certainly has nothing to do with our team being the lower seed going into the first round.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Have mercy on the commissioners. Single.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I vote single. Nfl style. Bring your best or go home.

Plus what My Dad said.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Bring your best or go home.

In my experience, these options are not mutually exclusive.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Single - time to ruin some Cinderella seasons

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I too will cast my vote for single. That way our team only needs to get lucky like two or three time to win it all! It just seems logical. Also I won't even acknowledge that last match. Clearly we were cheated. :colbert:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

ZeeToo posted:

--Abominable kidney-punches her, and even through chitin and copper, she feels it. And it's the last sensation she feels before she falls. Called it. :cool:
Vengeance is mine. I am satisfied.

Double would be too many points, Single is fine.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Singleeees

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Pickled Tink posted:

Vengeance is mine. I am satisfied.

Double would be too many points, Single is fine.

Double elimination gives the same number of points as single elimination, except for one extra round at the very end.

The losers' bracket only gets points every other round, otherwise the fact that their bracket gets more matches than the winner's bracket would give the losers' bracket an advantage, which just wouldn't make sense at all.

That said, Single is leading 8-2. I guess everyone's ready for a champion to be crowned? Voting is still open though, and you can change your vote if you want.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 31, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Whatever else you do, include a couple grand rumbles

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
I'm going to vote for single elimination. To be honest, I think this tournament dragged on a bit too long, and it's way more thrilling reading your team's fight write-ups when the question at the end is "Were you eliminated, yes/no?"

Also, it's a lot more fun to spend a meaningful pile of points in one go on your fighter than to spread them out over multiple matches.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Astus posted:

I'm going to vote for single elimination. To be honest, I think this tournament dragged on a bit too long, and it's way more thrilling reading your team's fight write-ups when the question at the end is "Were you eliminated, yes/no?"

Also, it's a lot more fun to spend a meaningful pile of points in one go on your fighter than to spread them out over multiple matches.

I did like the season setup though. It let even bad teams get to muck around a bit.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Do we still get the drip feed points at the end of this round, seeing as we also get the points for reaching the elimination?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
A losers bracket with a points reset would be fun. A free for all even. Four teams at once. Something fast.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Mr. Vile posted:

Do we still get the drip feed points at the end of this round, seeing as we also get the points for reaching the elimination?

Yes, you do.

At least I think so.

I'll have to go look at some old code I wrote 5 years ago to be sure, but I'm at least 75% sure that you do. I'll go check.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Maarak posted:

A losers bracket with a points reset would be fun. A free for all even. Four teams at once. Something fast.
A points reset would defeat the point of a losers bracket, since they would no longer be the same ones that went through the tournament to earn a place in the finals.

Also, four teams at once would be a loving mess on the commissioner end, keeping track of and writing everything up, and not fast at all. I would flat out refuse to run anything like that except as a once off special edition fight with a gimmick I'd found amusing at the time.

Also, Jazzimus, check your PM's

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Throw them all into a free for all! :black101:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
single elimination

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
We're heading for the final, Champions' League stylee. Death or glory now. Single.

Also: If Go Big win, they would have lost to the worst and beaten the best in consecutive matches.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Single elimination leads 11-2. I'll leave voting open for the time being, but if either side gets a ten point lead, that side wins. Failing that, whichever side is ahead on June 3rd Midnight GMT wins.

Also, I'm voting for double elimination myself, which I guess makes it 11-3 now. I don't usually count my own votes, but I have some free time coming up soon to run a few playoff fights, just in case that makes a difference which it won't

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
double because im a contrarian

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Single elimination, maybe with some 4-team melees for the eliminated teams.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Single for the same reason as my dad.

Also I'd like to see the loosing teams fight themselves (that is each man for themselves, 4 way royal rumble) so they can see who to blame their pitiful failure on. Which I understand goes against what I just said above, I'm a man of contradictions.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 31, 2016

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
single because playoffs should have tension.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd say single. I'm already working on Urist's successor and assume we'll start a new season as soon as this sham of a playoff is over!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dirty Frank posted:

Also I'd like to see the loosing teams fight themselves (that is each man for themselves, 4 way royal rumble) so they can see who to blame their pitiful failure on. Which I understand goes against what I just said above, I'm a man of contradictions.
I have way better ideas for what to do in the losers bracket. heh heh heh...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Single

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So I'll just blow through these fights, we'll get points and have all week to get drunk and forget to reset our skills after we sell everything and go archer to gently caress with our teammates.

Right? No objections? Tinkled didn't run any others?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Voting double elimination. Means someone gets a chance to stage an epic comeback.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

So I'll just blow through these fights, we'll get points and have all week to get drunk and forget to reset our skills after we sell everything and go archer to gently caress with our teammates.

Right? No objections? Tinkled didn't run any others?
I would have noted it if I had. I learned my lesson from last time.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 18, Fight 8 :siren:

Lightly Whipped (1-16), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (jon joe) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper flail and a wooden buckler and wears a copper mail shirt.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields a silver whip and wears an iron helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a copper whip and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, a copper mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Cool Rad Awesome Pals (5-12), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Punc Hant (Silverminnow) is a female soldier ant woman. She is empty handed and wears no armor.
BS-45 "Apeliminator" (alcharagia) is a male strangler. He wields a copper pick and wears an iron cap.
Jimbo Akimbo (Bad Munki) is a male dwarf. He wields two copper war hammers and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
The Krying Bowbold Returns! (Krysmphoenix) is a female kobold. She wields a steel bow and wears no armor.

Cool Rad Awesome Pals is a 2.83 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 9851.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3486.00 dwarfbucks for Lightly Whipped.

I forgot we had an archer in this fight. On the left is the home team, Lightly Whipped. On the right is Jimbo Akimbo, beautifully attired in iron mail. Look at the way it hugs his curves... mmmmm.

Doesn't matter. Complete miss, no need to dodge.

Jimbo begins swaying across the arena. His thighs rubbing chain mail together, the snick snick snick audible across the arena which drives the ladies wild.

Punc Hant takes the lead, diving leg-first into the path of Ghost-Trees and his flail. Punc Hant falls down.

Jimbo's sultry laughter echos across the arena as he easily evades Trump's clumsy blow. The chain mail settles back down around his thighs, the glimpse of his backside enough to make the audience wet with anticipation.

Another arrow sails into the arena while Jimbo's enormous biceps flex and send his maces into Trumps chest, cracking ribs and bruising lungs. Panties hit the floor, sopping wet.

Grimmik pulps another of Punc Hant's limbs while Trump smashes out Jimbos front teeth.

Those wet panties are thrown at Trump, tangling his weapon hand. This enables Jimbo to scratch the minotaurs ear, and Trump gives in to pain.

Ghost-Trees is biting Apeliminator's leg, and the strangler falls to the floor. Grimmik shatters another limb of the antwoman and Punc Hant passes out.

Jimbo blows a kiss to a lucky lady in the stands, then crushes Trumps skull. The ladies love the gore-covered look, and the backup panties are immediately soaked and discarded.

Jimbo is busy flexing for the crowd while Grimmik finishes off Punc Hant.

Apeliminator is doing his best to distract Ghost-Trees. That basically entails "get whipped left and right in the molemans mouth, enjoy your torn up leg muscles."

Jimbo spits on his hand and gets a fresh grip on his maces. Ladies swoon. Jupis and Grimmik both move south to double team Jimbo. I know a few ladies in the crowd today that would like to do the same thing!

The arrow does nothing. not mentioned anywhere in the logs.

Whats this? Up north Apeliminator is mounting an offense! Ghost-Trees arm is nearly severed from his body, and then his other hand is sent flying through the air!

Down south Jimbo is pressing Grimmik backwards when Jupis attacks from the side. Jimbos forearm is fractured, but he doesn't bat an eye. Grimmik's foot is pulped. Jimbo presses the attack, but Jupis lands a devastating whip which fractures Jimbo's thigh. Jimbo isn't worried, his massive dong acts as a leg and he refuses to fall to the ground. Chastity belts are being clawed at in the stands.

Another arrow flies and ends up in a pile of blood. It didn't do anything.

Apeliminator stuffs a hand in Ghost-Trees mouth which is promptly bitten off completely. That bought some time though, and the strangler bruises Ghost-Trees lungs and heart.

Jimbo crushes Grimmiks hand and the little gremlin rolls away desperately.

An arrow flies from Bowbold and strikes Jupis in the arm. Bone shatters, and the pain drives Jupis into oblivion. Jimbo smiles at Bowbold, and the raw sex appeal transcends race. I can tell because Bowbold is dry humping the air right now and she has a "moist" tag. Gross.

Up north Apeliminator grounds Ghost-Trees with a chopped up foot, then chops the other one for good measure. A moment later he's shaken for the tenth time and the pain is too much for the strangler. Apeliminator actually gave as good as he got there. Well done little buddy.

Apeliminator bleeds from the lost limbs, but you can see the damage he did to Ghost-Trees.

Another shattered limb and Grimmik passes out. Jimbo adjusts his third leg for better balance. He's just showing off now.

WHAT THE gently caress JUST HAPPENED?

Bowbold with a headshot! I guess being turned on by your teammate really helps!

Grimmiks skull is pulped immediately after.

Ghost-Trees is in the north, barely able to move since he has only one limb that still works.

Jimbo is still disturbingly walking to the north using his rod as a crutch.

Bowbold enjoyed the smile Jimbo threw her way, so her next shot blows up the only remaining limb the moleman had left.

Jimbo gets close to the moleman and a chorus of "Don't let him bite your dick! I called dibs!" echos from the stands.

It's a lot of work, but Jimbo manages to crush the skull of the nearly-comatose Ghost-Trees. And he did it without his dick being bitten off. A few ladies in the stands are going to be pretty thankful about that.

Me? I'm just disgusted that I even wrote this.

Cool Rad Awesome Pals wins with a 4-2 victory thanks to the dreamy Jimbo Akimbo. :swoon:

Kills:
Jimbo Akimbo: 3
Bowbold: 1

Grimmik: 1
Ghost-Trees: 1

Combat Log

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hahahahaha wtf dude

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Even Trump's Viscous Discharge could not taint the flow of juices.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I feel soiled now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

I feel soiled now.

Change your panties.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
This... was a thing... I guess...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's better written than 50 shades of grey.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

fallingdownjoe posted:

I feel solid now.

:pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font