Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, I used him for so long in my basic team because his SA even at 1 was 60k damage :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The PHY banner is finally here and I managed to snag Mystic Gohan Paragus, Paragus, Paragus, Super Trunks, Paragus, Zarbon, Spirit Bomb Goku, Paragus.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Squallege posted:

The PHY banner is finally here and I managed to snag Mystic Gohan Paragus, Paragus, Paragus, Super Trunks, Paragus, Zarbon, Spirit Bomb Goku, Paragus.

Make sure you get sprit bomb Goku to SA level 10 before awakening by using the TEQ Goku's.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cozz posted:

Make sure you get sprit bomb Goku to SA level 10 before awakening by using the TEQ Goku's.

Ha, it already came awakened. :shepicide:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

Ha, it already came awakened. :shepicide:

That doesn't change the chance at an SA up. It's base rarity of the card you're trying to raise and current rarity of the card you're using as fodder. You awaken the R TEQ Gokus, the SSR one doesn't matter.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

That doesn't change the chance at an SA up. It's base rarity of the card you're trying to raise and current rarity of the card you're using as fodder. You awaken the R TEQ Gokus, the SSR one doesn't matter.

Oh, so it's always only going to be 5% SA rate on SSR/UR? Guess I might be doing that for a while when I finish farming Dr Lychee for some reason.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got all the medals and awakened my TUR AGL Kid Buu. Now I can be that annoying team with too much hp and heals during the world tournament.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Doesn't affect Broly :getin:

My old main account finally pulled a great card in Broly and I have all the ki support needed for a WT team. Now I'm wondering whether to go back to that team since it'll be so much easier to WT versus my rainbow +30% team (not even +2 ki).

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm officially done with the Buu event! Got Fat Buu to SA level 10 and dokkaned him. At SA level ten Super Buu should be decent.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I decided to jump into Dokkan at last and oh god the stones gotta summon so fast

My first dragon stone pull was an SSR AGI Super Saiyan Goku (All-Out Charge)) and he's pretty fantastic because his super attack seems to trigger at such a low charge level compared to other characters I've seen. The thing that's throwing me off is the "Epic Showdown" Goku event, where I managed to grind up a Super Attack 10 green Rare Goku, who can apparently be Dokkan-Awakened into a blue "Message from another world" Goku, who can in turn be Dokkan-awakened into a super saiyan green goku again? I only just learned that I can use both regular and super saiyan Goku at the same time (since they have different 'base' names?) but I'm unsure if the sensible plan is to aim to have this super attack 10 green Goku eventually go through those Dokkan awakenings or if it's not worth putting any effort into it?

I'm guessing too that the Dokkan Awakening process takes some medals that I'm not yet capable of getting without a ludicrously strong team, so I understand that I'm talking about stuff that's far off tor me at the moment.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The TEQ Super Saiyan Goku that you can farm can be dokkan'd again to TEQ Angel Super Saiyan Goku. It is absolutely worth getting SA10 before dokkan'ing and worth grinding out two IMO because you can put the Super Saiyan and the Angel Super Saiyan on the same team. This will be helpful for grinding out Broly medals in the future unless you get lucky with your rolls.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Ignoranus posted:

I decided to jump into Dokkan at last and oh god the stones gotta summon so fast

My first dragon stone pull was an SSR AGI Super Saiyan Goku (All-Out Charge)) and he's pretty fantastic because his super attack seems to trigger at such a low charge level compared to other characters I've seen. The thing that's throwing me off is the "Epic Showdown" Goku event, where I managed to grind up a Super Attack 10 green Rare Goku, who can apparently be Dokkan-Awakened into a blue "Message from another world" Goku, who can in turn be Dokkan-awakened into a super saiyan green goku again? I only just learned that I can use both regular and super saiyan Goku at the same time (since they have different 'base' names?) but I'm unsure if the sensible plan is to aim to have this super attack 10 green Goku eventually go through those Dokkan awakenings or if it's not worth putting any effort into it?

I'm guessing too that the Dokkan Awakening process takes some medals that I'm not yet capable of getting without a ludicrously strong team, so I understand that I'm talking about stuff that's far off tor me at the moment.

I believe that AGL Goku does get Super Attacks at 7 Ki, as he is a new player friendly character.

There are two types of Awakening. Normal awakening is where you increase the cards base level (R, SR, SSR) to the next rarity(SR*, SSR*, UR) after hitting max level (40 for R, 60 for SR, 80 for SSR). To Dokkan Awaken them is to change them to a new card that starts a level 1 (after you hit max level, SR*60, SSR* 80, and UR 100). Some characters can become "Transcended UR", which puts their max level up to 120. You can see what cards can be Dokkan Awakened in the "Dokkan Awakening" Tab of the Team Menu.

To Dokkan Awaken TEQ Goku into AGL Angel Goku, you need to get 10 Goku Medals (Only in the later mission stages, on Hard and Z-hard), and other medals. To awaken him from Angel Goku, to TEQ Super Sayian Goku, you need 3 Frezia Chair Medals, acquired in the second stage of "An Epic Showdown". To awaken to TEQ Super Sayian Goku Angel, you need 3 Dragon Ball Medals from the Super Sayian 3 Goku Dokkan event (events where you can take a really strong character and make them even stronger), a stage where you have to defeat an AGL SSJ3 Goku in 18 attacks or less. You could run all 4 characters on the same team, and you should make sure that they all have Super Attack Level 10 before you awaken to conserve on medals and time. As ChronoReverse said, you'll probably at least want the two Super Sayian ones.

Characters with the same name will also not link with link skills if you run a friend of the same character. Goku, Goku (Kaioken), Goku (Angel), Super Sayian Goku, Super Sayian Goku (Angel), Super Sayian 2 Goku, Super Sayian 3 Goku, Super Sayian Goku (GT), Super Sayian God Goku, Super Sayian God SS Goku and Kid Goku (I think I remember those are all the different versions of Goku) could all be on the same team since they have different names.

There are two resources I use for information on the game. I use this wiki: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Dokkan_Battle_Wikia and DBZ Space: https://dbz.space/ . If you have any questions, we're all pretty helpful here.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Cozz posted:

(snip...)TEQ Super Sayian Goku, you need 3 Frezia Chair Medals, acquired in the second stage of "An Epic Showdown". To awaken to TEQ Super Sayian Goku Angel, you need 3 Dragon Ball Medals from the Super Sayian 3 Goku Dokkan event (events where you can take a really strong character and make them even stronger), a stage where you have to defeat an AGL SSJ3 Goku in 18 attacks or less. You could run all 4 characters on the same team, and you should make sure that they all have Super Attack Level 10 before you awaken to conserve on medals and time. As ChronoReverse said, you'll probably at least want the two Super Sayian ones.

Edit: Well, I did a bad job at wiki-reading. Feel free to disregard.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Oh hey, there's a World Tournament Coming Soon.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping it would be the one that gives away two SSRs but it's just Turles

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm okay with a Ki+3 leader that isn't Majuub, personally.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Well hey, did a PHY multi on the off chance that I'd get the one guy I wanted, PHY Bardock, and there he is, all pre Awakened and everything! Then I burnt the remaining stones on the STR pull and got STR SSJ2 Vegeta. Both have Prepared for Battle so I think I can make a full team based on that now. Ultimate Gohan still has a place on the team, but he's overplayed as a leader. Bardock can take the wheel.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I guess the Battle for Medals missions are the best way to get Old Kai medals?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Majinfoose posted:

I guess the Battle for Medals missions are the best way to get Old Kai medals?

I think the best drop rates for the Old Kai/Supreme Kai medals are the Daily Training with Mr. Popo and the Snake Way missions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Now the loving World Tournament starts? THERE'S TOO MANY THINGS!

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Is there any guideline to how long the "an Epic Showdown" event will stick around? I definitely want those Frieza Chair medals but definitely don't have enough power on the Int side of things to take on the Z-Hard second stage yet.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ignoranus posted:

Is there any guideline to how long the "an Epic Showdown" event will stick around? I definitely want those Frieza Chair medals but definitely don't have enough power on the Int side of things to take on the Z-Hard second stage yet.

Forever I guess. It's been around since it launched last year. Not the Freeza chair levels but that was a new addition.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
First WT with a Broly of my own (and I have a full ki support team too). It's as gloriously overpowered as I had imagined.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got myself a Mutatio from the DB tickets from my first round. Super Attack sealing is always nice. Also looks like they changed the DB link names to Guidance of the Dragon Balls and The Incredible Adventure.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

AGL Whis' full health passive skill is super nice during tournaments :love:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just got a WT Prelim map where the whole thing is filled with 100,000 Zeni spots. I could get used to this.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wasn't able to grind TEQ Buu to 10 SA this time around, oh well. Time to test how strong my rainbow heroes team and villains team are.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, all those Kid Buu teams really don't slow down a Broly team much at all. What they really do is slow down the Kid Buu teams themselves as well as rainbow teams.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I've been able to do 3 DB Summons, and I've gotten 3 Launches. Only 2 more to go until she has a SA level 10.

Was really hoping that I would be able to farm some more Tree of Mights before the event ended, but the World Tournament takes priority.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think I have all the non-SSR DragonBall characters now, finally got a Yamcha.

I'm planning on finishing up Super Vegeta and Whis next time the event comes around, it apparently repeats pretty frequently.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got Whis to SA7. So close, yet so far. Got distracted by other things.

I've had 3 DB summons today and they were all garbage Rares. I don't even know what I want from them, just something useful for a change.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

AGL Whis' full health passive skill is super nice during tournaments :love:

A friend of mine was talking up Hatchayak for his healing, too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I got Whis to SA7. So close, yet so far. Got distracted by other things.

Mine is 9 so close yet so far. Spent a full bar of stamina last night before the maintenance and still didn't get the last one I needed.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh right, they bumped up the reward rate to at rank 10k. I dunno how feasible that would even be still though.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Aurora posted:

Oh right, they bumped up the reward rate to at rank 10k. I dunno how feasible that would even be still though.

Seems like it's a lot harder to make top 10k for the first day. Sitting at mid 15000s or so right now.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I got a Great Saiyaman event medal from the WT. That's new, pretty sure before it was exclusively Bulmas and Turtles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I got a Great Saiyaman event medal from the WT. That's new, pretty sure before it was exclusively Bulmas and Turtles.
Yeah, I got a Frieza Chair medal

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I wouldn't mind getting more Bulmas and Turtles though, I already Dokkaned everyone that required them but apparently future Dokkans require even more of them.

Ross Angeles posted:

Yeah, I got a Frieza Chair medal

That's kind of lame, since those are easy to get.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For whatever reason Pikkon of all characters needs Bulmas and Turtles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Squallege posted:

For whatever reason Pikkon of all characters needs Bulmas and Turtles

All the Super Strikes need them