Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honestly hope scoreboards never make it into this game, it'd incite an already lovely playerbase, and allow them to make even more bullshit assumptions about "why they lost." Just live with the fact that you lost and use the medals (which show if you're in the top 3 or bottom 3,) to see how you did.

I also want a mute for global chat.
And a mute for general chat.
and a mute for allied chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Papercut posted:

Lucio and Rein are really fun to play though, so that's cool. It is annoying that there are certain characters I never get to try because someone always picks them and for team comp I feel like I should go with someone more useful.

What I do if I *really* want to play a character I haven't played in a while and someone else has already picked them is to pick them anyway at the very start of the game, and call the other person's bluff that *they'll* be the ones to then change.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Turtlicious posted:

I honestly hope scoreboards never make it into this game, it'd incite an already lovely playerbase, and allow them to make even more bullshit assumptions about "why they lost." Just live with the fact that you lost and use the medals (which show if you're in the top 3 or bottom 3,) to see how you did.

I also want a mute for global chat.
And a mute for general chat.
and a mute for allied chat.

I just want to be able to disable the chat overlay to record my POTGs without " [Turtilicious] has stopped playing overwatch" popping to the left.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lemon King posted:

We got that, its called Evolve. Didn't do so well.

The game was fun but it was no near compeititve gameplay. But it had all the cool talking between characters and everything like overwatch.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I just want to be able to disable the chat overlay to record my POTGs without " [Turtilicious] has stopped playing overwatch" popping to the left.

Alt+Z on windows hides the hud.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I don't want scoreboards because it makes average players feel bad, which makes them quit playing, which causes the game to die an early death.

Proto-Goons from quake/tfc era can tally-mark their stats on a napkin for all I care, just don't scare off my playerbase!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Alt+Z on windows hides the hud.

:swoon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

objects in mirror posted:

It is not enough that "Overwatch" succeeds. Other games must fail.

Like TF2. Which has failed and is dead. Long live Overwatch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

objects in mirror posted:

It is not enough that "Overwatch" succeeds. Other games must fail.

They were directly competing no matter what anyone says, it was bound to happen. Also, welcome to videogames, people who buy them are competitive about weird stuff. Also Gearbox deserves scorn.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
This crazy POTG is making the rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skLI7HXAeRs

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Is that backstory all from when the game was Titan and they just went ahead and used it even though it totally doesn't make sense?

Also I just got a Symmetra play of the game. Her energy beam is no joke.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

What I miss most coming from TF2 is custom maps. Sometimes I just want to deathmatch on a low gravity map that is nothing more than a spinning cube of Half Life 2 textures.

Consoles gamers truly don't know what they've lost.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 1, 2016

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Battleborn sucks since you have to grind out characters because someone thought it was a good idea to lock 90% of them. Overwatch is clearly better.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Grammaton posted:

Is that backstory all from when the game was Titan and they just went ahead and used it even though it totally doesn't make sense?

They changed some superficial details, like Titan was about an alien invasion and Overwatch is about a robot invasion.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

bagl just bagl at this video

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

:drat: that's cold.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Had some more good rounds today. On Numbani attack, I picked Zarya with the tank. I think I've finally played her enough to understand and be good with her, which is great because I don't find Reinhart or Winston very fun. I'm still learning when to not overextend (learning this very slowly), but at least Zarya tends to die slowly enough that it keeps the enemy occupied.

On defense I picked Mercy and we had a very long hold on the payload capture point, a well-timed dual-rez helped with that. I alternated between healing, and killing, but my team maters were pretty decent at not dying. I got a few eliminations and even took out a Roadhog who took me out at the same time. I killed a Pharah a couple times and made the enemy sniper back off with a few well-placed shots. We stopped the payload just before the point, I used my rez to bring back two guys and shot a couple of the last guys. I finished the match with an 11/11 E-D ratio.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Let's shoot the gorilla because he's killing the child.*

*child walks away with no serious injuries.

That's more like regular D.Va gameplay.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Why isn't there a Winston recolour that turns him purple

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

General Morden posted:

fun fact mccree is based off jesse mcree, a lead game designer at blizzard

Funner fact - McCree is based off this guy:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 31, 2016

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
More hackers getting banned and bitching about it, this time the moron bought the game 3 times and got banned on all of them instantly.

Oh and telling us that what Blizzard is doing is illegal. Blizzard is doing an amazing job with this game.

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 31, 2016

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

PantsBandit posted:

I sometimes get salty about Torbjorn's turrets but it's never approached how much I hated the engie in TF2. In Overwatch I always feel like I have options if I take my time and my teammates aren't loving up. Getting rid of a well-placed turret in TF2 though (especially in payload) sometimes seemed nearly impossible.
I can't agree with that at all. Yes sentries in TF2 hurt a lot more, require a lot more investment to setup, it's a different balance. But sentries in TF2 are not difficult to corner and kill. I think the annoying problem with the overwatch turret is it will react to partially exposed hitboxes so shooting it from any angle around a corner or ledge means you get hit. That, and the ridiculous range. This is the max turret range, it's a very long range:

The turrets do so little damage but the knockback is the real killer. The turrets are just really annoying, one of those mechanics that is unfun to play against that games would do well to avoid.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

anime was right posted:

its gonna be cool when everyone chooses a side over the whole omnic thing and then theres going to be a ~huge civil war~ and then right after the battle everyones grumpy and some people get new skins and junk for story purposes and then when the chips are down and no ones got a purpose and everyones arguing within their faction it turns out the aliens and the gorillas are fighting and new alliances are formed thus giving a justification for everyone to fight each other over stupid garbage

These posts remind me of an Onion headline: "Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8".

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Essobie posted:

I think Blizzard should take a page from the Rocket League book in regards to POTG. All players can click to skip it. If every player on the server gives zero shits about what the POTG is it gets skipped. There's so much down time between matches that any effort that might trim that time down a bit would really be appreciated. Of course, just like Rocket League, some rear end is going to force us to sit through the whole thing (especially if they are featured) but at least there's a CHANCE we can get that 20 seconds of our lives back.

I think once the game is over you already get the exp and can immediately leave without penalty, or leave as a group, so may as well just do that.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Truly end times. Complaining about torbs turret.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You can leave at the Victory or Defeat screen, re-queuing doesn't give you the consecutive game XP bonus though.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Or you can replay the highlight from the main menu!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

The Shortest Path posted:

That entire segment was only the second worst story/dialogue clusterfuck in that game.

Diablo III was a goddamn abortion.

Adria!! WHEN did you DECIDE to BETRAY us???!?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Solumin posted:

Or you can replay the highlight from the main menu!

The chat will still be there if you replay the highlight.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Sanctum posted:

I finally was given a PotG as D.Va that didn't involve her ult. :toot:

I've never even seen a PotG of lucio.

I got one last night. I'll share it once I figure out how - I pressed the Share button on my PS4 and saved the video, but I think it saved the whole match? What's the easiest way to save/share POTG?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Blizzard is going to take a look at McCree and D.Va.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744794943?page=5#post-83

Geoff Goodman posted:

I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays.

Geoff Goodman posted:

Right. I think I wasn't clear enough. By saying 'its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets' I mean his flash/fan combo, not the flash itself. Fan is more likely to see changes than flash at this point.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744914371?page=3#post-43

Geoff Goodman posted:

D.Va's damage is definitely on the lower side, much like Winstons. They are this way for a similar reason: They are both very mobile and hard to kill. Every character in the game has strengths and weaknesses, its part of what makes the teamplay work well.

That said, I do think the is some room for some D.Va improvements, but these are unlikely to take the shape of increasing her damage output significantly.

Geoff Goodman posted:

Yes she gets taken down quickly if she is fighting multiple targets, unlike Winston/Reinhardt because of their barriers. When I say she is difficult to kill its speaking from a smaller skirmish standpoint, which she can usually set up due to her Flight ability.

There was a time, when she was first implemented, where she had more damage than she does now. The way that played out is that she would fly into someone's face, destroy them, and fly away. There was little that person could do because her mobility.

As I said I think she can use some help in other areas, but I don't have anything concrete yet. The goal is that she should be a viable aggressive initiation tank, much like Winston can be right now, rather than some sort of beefy flying assassin. So any changes will likely be helping her in that direction.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I would like a scoreboard but only one that shows your objective score so all of my idiot teammates will realize we lost because the dude playing Lucio was the only one on the objective while you were loving off in some random hallway

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
You know what's great? Being told by a pubby to "read a book" because Hanzo "is an archer" not "a sniper" when told we have two snipers and need one less for a tank.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
in case any of you nerds haven't seen The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, McCree isn't just "based off" Clint Eastwood:

and if you haven't seen it you should go watch this classic movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Daric posted:

I would like a scoreboard but only one that shows your objective score so all of my idiot teammates will realize we lost because the dude playing Lucio was the only one on the objective while you were loving off in some random hallway

This drives me nuts. I play support a lot, and usually Lucio/Mercy. When I'm on the cart or point alone and can see teammates pushing ahead of me I just shake my head. I can't be the only on the point you dingleberries, you're going to get yourselves killed while screaming "where's my heals!?" and blame me for your terrible teamwork.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Zorodius posted:

in case any of you nerds haven't seen The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, McCree isn't just "based off" Clint Eastwood:

and if you haven't seen it you should go watch this classic movie

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PureRok posted:

You know what's great? Being told by a pubby to "read a book" because Hanzo "is an archer" not "a sniper" when told we have two snipers and need one less for a tank.

"When there's widowmaker and no hanzo does the game say "no snipers" and when you select hanzo does that warning go away? Oh it does? gently caress off"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He's right though. Hanzo is an archer :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is cowboys using flashbangs even a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
He also called me a weeb for some reason when telling me to read said book.

I should have asked him which book, because I'm not sure which ones are relevant.