Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

At least they were lucky with the loot drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

MysteriousThing posted:

I think this outcome is born of 2 main causes.

1. I don't take notes, never did; not in college and not now. I keep everything in my head.
2. At present there isn't really anything I could document for outside viewing. I could say something like "Making off color jokes within earshot of the exchange server causes our meetings to get dropped". This is true but is doesn't offer insight into the substance of said meetings. Offering any specifics into the subject matter would violate NDA. It's tricky and would be easier if my platform was based around something specific and not the over-arching behavioral psychology of the NPE or gasp~ CSM Reform.

I can say that I have presented CCP with a wealth of reading materials in terms of NPE and player psychology.
http://truecenterpublishing.com/psycyber/psycyber.html I can link this here because it's not private information. In university I studied the research of one John Suler, who literally wrote the book on greater internet fuckwad theory. CCP has come to an understanding with me that when I make some confident statement about the social or behavioral implications or outcomes of a proposed change that I know what I am talking about. They haven't asked me at any point to present them with citations and they have so far not once questioned my certainty or knowledge on this subject matter.

It's fortunate that CCP Ghost is the producer for the NPE team, because this means that I don't need to break down any of my words into lay-speak. I can make statements and proposals rich with psy-terms and not have to worry about people having no loving clue what I am trying to say.

holy poo poo

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
xenuria brief us on cyberpsychology in your own words tia

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe bluegoon can take notes.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Maybe bluegoon can take notes.

¡psy ops!

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

xenuria brief us on cyberpsychology in your own words tia

It's really hard to tl;dr something like cyberpsychology, especially since it's so new and minimally understood.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
last time i heard the term 'cyberpsychology' was from the mouth of erotica 1

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

MysteriousThing posted:

It's really hard to tl;dr something like cyberpsychology, especially since it's so new and minimally understood.

Was, ahem, cyberpsychology your field of study in college?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

MysteriousThing posted:

but i thought you were an expert on this and that ccp consider you an authority on cyberpsychology

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

MysteriousThing posted:

MysteriousThing posted:

It's fortunate that CCP Ghost is the producer for the NPE team, because this means that I don't need to break down any of my words into lay-speak. I can make statements and proposals rich with psy-terms and not have to worry about people having no loving clue what I am trying to say.

Lol loving laypeople

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol loving laypeople

I know right?
You talk above a 5th grade level and they call you pretentious or arrogant. "bawww big words baww"

EvE has it's lay people, the trick is uplifting them and retention of their commitment to the community.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

MysteriousThing posted:

I think this outcome is born of 2 main causes.

1. I don't take notes, never did; not in college and not now. I keep everything in my head.
2. At present there isn't really anything I could document for outside viewing. I could say something like "Making off color jokes within earshot of the exchange server causes our meetings to get dropped". This is true but is doesn't offer insight into the substance of said meetings. Offering any specifics into the subject matter would violate NDA. It's tricky and would be easier if my platform was based around something specific and not the over-arching behavioral psychology of the NPE or gasp~ CSM Reform.

I can say that I have presented CCP with a wealth of reading materials in terms of NPE and player psychology.
http://truecenterpublishing.com/psycyber/psycyber.html I can link this here because it's not private information. In university I studied the research of one John Suler, who literally wrote the book on greater internet fuckwad theory. CCP has come to an understanding with me that when I make some confident statement about the social or behavioral implications or outcomes of a proposed change that I know what I am talking about. They haven't asked me at any point to present them with citations and they have so far not once questioned my certainty or knowledge on this subject matter.

I read your posts in McLovin's voice

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

MysteriousThing posted:

I know right?
You talk above a 5th grade level and they call you pretentious or arrogant. "bawww big words baww"

EvE has it's lay people, the trick is uplifting them and retention of their commitment to the community.

bawww big words baww

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

MysteriousThing posted:

I know right?

:ironicat:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Xen if you know so much about cyberpsychology why do you get so baited all the drat time

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Shut the gently caress up Xenuria

qtiyd

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

-Troika- posted:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

I read your posts in McLovin's voice

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
goddamnit frozenpussy that was a good post

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

-Troika- posted:

qtiyd

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

cyberpsychology is code for creeping on the internet

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

-Troika- posted:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lets discuss something more interesting, like what the gently caress this guy was doing: https://zkillboard.com/kill/54351595/

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Maybe he copied the wrong fit and just clicked fit on the "wonder how high I can get my tank" EFT fit

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

apparently it's baki yuku because pl's recruitment standards of "has pulse, has supercap" are still bringing in the highest quality pulsehavers to fly capitals for them

they probably should check to make sure he didn't steal that phoenix

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

apparently it's baki yuku

they probably should check to make sure he didn't steal that phoenix

i mean with that fit i think if he did steal it, the guy who was robbed should probably keep quiet about it

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
How stupid of a tank does that get with heat though?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Syndic Thrass posted:

How stupid of a tank does that get with heat though?

surprisingly low once it immediately caps out and the invulns stop working

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tim Jong-un posted:

No it's still me, I quit playing for nearly 2 years and when I came back all the old Space Violence dudes I used to play with had quit or moved on to Groon, BOS or Tishu, Groon was inactive at the moment I came back and im too lazy for BOS and not euro so Ephecinas corp in Tishu it was. They let me do funny things like putting gate camping citadels all over the place.

Are you with the corp that named the RIP Vile Rat station to 'Benghazi Consulate' or one of the other ones?

Also, I thought xenuria wasn't supposed to post itt.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

MysteriousThing posted:

[...]

Hrm... Perhaps I should have worded something different than 'CSM Journal'. Not at all implying the need of something that is a log of the minutia that goes on at any of the meetings. Nor am I prying to get otherwise NDA info.

No, what I am getting at is there is a practical need for there to be something that people can go to in short order to better understand what it is you're trying to do in CSM, sourced straight from you. That first step someone new to all this would take just to simply find out what you're agenda is. For example, a place easily found that has a statement explaining your views as to good ideas about improving the New Player Experience. (You may have said this very thing in Slack, or referenced in a Tweet, or mentioned in a streaming podcast as a guest somewhere... but none of that readily accessible.)

It would be more interesting and engaging to have a source to draw from instead of the more prevalent 2nd hand / 3rd hand remarks from other parties in forums that focus on the negative or simply regarding you as a joke-stick'n-it-to-CCP time bomb. Yes, you've got plenty of notoriety as a derisive personality. Yeah its often entertaining. But you're obviously investing your time into this, taking it with some seriousness, not quite seemingly in it for just the ride.

Of course you're not under any real obligation to report the the player base about your agendas and are free to continue your pointed focus in the direction of CCP as you see fit.

While the layman's "But mah rep'nzen'tayshun!" :argh: pseudo-social contract perhaps may not be of much concern to you, but it might behoove you to take the time to create a platform where you can explain to those you represent such things as the why behavioral psychology applies... even if its not lay-speak (or no matter how annoying it may be to try do, to actually try to break things down for a wider audience) as CCP staff may simply be politely humoring what you are telling them. They're not likely to be confrontational to you concerning your sources, background, or ability. (Successful businesses are not run like a forum thread.)

If I was you, I'd be concerned if they are not questioning you or your sources, that there isn't debate or process to reach consensus with what you present. If true, if they really are simply just putting up with you as non-confrontational as possible, it might be nice to also have that company's customers behind you and being supportive if your ideas are right. :pitchfork: With a good enough idea, the community will demand it.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

stop engaging xenuria

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

evilweasel posted:

lets discuss something more interesting, like what the gently caress this guy was doing: https://zkillboard.com/kill/54351595/

Hey! I put a lot of :effortless: into that post! :colbert:

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

stop engaging xenuria

No joke honest to gawd truth, on the bus home Sunday night, I was thinking about social concepts relating to EVE and after some thought I decided one aspect of this I wanted to do, is try to engage a dialog with Xenuria and low and behold I see him on here today and I preceded to do just exactly that.

What a wonderful, weird and crazy word we live in. :dance:

Pale Peril fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 1, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Pale Peril posted:

Hey! I put a lot of :effortless: into that post! :colbert:

Yeah, and ain't it a goddamn shame.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

so much hate for christopher mintz-plasse itt

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It all went downhill for him after mclovin

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

And I thought I was a wordy human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Pale Peril posted:

Hrm... Perhaps I should have worded something different than 'CSM Journal'. Not at all implying the need of something that is a log of the minutia that goes on at any of the meetings. Nor am I prying to get otherwise NDA info.

No, what I am getting at is there is a practical need for there to be something that people can go to in short order to better understand what it is you're trying to do in CSM, sourced straight from you. That first step someone new to all this would take just to simply find out what you're agenda is. For example, a place easily found that has a statement explaining your views as to good ideas about improving the New Player Experience. (You may have said this very thing in Slack, or referenced in a Tweet, or mentioned in a streaming podcast as a guest somewhere... but none of that readily accessible.)

It would be more interesting and engaging to have a source to draw from instead of the more prevalent 2nd hand / 3rd hand remarks from other parties in forums that focus on the negative or simply regarding you as a joke-stick'n-it-to-CCP time bomb. Yes, you've got plenty of notoriety as a derisive personality. Yeah its often entertaining. But you're obviously investing your time into this, taking it with some seriousness, not quite seemingly in it for just the ride.

Of course you're not under any real obligation to report the the player base about your agendas and are free to continue your pointed focus in the direction of CCP as you see fit.

While the layman's "But mah rep'nzen'tayshun!" :argh: pseudo-social contract perhaps may not be of much concern to you, but it might behoove you to take the time to create a platform where you can explain to those you represent such things as the why behavioral psychology applies... even if its not lay-speak (or no matter how annoying it may be to try do, to actually try to break things down for a wider audience) as CCP staff may simply be politely humoring what you are telling them. They're not likely to be confrontational to you concerning your sources, background, or ability. (Successful businesses are not run like a forum thread.)

If I was you, I'd be concerned if they are not questioning you or your sources, that there isn't debate or process to reach consensus with what you present. If true, if they really are simply just putting up with you as non-confrontational as possible, it might be nice to also have that company's customers behind you and being supportive if your ideas are right. :pitchfork: With a good enough idea, the community will demand it.

Your argument is valid.
I will consider my options and take action.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

MysteriousThing posted:

Your argument is valid.
I will consider my options and take action.

Consider ending your posting, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Globby what do you even do with all that isk?

Until the golden age of super cap suicide ganking begins what will you do?

• Locked thread