Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Single is my vote. Let's get this show rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Since it appears we are right in the middle of Spermy Smurf finally snapping, and I want to see that project come to fruition, I'm going to change my vote to triple quadruple elimination

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Lets try to get that visual out of our heads now. This fight actually matters for playoff seeding and/or kill tally right? I'll try not to make it all about Jimbo's wiener.

Also: PM or post ideas for effortposts for playoffs and poo poo because I only have one idea and I think I'll run more than one playoff/final fight.

:siren: Round 18, Fight 7 :siren:

Go big and/or go home (9-8), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Snowshank Redemption (A good poster) is a male yeti. He wields a copper large dagger and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Tyler Durden is Hobbes (habituallyred) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, leather armor, and iron high boots.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt (iLonie) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron two-handed sword and wears a leather cap, leather armor, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Slam Whale Willy (potatomanjack) is a male werewolf. He wields a silver mace and a wooden buckler and wears an iron cap, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, copper gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Subterranean Animists (15-2), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Braun Strowman (Frozen_Flame) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields an iron short sword and two copper short swords and wears an iron helm, two copper mail shirts, iron leggings, and iron gauntlets.
Baldwin (captaindirtnap) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, iron gauntlets, and steel low boots.
Qwarf (C7ty1) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and steel gauntlets.
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.

Subterranean Animists is a 1.81 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 11827.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 6544.00 dwarfbucks for Go big and/or go home.

On the left is the home team, Go Big or Go Home. On the right is Dusseldorf, beautifully attired in iron mail. Look at the way it hugs her curves... mmmmm.

Baldwin stabs Hobbes in the liver, and receives a bruised liver from a fist in return.

Dusseldorf sways to the other side of the arena; her chain mail bouncing in all the right places and driving all the men wild. She casually stabs 3 Wolf Moon in the arm and fractures the bone. A smirk crosses her face and she does that sexy lip-bite thing.

Dusseldorf's sultry laughter echos across the arena as she easily slices 3 Wolf Moons hand and then is charged to the floor. The chain mail flies up around her hips, and hundreds of men do the belt-tuck thing as hundreds of erections sprout simultaneously. 3 Wolf Moon passes out and lands nearby.

In the middle of the arena Baldwin has stabbed Hobbes who falls to the ground. Baldwin and Qwarf turn to stare at their teammate.

Dusseldorf stands up, taking her time to straighten her armor. Buttons on thousands of pants ping off and fly into the arena, unable to contain the serpents.

Oh yeah, Qwarf shakes off the voyeur-stupor and stabs 3 Wolf Moon in the head.

To the north: Braun is unsexily trying to get through Snowshanks armor to no effect. If Snowshank was fighting Dusseldorf he'd probably strip down immediately on his own. Sadly, Braun is an ugly wench.

Baldwin continues to stab Hobbes multiple times.

The buttons from the audience's pants pelt Slam Whale Willy, distracting the werewolf at an inopportune time. Dusseldorf does that slow lip licking thing and shatters the wolf's tail at the same time Qwarf stabs his leg to poo poo, and the werewolf falls to the floor unconscious.

Dusseldorf bends at the hips to stick her spear into Slam Whale's head. She slowly puts her tongue on the spear and runs the length of the shaft as she stands up. Belt buckles can no longer hold back the raging torrent, and leather snaps hundreds of times up in the stands.

Snowshank has stabbed the terrible and ugly Braun Strowman twice, and the antwoman is in trouble.

No worries, Braun. Your sexy friends are here to help! Qwarf finishes off Hobbes and the fighters flank Dusseldorf and advance in lockstep on Snowshank.

The three dwarves drive back the huge yeti, managing to bruise him through his thick armor. Dusseldorf pauses and smiles coyly at the audience to blow a kiss. Backup belts are equipped and subsequently ripped to pieces. Snowshank darts in when she is distracted and shatters her forearm.

It's okay though, Qwarf is there to stab Snowshank into unconsciousness.

Braun Strowman, in a fit of rage about how ugly and terrible she is, manages to finish off Snowshank. Looks like with that broken arm somone will have to help Dusseldorf out of her armor. Any takers? :sonia:

Subterranean Animists won with an easy 4-0 victory, despite having the 2nd best (and ugliest) antwoman on their team. Seriously, I think that was the shortest fight in the arena so far. Go Big really phoned it in on that one.

Kills:
Qwarf: 2
Dusseldorf: 1
Braun Strowman: 1

Combat Log

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I forgot Sonia was still an emote.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I couldn't find the kissy face.

DPPH represent. :fap:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Jazz buddy, might want to check your points scripts for going into the playoffs. Unless I was supposed to have quadrupled my total points.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Mine is right. 1300 for playoffs for Antwoman.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Seems as though our commissioners are feeling the spirit of spring.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So did we get the 20% bonus for saved up points? Not that it matters a lot, but if my calculations are right, it didn't activate.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wait a second. The first fight will be exactly the same teams as the fight I just ran.

Go Big or Go Home vs Subterranean Animists. Lets hope Go Big's points will help make it more of a fight.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Spermy Smurf posted:

Mine is right. 1300 for playoffs for Antwoman.

Oh I didn't realize there was a bonus for getting to playoffs. Durr

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
I am going to get your Gladiator killed for that. Braun is sobbing into her four dwarven arms you monster

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Put some points in beauty, uggo.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Dusseldwarf is wearing pants, you know. I bought them myself!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Assless chaps don't count.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Decoy Badger posted:

Dusseldwarf is wearing pants, you know. I bought them myself!

Just for the record Richard is not wearing pants and likely never will.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Trump's wearing leather and bronze. They match her face.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Can't keep up with Spermy Smurf when he's ogling Jimbo's weapon selection.

So, covering both fights:

:siren: Ghost-Trees gets blooded at the last possible opportunity! :siren:

In the penultimate fight of the whole phase, no less. Jimbo Akimbo hits 20 kills. Lightly Whipped finish on 12 kills, with not one of them getting more than 4.

Dusseldwarf gets the kill she needs to claim 4th by herself as opposed to in a crowd, but not the four kills she needed for a share of the grand prize. Qwarf falls one short of hitting twenty.

So, the final kills table:

1st, James LargeSausage, 26 kills, undisputed Murderlord of the Arena.
2nd=, Chaz Steadyfist, 25 kills, quarter-century Slaughtermaster.
2nd=, In like Flynn, 25 kills, quarter-century Slaughtermaster.
4th, Dusseldwarf, 23 kills, 4th place trophy Skulltaker.
5th=, Antwoman, 22 kills, Top 5 Deathdealer.
5th=, Snarls Barkley, 22 kills, Top 5 Deathdealer.

7th=, Candy Corn Tiger, 20 kills, Top 10 Lifetaker.
7th=, Jimbo Akimbo, 20 kills, Top 10 Lifetaker.
9th=, Turquoise Tonic, 19 kills, Top 10 Lifetaker.
9th=, Qwarf, 19 kills, Top 10 Lifetaker.

11th, 3 wolf moon shirt, 18 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
12th=, Jakob, 17 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
12th=, Bo, 17 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
12th=, Sriracha Fartstorm Returns, 17 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
12th=, Albrik the Insignificant, 17 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
12th=, Baldwin, 17 kills, Top 20 Slayer.

17th, Krog Bonesmasha, 16 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
18th, Molegrim, 15 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
19th=, Stumpy, 14 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
19th=, Three Gremlins in a Blender, 14 kills, Top 20 Slayer.
19th=, Jameson the Unruly, 14 kills, Top 20 Slayer.

22nd, Simon Belmole, 13 kills.
23rd=, Dory, 12 kills
23rd=, Snowshank Redemption, 12 kills.
23rd=, Roland Gorchik, 12 kills.

26th=, s&f pighead,11 kills.
26th=, Experiment 22, 11 kills.
26th=, A Lost Cowman, 11 kills.
26th=, Madmartigan, 11 kills.

30th=, sn, 10 kills.
30th=, Richard Kyanka , 10 kills.
30th=, Stephen Harper, 10 kills.
30th=, Return of the panty thief, 10 kills.
30th=, Uma Thurman, 10 kills.

35th=, The Abominable Gladiator, 9 kills.
35th=, Josie the Bludgeonatrix, 9 kills.
35th=, Dontellim Pike, 9 kills.
35th=, Rob Ford, 9 kills.

39th=, Slam whale willy, 8 kills.
39th=, Min/Maxotaur, 8 kills.
40th, Knife toseeu, 7 kills.
41st=, Here comes Mongo!, 6 kills.
41st=, Anthony, 6 kills.
41st=, The Krying Bowbold Returns 6 kills.
41st=, Urist McLee, 6 kills.

45th=, Unthrottle the Axolotl, 5 kills.
45th=, Braun Stroman, 5 kills.
47th=, Combat Liberalism, 4 kills.
47th=, Trump's Viscous Discharge, 4 kills.
47th=, Jupis Tooki Mcgannel, 4 kills.
47th=, Punc hant, 4 kills.
47th=, BS45 Apeliminator, 4 kills.
47th=, Tyler Durden is Hobbes, 4 kills.

53rd=, Face, 3 kills, Shamed Peon.
53rd=, Grimmik, 3 kills, Shamed Peon.
53rd=, Solomon Rabinowitz, 3 kills, Shamed Peon.
53rd=, Goku, 3 kills, Shamed Peon.

58th=, Strangler than Fiction, 2 kills, Dishonoured Dreg.
58th=, Tash Al'Rhyn, 2 kills, Dishonoured Dreg.
58th=, Mogwai, 2 kills, Dishonoured Dreg.
61st=, Bad Munki, 1 kill,, Worthless Wastrel.
61st=, Ghost-Trees, 1 kill, Worthless Wastrel.
61st=, Eyeteeth IV, 1 kill, Worthless Wastrel.

DNQ, Sun Tzulander the Philomodel , UNBLOODED.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Ok, I spent my points you can start running matches again now. Whips are still OP right?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

I couldn't find the kissy face.

DPPH represent. :fap:

I saw DPPH, checked your reg date, and then realized that we're old.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

AJ_Impy posted:

26th=, s&f pighead,11 kills.

Aww no title :(

AJ_Impy posted:

61st=, Eyeteeth IV, 1 kill, Worthless Wastrel.

Huh, maybe not the worst thing.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dirty Frank posted:

Middling Murderer?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Dirty Frank posted:

Huh, maybe not the worst thing.

Thought about awarding :mediocre: to all the mid-table gladiators, but not earning a title or condemnation conveys that without going over the image limit.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Average Axeman
Fair Flayer
Crappy Cutthroat

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I saw DPPH, checked your reg date, and then realized that we're old.

I didn't feel old a little while ago, but I do now. Thanks.

Started reading this site well before my reg date, then registered when they closed off the :files: and DPPH to non-members. 15 freakin years of this site. I can't think of another site I've visited for 15 years.

Our team is ready to roll with almost zero communication from anyone despite me emailing and annoying them 3 times so far.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Anyway, bonus match ideas.

Worst of the Worst: The unblooded filth versus each of the wastrels in a 4-way fight to try and regain a shred of honour.

Baddest Munki: Worse Munki versus a team of Bad Munki's Gladiator versus a team of Bad Munki (Coward) versus a team of Bad Monkeys (Stranglers that didn't make the playoffs) in a 4-way slaughterfest.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Best of the worst: Make a team out of the best fighters from the teams that didn't make it to the playoffs, and do something with them

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I seriously considered buying a thousand points of dodge skill. Considering our loss to Lightly Whipped I just went for armor instead.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

I didn't feel old a little while ago, but I do now. Thanks.

No problem, :tipshat:.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Started reading this site well before my reg date, then registered when they closed off the :files: and DPPH to non-members. 15 freakin years of this site. I can't think of another site I've visited for 15 years.

I started, non-regged, somewhere in early-mid 2001. I distinctly remember reading the 9/11 GBS thread live.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

AJ_Impy posted:

1st, James LargeSausage, 26 kills, undisputed Murderlord of the Arena.

Josie is very proud of her teammate.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 31, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

my dad posted:

Best of the worst: Make a team out of the best fighters from the teams that didn't make it to the playoffs, and do something with them

I'd like to see this.

Also:
Arena All-Stars: Make a team of the best members of the best teams (or just the best individual gladiators) and also do something with them. Maybe pit them against the winning team?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The Plump Helmets are ready to rumble.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey lets make suggestions on other poo poo to do on the side of this tournament and not give Spermy ideas for effortposts.

Bunch of assholes, all of you.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hey lets make suggestions on other poo poo to do on the side of this tournament and not give Spermy ideas for effortposts.

WWF hosts is always a crowd pleaser.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Commentators are characters from some video game or other

Preferably one that I've played

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nothing but memes pulled from 9gag, top to bottom, no actual text at all

RIP Spermy Smurf

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Place some bets:siren:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

AJ_Impy posted:

Anyway, bonus match ideas.

Worst of the Worst: The unblooded filth versus each of the wastrels in a 4-way fight to try and regain a shred of honour.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Arena All-Stars: Make a team of the best members of the best teams (or just the best individual gladiators) and also do something with them. Maybe pit them against the winning team?

I was thinking a nice little 4v4 here.

Sun Tzulander and his three clones vs, oh, say, James LargeSausage, Chaz Steadyfist, In like Flynn and Dusseldwarf

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Goku and Vegeta speculating/arguing about power levels and fighting move names.

Preferably DBZ Abridged's version of the characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whats happening oh god