Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

loving Portland always immediately sells out on this stuff. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

enojy posted:

Wow, unless their website is acting up, the E3 theater tickets in my area sold out in 4 minutes. I tried to get tickets for my roommate and myself, filled out the information, "an error occurred", and now it's wait list only!

:doh: forgot about this, same here.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Freak posted:

Gone Home
Homerunner
Completed the game in less than 1 minute with no Modifiers enabled. (From New Game in a single session only)

Alright, watch out SGDQ I'm coming for you.

i kind of want to download the game just so i can make this my only trophy received

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
everyone who got waitlisted try again, after 1:30 all those tickets reserved from people getting errors were released. i just signed up super easy.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Try the E3 thing again if tickets were sold out! My theater was made available again; I guess a whole lot of people crashed out when trying to register the first time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sony, put SMT Nocturne on PS4.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

univbee posted:

Maybe you're thinking of EA's NBA Live? NBA 2K (by 2K Sports) is well-regarded. 2K16 has a silly storyline mode but the basketball game itself is really good. Last month the only sports game which outsold it was MLB The Show 16, which is much newer.

I guess I must be! I'll check 2k16 out then.

quote:

i kind of want to download the game just so i can make this my only trophy received

That's a good trophy.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Bogart posted:

Sony, put SMT Nocturne on PS4.

This but also King's Field: The Ancient City and the Ace Combat games.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 31, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

abagofcheetos posted:

everyone who got waitlisted try again, after 1:30 all those tickets reserved from people getting errors were released. i just signed up super easy.

Same. I'm in. :woop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS2 game Primal just turned up on PS4, does anyone else remember that? I have the memory of liking it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sakurazuka posted:

PS2 game Primal just turned up on PS4, does anyone else remember that? I have the memory of liking it.
Very good voice acting for the main two characters, not much of anything else.
Ghosthunter that studio released afterwards was poo poo though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It's not just me that Hitman Episode 3 isn't showing up in the store for, right? In the US?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just sold my copy of 2k16 to someone two days ago for $20. Its one of the best sports game franchises and once you get past the Spike Lee story, which you can skip almost every scene, its one of the best sports RPG's.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I try any sports game that isn't made by EA. EA never gets the feel right in their games.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Sakurazuka posted:

I reccomend it, gameplays a bit rough but good art direction and the main girls Callisto from Xena

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I try any sports game that isn't made by EA. EA never gets the feel right in their games.
NHL was good for a while. I dunno what the current EA hockey scape is like now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is NBA 2K16 the one that's basically an RPG wrapped around a sports game because whatever game that is sounded interesting

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is NBA 2K16 the one that's basically an RPG wrapped around a sports game because whatever game that is sounded interesting

Yeah and you have several waifus, you need to be careful though because if you date them all at once then on Valentine's day you're in for a treat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

El Hefe posted:

Yeah and you have several waifus, you need to be careful though because if you date them all at once then on Valentine's day you're in for a treat.

My dribbleman's only love is the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

All the NBA 2K career modes have been like this to some extent but for 16 they let Spike Lee do some insane story mode around it. I've played the 2K games every few years, they're pretty good sports games. I like the NHL ones the best though, especially later PS3/360 versions that had really great physics options

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

univbee posted:

Hmmm yes, really lovely of them to be giving away the best selling sports games in North America, only barely being outsold by Call of Duty.

It's lovely if you have no desire to play sports games, especially a game based on an inferior sport. :colbert:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

It's lovely if you have no desire to play sports games, especially a game based on an inferior sport. :colbert:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I've never played any of the Saint's Row games but I know what the gameplay in IV is like and I'm aware of the broad strokes of the story from the earlier games in the series.

Would jumping into IV feel a bit lackluster due me having missed out on past character stories and plot developments and in-jokes and references and all that?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

kalensc posted:

I've never played any of the Saint's Row games but I know what the gameplay in IV is like and I'm aware of the broad strokes of the story from the earlier games in the series.

Would jumping into IV feel a bit lackluster due me having missed out on past character stories and plot developments and in-jokes and references and all that?

Nah, IV was my first game and I had a blast with it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ChaosArgate posted:

Nah, IV was my first game and I had a blast with it.

That being said, there are also a lot of nice injokes and callbacks that can actually be pretty heartwarming if you've been with the franchise, but it's not really too mandatory.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

kalensc posted:

That is definitely not the reason why Saint's Row IV might feel lackluster. The game's still pretty fun though.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Harlock posted:

NHL was good for a while. I dunno what the current EA hockey scape is like now.

The current gen NHLs haven't been that stellar. I still play 16 occasionally, it's only EA game I play, but the game mechanics are kind of bad. For example you can't face the puck as a defender or pivot which was possible I think in NHL 12 already. That leads to a very clunky game play especially on defense.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im gonna play this spike lee joint

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can I go all Monster Factory on my player charecter or is it more reserved

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I, for one, can't wait to be the whitest blue chip talent with the blackest family.

I smell a sitcom!

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

NBA2k is an amazing series. This is like the whole Madden monopoly thing except swap football for basketball and paying someone a bunch of money to have the only license for making a phenomenal game.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
In 2k16 is there a way to create/import/unlock old players

I want Rasheed, Westbrook, Shaq, Bill Walton, and Barkley on a roster together

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

kalensc posted:

In 2k16 is there a way to create/import/unlock old players

I want Rasheed, Westbrook, Shaq, Bill Walton, and Barkley on a roster together

purchase these players (maybe) for your team in a card pack for $4.99!

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
{sigh} My first true "PS+ poo poo game" month. I hate most sports video games.
I'd have totally been down for an NBA Jam title, though... :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MisterAlex posted:

the new one was ps+ a couple years back for ps3

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TaurusOxford posted:

So like have you never seen basketball before or

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Games encompass a wide variety of genres, and not every month will include the genre you like.

I'm sure your favorite genre sucks as well.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
All games are sports games when you think about it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just make a 7 foot guard and shoot uncontested shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

MisterAlex posted:

That and Blitz were like a buck together a month or two ago

• Locked thread