Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it is pointless to kill people in this game they will just come back sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"Why are you playing offense if you're just going to sit on the objective the whole round?" - guy on the losing team who was mad I just rode a tank to the checkpoints while shooting people in the head as Hanzo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

General Morden posted:

i'd rather that this game doesn't go the way of sf5 where everybody gets nerfed to boring levels

I think Blizzard has said[citation needed] that they want to avoid that in Overwatch and will focus on buffing rather than nerfing. I think I remember A_Seagull speaking about it.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Balance:
DVa needs a little buff, probably her walk speed while shooting
Zen needs more than 150 health
Lucio needs a small nerf to his passive healing
Give Widowmaker some scope sway or a longer charge time for a 1 hit body kill for gods sake
Roadhog needs slightly less range on his hook because I've seen some insane distance hooks through walls
Hanzo needs a nerf to his headshot hitboxes because holy poo poo he's filthy you don't even have to aim properly
McCree needs to be nerfed into the ground because he is a lovely character for lovely people who like to corner camp in rooms or bunny hop all the way behind teams and get free kills (I'd probably agree with just replacing his stun with a more powerful but escapable blind)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Your Computer posted:

Something tells me there aren't that many people playing in the middle of the night on a Wednesday (????) because I keep being paired with the absolute worst people ever.

We're talking Reaper standing on rooftops "sniping" levels of bad. We're talking "ffs payload is bullshit" because we lost and no one except me tried standing on the payload and instead expected it to move on its own levels of bad.

Yeah, queuing is taking some time here. Had to wait almost 5 minutes for a match

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good mccree nerfs:

if he uses fan theres a % chance of the gun jamming
high noon only works at the specified time (in your timezone)
he has a nasty hangover after a particularly good match and his roll makes him fall on his face
mccree develops lung cancer and is permanently removed from overwatch

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Shameless plug of me opening 50 loot boxes, few legendary skins in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZEXTRG0x6c

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

anime was right posted:

good mccree nerfs:

if he uses fan theres a % chance of the gun jamming
high noon only works at the specified time (in your timezone)
he has a nasty hangover after a particularly good match and his roll makes him fall on his face

put dante in overwatch instead

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

iroguebot posted:

Shameless plug of me opening 50 loot boxes, few legendary skins in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZEXTRG0x6c

I use that Luci-Ohs spray because it reminds me of Booty-Os.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

General Morden posted:

put dante in overwatch instead

Replace McCree with John Marston/Genji with Raiden/Pharah with Samus + add the Splatoon Inkling and the guy from Vanquish as offense classes

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, queuing is taking some time here. Had to wait almost 5 minutes for a match

Game's dead. RIP

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I really love playing as Zarya, especially when I have moments like these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LRncKyhMas

I thought I'd never get the "hit 5 people at the same time with a Graviton Surge" achievement since I figured rarely enough would all 5 people be bunched up, but lo and behold.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Lucio-Ohs is a great spray but his Jet Grind Radio spray is awesome too

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

anime was right posted:

good mccree nerfs:

i like this one, please email blizzard

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

anime was right posted:

good mccree nerfs:

Ddraig posted:

So it doesn't appear that McCree's revolver has a transfer bar in it, which means that seeing as how he's running around with six shots all the time and is rolling around constantly there's a chance he might blow his dick off by accident if the hammer hits the primer.

So nerf idea: There's a chance of you blowing your own dick off if you combat roll without an empty revolver.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of impossible achievements, anyone managed to do the "Kill 3 people in a single life while wallriding as Lucio" one? I have a feeling they made that before they nerfed his guns.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 1, 2016

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I'm guessing they will make McCrees stun duration scale inverse to health. More health? Less stun. Like above 400 health there's no stun would work. He would still gently caress flankers but not auto shred tanks

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Citrus posted:

I'm guessing they will make McCrees stun duration scale inverse to health. More health? Less stun. Like above 400 health there's no stun would work. He would still gently caress flankers but not auto shred tanks

Make it so it counts for all health in the radius it hits so we don't get flashbang->multikill fth.

Also lets you do sweet "I'll save youuuu" moves by jumping in front of a flashbang aimed for someone else, thus reducing its duration :getin:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Balance:
DVa needs a little buff, probably her walk speed while shooting
Zen needs more than 150 health
Lucio needs a small nerf to his passive healing
Give Widowmaker some scope sway or a longer charge time for a 1 hit body kill for gods sake
Roadhog needs slightly less range on his hook because I've seen some insane distance hooks through walls
Hanzo needs a nerf to his headshot hitboxes because holy poo poo he's filthy you don't even have to aim properly
McCree needs to be nerfed into the ground because he is a lovely character for lovely people who like to corner camp in rooms or bunny hop all the way behind teams and get free kills (I'd probably agree with just replacing his stun with a more powerful but escapable blind)

From my experience, DVa's issue is just a lack of sufficient kill power. Whenever I see a Dva as any class, my first reaction should not be "Oh man, a free headshot-baiting ultimate charge."

Zenyatta could definitely do with a health buff because he's just tissue paper as of right now. I know he has a skill that also makes people tissue paper but as of now his health does nothing but punish players for playing how his skillset would ordinarily encourage you to play.

Lucio is fine in my opinion, but it's hard to really tell when a support class focused on healing is "balanced" in any video game when they sacrifice their kill power for the kill power of others.

Widowmaker definitely needs a nerf not to make her so easy. I like playing as her but as of now she's just my win button if I decided I don't want the other team to have fun anymore.

Roadhog's hook range is fine but it definitely needs a fix for its clipping shenanigans, because I've been literally pulled through objects and floors before. Also maybe a less generous stun duration.

Hanzo's head hitboxes are downright silly and they should be tightened a bit. Aiming arrows is hard, sure, but they shouldn't try to make it downright easy.

McCree is okay in my opinion, but his stun mechanic needs to be changed into something that's actually fun to fight but equally rewarding for the McCree player. Dying because you lost the ability to control your character generally isn't very enjoyable or exciting.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 1, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr.Citrus posted:

too mathy

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
make Roadhog's hook stop doing weird clippy poo poo, but also please make it stop depositing genjis directly behind me

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So today I learned that Roadhog can hook Junkrat's riptire to himself. I am glad I discovered this while playing Junkrat. and not the other way around.

Also while I am a rambly so and so, I am still baffled by what causes salt sometimes. Our team loses moderately hard,enemy roadhog calls us fuckers. I ask him why he's so mad when he won, and he calls my phara a cheap fucker.

I think back to how 3/4 of my deaths were due to him hooking me out of the sky with robotic precision, between me filling him with more rockets than the history of NASA but rarely quite finishing him off.

I may be incredibly petty at times, but I'll never understand people angry at me when they WON, and were KICKING MY rear end :v:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

roadhog shrugging off bangs that leave tracer reeling feels very intuitive to me

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of impossible achievements, anyone managed to do the "Kill 3 people in a single life while wallriding as Lucio" one? I have a feeling they made that before they nerfed his guns.

I did it by accident in open beta and have had difficulty since. Good levels to do so Lijiang Tower: Control Center - it's really easy to stay up on the walls above the control point once you manage to get up there; Lijiang Tower: Night Market - both the inside pillar and the inside walls have opportunity to have a continuous wall-ride (more difficult than the other two suggestions, though); and Ilios: Well - the pit in the middle is extremely easy to maintain as Lucio, but you suffer the problem of being an easy target poking your head up above the ground. Probably the easiest way would be to do Ilios: Well in a custom game with either AI or a friend.

As it turns out you have to do it in quick or competitive play, so no custom games!

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 1, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Lady Naga posted:

What an odd thing to say.

thanks

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I use that Luci-Ohs spray because it reminds me of Booty-Os.

I used it for a while but every time I saw it I'd just get pissed that it was "Lucio-Ohs" instead of the much more obvious and elegant "Luci-Ohs"

Now I use his hollywood star spray

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

If they don't want D.Va to deal more damage, just give her unrestricted flight (and maybe the ability to shoot). She'd still be fun as hell without being too good at killing. It'd also help make her ult more reliable.

The pyro should have a jetpack

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly

DoubleDonut posted:

make Roadhog's hook stop doing weird clippy poo poo, but also please make it stop depositing genjis directly behind me

For real on the fuckin' Genji thing. Time to die, weabooooook he's just gone. Where did he go - oh he's over there now I guess.

V also yeah, that actually sounds pretty good!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mr.Citrus posted:

This has always been the solution I've had in my head. I think 300 would be a better number since everything reaper and below would be out of luck but a tank that's marginally wounded would still get off scot free.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I am middling-to-bad so Mcree is a pretty great character for me

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Just hit level 12, got this box:

I just started liking Junkrat, too. yay level 12? lol

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I am unsure about how I feel about Scarecrow Junkrat because on one hand it hides his gross "hit in the balls" face (good) but it also hides his "flying in the sky" face (bad).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I just now understand the genji instagib combo and god drat it feels great.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I've been McRightclicking to win all night and it feels great.

(gently caress McCree.)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Why do they hide the scoreboard but make win/loss public? I have stopped inviting my shittier friends to my stack because I don't want to tank my record.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Pretty much every complaint about Roadhog's hook being weird is explained by lag compensation. Or maybe that's just the excuse I'm used to from TF2.

nickhimself posted:

Just hit level 12, got this box:

I just started liking Junkrat, too. yay level 12? lol

Nice! You lucky bastard.

The first loot box I opened in the open beta had one of his Scarecrow skins in it. I didn't realize it was one of the rare ones, so I was very confused why there was a rare skin that was just an recolor of the one I just got.
I'm a little annoyed that I don't have it anymore but on the other hand I don't like it a lot.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kashuno posted:

I just now understand the genji instagib combo and god drat it feels great.

To all those people who do not suck with Genji. Is there a trick outside of experience for gauging when your dash will kill someone?

I think Genji is cool, but I am very aware of how much harder he is for me to use compared to other characters. At the very least I'm aware spread shot is A Thing, which has saved my rear end a few times when I bother trying him.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

fadam posted:

Why do they hide the scoreboard but make win/loss public? I have stopped inviting my shittier friends to my stack because I don't want to tank my record.

What's the lowest percentage that's allowed to play with you

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Buff: Every character gets a new ability that gives you a free kill if someone walks within 10m of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the lowest percentage that's allowed to play with you

Sub 50. As long as we win more than we lose we are gucci.