Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Is Battle.net down for anyone else? I can't seem to log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You guys are right, the gay character definitely isn't the butch dykey lesbian.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it's cool that Zarya's gay but her pink hair is just awful

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

fadam posted:

Nice slur.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Why do you think Hanzo had to kill his brother for his indolent hedonistic ways? There is a reason Genji commissioned that robot rear end to be fabulous.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Who tryna get into some trouble with me and The Hog later

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fadam posted:

Butch I could see in a really tortured "I don't actually know any butch lesbians" sort of way but Zarya is definitely someone who has mainlined so many Rocky 4 montages worth of steroids she probably sees other people as potential lifting buddies at the absolute most.

Reaper is clearly the gay one, with his "DEATH CUMS" schtick.

e: also if the iris is codespeak for robot buttholes then we're going places.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Broken Cog posted:

Do the points next to the achievements mean anything?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, nothing more than e-peen.

Actually, I believe they're credits, the ones you can use to get the cosmetic unlocks.

Theta Zero posted:

Hanzo's head hitboxes are downright silly and they should be tightened a bit. Aiming arrows is hard, sure, but they shouldn't try to make it downright easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xSKAsRxHE

(He uses the exact same hitboxes as other projectile weapons, he just does more damage than them.)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Butch I could see in a really tortured "I don't actually know any butch lesbians" sort of way but Zarya is definitely someone who has mainlined so many Rocky 4 montages worth of steroids she probably sees other people as potential lifting buddies at the absolute most.

Reaper is clearly the gay one, with his "DEATH CUMS" schtick.

e: also if the iris is codespeak for robot buttholes then we're going places.

There's no way they're making one of the black characters gay.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Onean posted:

(He uses the exact same hitboxes as other projectile weapons, he just does more damage than them.)

This is acutally the exact same logic behind TF2's huntsman and people complained endlessly there too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lady Naga posted:

Play with your friends Lady Naga and Assorted.

Someone would always be playing at 200 ping, unfortunately. Main reason why I don't play games with goons.

I'm trying very hard not to scream on chat right now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dias posted:

Someone would always be playing at 200 ping, unfortunately. Main reason why I don't play games with goons.

I'm trying very hard not to scream on chat right now.

It's okay me and my fanon lesbian will carry you to victory in our strong arms.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lady Naga posted:

This is acutally the exact same logic behind TF2's huntsman and people complained endlessly there too.

Huntsman uses the rocket hitbox

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the ultra nationalist russian is definitely the gay one

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

verbal enema posted:

Huntsman uses the rocket hitbox

Which is a projectile weapon, yes.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Onean posted:

Actually, I believe they're credits, the ones you can use to get the cosmetic unlocks.

For? All the unlocks are in-game currency. Not achievement points. They're no different from Blizzard's other games that use achievements and also have a point value assigned to them. Granted, some achievements grant you sprays (i.e. 20 kill streak achievement, using Roadhog's hook to interrupt an opposing player's ult, etc). But there is no cost associated from what I can see.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Daric posted:

Yes. No idea why

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lady Naga posted:

Which is a projectile weapon, yes.

thought that the rocket had the largest hitbox of a projectile though

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The gay one is obviously McRee. Cowboys are super gay, also my middle school cousin said his combo was gay.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

verbal enema posted:

thought that the rocket had the largest hitbox of a projectile though

quote:

Projectile collision detection does not use model-conforming hitboxes; instead, projectile hit detection relies on a single, large hitbox, also used for collisions with the map and other players, that completely encompass the player model, and does not vary based on the players class or state, except for crouching (for example, a standing Heavy has the same projectile hit detection as a running Scout, but different from a crouched one). The Pyro's particle-based flame attacks follow most projectile weapon mechanics.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Interesting night. Had a good comp on the attack, turned out to be 3 Roadhog + 3 Mercy on defense, and we couldn't even escape spawn.

Guy on team said to go Reaper, so 3 of us did and we just slaughtered them all the way to the end. Then defending on the same map against (most of) the same team two people picked Junkrat, so I said JUNKRAT PARTY! and everyone did. It was great.

We won, but alas, not with all Junkrats. One person swapped to Mercy right before the start, and another went for Roadhog revenge after the rest of us wiped on the attacker spawn. They tried a bunch of swaps; most effective might have been a Widowmaker and Soldier 76, but they just couldn't get to the second to last point.

I spent much of the rest of the night killing people with backline diving Lucio for wins.

e: oh one oddity with that - Roadhog landed a crazy hook around a door, but it pulled me into a corner instead of to him... so I just sat there in a corner for a few seconds with a chain on me while McCree walked up and fanned my rear end.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 1, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dias posted:

Oh God, it feels like I'm getting matched against premades 24/7 while my team couldn't hit the broad side of a fuckin' castle.

Can you actually tell when you're against a premade or is it just guessing

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Why is she a lesbian?

Uh, could you please not assign pronouns to people without asking them? Perhaps Zarya identifies as a Xir or a Xiself.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Daric posted:

Mine crashed mid game and my PS4 network. That was fun

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Uh, could you please not assign pronouns to people without asking them? Perhaps Zarya identifies as a Xir or a Xiself.

I don't get it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zorodius posted:

it's cool that Zarya's gay but her pink hair is just awful

Zarya's skins should just give her other neon hair colors instead of boring white snowsuits

Basically I just want all the skins in this game to be as bright and obnoxious as possible, I don't understand why anyone would by the soldier 76 skin that's "like the normal one, but with MORE BROWN.

unrelated: Why on earth does roadhog have a gun strapped to his back that he never actually uses

it's a totally different shape from his actual gun, too...

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 1, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That Goth skin line is just the most horrendous garbage in this game.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Zarya's skins should just give her other neon hair colors instead of boring white snowsuits

Basically I just want all the skins in this game to be as bright and obnoxious as possible, I don't understand why anyone would by the soldier 76 skin that's "like the normal one, but with MORE BROWN.

I really like 76's Space Vietnam skin, especially the new gun model.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JaySB posted:

Mine crashed mid game and my PS4 network. That was fun

I'm annoyed

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A few pages back but if you're having trouble with an opposing genji, pick Mei.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

unrelated: Why on earth does roadhog have a gun strapped to his back that he never actually uses

it's a totally different shape from his actual gun, too...

I thought that was a machete

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

It's really badass.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

hmm

no

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
does zarya have naturally pink hair

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Countblanc posted:

It's really badass.

It's really bad. rear end.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I never thought I was a good sniper, but then I headshot two people as soon as they walked out of spawn on Anubis. And that set the tone for the rest of the match.
...in my defense, they really shouldn't have stood still in my line of sight.

On the other hand, we (me and my 3 friends) got completely stonewalled on Hanamura. The opposing team was Bastion, Torbjorn, Symmetra, Reinhardt and two people who kept switch. We couldn't even get near the point. It was stupidly frustrating.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

General Morden posted:

It's a side effect of the experimental russian turbosteroids she's on, probably.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I think the problem with McCree's Flash is just how easy it is to use and how little counterplay there is but "don't stand anywhere remotely close to McCree when his flash is off cooldown." Compared to Mei, for example, most characters have the ability to get away before they are Frozen, and it takes a significant amount of time to be Frozen so your team can react to a Mei trying to flank, but a McCree trying to flank can do his job instantly while winning all 1v1 duels, on top of being good mid-range damage and having a really good Ult.

Really, McCree having both a really good tool for close-range damage and also a really good tool for enabling close-range combat is just silly and conflicting in the exact opposite way that D.Va is silly and conflicting. Heroes should have strengths that also have flaws so that teamwork is encouraged.

Mostly I'm just tired of playing McCreeWatch. I didn't think that anything could be less fun than BastionWatch, but man was I wrong...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Widowmaker's dress is a hundred times worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

General Morden posted:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's a side effect of the experimental russian turbosteroids she's on, probably.

A side effect of the ever constant Omnic Threat.