Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This expansion owns so far. I met Guybrush Threepwood and fought him in and insult battle then went on a thrilling journey to the bank.

Where can I get a Monster Stomach? I need it for my last armor upgrade and I don't seem to have one or anything I can extract it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Pwnstar posted:

This expansion owns so far. I met Guybrush Threepwood and fought him in and insult battle then went on a thrilling journey to the bank.

Where can I get a Monster Stomach? I need it for my last armor upgrade and I don't seem to have one or anything I can extract it from.

Ironically, it's only the second best Guybrush Threepwood reference to come out in a major release this month.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
So I'm guessing I'm supposed to be able to slide down this rope I found in an area that you don't to be able to return to after doing the'main thing'in it? Because I can only examine it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm i was missing the patch

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 1, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Moose-Alini posted:

I'm pretty sure I found most of my oils and potions in random peasant hovel boxes.

Right but they're all randomized loot and not fixed locations.

Need cash or recipes? Loot.

Otherwise you're not missing anything.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Fonzarelli posted:

I'm so crazy pissed off about the bug in one of the new DLC quests. I'm locked out of one of the major upgrade things if I can't finish this quest. I'd restart but I played like six hours yesterday.

What bug are you talking about?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

LLSix posted:

I just picked up this game. Any must have mods? Interface improvements?

Friendly HUD is essential but sadly not updated yet. Quest markers for map was updated today though, also real useful.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm doing the Wine Wars sidequest and I've got an optional objective "Search Vermentino for evidence of sabotage" Anyone know where exactly I should look? The sub-objective doesn't have a pointer or an area of interest like usual.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm kinda just doing my first playthrough after quitting awhile ago after finishing the baron. I want to do an alch build, is it just me or is endure pain a really bad skill. I tossed some points in it but going past the threshold just makes you lose vitality fast, kinda useless getting 20% more when it's gone pretty quickly!

anyone have a good alch build?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Man, the new DLC land mass is so gorgeous. There are some areas where I just stop and stare at how insanely colorful and beautiful the art direction is. It's such a nice changes from brown Velen Peasant Misery Simulator. CD Projekt is completely schooling Bethasda on how to make DLCs and RPGs in general. Fallout 4 is not even on the same level in terms of story, care and characters, the level of detail and love poured into this is just wonderful. The new quests are also a lot funnier than expected, don't forget to seek out the art curator in Beauclair for one amazing quest.

And my favorite Witcher scene is now an exasperated Geralt sitting on a bank bench....forever waiting.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Yen, you seemed kind of unpleasant at first blush, but underneath there's some charm and wit and a little bit of humanity. But...(Major plot spoilers, Skellige Islands)Using a dead man like a puppet is just plain hosed up. Like, you immediately decided that this was the best solution too, that was your immediate go-to plan, huh? Well okay then. Listen, it's been nice. Well, it's been kind of nice. You're not very nice. And you use black magic. And you've got a disdain for morality. Witchers hunt monsters, and she seems well on the path to becoming one herself.

Now she wants me to hurry on to some place and I wanna go hang out with Triss instead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LLSix posted:

I just picked up this game. Any must have mods? Interface improvements?

Infinite durability mod and maybe infinite weight. 2 things that are absolutely not fun to have. I swear to god Cyberpunk 2077 better not have them :argh:

I don't think either of the mods have been updated for Blood and Wine though.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well, Yen, you seemed kind of unpleasant at first blush, but underneath there's some charm and wit and a little bit of humanity. But...(Major plot spoilers, Skellige Islands)Using a dead man like a puppet is just plain hosed up. Like, you immediately decided that this was the best solution too, that was your immediate go-to plan, huh? Well okay then. Listen, it's been nice. Well, it's been kind of nice. You're not very nice. And you use black magic. And you've got a disdain for morality. Witchers hunt monsters, and she seems well on the path to becoming one herself.

Now she wants me to hurry on to some place and I wanna go hang out with Triss instead.

lol

There was no other option. It was that or nothing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

There was no other option. It was that or nothing.

Ehhh, I suppose, but still...it's a worrying line to toe so deeply.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Shannow posted:

So I'm guessing I'm supposed to be able to slide down this rope I found in an area that you don't to be able to return to after doing the'main thing'in it? Because I can only examine it.

Nope, Look for some protruding blocks in the walls in that area. One's too far away to hit with signs, so you need to use a bomb.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I get the feeling from Yen's comments and aura of disgust after she has done it that she has no desire to ever do it again. She figuratively ate a mouthful of maggots because it was the only way to save Ciri.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Helith posted:

I get the feeling from Yen's comments and aura of disgust after she has done it that she has no desire to ever do it again. She figuratively ate a mouthful of maggots because it was the only way to save Ciri.

She guards her emotions really well, she does seem visibly distraut by the whole thing--but to be honest, so was Geralt. I dunno, for a guy whose job it is eradicate curses and evil spirits and try to undo horrible things other people have done, it must be quite frustrating to help facilitate exactly the sort of behavior that continues to unleash horrors into the world. For all their good intentions, maybe wielders of magic really are doomed to just make the world a more twisted and unnatural place.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

8-Bit Scholar posted:

And she's the one who knows magic. She says its just a reanimated corpse, and he's not really being tormented.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

8-Bit Scholar posted:

She guards her emotions really well, she does seem visibly distraut by the whole thing--but to be honest, so was Geralt. I dunno, for a guy whose job it is eradicate curses and evil spirits and try to undo horrible things other people have done, it must be quite frustrating to help facilitate exactly the sort of behavior that continues to unleash horrors into the world. For all their good intentions, maybe wielders of magic really are doomed to just make the world a more twisted and unnatural place.

Welcome to the world of the Witcher.
All is shite.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Reminder that mages caused literally all the problems that happen in both the books and the games. Radovid did nothing wrong

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Helith posted:

Welcome to the world of the Witcher.
All is shite.

I like it a lot. :3:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

nozh posted:

I haven't seen anyone else mention it in praise of the game, but I love the way they use the camera for little things in cut scenes.

I notice it too. My other in-engine cutscene experiences in this genre were just "people stand around and gab at each other while the camera does whatever". Meanwhile, this game's camera makes things feel properly alive and cinematic, even the little scenes.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:siren: Hey, just an FYI, B&W came with some extras so look in your TW3 folder! :3:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ps4 version crashes to infinite loading screen if you beat the first B&W fight on horseback

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And she's the one who knows magic. She says its just a reanimated corpse, and he's not really being tormented.
Yeah...whatever helps her sleep at night.

That said, Yenn is awesome.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Deakul posted:

:siren: Hey, just an FYI, B&W came with some extras so look in your TW3 folder! :3:

Like what? I don't see anything except content and DLC folders containing game data files. I have it on GOG so I assume you're talking about steam.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

first scene after entering Toussaint before the monster fight skips the whole video if you try to advance a single line. i hate the inconsistency in how that works

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Ciaphas posted:

I'm just about to go into some lovely little cave with a "witch" to find some elf wizard or another, myself

I've rather completely lost track of the plot up to now, not knowing who the hell these people are (from not playing the previous games)and having a bad memory for names is making it rough

There's been a couple of similair posts over the last couple of pages, and man, maybe you'd be better served playing something other than an rpg that is famed for it's story and characters?? It's like playing COD and complaining about all the guns :confused:

Pretty much this :

Pellisworth posted:

Don't skip dialogue options and enjoy the writing and world-building. This is not a game that really rewards powergaming or hands you phat lootz, the payoff is in the incredibly well-done characters and storytelling.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Baiard posted:

Like what? I don't see anything except content and DLC folders containing game data files. I have it on GOG so I assume you're talking about steam.

New Comic (Killing Monsters). Some more wallpapers, concept art, and renders too.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Protip: If you're doing hearts of stone, buy the Professor's spectacles. While Geralt wears them, it adds an unbelievably douchey air to everything geralt says.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Bugblatter posted:

So BaW spoilers regarding the cursed tree ending: I guess I kind of botched things by forcing the witch to remove the curse. Do things end any better if you fix it yourself?

Also, since I can't do the tourney quest due to races being broken, do I need to worry about progressing to far in other quests and auto failing that one? Or can I play everything else and do that quest whenever it gets patched?

No, but there is another, better way. You need to (minor spoiler) read the storybook you were given. If you do that, (actual spoiler)you can learn that the witch will help someone who humbles themself, and you have the option to kneel and ask very politely for help. She will then tell you the way to put the girl's spirit to rest properly, as long as you continue being polite and agreeable.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

I made two updated mods of the files a Nexus modder made originally. It drove me nuts having the Medallion and HP bars auto hide.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blgbjm5b13h1o87/AADSWZ-e5g5XvkkCKxYy65u4a?dl=0

I've tested them on my setup with a few other mods. They probably won't work if your using something else that mods the files. One makes the Medallion and HP Bar always show. The other makes the Items always show.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

There's been a couple of similair posts over the last couple of pages, and man, maybe you'd be better served playing something other than an rpg that is famed for it's story and characters?? It's like playing COD and complaining about all the guns :confused:

I didn't say I didn't enjoy it--I do

I meant more like 'uh should I know how this Emperor guy and Geralt relate because I feel I'm missing something here' or 'who's this "witch" i just got a nice topless shot of and why is she OK with Geralt doing said leering' and most importantly so far 'who the gently caress is Yennefer', that sort of thing

Like yeah I get it's all in the glossary and all and there's enough contextual/implied hints to string me along, just commenting on how not having a head for names means it'll take a while for things to gel :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm thought someone was replying to me

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 1, 2016

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Haha fair enough then, as long as you're enjoying yourself :D

Geralt did lose his memory so just consider it roleplaying

e] Yea I was gonna get someone to link a synopsis of the previous 2 games then realised a huge name/story dump might not help you :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 1, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The combination of me being really bad with names, and not having played either preceding Witcher game--so starting this one pretty in media res--is specifically designed to gently caress with me, yeah

(ed) THough after that previous post I went and read the big "here's what you need to know" think on Kotaku linked in the OP here so I'm a bit more caught up as I sit down to play tonight~

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So the practice for the tournament horse riding was bugged but skipping right to the tournament without practice worked. That was a good quest with a good ending.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Only just started BaW and it's already a lot of fun. Just feel like a tit for blowing my thousand looted bandit swordshard-earned Witcher cash on that HoS smith. New sockets are good and all, but now I can't paint my new house :argh:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

hemophilia posted:

Protip: If you're doing hearts of stone, buy the Professor's spectacles. While Geralt wears them, it adds an unbelievably douchey air to everything geralt says.

They're the mvp item of blood and wine if you want to wear grandmaster cat armor, having them on disables the godawful hood

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yo this fat bald rear end in a top hat in Novigrad is like my favorite character. He's so smarmy and slimy and then all of a sudden he's trying to play matchmaker. He's like that inspector guy from Casablanca, but a criminal this time. Djikstra I think is how you spell it?

He ships Geralt and Triss like me <3

EDIT: Him and Geralt professing their love for each other just tickled me pink.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I love that guy more than almost anybody