Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm a huge fan of her inexplicably low-resolution tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I'm a huge fan of her inexplicably low-resolution tattoo.

That ain't the part of her body the modeler's were focused on.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
This problem should also be fixed with the introduction of more heroes so that there's less of a meta hero and, ideally, more options for playing around things. McCree seems to be a symptom of a larger problem, and that problem is Tracer's rear end.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Making the character who's constantly dying of a degenerative disease the canonically gay character would be pretty amazing even for Blizzard.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
does the omnic threat make you gay

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brannock posted:

Making the character who's constantly dying of a degenerative disease the canonically gay character would be pretty amazing even for Blizzard.

Who dat?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"five hundred turrets, hanzo can't hit the broad side of a barn"

<pick Widow, actualyl get picks but team doesn't fuckin move forward>

"WHY HANZO AND WIDOW WE LOST BECAUSE OF YOU"
ah gently caress off mate

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

fadam posted:

Who dat?

quote:

Reaper's cells simultaneously decay and regenerate at a hyper-accelerated rate.[2] Even after the complete destruction of his body, Reaper has been observed to retain some kind of form as a black mist, apparently able to regain physical form at a later point.[3]

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

General Morden posted:

does the omnic threat make you gay

It's code for the gay agenda.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

cock hero flux posted:

it's roadhog

look at his fabulous nails

Everyone in Mad Max is gay, Roadhog and Junkrat included.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Count Chocula posted:

Everyone in Mad Max is gay, Roadhog and Junkrat included.

Oh what a gay. What a lovely gay.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
It's more blatant in the first 2 movies.

Anyway OW is set in a glorious sci-fi future, so if I remember my 60s sci-fi right than everyone is bisexual, polyamorous, and high all the time.

McCree is really a Westworld android, right?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Goddamn do I wish that Overwatch was a single player game paced like a 70s sci-fi novel now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
McCree is the gay character, because he has AIDS.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

Goddamn do I wish that Overwatch was a single player game paced like a 70s sci-fi novel now.

Zenyatta is so New Wave sci-fi it hurts, and Roadhog and Junkrat are kinda Samuel Delaneyish. Tracer's probably based on one of those books too.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

For? All the unlocks are in-game currency. Not achievement points. They're no different from Blizzard's other games that use achievements and also have a point value assigned to them. Granted, some achievements grant you sprays (i.e. 20 kill streak achievement, using Roadhog's hook to interrupt an opposing player's ult, etc). But there is no cost associated from what I can see.

No, I mean I'm pretty sure the achievements give you the in-game currency, called credits, and not achievement points.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Like imagine the slowest possible game imaginable filled with the societal and sexual preferences of Blizzard employees, holy poo poo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Onean posted:

No, I mean I'm pretty sure the achievements give you the in-game currency, called credits, and not achievement points.

They do not do that, I can guarantee you.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

It's nothing like Overwatch, but Jazzpunk has that druggy scifi vibe.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Count Chocula posted:

It's nothing like Overwatch, but Jazzpunk has that druggy scifi vibe.

Jazzpunk unfortunately didn't play it straight though.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Lady Naga posted:

Jazzpunk unfortunately didn't play it straight though.

you're right

they played it gay

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Is there a thread for New Wave sci-fi in Book Barn? We should make one.
When I played Warcraft 3 I was amazed at how blatantly they ripped off Elric.

Just give me a Jerry Cornelius skin for Lucio.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

They do not do that, I can guarantee you.

Hmm, I guess I was seeing something else when it seemed like I got the credits from achievements. Oh well.

Modguy
Nov 9, 2012

Call of Cholula posted:

So should I get this for PC, Bone or PS4? Using mouse and keyboard either way (ximlord)

So youre playing on the PC then, because m/kb most certainly does not work on the PS4 with overwatch.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Modguy posted:

So youre playing on the PC then, because m/kb most certainly does not work on the PS4 with overwatch.

http://xim4.com

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Macaluso posted:

Widowmaker's gun should have a 98% chance to backfire and shoot herself in the face

Talon, in the process of brainwashing her, fitted an explosive collar to her. If she misses a shot her head explodes.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

PS4 is down, can't get into battle.net

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This game is astoundingly less fun in solo queue.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It took a bit but I finally got my first plays of the game in back-to-back rounds on Anubis. One with Symmetra (yeah) when a lit Tracer zipped into one of my deathballs right before Reinhardt/Mei tried to duck into the presumed safety of my sentry nest. Then on offense I picked up POTG as Mercy for rezzing three on the point and grabbing a couple def. assists in the process.

Symmetra's the best champ imo

e- ^I have played maybe 95% of my games in soloqueue and think it's great, maybe you should chill out

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didn't ask you anything, as far as I'm aware, have I?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Gonna reiterate the part about chilling out, you seem tense

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've been having a good night with Triage Combat Mercy.

Not a lot of Widowmakers expect to lose a longrange gunfight with a medic. And I wish I'd remembered to record the quietly understated Mercy potg that consisted, entirely, of me plinking a Pharah out of her barrage. She's now my most-played class.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, I get a premade with 3, 4 people every other game in solo queue nowadays, I can't even play as a ~~chill goon that has fun~~ because picking anything other than Soldier basically just gets me stuck in 3, 4v1 situations all game long if I try to play the objective. It's incredibly frustrating. Also people in LatAm have this stupid thing of just dropping the match if the team starts to lose, so all of a sudden you're playing 2, 3 people down.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I've been having a good night with Triage Combat Mercy.

Not a lot of Widowmakers expect to lose a longrange gunfight with a medic. And I wish I'd remembered to record the quietly understated Mercy potg that consisted, entirely, of me plinking a Pharah out of her barrage. She's now my most-played class.

The funniest part of Overwatch is chasing after a pubbie Mercy while reloading and missing all over the place but for some reason they won't pull out their pistol and just cap your 15 HP remaining rear end.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Picard Day posted:

The funniest part of Overwatch is chasing after a pubbie Mercy while reloading and missing all over the place but for some reason they won't pull out their pistol and just cap your 15 HP remaining rear end.

I think that's why so many pubbies are surprised when a Mercy does pull a gun out

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lady Naga posted:

It's Blizzard so we'll see at least two sequels and a spin-off. You may get your wish!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

So the weekly brawl (on PS4 at least) is Genji & Hanzo only, fast cool downs, Hanamura map only.

What sad, pathetic weaboo at Blizzard thought that would be appropriate for a week long special mode.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oneiros posted:

So the weekly brawl (on PS4 at least) is Genji & Hanzo only, fast cool downs, Hanamura map only.

What sad, pathetic weaboo at Blizzard thought that would be appropriate for a week long special mode.

Probably the one huffing corruption farts out of Metzen's impossibly-worn chair.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Dias posted:

This game is astoundingly less fun in solo queue.

I tend to just play Zarya in solo queue. It makes sense that she can carry the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I think that's why so many pubbies are surprised when a Mercy does pull a gun out

oh poo poo she can FIRE GUNS?

My favorite is still soloing close-ranged classes as Lúcio. Or Reinhardts. The number of stupid, rushing Reinhardts that miss on a charge and allow me to eat 50, 60% of their health before they can reestablish themselves is astounding. Although quite often those are on my team too, so it balances itself out.

Highlight of the night was a Rein rushing into a 4x1 in the ramp right after the checkpoint in Route 66, me going (as nicely as I could muster by then) "please protect the payload, don't rush people down", and the Rein getting on TOP of the payload and putting up a shield, at an angle where no one could really aim and be protected at the same time.

At least he took my advice, I suppose.

redweird posted:

I tend to just play Zarya in solo queue. It makes sense that she can carry the most.

I play Soldier because I find that what the team usually misses is damage and someone that can take down supports/turrets. I mean, nevermind me never playing in a team without at least one sniper or a Genji/Reaper, but...