Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

cool so I'm not the only one who noticed this. Everything became much more frustrating suddenly

I'm OKAY with losing every now and then but getting shut down completely by the other team isn't any fun at all. I kept getting gold medals too but it was just loss after loss

I'd like to think it's me making it farther enough in MMR where a lot of players are in premade groups because otherwise they'd get scrubbed because something needs to keep my spirits up lest I pick Mei and lock up my team on the spawn.

No, but really, I kinda think it's that, honestly. Also LatAm probably has a smaller playerbase anyway, I swear the overall online player here is "tryhardier" because you only spend the dime on a MP game if you're gonna stick with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dias posted:

I'd like to think it's me making it farther enough in MMR where a lot of players are in premade groups because otherwise they'd get scrubbed because something needs to keep my spirits up lest I pick Mei and lock up my team on the spawn.

No, but really, I kinda think it's that, honestly. Also LatAm probably has a smaller playerbase anyway, I swear the overall online player here is "tryhardier" because you only spend the dime on a MP game if you're gonna stick with it.

I think it's because nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a huehuehue/jajajajaja train. Not even native Portuguese or Spanish-dialect speakers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

I think it's because nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a huehuehue/jajajajaja train. Not even native Portuguese or Spanish-dialect speakers.

Attemps at communication, even polite communication, are met with "lol macaco brasileño 7x1" or "vai se fuder viado" so I suppose you're not wrong there.

I wish my friends were into games AND not broke sometimes. At least I can play with my brother and his friend occasionally, but they're having finals so right now my only option is to solo queue and pray.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Someone just mentioned this, but my success rate on Defense is so much higher than Offense because people can't loving group up. I've had tons of Defense game where my pubbie team plays coherently and holds the line like adults. Once I get to offense we'll hold one point for 4 minutes, get wiped, then the last two minutes of the game are people streaming out of the spawn point 1-by-1 trying to solo the entire enemy team.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
At first I was wondering why the gently caress someone would wanna run Double Mei of all things, until I noticed their names. And their skins:

Long story short, they carried our team pretty loving hard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Orange Crush Rush posted:

At first I was wondering why the gently caress someone would wanna run Double Mei of all things, until I noticed their names. And their skins:

Long story short, they carried our team pretty loving hard.

That is fuckin' awesome.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RE: pubbies straying into the meatgrinder by themselves on offense

I've found using the 'group together with me!' emote with some success, especially if I'm the tank or the healer. Obviously some people will continue slamming their dicks into the wall but occasionally you find that pubbie group that realizes that holy poo poo, maybe I should stick with my teammates and let the big tanky guy begin the skirmish.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
An issue that I've noticed with Anubis B (and Hollywood A) are tanky characters absolutely refusing to take the side routes and just pushing into death zones over and over until defense wins. Like, sure, you're the big tank, but you don't NEED to absorb all shots by standing right in the middle of the room until you die. Push thru the sides sometimes.

Junkrats are hell in a well-positioned team too. They don't need to aim to be a nuisance. If they CAN aim you're hosed². Junkrat/Symmetra against a bad team is a win on Defense.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really like the way that having no ammo pool puts neat twists on certain character archetypes, like how sometimes as Junkrat you can just stand in a doorway and shoot bombs down a hall constantly to make it really unappealing to go that way.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
getting a hyper aggressive Reinhardt PoTG is so nice

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
I was surfing the payload as Reinhardt the last 50m on King's Row. The enemy team was either dead or fighting my team, except for a Widowmaker and a Hanzo. They were both to my right, and instead of doing something intelligent, like moving over to the payload to stop it, or the Widowmaker grappling across to the other side to prevent me from just holding RMB in their direction, they both stood there impotently firing at my shield. Then we won.

Also had a cool one were the attacking team had a Widowmaker that kept camping way back. It was one of those who knows how to click on dudes effectively, but that doesn't really help your team to capture points. Eventually, they lost, and someone on their team went "man, widowmakers on attack are loving retarded" and the Widowmaker went all like "oh yeah? what's you k/d? i got gold in eliminations" or whatever, and got super salty when her team told her kills didn't really matter and that she had contributed nothing of value.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the secret to solo queue is to not care about winning or losing but play as well as you can under the circumstances

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i also killed their mercy like 6 times so fuckem done heal rein as mercy ur asking to be targeted

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Afraid of Audio posted:

the secret to solo queue is to not care about winning or losing but play as well as you can under the circumstances

Yeah, but sometimes "playing well" is getting wiped with 4 elims gold medal because every engagement is 1v3 even if you hang back and wait for a teammate. :smith:

It can be very frustrating. Maybe I should just play my poo poo classes and tank my winrate because who cares about winrate when 80% of your games are solo queue anyway.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dias posted:

Yeah, but sometimes "playing well" is getting wiped with 4 elims gold medal because every engagement is 1v3 even if you hang back and wait for a teammate. :smith:

It can be very frustrating. Maybe I should just play my poo poo classes and tank my winrate because who cares about winrate when 80% of your games are solo queue anyway.

embrace the void

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Afraid of Audio posted:

Do you just, like, wake up every morning and instead of drinking coffee shove your dick in the electric socket or something?

What the gently caress twists the soul of man to become drawn to such misery as though it were the finest ambrosia

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Afraid of Audio posted:

the secret to solo queue is to be really really drunk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Afraid of Audio posted:

embrace the void

Understood, I literally never pick Reaper and I should.

Also my Hanzo is a garbage fire.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

Do you just, like, wake up every morning and instead of drinking coffee shove your dick in the electric socket or something?

What the gently caress twists the soul of man to become drawn to such misery as though it were the finest ambrosia

it's a video game, i have fun playing the video game

yeah sure

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dias posted:

Also Hanzo is a garbage fire.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hanzo sucks except when Hanzo decides every arrow will hit me because sure dude.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

Guys I finally did it.

I got :potg: as Torg by just popping my ultimate while I was on my way back from respawning, and got a triple kill.

me too :hfive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_h2A_2MP6Y

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Someone just mentioned this, but my success rate on Defense is so much higher than Offense because people can't loving group up. I've had tons of Defense game where my pubbie team plays coherently and holds the line like adults. Once I get to offense we'll hold one point for 4 minutes, get wiped, then the last two minutes of the game are people streaming out of the spawn point 1-by-1 trying to solo the entire enemy team.

Yup, I noticed this too. I played with 3 friends, basically a small pre-made team. We dominated on defense, got our poo poo handed to us on offense, and had mixed success on koth maps. Our skill level is varied but we're all basically beginners so no one could really carry. Had tons of fun though.

I think solo queue is terrible right now because it's a week night. There's fewer people playing so you get matched up with bad people more often. Sorry you're having a rough time Dias.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Solumin posted:

I think solo queue is terrible right now because it's a week night. There's fewer people playing so you get matched up with bad people more often. Sorry you're having a rough time Dias.

Is fine, I'd just rather be salty here than in chat, hehe.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

I wish I could switch my brain to this mode but I just can't. It's just a game and I have no desire to become competitive in it, but I still care. It's less about the "victory" text and more about just having a lovely game. I certainly had more fun in the solo queue in Open beta.

That's also why I would want the "random hero" to be a permanent option available all the time. No thinking about team composition (it's going to be randomly better than in 90% of quick games anyway), you get what you get and you go with it. Fun and free of stress.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 1, 2016

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Solo queue is for playing Mei regardless of team composition or map

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
God I've had a lovely day. Dropped below 50% win rate. I think I might be the garbage pleb you guys are talking about. :sadface I wish I was as good at this game as I was at BF2.

Grammaton fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 1, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Shoot hanzos E ability at ppls feet and then they die,

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No joke people complain about McCree but if I could remove any hero from the game it would be Mei

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Hanzo is NOT garbage, and I can testify that if you keep playing every single game and burdening your team, eventually you too will learn where to throw arrows to get lucky and make people think you know what you're doing

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Shoot hanzos E ability at ppls feet and then they die,

Oh you're right, thanks :tipshat: What do I do the 9 seconds when waiting for cooldown? Need elite Hanzo tips.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

No joke people complain about McCree but if I could remove any hero from the game it would be Mei

mei: takes 1 second to freeze you, then headshots you if you dont have much hp
mccree: instantly stuns you, then either headshots you or let's be honest just right clicks a few times until your body is more lead than flesh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bolivar posted:

Oh you're right, thanks :tipshat: What do I do the 9 seconds when waiting for cooldown? Need elite Hanzo tips.

Kill steal from your Mei who has frozen someone

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Bolivar posted:

climb walls, shoot 7 or 8 arrows at Pharah to divert her rockets to you, saving your team from her harassment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Minrad posted:

mei: takes 1 second to freeze you, then headshots you if you dont have much hp
mccree: instantly stuns you, then either headshots you or let's be honest just right clicks a few times until your body is more lead than flesh

I never said she was OP just that I hate her

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mei gives you time to consider your flaws and all the mistakes you've made.

McCree just ends you.

I know which death I'd take.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
As I get higher rank I seem to be encountering more of the "LOL EZ" "GGNORE SCRUBS" type people. Not sure if I like the direction this is headed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
How to play Hanzo:

Spam arrows like it's going out of style. Press Q, enjoy POTG status.