Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

anthony patch posted:

The first halves of the OST and Audiobook will become available along with v1.0 on June 2nd. The latter halves will get posted as soon as they're finished, by July 1st at the latest.

Awesome. The only reason I asked is that Steam doesn't seem to think I own the soundtrack yet. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

anthony patch posted:

Keys will be in-game rebindable in the June 2nd release, and it's my understanding that Harry (programmer) has made it so that rebinding shouldn't be an issue regardless of having a non-US keyboard. If you do have any kind of issue just post in the technical thread and you'll typically hear back within a few hours. Harry's an extremely meticulous sort so I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't have this already addressed in some fashion.

That's great to hear. Another issue that has recently become a concern of mine is in Planetside 2, the / key is hardcoded to open a text input like (StartCommandText), a function which overwrites anything I manually bind to slash in the game.

I'm used to that being my reload button, though. This key function is stored in a file that the launcher verifies every time it opens, as a work-around I can modify the file every time between opening the launcher and starting the game. Recently the devs made a big announcement about cracking down on cheating and on people who modify files that the launcher verifies. The other option is using AutoHotkey to remap that poo poo myself for Planetside2, but that also leaves me open to false positives on cheating accusations because of all the things you can script AHK to do.

So I guess I'm just wondering how many keybinds you'll have that the user isn't meant to change :v:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

But does it vomit out guns?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm pretty excited for this, I played a couple dozen hours back several months ago and an hour or two a month ago-ish? Looking forward to see what it'll look like all polished up!

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Mordja posted:

I don't know how moddable this game is going to be, but that'd be a cool special ability, turning all the civilians within radius into infantry bent on attacking each other.

EDIT: I'm not asking how moddable it'll be or proposing it, I know Jockeys Inc has enough on their plate right now.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Mordja posted:

we'd joked about doing something like that. Definitely doable with the gibs / particle system we have in place, just might need to add a weapon mount point on the mouth or something.

But unfortunately we ain't got time for in-jokes and fun stuff, got a drat game to ship maaaaan.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I'm super stoked for the final release. This is one of my favorite games to mess around in when I have an hour to kill.

Congratulations guys, you're all awesome, and made a great game.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I'm super stoked for the final release. This is one of my favorite games to mess around in when I have an hour to kill.

Congratulations guys, you're all awesome, and made a great game.

:allears:

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
This weekend I intend to take mind altering substances and play brigador, I will report back in two days or so as to the results.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
When the game comes out, be sure to play a loadout with chem rockets and smoke launcher for maximum :okpos:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Eagerly awaiting the chance to drive my tank into as many kinds of explosive barrels by accident as possible come launch

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

anthony patch posted:

we ain't got time for in-jokes and fun stuff, got a drat game to ship maaaaan
You're a real American hero, Patch.:patriot:

Skyscraper fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 27, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I look forward to discovering how completely garbage I have become at this game compared to it's early builds.

Not helped by the fact I think the tiny Mongoose looks loving sweet.

PS: No matter what failings I have with the game I will always love you for making "Cloaked tank drive by crushings" a thing :allears:

Unless you made it so ramming and running people over removes cloak, in which case I will never forgive you.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Section Z posted:

Unless you made it so ramming and running people over removes cloak, in which case I will never forgive you.

We considered it, but it just made things less fun. So don't worry, your invisible road rage is still very much viable.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

anthony patch posted:

We considered it, but it just made things less fun. So don't worry, your invisible road rage is still very much viable.

Delightful. Now all I need is for idiotproof instructions on how to disable kamikaze enemies, and I will have the maximum funhaver edition of Brigador :buddy:

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
In other news, the Brigador book is now for sale on Amazon. We had a real writer with military experience pen it, and he's also a borderline psychopath (which he considers a compliment) so the book is good fun:

https://www.amazon.com/Brigador-Brad-Buckmaster-ebook/dp/B01G8UZZSW/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwozVKOkzz4

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
Git some heavy metal son, guns now shoot from their actual positions

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthony patch posted:

Git some heavy metal son, guns now shoot from their actual positions

badasssssss

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
If you ain't throwin' lead, you might as well be dead.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I wasn't sure about this game when it hit EA, it had style, it had chutzpah, but I wasn't sure if it had much else worth recommending.

I was goddamn wrong, buy this game.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Caved in and bought game, very fun.

Quick question though: I've been rebinding things from inside the cfg file with moderate success but I'm not managing to move the leftshift function to the right shift key. changing LEFTSHIFT in the cfg to rightshift or just shift didn't work.

Also, I really enjoy the recoil-less rifle weapon (Carlos) you get on the Killdozer, but so far it seems only the Buckmaster has the 'small' class mount to field that gun in freelance. Despite its lack of ostentation, I've been having a lot of success with it.

I'm awful at finding a use for the gatling mortar :negative:

Loving the Dragon tank. It's very truckasaurus.

Edit: Taking the Broodmare armed with the heavy MIRV siege howitzer and the caseless chaingun into Inner City/Long Yard crashes the game as soon as I get control. With other guns the level seems fine.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 29, 2016

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Psykmoe posted:

Caved in and bought game, very fun.

Quick question though: I've been rebinding things from inside the cfg file with moderate success but I'm not managing to move the leftshift function to the right shift key. changing LEFTSHIFT in the cfg to rightshift or just shift didn't work.

Also, I really enjoy the recoil-less rifle weapon (Carlos) you get on the Killdozer, but so far it seems only the Buckmaster has the 'small' class mount to field that gun in freelance. Despite its lack of ostentation, I've been having a lot of success with it.

I'm awful at finding a use for the gatling mortar :negative:

Loving the Dragon tank. It's very truckasaurus.

Edit: Taking the Broodmare armed with the heavy MIRV siege howitzer and the caseless chaingun into Inner City/Long Yard crashes the game as soon as I get control. With other guns the level seems fine.

-should just be RIGHTSHIFT but if that doesn't work we've got it fixed in the update that's going up on the 30th which includes the new UI I previewed earlier, so just wait a day and it'll be addressed.

-there'll be 15 vehicles as of tomorrow's update that use a small mount.

-artillery weapons are best when used with silent running or against the upcoming loyalist and spacer factions, as they have far more static spawns. Corvids on the other hand are more like a series of swarming beehives-- very hard to pin down sets of units by comparison. Otherwise, it's best used at choke points and in a fighting retreat.

-Dragon is best.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
Brigador pre-launch update is now live for anyone who owns the game. Check it out.

1st mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHTDJBpcC90

anthony patch fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 1, 2016

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

So much polish! It feels really good. Definitely some inconsistencies in loadout descriptions vs. what your machine is actually equipped with, but that's not a big deal right now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait, is there any difference between .99 and launch?

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Mordja posted:

I was really, really tempted to give it the ability, honestly.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Mordja posted:

Wait, is there any difference between .99 and launch?

Fractionally more polish and LORE entries. I am pleased to say most of the stealth editing that we'll likely do for a while on the game will largely be to blocks of text. The game part of the game has been solid for a while.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Captain Foo posted:

So much polish! It feels really good. Definitely some inconsistencies in loadout descriptions vs. what your machine is actually equipped with, but that's not a big deal right now.

Thanks! We will definitely work out the kinks in the text.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Captain Foo posted:

wait were there actually any mismatches in the story missions? If so please let me know about those.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I think you loving nailed it guys. Bravo!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthony patch posted:

wait were there actually any mismatches in the story missions? If so please let me know about those.

I just played the intro set of missions, and I noticed that the middle-click ability assigned and the one in the mission flavor text disagreed in a couple of cases (the hovercraft one said Camo but gave you EMP, for example).

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Captain Foo posted:

I just played the intro set of missions, and I noticed that the middle-click ability assigned and the one in the mission flavor text disagreed in a couple of cases (the hovercraft one said Camo but gave you EMP, for example).

ahh, yes, thanks. Will be fixed soon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Waaaaait a second, doesn't this mean they can just not pay me and my only recourse* is to say "Hey pay me", and they can be just all "nope" and I'm poo poo out of luck? :raise:

* Besides just, ya know, killing them like everyone else in my way

[edit] Not only is this contract a screw job, I'm paying them to read it. :v:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 1, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
The writing in this is some really good sci-fi corporate nonsense, yeah.

E: Reminding you to pay your taxes to the government you're overthrowing and Great Leader having an asterisk (admittedly not for the reason I thought but still great) are probably my favorite bits.

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 1, 2016

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

OTOMO LASER :haw:

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
The Otomo laser is wonderful. If you pulse it it just sweeps away whole crowds of infantry, and in focus mode it just wrecks anything.

Still, I've really been enjoying the Mongoose powersuit with the Carlos recoilless rifle and camo. The low health makes you play very carefully. The rifle has pretty high penetration rating so you can shoot through flimsier obstacles.

Do vehicles have inherent noise values? For example, on the Metal Health mission I had real trouble not kicking a beehive over anytime I picked a fight with the other vehicle options, but with the Mongoose I could make a stealth game of it and scurry through the woods to attack big vehicles from behind, or snipe a tank and then fade away with camo.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
They do indeed! Also Metal Health with the mongoose nearly gave me fits, but it captures the essence of the playstyle perfectly.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Psykmoe posted:

The Otomo laser is wonderful. If you pulse it it just sweeps away whole crowds of infantry, and in focus mode it just wrecks anything.

Still, I've really been enjoying the Mongoose powersuit with the Carlos recoilless rifle and camo. The low health makes you play very carefully. The rifle has pretty high penetration rating so you can shoot through flimsier obstacles.

Do vehicles have inherent noise values? For example, on the Metal Health mission I had real trouble not kicking a beehive over anytime I picked a fight with the other vehicle options, but with the Mongoose I could make a stealth game of it and scurry through the woods to attack big vehicles from behind, or snipe a tank and then fade away with camo.

Yes! Yes, all vehicles make noise. It used to be quite a bit more exaggerated, or you might say more realistic, but it was a lot less fun to see units react to you immediately on the other side of a wall, etc. You'll notice unaware units will start reacting if you walk up behind them in a Touro, for example. But yes the Mog and other small units benefit greatly from lower sound and visual profile.

Oh yeah, pro tip: the mongoose's crouch is not a crouch at all but extend-o legs, which will improve your range and allow you to temporarily shoot over cover you'd normally be blocked by, like semi truck trailers. Pop up, shoot, drop down and stealth away.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene
Maybe I'm wrong early impression is that I think people would be interested in a Mongoose (and other very small units)-only campaign map set :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I guess the real question is: are the Pantry Boy and Dave going to be in the release build? Only had a few minutes with the prerelease patch so I didn't look at the full vehicle roster

• Locked thread