Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Gantolandon posted:

Now we have three anarchists in Warsaw trying to blow up some unoccupied police cars...
In a shocking twist an extreme nationalist government rhetoric which turns a blind eye to violence and encourages intolerance brings insane people out of the woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

For more, check out nazi's with cats

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

By the way, those are actually Estonian troops from 20th Waffen-SS division, which eventually included all Estonians fighting the Soviets. Not just SS volunteers, but also conscripts, and even volunteers who had earlier joined the Finnish army to fight the Soviets explicitly not under German command. (They were later sent back as a term of the Finnish peace treaty). The backmost two men don't have SS insignias, and are probably conscripts.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Savchenko is back, folks. Also she apparently made a twitter account where she promises to keep killing Russians... while she was in prison.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

pigdog posted:

By the way, those are actually Estonian troops from 20th Waffen-SS division, which eventually included all Estonians fighting the Soviets. Not just SS volunteers, but also conscripts, and even volunteers who had earlier joined the Finnish army to fight the Soviets explicitly not under German command. (They were later sent back as a term of the Finnish peace treaty). The backmost two men don't have SS insignias, and are probably conscripts.

Is your point that balts were collaborators or that the Wehrmacht did nothing wrong?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Regardless of the politics and nationality of the perpetrators, I cannot support kitten grenading.

Unless the kitten was a real rear end in a top hat.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

slavatuvs posted:

Is your point that balts were collaborators or that the Wehrmacht did nothing wrong?
they probably didn't grenade the kitten. :unsmith:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm withholding judgment until someone produces the kitten alive and unarmed

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Flavahbeast posted:

That kitten was Hitler's familiar, and his soul jumped into it when he committed suicide. Currently it's wondering the earth, like Cain, sentenced to experience the infinity of human folly.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Heil Kitler.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

That kitten was Hitler's familiar, and his soul jumped into it when he committed suicide. Currently it's wondering the earth, like Cain, sentenced to experience the infinity of human folly.
Grant Morrison's newest comic sounds amazing.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Kittens are cute, but Putin wants to remind everyone he doesn't want American missiles in Romania or Poland, and he may just have to do something about it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-europe-shield-idUSKCN0YI2ER

quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday warned Romania and Poland they could find themselves in the sights of Russian rockets because they are hosting elements of a U.S. missile shield that Moscow considers a threat to its security.

Putin issued his starkest warning yet over the missile shield, saying that Moscow had stated repeatedly that it would have to take retaliatory steps but that Washington and its allies had ignored the warnings.

Earlier this month the U.S. military -- which says the shield is needed to protect from Iran, not threaten Russia -- switched on the Romanian part of the shield. Work is going ahead on another part of the shield, in Poland.

"If yesterday in those areas of Romania people simply did not know what it means to be in the cross-hairs, then today we will be forced to carry out certain measures to ensure our security," Putin told a joint news conference in Athens with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras.

"It will be the same case with Poland,"he said.

Putin did not specify what actions Russia would take, but he insisted that it was not making the first step, only responding to moves by Washington. "We won't take any action until we see rockets in areas that neighbor us."

He said the argument that the project was needed to defend against Iran made no sense because an international deal had been reached to curb Tehran's nuclear program. The missiles that will form the shield can easily reach Russian cities, he said.

CRIMEA ISSUE CLOSED

Putin sounded a defiant note over Crimea, the Ukrainian region which Russia annexed in 2014. Moscow said it was acting on the will of the Crimean people, who voted to join Russia, but Western governments say it was an illegal land grab.

"As far as Crimea is concerned, we consider this question is closed forever," Putin said. "Russia will not conduct any discussions with anyone on this subject."

The Russian leader also touched on relations with Turkey, which have been toxic since the Turkish military shot down a Russian fighter jet near the Syrian-Turkish border last November. Ankara said the plane strayed into Turkish airspace, an allegation Moscow denies.

Putin said he was ready to consider restoring relations with Ankara, but that would require a first step from Turkey, and so far there was no sign of that.

Putin was asked about the South Stream project, a planned gas pipeline from Russia that would have gone under the Black Sea to Bulgaria and onwards to southern Europe. Russia shelved the project after Bulgaria backed out.

He blamed the U.S. government and the European Commission, saying they had pressured Sofia to withdraw. But he said Russia was going ahead with an extension of its Nordstream pipeline in the Baltic, and he hoped no one would try to hinder that project.

Everything is the western homonazis fault. Why do you make me hurt you?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Flavahbeast posted:

How dare you try to abrogate that kitten's 2nd amendment rights? Obviously it needs to protect itself, just look at that photo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Kittens are cute, but Putin wants to remind everyone he doesn't want American missiles in Romania or Poland, and he may just have to do something about it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-europe-shield-idUSKCN0YI2ER

Everything is the western homonazis fault. Why do you make me hurt you?

Interesting to see that Romania is a neighbor of Russia. I guess Russia has annexed Moldova and just forgot to tell us about it?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
The art of reading Russian obituaries ( being gay in Russia )

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/07/o...33&kwp_1=334407

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Something something stopped clock.

quote:

New call in Poland to extradite Roman Polanski to US

Poland's justice minister says he will appeal against a decision not to extradite film director Roman Polanski to the US for statutory rape.

Zbigniew Ziobro, who is also Poland's prosecutor general, said he would make the appeal in the Supreme Court.

A judge rejected Polanski's extradition in October as "inadmissible".

The director, who lives in France, fled the US ahead of sentencing in 1978 after admitting having sex with a girl aged 13.

Polanski's victim, Samantha Geimer, described the ordeal of giving testimony against Polanski in an interview for the BBC's HARDTalk programme in 2013.

Polanski has French and Polish citizenship. France does not extradite its own citizens but the director occasionally visits Poland, attending a press event in Katowice just last week.

Swiss authorities turned down a US extradition warrant in 2010, after placing Polanski under house arrest for nine months.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

If they were serious, they would have waited until Polanski was in Poland for a visit and do a surprise round-up. All you're doing is just keeping him in France.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Young Freud posted:

If they were serious, they would have waited until Polanski was in Poland for a visit and do a surprise round-up. All you're doing is just keeping him in France.

They can't just round him up, the court decided not to extradite him and they have to appeal the case if they want to try again. Given the speed of Polish courts, waiting for Polanski to appear in Poland would be counterproductive.

They very much want to gently caress him over - he''s the darling of the liberal media and therefore one of Kaczyński's mortal enemies.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gantolandon posted:

They can't just round him up, the court decided not to extradite him and they have to appeal the case if they want to try again. Given the speed of Polish courts, waiting for Polanski to appear in Poland would be counterproductive.

They very much want to gently caress him over - he''s the darling of the liberal media and therefore one of Kaczyński's mortal enemies.

But it helps that he's also a legit piece of poo poo that should be in jail.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Young Freud posted:

But this way they get to look harsh and don't have to go through the bother and expense of actually capturing him and extraditing him. Much easier.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Stay strange, Eastern Europe

quote:

A vegan cafe in Tbilisi has appealed for public solidarity after being invaded by alleged ultra-nationalists wielding grilled meat and sausages.

More than a dozen men stormed into the Kiwi cafe in the Georgian capital on Sunday evening, the cafe said, shouting and throwing meat at patrons.

A brawl erupted but the attackers fled before police arrived.

The cafe has appealed for public support, saying it was no prank but a case of intimidation by neo-Nazis.

It said it was already the target of some local hostility due to its patrons' alternative lifestyles - "the way we look, music that we listen to, ideas we support, and the fact that we don't eat meat" and backing of causes such as rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.

I wish we had vegan gangs attacking normal bars with delicious grilled vegetables.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

AceRimmer posted:

Grant Morrison's newest comic sounds amazing.

I don't know if you were being ironic but I'd totally read it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nenonen posted:

I wish we had vegan gangs attacking normal bars with delicious grilled vegetables.
Not eating meat is against traditional [enter an Eastern European country here] values.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Its all part of the homofascist agenda. They get you used to eating gourd vegetables like cucumbers and eggplants instead of bloody red meat and BAM before you know it, you're bicycling down to the gay club to man your shift at the glory hole.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

A Pale Horse posted:

Its all part of the homofascist agenda. They get you used to eating gourd vegetables like cucumbers and eggplants instead of bloody red meat and BAM before you know it, you're bicycling down to the gay club to man your shift at the glory hole.

So they decided that dangling their sausages and wielding their meat in front of them is the right course of action.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nenonen posted:

On one hand I really think that is rude and lovely. On the other hand, this happens in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKGG-B-M1bY

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A Pale Horse posted:

Didn't work for me.

They didn't hire me because I never learned to ride a bicycle. :saddowns:

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

Well, there was this
http://englishrussia.com/2007/05/08/once-in-mcdonalds-2/

Although that was more in protest against capitalism than meat, but whatever. A bunch of them were probably vegan.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

woodenchicken posted:

Well, there was this

Although that was more in protest against capitalism than meat, but whatever. A bunch of them were probably vegan.

They were only trying to help with the restaurant's rat infestation :v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

woodenchicken posted:

A bunch of them were probably vegan.

A pretty safe bet!

"They are artists from an underground movement and have done it as the pure act of art."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

"They are artists from an underground movement and have done it as the pure act of art."

Somebody should go America all over their rear end!

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Somebody should go America all over their rear end!

Hey now, I'm not fan of modern or performance art either but shooting them to death with weapons clearly designed for military use seems a bit harsh, even for cat throwers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Pale Horse posted:

Hey now, I'm not fan of modern or performance art either but shooting them to death with weapons clearly designed for military use seems a bit harsh, even for cat throwers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGvI86t6czc

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Crowsbeak posted:

On one hand I really think that is rude and lovely. On the other hand, this happens in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKGG-B-M1bY

I love the face on the bearded guy with the beanie and the basket.

"For fucks sake Gary, not this poo poo again."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A Pale Horse posted:

Poor cats, it was probably traumatic. :(

Except for the inevitable one whose life dream it was to be hurled at furless monkey scum.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

woodenchicken posted:

Well, there was this

I love that only one person is looking up.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

A new video from the OSCE drone shows separatists receiving in coming fire, then returning fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBJHrKCBoo

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

A dangerous escalation on the Ukraine-Belarus border. Belarusian militia intervenes at about 1:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_eOvScy_k

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ringu0 posted:

A dangerous escalation on the Ukraine-Belarus border. Belarusian militia intervenes at about 1:10.

eastern European politics in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

ringu0 posted:

Poor militiaman looked so cheated. Stupid fence.