Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Lots of dad jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

This looks like a screenshot from The Wall. Hmm I wonder...

Goddammit.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

David Copperfield posted:

Does will to live count as a political opinion?

That depends, are you terminally ill or a fetus?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Concordat posted:

Artist just kept goin.
The artist certainly has the style down. That Dr. Droopbotnik :allears:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

That depends, are you terminally ill or a fetus?

That took me a quick second to get, but when I did, it was a shining moment.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

You mother fucker you went too far.

((Yes I know part of the reason Cap saying Hail Hydra is terrible is because Captain America was made by a proud jewish man.))

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

At first I thought Captain America being a secret Hydra agent was stupid and I still do; but this meme is amazing

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't know how much humanity I have left. I'm gonna get real weird with it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

At first I thought Captain America being a secret Hydra agent was stupid and I still do; but this meme is amazing

Basically the best thing Marvel has put out in a long time.

Charlie72
Apr 21, 2010

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

YOWZA

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Is this by the Faithmouse guy?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

"i’m gonna draw gay cereal mascots and no one can stop me"

"i got like 3 requests for this"

"nobody requested this but i drew it anyway"

"fake movie: Allison Janney as The Final Pam"

Mikedawson has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Jun 1, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Holy poo poo, QI fanart. I always knew it was out there intellectually, but to see it in front of me, and like this... :suicide:

I mean, no Jack Dee or Ronni Ancona? Has this person actually watched the show?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Best explanation I've seen about how this is gonna go down is that Red Skull got ahold of some powerful maguffin and used it to go back in time and gently caress with Cap's life and basically recruited him from back before his ideals were solidified/brainwashed him, whatever. So it's kind of a different Captain America since it's not the one we've been accustomed to, since the only reason he's like this is because someone's messing with his past. Like how everything went crazy in Flashpoint.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

RareAcumen posted:

Best explanation I've seen about how this is gonna go down is that Red Skull got ahold of some powerful maguffin and used it to go back in time and gently caress with Cap's life and basically recruited him from back before his ideals were solidified/brainwashed him, whatever. So it's kind of a different Captain America since it's not the one we've been accustomed to, since the only reason he's like this is because someone's messing with his past. Like how everything went crazy in Flashpoint.

That maguffin?

Professor X's brain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pulp rag posted:

That maguffin?

Professor X's brain.

I honestly do not know enough about comic backstory to this point aside from it being really really hosed up to make a character created by two Jewish cartoonists during WW2 a secret nazi so I can't tell if you're just making a joke or telling the truth. I did go and find the place I'm getting this info from so feel free to take a look at it if you want. They say a 'Cosmic Cube' instead of Professor X's brain which, just from the sound of it, is a really boring maguffin to hinge htings on.

http://theswampzombie.tumblr.com/post/144990894000/iz-clarifies-context-and-background-in

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Mikedawson posted:

"nobody requested this but i drew it anyway"

Thread title right there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How can this meme simultaneously have that much effort but still feel so lazy?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heath posted:

How can this meme simultaneously have that much effort but still feel so lazy?

I think it may be because the art the edits are coming from is kinda meh? I can't imagine why else that might be. I mean besides the gimme answer is that it's just 'What if good character...................were bad?!'

Forti
May 5, 2009

People getting really upset over an attempt to give a 70 year old character something new to do is really funny until you read the chilling letter the writers got sent by a guy basically saying they'd removed the only thing stopping him from becoming a mass murderer

You're right even when the art is good it feels lazy :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Forti posted:

You're right even when the art is good it feels lazy :v:
To be fair it is a really lazy plot twist. "And then we'll take this good guy and make him Eeevil! Aside from having been done a hundred times over, this specific set up is going to be hell to actually explain in a way that isn't completely stupid and chances are it's just going to wind up being X villain got Y cosmic power and did it which is very lazy and stupid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't care about comics, because I am not 14 anymore.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As an adult, I only care about video games.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Paladinus posted:

I don't care about comics, because I am not 14 anymore.

I've never read a Captain America comic and I know nothing about him but it seems ridiculous that people are freaking out over this because there's a 99% chance it will end up being some kind of double-double cross thing. Because it always is. Part of me thinks the rage-hype is manufactured, but then again maybe comic nerds really are petulant idiots who get angry at plot twists before they even get elaborated on.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Heath posted:

I've never read a Captain America comic and I know nothing about him but it seems ridiculous that people are freaking out over this because there's a 99% chance it will end up being some kind of double-double cross thing. Because it always is. Part of me thinks the rage-hype is manufactured, but then again maybe comic nerds really are petulant idiots who get angry at plot twists before they even get elaborated on.
literally everyone knows it's mind control/time manipulation/whatever and Marvel's going to have Cap break free of it and be a good guy again, including the people who are pissed off about it.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Nihilarian posted:

literally everyone knows it's mind control/time manipulation/whatever and Marvel's going to have Cap break free of it and be a good guy again, including the people who are pissed off about it.

I just don't know why this time is such a big deal considering they've been doing stunts like this for literally 50 years and still every time they manage to get the hype train rolling. People still get up in arms when they kill superheroes even though we all know they'll be alive again in a month

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The main issue is that for most of the time, Marvel treats Captain America as something they're not really supposed to mess with on a fundamental level, because he's America, essentially. They've taken away his powers, they've changed his name, his costume, etc, but they've never made him be Hydra before. Hell, when they killed Captain America he stayed dead for a while, it wasn't a one month thing like the many times they've killed off other characters like Spider-Man or Magneto.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heath posted:

Oh come off it, everyone knows it's going to be retconned eventually because it's Captain America and he's one of the big name heroes. People are annoyed because it's a lazy direction to take the character and also really bullshit as it's kinda just slinging mud in the faces of the people who made him in the first place.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kumaton posted:

Is this by the Faithmouse guy?

I don't see a pancake, which has become Dan Lacey's signature element, but it would not surprise me.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Glagha posted:

I just don't know why this time is such a big deal considering they've been doing stunts like this for literally 50 years and still every time they manage to get the hype train rolling. People still get up in arms when they kill superheroes even though we all know they'll be alive again in a month

1) The internet sustains and transmits outrage like never before.

2) Taking a character whose defining character trait is being the most decent human being who ever lived and pretending he's been a bad guy for his entire 70 year publication history is a particularly lazy and stupid PR stunt on par with the worst "Superman with guns" Dark Age wankery. Doing it by taking a character created by Jews for the express purpose of punching Adolf Hitler in the face and turning him into a Nazi adds "it's straight up offensive" to the list of reasons this is a bad idea.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RareAcumen posted:

it's kinda just slinging mud in the faces of the people who made him in the first place.

No, it's not. I doubt they'd care at all, unlike nerds.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm pretty sure that Joe Simon would be upset. Of course, he died almost 5 years ago at 98.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Stan Lee thinks its awesome, so if that's your moral point then better pack up that soapbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Maybe they can just change the series name to "Steve Rogers: Obersturmfuhrer Deutschland"

• Locked thread