Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Big warning to everyone, I found the source of a annoying bug in blood and wine.

IF YOU HAVE A HOUSE UPGRADE COOKING DON'T GO TO A SEPARATE AREA MAP

The upgrade will not actually be installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

Yennefer doesn't give enough of a poo poo about other people to try and be likable, but when it comes to those she actually cares about she tends to be determined and frighteningly direct in coming to their aid. Skellige's a prime example - she stomps in, tears up their land, defiles all their customs, and gives the finger to any protestors because Geralt and Ciri need help and Skellige is not Geralt or Ciri and therefore unimportant.

Well, Triss did undergo horrible fingernail torture to help Ciri--gently caress, to help Dandelion of all people. Plus she's basically the lead conductor of the sorceress underground railroad, which establishes at least a sense of virtue.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Triss is altruistic to a fault in Witcher 3, probably because she has some guilt issues to work out due to being unwillingly responsible for the mage pogroms going down after the events of the last game.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Connoisseur posted:

Only thing I think might've triggered this mess is that after general renovations my first project was a grindstone and armor table, during which I traveled to Velen and meditated the wait time there. Got completion messages in the HUD for those two finishing but never for the subsequent projects in Toussaint iirc, possibly because of compounding bugginess.

This is exactly what's causing it. We're working on a fix atm. No idea when it will be available, in the mean-time check with customer support for a workaround.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really need to get up to date on the previous games. Is there a generally reccomended LP?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Speaking of romance options. Yen is the right choice, always. Triss is hella annoying.

:hfive:

Triss is the Bioware waifu, Yen is for real men.

And now for Blood and Wine stuff: that epilogue ending :3:

Though I do wonder how it plays out if you got the bad ending where you die to crones. Or the ending where Ciri becomes a witcher. I would assume she wouldn't show up since it seems like it is just your romance option but who knows. I would hope that Dandelion shows up to live with you like an annoying bum if you picked both Triss and Yen for the romance option haha.

Blood and Wine was great. It did seem to have way too much exposition at the end rather than pacing it throughout the campaign, but that's a minor complaint. Cyberpunk 2077 where are you :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 1, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Geralt and Yen are like an old marriage that has its share of baggage. They should really either break up or get a couples therapy. But then they have a kink going on so the spark is still there and the family thing is still keeping them together. Triss is younger and a breath of fresh air but she's pretty naive and Geralt has to listen to her teenager talk and she's like Ciri's a bit older friend. Also come on, the romantic lighthouse poo poo is boring, it's no unicorn bdsm. Basically it's all pretty realistic imo, I wish we could just go with Keira.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I really need to get up to date on the previous games. Is there a generally reccomended LP?

I don't know about that, but W2 is considerably shorter than 3 if you want to play through it. Less than 20 hours if you just want to beeline through the main plot. Plus, you'll be able to carry over your save file for some important stuff in the third game.

I didn't like the gameplay anywhere near as much as 3, but the plot is great. I'm probably not doing a good job of convincing you to play it instead of watch a LP, am I?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm finishing up the first Witcher game, and maaaan, is it ever some bullshit that siding against the order when their leader is behind everyrthing still punishes you by forcing you to kill Siegfried. I know that the game was probably trying to go for shades of grey and ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES and how no one's 100% in the right, but making most of the big decisions in the game you can make have unsatisfying resolutions no matter what is super lame. It was bad enough that I was caught between two sides I don't particularly like and that trying to minimize bloodshed sort of forced me to side with the Squirrels, and it was even worse that the game's idea of a neutral path is constantly saying "That's none of my concern", but this is really over the top.

Oh no Siegfried, I can't explain that you're secretly working for the devil because I apparently chose sides when I said "I think a non murder solution to this hostage crisis exists". :rolleyes:

Oh well, hopefully the second game has actually good writing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:hfive:
Triss is the Bioware waifu, Yen is for real men.

For real.
Triss acts like an 18 y/o, still naive and not totally wrecked by life. Ten has seen some poo poo, just like Geralt have.

Those two bitter and cynical misanthropes are a great couple together. Plus they already act as an old married couple together.

My biggest disappointment is W3's main story was actually the fact that Yen gets very little screen time before Skellige.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Yen is an emotional and borderline physical abuser and Triss is a shallow manipulator.

Choose neither, choose Shani.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

8-Bit Scholar posted:

ChristopherOdd has good ones. I use it for when I need to check something in previous games because he's very very thorough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?ChristopherOdd

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Charles Get-Out posted:

Yen is an emotional and borderline physical abuser and Triss is a shallow manipulator.

Choose neither, choose Shani.

Shani has an accent that can't decide what part of the hemisphere it wants to stay in and that drives me nuts.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shani doesn't want Geralt. Such is life.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Palpek posted:

Shani doesn't want Geralt. Such is life.

She does, just not permanently, and Geralt seems fine with this. Not everything needs to be undying love forever and that's why my Geralt had a great fling with Shani and kicked Yen and Triss to the curb.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Umm somehow I've permanently lost the ability to lock-on to enemies on ps4? clicking R does nothing anymore even after restarting, reloading, switching controllers etc. Anyone else had this issue?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Charles Get-Out posted:

She does, just not permanently, and Geralt seems fine with this. Not everything needs to be undying love forever and that's why my Geralt had a great fling with Shani and kicked Yen and Triss to the curb.

She needs someone who's not a manchild

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

She needs someone who's not a manchild

Ha! That's very true.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Something not B&W related. After the battle at Kaer Morhen, I invited Letho to stay and he accepted. Except now I can't find him anywhere. I found Keira easily but Letho isn't in or around the actual keep. Where is he? Is he off fighting bears or something?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So someone was saying the one thing they wish that The Witcher 3 had after the big patch\B&W release was that they could transfer their gog version to Steam. I went, 'pfft that'll never happen', then, days later:

GOG Connect

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That only transfers from steam to gog though.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

voltron lion force posted:

That only transfers from steam to gog though.

Well, poo poo. Teaches me to post directly after getting up for a night shift.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So after installing patch 1.21 and travelling to toussel (?) my framerates absolutely tanked, into the 1 digit area. Reloading previous saves at different places does nothing, it is completely unplayable.

Anybody got any tips? Drivers are at latest and the game ran fine until I switched maps.

Matt141
May 3, 2012

BNW spotted wight quest spoilers The hearts of stone theme sent shivers down my spine when it started playing, reminded me how good of a character O'Dimm was.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
All of a sudden the game won't detect my Logitech 360-style controller anymore on PC. Does anyone know what causes that? I don't want to switch to keyboard.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

bog savant posted:

Umm somehow I've permanently lost the ability to lock-on to enemies on ps4? clicking R does nothing anymore even after restarting, reloading, switching controllers etc. Anyone else had this issue?

Yep, same issue on my PS4. Haven't found a fix yet, but it's not just you.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im trying to make a quen build like the bear armor is trying to rail road me into but it just doesn't gain enough from the set bonus to actually be useful other than refreshing it 1/3 times. Anyones gotten a build that works with it? Should have done a different set.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Son of Rodney posted:

So after installing patch 1.21 and travelling to toussel (?) my framerates absolutely tanked, into the 1 digit area. Reloading previous saves at different places does nothing, it is completely unplayable.

Anybody got any tips? Drivers are at latest and the game ran fine until I switched maps.

Check your video settings - the patch reset my config.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So fast travelling to Velen can gently caress up the renovations to the wineyard and make them invisible/not working, reloaded a save before i went to Velen and it's all fine. Does anyone know if it's a bug that happens if you travel to Velen AT ALL or just while renovations are under way?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

banks are the worst

Noirex
May 30, 2006

The Lady Vivienne Tourney quest seems very buggy. I can't aim/shoot my crossbow and my horse keeps freezing at the race. Had to move on and hope for bug fixes soon.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Is there any way to switch around armour skins/stats? The grandmaster griffin gear works really well for my build, but I think it looks a bit shite.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Bryter posted:

Is there any way to switch around armour skins/stats? The grandmaster griffin gear works really well for my build, but I think it looks a bit shite.

I am considering making a mod to change what it looks like. Got the tools, just need to read up on the tutorials.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Ack, forgot that upgrading armour gets rid of runes. Now I'm broke again :(

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Man, I even tried reinstalling the game and my gamepad still doesn't function. It seems like I'm totally borked.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Folks that are playing like me (Death March, Ursine Gear, Alchemy spec) what are your go-to potions for every fight? In addition to the usual suggestions for specific monsters in the Bestiary, of course.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Could that assassin in the final cutscene really not have waited like half an hour until Geralt was out of town?

libersyber
Jan 15, 2009
Has anyone had serious issues with Blood & Wine quest called Extreme Cosplay? Probably one of the early ones - starts with some dude tending to a guy bleeding out on the side of the road, next to some mansion, which is investigated later.
Turns out people in the mansion were reenacting some historical scene, which caused the statues in the mansion to come alive and attack the reenactors. I keep getting destroyed by the statues, they keep zapping me with fireballs and thunderbolts.It honestly seems to be one of the toughest or the toughest fight that I've ever seen in base W3 or HoS? Any tips?

libersyber fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 1, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pyrotek posted:

I don't know about that, but W2 is considerably shorter than 3 if you want to play through it. Less than 20 hours if you just want to beeline through the main plot. Plus, you'll be able to carry over your save file for some important stuff in the third game.

I didn't like the gameplay anywhere near as much as 3, but the plot is great. I'm probably not doing a good job of convincing you to play it instead of watch a LP, am I?

I'm a console player, so I don't think I can play Witcher 1 or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm a console player, so I don't think I can play Witcher 1 or 2.

Do you have an X360?