Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

War Eagle posted:

As always, our morale is ~waning~.

But honestly, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves tremendously right now. The folks who aren't interested in fighting in fleets have spread out some, Hole Squad and Miniluv are full with new pilots, there are several hundred Neutral PI alts harvesting and combining planet goo in low and high sec space, more people doing exploration than ever before, and people off in different places ratting if that's their thing. Of course there are a ton of people still just sitting in Saranen and jumping in fleets when they form, and I haven't heard any big complaints there. There are the usual internal arguments about fittings and fleet compositions, but nothing too serious.

I think most of us have bought into the idea that we're not going to win the war by being the bigger blob, that's pretty obvious when we form 600 guys in hurricanes and battleships, and the CFC 2.0 brings 1200 to the fight. So we're content killing what we can and waiting for everyone to float away, either due to infighting or boredom. If it were even numbers then I think people would be grumbling, but as it stands leadership has been pretty clear about our situation, we see it for ourselves when we join fleets, and we still get to go out for decent fights without going 30 jumps.

see? dropping your sov and shedding your 40,000 blues isn't only fun for everyone else, it's fun for you too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Dalael posted:

:aaaaa:

Please tell me you have a link to this. I definitely want to read this.

It's posted in zulu's forum and although I've been told off for reposting it elsewhere before, dirk has been reposting stuff from here I thought "what the hell" and foolishly visited the zulu forums from a work computer:

"Access Denied
The http://f...c106 has been deemed by your administrator to be unsafe or unsuitable for you to access. The resource has been blocked. No further action is required.

Reason: Reputation-Viruses"

Edit: "No further action is required" doesn't count answering the email from some jumped-up 1st-line support tech from IT demanding to know what the gently caress I thought I was doing. A tricky one to answer since I went there half expecting to be blocked.

2nd Edit: broke the link because what was I thinking.

Endie fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 1, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
could you not relink that suspected virus please

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

A harsh assessment of the zulu forums.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

frozenpussy posted:

Yeah I broke it but maybe I should remove it...

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I already have enough odd behavior in my browser from the 12 cookies from goonfleet.com

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
morale depends on whether we find something cheaper than the Rifter to mess with Incest Coalition

I don't want to make this about any single entity because it's about all of them. When you go 1:1 with Rifters it's really hard to be concerned.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

frozenpussy posted:

I already have enough odd behavior in my browser from the 12 cookies from goonfleet.com

Maybe you should quit using Netscape navigator if your browser can't handle basic functions

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

vyst posted:

Maybe you should quit using Netscape navigator if your browser can't handle basic functions

yeah but bonzi buddy only works in netscape and hes just too cute to give up

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

frozenpussy posted:

morale depends on whether we find something cheaper than the Rifter to mess with Incest Coalition

I don't want to make this about any single entity because it's about all of them. When you go 1:1 with Rifters it's really hard to be concerned.

it's weird how fast the premier space coalition fell apart

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

we still won't let you back in ordo

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

premier space coalition is a big compliment thanks man

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

not fast enough

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I knew the end times were near when bat country left.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Wait, why are people suddenly taking jabs at our morale? Could it be because everyone knows that you can push a certain someone around with Rifters now?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

Wait, why are people suddenly taking jabs at our morale? Could it be because everyone knows that you can push a certain someone around with Rifters now?

Because Goonswarm Federation is a threat, especially a Goonswarm Federation not tied down or locked into any space or area. Its like a 2x PL minus Ncdots supers and 3x the subcap numbers.

So they gotta keep the coalition going and keep hammering the propaganda and awful memes. I dont think any of them have realized how badly they hosed up yet.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

frozenpussy posted:

ordo has been trying the same tack for months

he's not very good at it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Orange Red Bull posted:

Because Goonswarm Federation is a threat, especially a Goonswarm Federation not tied down or locked into any space or area. Its like a 2x PL minus Ncdots supers and 3x the subcap numbers.

So they gotta keep the coalition going and keep hammering the propaganda and awful memes. I dont think any of them have realized how badly they hosed up yet.

this could in theory be true except for the whole "insanely lazy" part of reality

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

this could in theory be true except for the whole "insanely lazy" part of reality

They have awakened a sleeping giant. Unfortunately the giant rolled onto its side and covered its face with a pillow.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Well yeah but before everyone knew goons were in deklein and that super fleet was gonna be in deklein forever because of phoebe.

Now, whenever and wherever PL goes to do a thing their first thought has to be: where are goons and what are they doing? Are they near? Can they get near? What wormholes are around, etc.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

War Eagle posted:

They have awakened a sleeping giant. Unfortunately the giant rolled onto its side and covered its face with a pillow.

and then farted :gas:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

the goon menace must be removed at all costs

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I've been consistent in my opinion that The Goon Will Rise Again but posting a "freed from the chains of sov we are more dangerous than ever" requires a healthy dressing of irony to work.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Endie posted:

I've been consistent in my opinion that The Goon Will Rise Again but posting a "freed from the chains of sov we are more dangerous than ever" requires a healthy dressing of irony to work.

I agree that theres not enough tryhards in GSF to make being mobile a thing but theres also very little advantages and tons of liabilities to owning sov right about now.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

almost. Taking the fights we want is apparently very easy and winning, and I think the biggest decision we're facing is how much we want to commit to ridiculous structures out in that one area, what's it called. Null sec

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
If we weren't tryhard enough to keep a running wormhole terror highway when we had an entire region of entry points then I doubt we'll pull it off now. Didn't PL have a bunch of dudes who would just poopsock chains all day long + Hard Knocks?

Landsknecht posted:

How is morale inside GSF? In one way, it must be nice to have content on your doorstep, but it would suck if you wanted to do anything besides flying frigs, caracals, and hurricanes

When the return of Harpy fleet was announced there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth

from Clay Hakaari

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Glory of Arioch posted:

the goon menace must be removed at all costs

Unfortunately it's very heavy and covered in cheeto dust, and nobody really wants to do the work to roll it outside. They can't tell if the smell is natural or a result of the rotting carcass.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

frozenpussy posted:

almost. Taking the fights we want is apparently very easy and winning, and I think the biggest decision we're facing is how much we want to commit to ridiculous structures out in that one area, what's it called. Null sec

nullsec probably isn't worth owning in it's current iteration

if sov was a requirement for moneymoons that might change, but that'll likely never happen

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Landsknecht posted:

if sov was a requirement for moneymoons that might change, but that'll likely never happen

I think the more likely scenario is that sov will affect Citadels in some way that actually matters, such as only being able to place citadels in systems where you have sov, and/or ADMs decaying more slowly depending o nthe number of citadels in a system.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

War Eagle posted:

I think the more likely scenario is that sov will affect Citadels in some way that actually matters, such as only being able to place citadels in systems where you have sov, and/or ADMs decaying more slowly depending o nthe number of citadels in a system.

That would put using them in High or Lowsec right out the window and seems unnecessarily complicated.

They just need at add more ways to develop Sov Null beyond just throwing a few ihub upgrades to ratting and mining then calling it a day. AFK ratting is easy money, but even the most invested multi-boxing carrier ratter would tell you it's not entertaining in the least.

e: Of course, they first need to take this Sov iteration out back and shoot it; it's so easy to take space, and so little impetus to engage with people attacking it, that the prevailing meta is cloaking up and loving off if someone shows up to mess with you.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 1, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

nigga crab pollock posted:

its not easier but you make a shitload more money and its a lot less obtuse and apocryphal to theorycraft than sifting through missions or escalations

Yeah, but at the same time your investing a lot of money into a dangerous environment. There's no local and your pay off isn't immediate. Although right now in HS the system we have set up does make things much more convenient than they normally would be. All in all my opinion of w-space money making is when they introduce "active" moon mining they should bring it to w-space and buff C4's so they are no longer the bastard child of high class wormholes.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

Sov has always been worth having. Even back when there was no sov system and it was just brawling until one side gave up and left the region it still was worth claiming space. We've just gone back to a state similar to release where the player base actually has to enforce their will upon the region they live in. Nullsec has had it on easy street for half a decade now.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i have some bad news about these

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

YouTuber posted:

Sov has always been worth having. Even back when there was no sov system and it was just brawling until one side gave up and left the region it still was worth claiming space. We've just gone back to a state similar to release where the player base actually has to enforce their will upon the region they live in. Nullsec has had it on easy street for half a decade now.

this is why systems in pure blind went unclaimed for upwards of a week in some cases until ncdot finally waddled down there to drop TCUs, and why only a quarter of pure blind has ihubs at all

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys i figured it out: space is worth having when you or your proxies have some, if you dont have any then its useless :eng101:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
Cap rats have nerfed AFK ratting though, and any ratting, even in carriers, isn't as good as WH or HS Incursion money

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah if and or when i ever came back to eve i could not and would not rat unless i could do it afk. Active PVE in eve is just way too poo poo.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Venom Snake posted:

Yeah, but at the same time your investing a lot of money into a dangerous environment. There's no local and your pay off isn't immediate. Although right now in HS the system we have set up does make things much more convenient than they normally would be. All in all my opinion of w-space money making is when they introduce "active" moon mining they should bring it to w-space and buff C4's so they are no longer the bastard child of high class wormholes.

Incidentally, Hole Squad on that former blue shooting poo poo.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54361497/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54361500/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
concept video I made just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAuPG0PxtJw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

rip boney