Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sigma-X posted:

I'm pretty sure those numbers are in thousands of dollars, in other words, the 25m at the top is actually $250m

Their total revenues are 4bn. You never see financial statements presented in tens like that though. It's super confusing.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

rabidsquid posted:

I hope you have a good time. Is Magic Duels on there or is it something else

I think so, yeah. The free to play one with short "campaigns" and stuff. I didn't play it for very long.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

just rust posted:

Maze's End turbo fog was hella fun. So many opponents were impressed with the deck (whether I won or not.) It was funny that you could actually have your opponent in suspense playing fogs and activating your Maze's End. It was a very inefficient clock but a less insufferable one than trying to outlast your opponent with Elixir of Immortality or something like that.

So who here has tried to play Maze's End in modern and how bad was it?

I lost a modern set to Mazes End but that was before modern was very big so I was still trying to basically play with a bad standard deck with borrowed fetches and thragtusks.

It seemed ok, but I'm sure it was bad them and worse now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/legacy-gauntlet-2016-06-01

i guess we all knew this was coming, i'm pretty into it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
tho it is hilariously mean to give people who might have never played legacy a deck like storm or lands

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm super down to play these until I come across a miracles player whom I will tie with 0-0-1, or until I am given that actually disgustingly bad lands build.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Holy poo poo Painter Stone!

:getin:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like that after the argument about having loaner decks for MTGO and a possible subscription-based service, everyone gets really excited about the gauntlet events. :allears:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm super down to play these until I come across a miracles player whom I will tie with 0-0-1, or until I am given that actually disgustingly bad lands build.

im the no hymn shardless list

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Doesn't Death and Taxes also play 4 Vryn Wingmares for Thalia 5-8?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ThePeavstenator posted:

Doesn't Death and Taxes also play 4 Vryn Wingmares for Thalia 5-8?

Yeah, most lists nowadays do. Though not all.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 1, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

That painter stone deck has me salivating at the fact I wouldn't need Imperial Recruiters.

The problem is Volcanic Islands.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Skyl3lazer posted:

How does a miracle player force a draw in MTGO? In chess clock magic if a player goes to time, they lose.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

New favorite magic card, new favorite mechanic.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/media-promos/birds-of-paradise

My friend said he wanted one of my 30 promo bops (I collect the things) and I looked up their price. Oh #mtgfinance :3:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

My friend said he wanted one of my 30 promo bops (I collect the things) and I looked up their price. Oh #mtgfinance :3:

Okay now actually look at the price people go by for literally everything for some stupid reason.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

That looks about the same as TCG Mid. In any case, I'm assuming Chill la Chill was referring to the probably-#mtgfinance-related shenanigans that happened on April 21.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Devor posted:

How does a miracle player force a draw in MTGO? In chess clock magic if a player goes to time, they lose.

That's the Miracle.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

I know why the caged bird of paradise sings.

it's because someone is willing to shell out $29 for one of these motherfuckers

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Madmarker posted:

Discarding a second copy of a card to itself (at least that's what I think is going on :psyduck:) makes me wish Grandeur was used outside of Future Sight. When Wizards said that Theros was going to have a Legendary subtheme I thought it might come back, but alas.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Discarding a second copy of a card to itself (at least that's what I think is going on :psyduck:) makes me wish Grandeur was used outside of Future Sight. When Wizards said that Theros was going to have a Legendary subtheme I thought it might come back, but alas.

I think Grandeur is one of those mechanics that looks like it solves a problem with cards (what to do with extra legendary cards in your hand) but is unappealing to players on a feeling level (i dont wanna discard this cool legend wtf).

Which is a shame because Grandeur is great. And the flavor even worked really well on Tarox Bladewing at least, and Korlash to an extent. Also I think those were the actual playable grandeur cards :v:.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I just want to know what a divinitacter is

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zoness posted:

I think Grandeur is one of those mechanics that looks like it solves a problem with cards (what to do with extra legendary cards in your hand) but is unappealing to players on a feeling level (i dont wanna discard this cool legend wtf).

Which is a shame because Grandeur is great. And the flavor even worked really well on Tarox Bladewing at least, and Korlash to an extent. Also I think those were the actual playable grandeur cards :v:.

Well Korlash was good at least

Also, I think the rise of edh is another contributing factor, since grandeur is useless in that format.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Give grandeur legends a relentless rats style clause for EDH. Boom problem solved

If I found a metal album with either korlash art on it, I would buy it on principle.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Molybdenum posted:

Give grandeur legends a relentless rats style clause for EDH. Boom problem solved

If I found a metal album with either korlash art on it, I would buy it on principle.

Heir to Blackblade seems like a pretty metal band name.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Zoness posted:

I know why the caged bird of paradise sings.

it's because someone is willing to shell out $29 for one of these motherfuckers

They are v pretty, it's true. I have all the different languages it's available in and I traded for them whenever I saw them because it only cost $15.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Madmarker posted:

I just want to know what a divinitacter is

It's a card marker that denotes that the card has tromple and mointainspalk.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Madmarker posted:

Finally, a non limited playable card

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zemyla posted:

This Nekusar deck which fills your opponent's hands, then smashes them in the face with their own hands. "Not the cards! NOT THE CARDS! AAAAAAH! THEY'RE IN MY EYES!"

You have shamed yourself in the eyes of IRC Crew. Literally worse than Dickeye.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

This card would actually be interesting tech in Omnitell since you will always win the Release the Ants clash with it. Not to mention it autokills with Erratic Explosion, which is neat,

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Toshimo posted:

I don't see a problem with that post

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

80s James Hetfield posted:

How can you target an attacking creature with a Sorcery?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

By casting quicken.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Quicken :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zoness posted:

Grandeur is a sweet mechanic because it's like your legendary creature using a super power

In other words it's Overwatch Ults :D

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Grandeur is a sweet mechanic because it's like your legendary creature using a super power

In other words it's Overwatch Ults :D

magic needs plays of the game

Plays of the game:

Miracles player spinning top for 2 minutes
Standard player hitting 2 creatures with collected company
Modern player assembling natural tron

request: someone take bonfiregif and set that to the overwatch play of the game music please

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Toshimo posted:

I'm glad to be part of this lovely idiot nerd cabal that cares about what people play in the bad format EDH.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

Leyline of Anticipation

black potus posted:

I'm glad to be part of this lovely idiot nerd cabal that cares about what people play in the bad format EDH.

Do people un-ironically still post in IRC?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
On the discussion of coolest decks, back when Onslaught Block was new I went to GenCon and played in an event called Block Party. You had to play a block deck but could pick any block.

My 13 year old self predicted everyone would be on Goblins and Madness so I sleeved up Humility - Orim's Prayer combo and went undefeated. The highlight was casting reins of power to swing for lethal after a madness opponent ray of revelationed my humility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Everyone here should make magic decks in tabletop simulator so we can knock over tokens and roll dice off the table and also flip it.

• Locked thread