Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Forti posted:

Stan Lee thinks its awesome, so if that's your moral point then better pack up that soapbox

Stan Lee thinks everything is awesome. Stan Lee once greenlit a show called 'Stripperella'. Stan Lee also, contrary to popular opinion, did not invent Captain America, that was Jack Kirby and Joe Simon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stan Lee just being around getting to be that old guy from marvel is awesome so he's glad of anything really

Really the thing I'm surprised about is that they did this change so close to the civil war movie's release. IIRC they don't try to do any major character changes when the movies are coming out. I remember the "Doctor Octopus is Spider-Man" stuff got fixed up when one of the amazing spider-man films came out.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kwyndig posted:

Stan Lee thinks everything is awesome. Stan Lee once greenlit a show called 'Stripperella'. Stan Lee also, contrary to popular opinion, did not invent Captain America, that was Jack Kirby and Joe Simon.

Thanks for the meal tickets Kirby! You dead rear end in a top hat! -Stan Lee, pissing into Jack Kirby's exhumed and open casket in the paupers cemetery.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus posted:

No, it's not. I doubt they'd care at all, unlike nerds.

All I'm saying is it's kinda disrespectful, to tone it back from the guy who brought up people thinking that doing this showed Marvel hates Jews.

But you don't care about comics at all and think it's childish and dumb to care about comics anyway so this is basically a blank post for all the worth it holds.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Those memes are pretty ripe for political edits now.

Just having Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, etc. saying in their word cloud "MAGA"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Paladinus posted:

No, it's not. I doubt they'd care at all, unlike nerds.

Considering they created him before the US entered WWII because they were morally repulsed by what the Nazis were doing, and they received death threats from Nazi sympathizers but refused to stop writing, yes, they would be angry

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Considering they created him before the US entered WWII because they were morally repulsed by what the Nazis were doing, and they received death threats from Nazi sympathizers but refused to stop writing, yes, they would be angry

Nah. Hydra aren't even nazis.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
You're all massively overthinking this.

Marvel made a lazy plot twist in a cynical attempt at getting attention, and everyone knows it is a lazy and cynical attempt at getting attention. So people are mocking them by making similarly lazy image edits. That's it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'd imagine the ghost of Kirby would be more upset at his family losing that court case to give them some residuals from his creations than the opening of a story where Cap has been replaced by a robot or whatever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I want a heel hydra image.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Concordat posted:

You're all massively overthinking this.

Marvel made a lazy plot twist in a cynical attempt at getting attention, and everyone knows it is a lazy and cynical attempt at getting attention. So people are mocking them by making similarly lazy image edits. That's it.

Yeah, but there are some turbo-nerds who are legitimately upset over nothing. See: people saying its anti-Semitic because Cap was created by two Jewish men.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Hail Hydra feels like the Loss.jpg of mainstream comics.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's supposed to be Samus??? Also, I don't think push ups are the right arm and shoulder exercises when your tits are that big.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Wow, someone who knows how to crosshatch but not basic anatomy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Concordat posted:

Wow, someone who knows how to crosshatch but not basic anatomy.

Who needs to anatomy when you can crosshatch like a Master?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MariusLecter posted:

Who needs to anatomy when you can crosshatch like a Master?

ramirez????

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The Comic Book Industry has a job for people like that

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/ElliottSerrano/status/736037293228589057

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kwyndig posted:

That's supposed to be Samus??? Also, I don't think push ups are the right arm and shoulder exercises when your tits are that big.

Impossible anatomy is the fetish.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
superhero comics are dumb and v. bad and every adult who cares about them is also v. bad

Cumslut1895 has a new favorite as of 23:38 on Jun 1, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The convulsions of the cape comic community's Cap controversy

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Paladinus posted:

Nah. Hydra aren't even nazis.

Gotta say that nerds getting angry over the green jump-suited snake themed villains that even the loving movies can't make into something not ridiculous has been the high point of this affair.

Music is art I guess
https://soundcloud.com/mcmangos/what-if-seinfeld-theme-song

Dr. Killjoy has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jun 2, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

From an article about marked-for-deletion Wikipedia pages, I found out about this fan-made prequel series for Ben Affleck's Batman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOUbs7e4B1s

Check out Gotham's mayor "Don Trumpet".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7BamHDiKBI&t=231s

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Is Chew still going? I got really into it but kinda lost interest as it got increasingly insane and stupid.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cap went pro-Hydra at the same time as DC launched something called Rebirth. What's DC Rebirth you ask? I have no idea, I was busy reading Captain America memes all week.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is Chew still going? I got really into it but kinda lost interest as it got increasingly insane and stupid.

It's going to conclude in five more issues

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Cap went pro-Hydra at the same time as DC launched something called Rebirth. What's DC Rebirth you ask? I have no idea, I was busy reading Captain America memes all week.

From what I've seen DC Rebirth starts out by essentially claiming that "Now you see we at DC may have made some mistakes in the past several years but oh golly do we promise to make only good comics from now on." Idiots are actually convinced.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"You know that New 52? That was bad, and also Dr. Manhattan's fault."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

She's working out her left arm and shoulder though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

"You know that New 52? That was bad, and also Dr. Manhattan's fault."

all i know about knew 52 is joker sliced off his face and then wore it with staples or some poo poo and it's incredibly dumb, like everything else out of superhero comics the most garbage medium in the world

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guess what, buckaroo? The 50s Joker, 70s Joker, and 00s Joker are three different people now!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Guess what, buckaroo? The 50s Joker, 70s Joker, and 00s Joker are three different people now!

i want to say that the only good things to come out of superhero comics are almost invariably indictments of their concepts i.e. watchmen, but i think they do a good enough job indicted themselves

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I guess some of the movies are fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Most things about superheroes that are not the actual comics are fine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I feel like this might be a screencap, but at the same time, it's just as likely not to be

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
There seem to be recurrent outbursts of "THING SUCKS AND I HATE IT AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES IT IS A BABY/PEDOPHILE/FURRY" in this thread

My theory is that it is some sort of nerd pathological need to try and convince the others that they are not one of "that kind" of nerd

It is a fruitless endeavor, for by posting in the fanart thread they have already proven themselves to be one of "that kind"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pro gamer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo, QI fanart. I always knew it was out there intellectually, but to see it in front of me, and like this... :suicide:

I mean, no Jack Dee or Ronni Ancona? Has this person actually watched the show?

The art style is 100% from Scandinavia and the World.

Which. I mean, is at least consistent given that artist's fondness for gay shipping everything.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

There seem to be recurrent outbursts of "THING SUCKS AND I HATE IT AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES IT IS A BABY/PEDOPHILE/FURRY" in this thread

The.. weird crocodog thing from dark souls 3..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Small Frozen Thing posted:

My theory is that it is some sort of nerd pathological need to try and convince the others that they are not one of "that kind" of nerd

It is a fruitless endeavor, for by posting in the fanart thread they have already proven themselves to be one of "that kind"

Or maybe they just don't like it :v:

• Locked thread