Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I'm not sure what, exactly, is expected of me on the mission for the level 4 weapon on the Wind Waker Master Quest map... do I just have to raise Medli's level further?

E: Yes, yes I did. Holy poo poo, 500 base power on level 4 weapons? That's.. really something. :stare:

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm not sure what, exactly, is expected of me on the mission for the level 4 weapon on the Wind Waker Master Quest map... do I just have to raise Medli's level further?

E: Yes, yes I did. Holy poo poo, 500 base power on level 4 weapons? That's.. really something. :stare:

Just wait 'til you get a 5 star Lv. 4 weapon.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I was on baby sitting duty this weekend, so I played a bunch of the Wii U HyWar with the kid. He wasn't interested in getting Skultullas, and I had serious doubts he could handle the Twilight or Termina maps (he's 11), so we did about the only thing I had left to do: grind up badges. I figured he'd be bored to tears with it before too long, but no! Kid was into it. I even taught him to curse the Random Number Gods, RNJesus, and the Desire Meter. :3:

Long and short is, I now have all of Ganondorf and Sheik's badges.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

ZZT the Fifth posted:

750 strength is also very real. :unsmigghh:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Has anyone else had some crashes with 1.3.0(N3DS, physical cart)? I went to play an adventure map level, and the game crashed to the 3DS main menu and the system restarted. When I tried that level again everything worked fine. That's the first time I've seen a 3DS game crash.

I have the same set-up and I've had the game crash once. Hasn't happened again since, so I'm cautiously optimistic that it was a one-off deal.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Holy poo poo, some of these Master Quest stages are ball-bustingly hard. I'm having a really hard time with this "Don't get hit!" mission against two King Dodongos, to say nothing of the few others that I can access that would make progress... and I still haven't even gotten Young Link's level 2 weapon yet because I'm having such a hard time staying in Focus Spirit in that mission.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Holy poo poo, some of these Master Quest stages are ball-bustingly hard. I'm having a really hard time with this "Don't get hit!" mission against two King Dodongos, to say nothing of the few others that I can access that would make progress... and I still haven't even gotten Young Link's level 2 weapon yet because I'm having such a hard time staying in Focus Spirit in that mission.

When fighting bosses, don't forget to block, this goes double for "Don't Get Hit!" missions. Even if you get your guard broken you won't take damage as long as you don't take a hit during that stumble animation, and you can still dodge around like monkey even while guarding.

Any tough mission can be made way, way easier by using Guard Breaker potions from the apothecary. edit: These aren't actually useful against giant bosses though, just regular officers.

Fire and/or dark element fairy nukes make killing anything go much faster, and it's well worth the trouble of running around cutting grass to get that sweet, sweet magic for more nukes.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Alacron posted:

When fighting bosses, don't forget to block, this goes double for "Don't Get Hit!" missions. Even if you get your guard broken you won't take damage as long as you don't take a hit during that stumble animation, and you can still dodge around like monkey even while guarding.

Any tough mission can be made way, way easier by using Guard Breaker potions from the apothecary.

Fire and/or dark element fairy nukes make killing anything go much faster, and it's well worth the trouble of running around cutting grass to get that sweet, sweet magic for more nukes.

Note that you don't want to use the Shade barrier against Manhandla due to how it works.

BTW, for everyone who's wondering: Medli is weak against the dark element.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Finally got all the level 4 weapons (besides Medli's) so i can unseal the master sword. Gonna go get the skulltulas on the first adventure map.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ZZT the Fifth posted:

There's a fairy with "wall of water" rental skill that gives you a shiekesque water shield, about 3 tiles east of the starting tile on the master quest map. It's necessary for some of the later full length "don't get hit" missions.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

tithin posted:

There's a fairy with "wall of water" rental skill that gives you a shiekesque water shield, about 3 tiles east of the starting tile on the master quest map. It's necessary for some of the later full length "don't get hit" missions.

I... can't get there because I used the only accessible Goddess' Harp to get Impa's level 3 greatsword, and there's a butterfly 'enemies are hidden' tile stopping me from getting there. :suicide:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I... can't get there because I used the only accessible Goddess' Harp to get Impa's level 3 greatsword, and there's a butterfly 'enemies are hidden' tile stopping me from getting there. :suicide:

You'll get there - just make getting to it a priority and don't put too many efforts into clearing the "don't get hit" missions without it. Trust me, I did a couple of them without and it was completely irritating to get hit on a red aura'd shiek in their base twice in under a second without it.

On an unrelated note, I need ReDead Knights Ashes, if I've got the Termina and Twilight maps unlocked, where's a good place to farm them? Fair warning, I literally only just unlocked both.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Finally got all the level 4 weapons (besides Medli's) so i can unseal the master sword. Gonna go get the skulltulas on the first adventure map.
I'm really not enjoying that I won't really be able to use Medli until I get the great sea master quest map. why aren't her weapons easier to get

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

tithin posted:

You'll get there - just make getting to it a priority and don't put too many efforts into clearing the "don't get hit" missions without it. Trust me, I did a couple of them without and it was completely irritating to get hit on a red aura'd shiek in their base twice in under a second without it.

On an unrelated note, I need ReDead Knights Ashes, if I've got the Termina and Twilight maps unlocked, where's a good place to farm them? Fair warning, I literally only just unlocked both.

I use the water fairy from the first Adventure map and she's fairly high level at this point. It irks me that fairies in later maps are straight upgrades when you've put time into raising earlier ones already and they take a dog's age to level up. I suppose I'll have to bite that bullet myself, but I don't wanna lose my friends. :(

As for ReDead Knight Ashes, pop a Material master potion and do the story mode mission in Cia's castle, the one right after you get the Master Sword. There are tons of ReDead Knights there and the potion will make them drop silver mats WAY more often. I tried that for Gibdo's swords the other day and wound up with over a dozen of the things. I was on the Wii U version, but surely it'll still work in Legends?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm really not enjoying that I won't really be able to use Medli until I get the great sea master quest map. why aren't her weapons easier to get

Because the Master Wind Waker Map is comparable to the original Wii U Adventure Map in terms of how difficult the late missions on that map are compared to the early ones.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
My sister keeps asking me to get Linkle for her for the Wii-U since I already gave away her 3DS code (thinking at the time she'd never get a Wii-U, woops). Would a kind goon in the NA region PM me with a code please? Thanks!!

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

I use the water fairy from the first Adventure map and she's fairly high level at this point. It irks me that fairies in later maps are straight upgrades when you've put time into raising earlier ones already and they take a dog's age to level up. I suppose I'll have to bite that bullet myself, but I don't wanna lose my friends. :(

I think the only difference between the later fairies and the earlier ones are what skill they start with (well, that and their appearance), but you can unlock all of the skills you want for any given fairy. So it might be worth adding the Master Quest water fairy in your last slot for the time being, but if you want you can get the "wall of water" skill on your favorite fairy eventually.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If anyone's looking for boss materials, the rupee collection on the MQ Wind Waker map just southwest of the central tower (#5) has three phantom ganons. The map just NE of Medli's lv2 harp (rupee collection #2) has two helmarocs as well.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 1, 2016

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I'm having a little trouble with F11 on the Master Quest map (Guard the allied keeps with your life! on TP Hyrule Field as Agitha). It seems that the first waves of enemies always manages to take one of the two attacked keeps, no matter which I target first. They're so far apart that I can't get to one after protecting the other...

Any advice on the order of enemy elimination?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Recently figured out the elemental weaknesses for Big Blins and Stone Blins. It's Lightning and Water respectively. That means every enemy's elemental weakness has been discovered.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Any advice or character recommendations for an All Attacks Are Devastating + No Item Attacks tile on the Master Quest Map? (E-5, I believe) I keep bumbling into Deku Baba poIson hellholes when I attack and it always results in my death. I obviously don't have arrows to deal with them or the Darknuts... Any advice would be appreciated.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Any advice or character recommendations for an All Attacks Are Devastating + No Item Attacks tile on the Master Quest Map? (E-5, I believe) I keep bumbling into Deku Baba poIson hellholes when I attack and it always results in my death. I obviously don't have arrows to deal with them or the Darknuts... Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you limited to a specific character?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Takoluka posted:

Are you limited to a specific character?

No. I tried using Sheik's water barrier, but a single hit dispelled it and brought me down to a quarter heart regardless... multiple times.

Thankfully, I ended up getting the A with Linkle by just taking my time and taking the long paths to not have to deal with the Deku Babas.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Long paths are the only option that and spamming dodge when in close

or Linkle, if you don't care about the associated gold rewards.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ZZT the Fifth posted:

If you're not limited to a specific character... Zelda, with the Baton. Just spam the strong attack and dodge-cancel immediately. It works like you wouldn't believe for those maps.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

If you're not limited to a specific character... Zelda, with the Baton. Just spam the strong attack and dodge-cancel immediately. It works like you wouldn't believe for those maps.

And if you are limited to a character that isn't Zelda with the baton, feel free to drop some materials for the unlimited powered up items potion and spam light arrows at everything

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

And if you are limited to a character that isn't Zelda with the baton, feel free to drop some materials for the unlimited powered up items potion and spam light arrows at everything

Unless the map has the "no item attacks" rule, which had mentioned I was dealing with. :geno:

Silver Falcon posted:

Noted, thanks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Unless the map has the "no item attacks" rule, which had mentioned I was dealing with. :geno:

Lmao whoops my bad, sorry bud :sweatdrop:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

No. I tried using Sheik's water barrier, but a single hit dispelled it and brought me down to a quarter heart regardless... multiple times.

Thankfully, I ended up getting the A with Linkle by just taking my time and taking the long paths to not have to deal with the Deku Babas.

Next time, try Link's C3 with the Master Sword.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Been working on a tier list with like-minded people on this game. At present, there's currently one weapon that's shaking up the entire list right now, not least because it appears it's true potential has been slept on.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Been working on a tier list with like-minded people on this game. At present, there's currently one weapon that's shaking up the entire list right now, not least because it appears it's true potential has been slept on.

a tier list for a game like this seems kind of silly, but at the same time, i want to see it anyway

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

a tier list for a game like this seems kind of silly, but at the same time, i want to see it anyway

It probably would, especially given that every character can complete any mission in the game, but there will inevitably be some characters who do it in a more efficient way than other characters, and the more players get good at using characters, the more pronounced those differences become. If nothing else, it'll serve as a list showing which characters/weapons give the most reward if you're knowledgeable and good at using the character/weapon.

The top tiers are mostly already sorted out and done as well as the higher positions of very high. The bottom tier and the five worst weapons have been shuffled a bit due to some weapons' potential being slept on and other weapons taking their place.

Worth noting is that this tier list will be incredibly top-heavy (i.e. the majority of weapons are found in the higher tiers), mostly because the good-to-suck ratio of the different movesets are heavily skewed towards good. So your favorite weapon could be worse than the majority of weapons and still end up a relatively solid, good weapon for objective and stage clearing.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hope that the bug princess who won't be named is ranked the worst

off topic: is Termina meant to be substantially more difficult than Twilight? I'm taking shitloads of damage on hit from officers / mooks compared to Twilight

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

tithin posted:

I hope that the bug princess who won't be named is ranked the worst

off topic: is Termina meant to be substantially more difficult than Twilight? I'm taking shitloads of damage on hit from officers / mooks compared to Twilight

Do you mean in Legends? Becuse Termina is actually more difficult than Twilight in Legends. (On the Wii U, Termina is generally easier, except for certain missions.)

Agitha is nowhere close to being the worst. That "honor" is reserved for Fi.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Folt The Bolt posted:

all is good in the world

though she should be like second last

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Folt The Bolt posted:

Do you mean in Legends? Becuse Termina is actually more difficult than Twilight in Legends. (On the Wii U, Termina is generally easier, except for certain missions.)

Yeah sorry, I should have clarified I meant legends. Could be I'm underbadged or something, but these "kill more than the opposition" when the opposition have red aura and completely ignore your attacks for 600+ damage each are ridiculous.

Related: Where do I find something to bridge the gaps in Termina? I want to beeline Shieks level 4 harp, but can't find any zora masks (to go east then south to it), or a way to bridge the gaps in the center bottom of the map.

I always figured Agitha for low tier, her moveset to me is weak, and underwhelming. I rarely like playing as solely her, and if I have to take her along, I usually bring Shiek to do the heavy lifting.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

tithin posted:

Yeah sorry, I should have clarified I meant legends. Could be I'm underbadged or something, but these "kill more than the opposition" when the opposition have red aura and completely ignore your attacks for 600+ damage each are ridiculous.

Related: Where do I find something to bridge the gaps in Termina? I want to beeline Shieks level 4 harp, but can't find any zora masks (to go east then south to it), or a way to bridge the gaps in the center bottom of the map.

I always figured Agitha for low tier, her moveset to me is weak, and underwhelming. I rarely like playing as solely her, and if I have to take her along, I usually bring Shiek to do the heavy lifting.

If you can, use projectile attacks, mobile attacks, attacks that can be easily dodge-cancelled out of, or attacks with invincibility frames on the red aura officers. If you're able to consistently kill those red aura officers without taking too much damage, you practically have the mission in the bag (provided you immediately go to town on the enemy mooks that spawn from them). Don't forget to use Focus Spirit and Special Attacks to stun or get some free hits/KOs in.

There's no real fast way to get to Sheik's Harp other than to clear the majority of the snow mountain and the sea part of the Termina Map, since you need a Goron mask in order to get to your first Zora mask and to the Giant on Snowhead. (i.e. work your way up to the top right to get the Goron Mask there, then work your way to the left part of the mountain to get to the Giant Card and another Goron Mask which you use to pave the way to your first Zora Mask. It's also for the best that you get a Goron an a Zora Mask to open a path to Ikana Canyon's latter parts to get to the Giant there as well, so you can get to the moon and get rid of the countdown.) Any excess masks collected after you've opened a path to all Giants can be used to get to wherever you want first.

She's actually a solid high-mid tier character. C2 is a launcher and can also be used for an infinite. C1 butterfly divebomb, C3, C4, and C5 are for mooks and multiple officers. C2 -> C4 -> C3 also works as a combo for enemy officers (less so on character enemies where you want to infinite them or hit with a C4, then use the butterfly aerial follow-ups to get in lots of damage). The main things that bring her down are safety issues on R3 (AKA the third hit on her regular attack string) and being terrible against giant bosses without having a special stored.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I'm working on hunting down Skulltulas to finish upgrading my Apothecary. I've already knocked out most of the 1000-kill skulltulas up through Legend Mode and the initial and Wind Waker adventure maps - I've got a ways to go on the Master Quest map before I unlock Twilight and/or Termina, so it's up to the second skulltulas to finish out my count.

Thankfully, it's generally not too hard at this point on most maps to avoid taking 4 hearts of damage for the Adventure Mode second skulltulas, but I haven't figured out which character is best to get the 'kill 150 things with Specials' thing. Legend/Free Mode's skulltulas are a different story, what with all the different mystery criteria.

E: oh hey, Sheik can recharge the special meter with C1 after C6. That helps.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 6, 2016

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

BlueOccamy posted:

My sister keeps asking me to get Linkle for her for the Wii-U since I already gave away her 3DS code (thinking at the time she'd never get a Wii-U, woops). Would a kind goon in the NA region PM me with a code please?

Asking again- if one of you has a spare Wii-U code from the 3DS version and is in the NA region, I'd love to get it for her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Speaking of Skulltulas, I am having an absolutely miserable time trying to get the last Hard Skulltula in Legend mode- the one in Ganon's Tower. You have to kill Ganondorf while keeping all your useless braindead NPC allies at 30% or more health; one of your playable warriors has to be Darunia.

My problem is NPC Darunia gets loving massacred almost as soon as Ganondorf appears, and makes a b-line for his stupid rear end. My latest failed attempted I tried taking out the Castle Keep as quickly as I could, but even that took awhile because it's swarming with high-morale Lizolfols and such. By the time I can get back to Darunia and get Ganondorf off him, he's almost dead or dead.

Any tips for it? Characters/weapons I could use? I'm so sick of that mission by now and all I want is the Material Master potion.

• Locked thread