Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
I love Lil' Jimmy, he's a sweet boy but I disagree with him on almost everything he says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Listening to an old show from 2005 where they're discussing music, and Opie the massive Nirvana fan can't think of the title of "that Unplugged song with the illustrated book about birds."

:ughh:

edit: oh my god he had to play all three Meat Puppets songs before he found the right one

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 1, 2016

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the worst music-related thing was when Jimmy was yelling about how U2 ripped off the title of Sunday Bloody Sunday from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE

Law Cheetah posted:

the worst music-related thing was when Jimmy was yelling about how U2 ripped off the title of Sunday Bloody Sunday from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

You would think that such a big Sabbath fan would know that they named the song after the Bloody Sunday massacre in Ireland. John Lennon even recorded an album with a song titled Sunday Bloody Sunday that was released more than a year before Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was put out as a single.

come on now jimmy

pentfixion fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 1, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Law Cheetah posted:

pentfixion posted:

You would think that such a big Sabbath fan would know that they named the song after the Bloody Sunday massacre in Ireland. John Lennon even recorded an album with a song titled Sunday Bloody Sunday that was released more than a year before Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was put out as a single.

come on now jimmy

Has anybody really laid into Norton on the air? Because when I see that poo poo, I kinda want someone to really hurt his feelings and make him feel bad.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Has anybody really laid into Norton on the air? Because when I see that poo poo, I kinda want someone to really hurt his feelings and make him feel bad.

Yeah Norton gets a pass because he's a friendly boy. He needs to be viciously torn apart for his earnest Trump support, his fake alcoholism, and his general ignorance of media/pop culture while existing in/commenting on it.

Really all of the O&A crew are pretty ignorant of the world going on around them. It's always cringey when they get on someone like Ricky Gervais or Marc Maron who are actually observant of the world, and then Opie or Jimmy don't know some basic fact that you should have learned in junior high social studies class.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 1, 2016

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was just listening to an old episode where Louis CK, Ant and Opie were talking about global warming and evolution and Opie especially made me want to rip my own face off.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm reluctant because half the time I see someone post some retarded thing they did like this I go back and hear the clip and they were obviously joking around. So I just don't even pretend it matters anymore

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

does anyone know the date of the "Got any half slices?" episode of O&A? i know it was April 2011 sometime

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Cursory google-fu says 4/11/11?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Jay Mohr(s) was on that show, I remember that much

Yep, that is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmdhAlp8goM

NarkyBark fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 2, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
*Jay Mohrs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Thanks, I'm actually going to get all of that weeks shows since i remember them being some of the best, with Ron sitting in for Ant

At least that's how I remember them. I was on painkillers at the time

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

CrashCat posted:

I'm reluctant because half the time I see someone post some retarded thing they did like this I go back and hear the clip and they were obviously joking around. So I just don't even pretend it matters anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6DScCVYH0&t=540s

judge for yerselves

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

"there's a comma in it, it's a lot more than similar" :roflolmao:

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
More than likely, I'm going to be Jim's handler for a show in July. i.e.: pick him up from the airport, drive him to the show, find him a tranny...

What are some things you would like to talk to Jim Norton about if he were trapped in a car with you ?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

End of Life Guy posted:

More than likely, I'm going to be Jim's handler for a show in July. i.e.: pick him up from the airport, drive him to the show, find him a tranny...

What are some things you would like to talk to Jim Norton about if he were trapped in a car with you ?

Opie or Anthony?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Tell him that the tank on the back of a toilet is just a "water tank" not a "septic tank". A septic tank is buried in the yard and processes all the poo poo and urine into the surrounding ground in lieu of a sewage line to a treatment plant. He's been saying the wrong thing for years.

Or set him straight about U2 and Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Some retard gave them the idea that you stand 'on' a line and not IN a loving line and it pisses me off each and every time I loving hear it.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Some retard gave them the idea that you stand 'on' a line and not IN a loving line and it pisses me off each and every time I loving hear it.

this is an east coast thing and i hate them all what say it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Law Cheetah posted:

this is an east coast thing and i hate them all what say it

Nope it's like NY-NJ only

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Saying you're "on" line means you're sprawled out on top of all the people properly standing "in" line.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So I'm standing on line at the bank...

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's especially egregious since ONLINE now means something.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
"on line" is strictly a NYC/north Jersey thing. I've never heard anyone say that south of Patterson.

Tell Jimmy to cut the poo poo and bring back Ted Scheckler. "Ooh it hurts my throat." Shut up you bitch, you're not a loving opera singer. Doing Ted Scheckler once a week isn't going to make you a mute.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bring back Greg Schinkel #ShinkelBoutIt

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I think the "on line" thing coming from the NYC/North Jersey area is because there are islands there. People say they live on Long island or on Staten Island not "I live in Long Island", so they are already used to using "on" in a different way than most of us do. For the rest of the country it isn't an issue because we live in Chicago, or in Texas, or in The Bay Area. You wouldn't use "on" with any of those. I'm not saying it makes sense, but I'd bet from an etymology standpoint that's probably how it became a part of speech.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
<---- Bring back Frank The Frowner

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

JFC posted:

I think the "on line" thing coming from the NYC/North Jersey area is because there are islands there. People say they live on Long island or on Staten Island not "I live in Long Island", so they are already used to using "on" in a different way than most of us do. For the rest of the country it isn't an issue because we live in Chicago, or in Texas, or in The Bay Area. You wouldn't use "on" with any of those. I'm not saying it makes sense, but I'd bet from an etymology standpoint that's probably how it became a part of speech.

I've been racking my brain for a long time trying to figure "on line" out. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

End of Life Guy posted:

Congratulate him on his Carnegie Hall gig and then watch as he awkwardly has to explain that he's not playing the legendary carnegie hall like Burr, Jeffries and CK did, but instead it some lovely place called the Carnegie Library Music Hall in Pennsylvania.

Then ask when he is getting booked in Madison Square Garden.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
This is a trick question because Jim will have his face buried in his phone while giving you one-word answers and calling you "buddy."

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ask him if he knows how to get to Carnegie Library Music Hall when he gets in the car.

When he answers no, say "practice!"

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIMNg7DxHFs

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Ask him if he knows how to get to Carnegie Library Music Hall when he gets in the car.

When he answers no, say "practice!"

Or you can say "blink a lot and complain about PC culture"

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Gotta make sure you hashtag it so everyone can see your awkward photo with a man trapped inside his own body.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Congrats you tubby nothing, you sat next to someone that people know.

Edit: Knew

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hey he's lost weight by "eating betta" or however he said it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snacksmaniac posted:

Hey he's lost weight by "eating betta" or however he said it.
don't forget hitting the gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I know I'm late with this but I've lived around the south jersey / philly area my whole life and have never heard anyone say "on line"

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 4, 2016

• Locked thread