Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't think I'd understand that it was supposed to be mocking my species if I was playing a centaur and it spawned an orb spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Is Ukayaw in offline trunk yet? I found Hep on a MiGl (and got a 3 runer using a Knight with a demon trident, cool havin a buddy) but haven't found Ukayaw in like 5 games now. Playing .19 376

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

kalstrams posted:

Suggestions?

In terms of raw damage, the +6 randart morningstar will be your best bet.

-Tele on a weapon isn't TOO bad, since you can swap off it if you really need to. Worse than a piece of jewelry, though, but way better than a -Tele armor (don't do this unless you are crazy and/or a Formicid)

If your Mace/Flail skill is low-ish, the +10 mace is probably better, though.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

IronicDongz posted:

I don't think I'd understand that it was supposed to be mocking my species if I was playing a centaur and it spawned an orb spider

a lot of them are kind of a stretch, but the basic concept is neat. Patches Welcome, as always.

('giant leech' is probably my favorite, with 'insubstantial wisp' as a close second)

I am Otis posted:

Is Ukayaw in offline trunk yet? I found Hep on a MiGl (and got a 3 runer using a Knight with a demon trident, cool havin a buddy) but haven't found Ukayaw in like 5 games now. Playing .19 376

H was added (a day) after U, so U's guaranteed to be in there somewhere. They're temple gods, so they both show up in every game. Keep looking!

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Thanks man. I love new gods.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

IronicDongz posted:

This game needs horses so that the vault can use one of those.

At the very least add hell horses since we already have hellephants and hellpigs and hell lions.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hell crabs. :colbert:

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

At least that one kinda makes sense in context of the entire list, but Kobold -> Boggart is a mystery to me.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

a lot of them are kind of a stretch, but the basic concept is neat. Patches Welcome, as always.

('giant leech' is probably my favorite, with 'insubstantial wisp' as a close second)

I think it will miss on Draconians after level 7, if my rcfile erring is any indication (you.race() will no longer be "Draconian").

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

IronicDongz posted:

Should be a dart slug.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rchandra posted:

I think it will miss on Draconians after level 7, if my rcfile erring is any indication (you.race() will no longer be "Draconian").

Good catch! I'll have to fix that.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

IronicDongz posted:

Wouldn't a mockery of a centaur be a yaktaur?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So the only letters without gods are I and W, right? They briefly had smith god and no-backtracks god, but they didn't make it to trunk right?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pathetic little tramp posted:

So the only letters without gods are I and W, right? They briefly had smith god and no-backtracks god, but they didn't make it to trunk right?
How did the no-backtrack god work, or was meant to?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Uhh... yes you're right nevermind.

(Okay doing this exercise from memory reminded me of which gods I never pick.)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What letter does TSO count as

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Someone Awful! posted:

What letter does TSO count as
The number 1 - there are 26 letters plus him to make for a full pantheon of 27 gods.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quote:

J - the +10 hunting sling "Killer Bee's Foe" (weapon) {flame, MR+ Str+4 Int+3 Dex-2}
:stare: Uh, thanks, Oka.

If it weren't for that Dex-2, I'd be in love with this thing. As is, can't decide between that, and a regular old +2 greatsling of flaming.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

:stare: Uh, thanks, Oka.

If it weren't for that Dex-2, I'd be in love with this thing. As is, can't decide between that, and a regular old +2 greatsling of flaming.

It probably outdamages the greatsling until the latter reaches +6 or so, and will hit a lot more, and MR is good, and you probably use at least one of str or int so it's a net boost to stats. I'd use it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

kalstrams posted:

Wulndraste basically superpowered your HP and MP, gave you a lot of regen, but didn't let you take stairs back up if there was more to the branch you were on. Never got a chance to try it out on Tomb.

Igni Ipthes (Smith God) was basically the God of "making uniques drop weapons" which was actually pretty drat powerful.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

I am Otis posted:

Ukayaw was actually removed from the game.

You might be looking for Uskayaw, which is Ukayaw but presumably with a fake mustache.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pathetic little tramp posted:

Wulndraste basically superpowered your HP and MP, gave you a lot of regen, but didn't let you take stairs back up if there was more to the branch you were on. Never got a chance to try it out on Tomb.

Igni Ipthes (Smith God) was basically the God of "making uniques drop weapons" which was actually pretty drat powerful.
These gods sound pretty cool. I'd like to play Minotaur Fighter/Berserker of Igni Ipthes. :shobon:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

kalstrams posted:

These gods sound pretty cool. I'd like to play Minotaur Fighter/Berserker of Igni Ipthes. :shobon:

Igni was pretty nice.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

It was fun making your own randarts and giving them immature names, too. Wish there concept hadn't been dropped for whatever reason

(This is also part of why H is fun, to me, because I'm a very childish person)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Is there still a penalty to training "opposite" elemental spell schools?

Actually, can someone explain to me how to wizard mode? I could answer half of my questions myself but I never figured out wizmode.

Give a man a fish etc etc

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
No cross training penalties anymore other then spreading your exp around.

If you are talking about Blaster Casters, then be Te or De, worship Vehumet, dump every level into INT, and never turn off Conjuration and whatever your element is till you get the lvl 9 spell castable by the time you are ending your first lair branch. Also die a whole lot before you reach that stage, but my god nothing is better then firestorming the end vaults of Snake, Spider, etc to death.

If you want a caster with a better then 10% early game survival rate then someone else will have to speak up.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GrEE, HOFE, MfIE. SpCj wrecks the early game but might run into trouble later.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is there still a penalty to training "opposite" elemental spell schools?

Actually, can someone explain to me how to wizard mode? I could answer half of my questions myself but I never figured out wizmode.

Give a man a fish etc etc

There is no more penalties to training opposite spell schools. Wizmode is activated by hitting & and confirming with yes, then you can see all the commands with ?.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm just playing a VSEE that found a Book of the Sky early on. Was wondering if it would be a waste of xp.

Thanks!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm just playing a VSEE that found a Book of the Sky early on. Was wondering if it would be a waste of xp.

it's still a "waste" in that you don't need high levels of multiple elements (training two skills that do the same thing), but sometimes by the time you want new spells that's what you have and you have to live with it.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I had no idea that yaktaurs could

a) Wear centaur barding and
b) Activate the intrinsic armor property of flight.

Seeing one cruising around over deep water in the Depths was a pretty amusing surprise.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Someone Awful! posted:

It was fun making your own randarts and giving them immature names, too. Wish there concept hadn't been dropped for whatever reason

(This is also part of why H is fun, to me, because I'm a very childish person)

Usually this stuff is dropped because someone gets bored/has a real life, but anyone else (yourself included) could pick it up and keep working on the idea

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

kalstrams posted:

The original plan is here; it was implemented as Wulndraste, but never made it into trunk. Didn't work out that excitingly. Pity!

I still think some of the stronger no-stairdancing conducts (on the wiki page) might've been more interesting than W ended up, but c'est la vie... maybe we'll go back to it someday.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

The original plan is here; it was implemented as Wulndraste, but never made it into trunk. Didn't work out that excitingly. Pity!

I still think some of the stronger no-stairdancing conducts (on the wiki page) might've been more interesting than W ended up, but c'est la vie... maybe we'll go back to it someday.
I see.

On an unrelated note, I hope you guys track down the shift+click problem. This time I had a rather fresh autosave though, so nothing of value was lost. I'm just going to use drop menu from here on.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

Found in the Bailey with a Demonspawn Monk of Chei (i.e. someone who can actually use this)

Also managed to get claws, powered by death and heat resistance- which will turn into blood explosions :getin:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

two kobolds in a row with short swords of venom on d:2 :stonk:

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ewar Woowar posted:

Found in the Bailey with a Demonspawn Monk of Chei (i.e. someone who can actually use this)

Also managed to get claws, powered by death and heat resistance- which will turn into blood explosions :getin:

be wary of hubris!!!

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Ewar Woowar posted:

I've found some pretty ridiculous randart armors before, but that has them all beat. You'd better not die! Also on a DsMo^Chei with claws and ignite blood... That's just too much good luck for one game!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Ewar Woowar posted:

If you don't win with this character you're going to have to give up playing Crawl forever fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Man, I feel dumb. Had 5 runes and was doing great, went to Hell and cleared the opening area. Then went to one of the branches and died within 5 minutes. :(

• Locked thread