Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

:perfect:

Although I guess maybe the last panel could have him find a stack of rare, mint condition comics from the 1950s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

You know, there's still at least some chance some other people will come to this silent film screening that you advertised with posters for anyone to attend, and they may choose the love seat before one of those uncomfortable chairs.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I think I actually hate this even more now that their terrible plan is failing. If it had worked out, that would at least have meant that the characters were being reasonable within the insane rules of their own universe. But if the plan actually goes the way it would in reality, that means the characters are drooling morons. Because no one would ever think this was a good plan. :argh:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

treasureplane posted:

Barney Google (March 21, 1922)

It's interesting to note that Barney Google was one of the first international comic megahits. It was adapted into a film, a TV-show (later, of course), animations and even got its own weird little novelty song, which was featured in an episode of Boardwalk Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYl5fT-JIQ

Apparently it also pulled a Shakespeare and added words and phrases into the English language! That I did not know, so thanks Wikipedia! :eng101:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I guess it's OK, if your boyfriend's a tauntaun or suchlike.

Violence against tauntaun is never cool. Also dating them if you yourself are not a tauntaun.

Such much needless tauntaun abuse in such a short post. :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Why are tauntaun's able to keep jedis alive in the snow?

Because they're luke warm :haw:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Tiggum posted:

I think I actually hate this even more now that their terrible plan is failing. If it had worked out, that would at least have meant that the characters were being reasonable within the insane rules of their own universe. But if the plan actually goes the way it would in reality, that means the characters are drooling morons. Because no one would ever think this was a good plan. :argh:

Having the plan actual work would also be good opportunity to surprise the reader, since everyone and I mean EVERYONE could see this coming.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County, with news on the hour.

Skippy (April 2-3, 1929)

Peanuts (June 4, 1969)

Cranky Shafterbean

Memento Morishaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way wants to marry into money. (May 10-11, 1929)

Thimble Theater (December 19, 1929)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Nothing's quite the turn on like capturing the leaders of an armed resistance.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
gently caress that is some awful posing in the Phantom. Not liking the new artist at all.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This arc would have a lot more impact if the guy showed any actual grief and not just self-pity.

June, no! You have a husband and a daughter!

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (May 9, 1951)

Barnaby (October 14, 1942)

Nancy (June 24, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (March 6, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (April 4, 1923)

Barney Google (March 22, 1922)

Lil' Abner (November 18, 1936)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

And Family Circus gives us...incest :barf:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

IMOLSH?

:roflolmao:

goatface posted:

gently caress that is some awful posing in the Phantom. Not liking the new artist at all.
He's the Judge Parker guy, so just wait till we see some young women in more flattering clothes than that uniform and he'll be in his element. His element is breasts.

Really Pants posted:

June, no! You have a husband and a daughter!
They're pretty similar, but Rex Morgan is actually drawn by Terry Beatty, not Mike Manley.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

I remember when I got my first mobile phone back in the 90s. After I tried out the different features (worm game, whoo!) and figured out that newfangled text message thing, the first thing I did was I turned off the asinine autocorrect bug feature and that was the first order of business with all new phones after that. Is it really that hard to do for most people?

Edit: I forgot the target audience for these. Still, it shouldn't be too hard to ask your son or grandson or daughter to fix that poo poo.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 1, 2016

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

Please forgive the mild butchering of the lyrics.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Goober Peas posted:

And Family Circus gives us...incest :barf:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get a weird vibe off of this one.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set minimizes risk.

Working Daze sets up another storyline we don't care about.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is just asking questions. No reason. What're you, a cop?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Savidudeosoo posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get a weird vibe off of this one.
Same here, though my read was that Jeffy was about to get sacrificed.

Calvin and Hobbes

Reaction panel ahoy!

Ripley's

'Norwegian Daredevil' kinda sounds like an SA username to me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Laputanmachine posted:

I remember when I got my first mobile phone back in the 90s. After I tried out the different features (worm game, whoo!) and figured out that newfangled text message thing, the first thing I did was I turned off the asinine autocorrect bug feature and that was the first order of business with all new phones after that. Is it really that hard to do for most people?

Edit: I forgot the target audience for these. Still, it shouldn't be too hard to ask your son or grandson or daughter to fix that poo poo.

That was probably a predictive text thing like T9. I hated that too. It's not the 90's anymore. Modern phones have different inputs like swype which more or less requires something like "autocorrect" to work well. It also learns to predict you better as you use it. Still spits out some nonsense sometimes, but overall a very good bit of code. The issue was never with autocorrect, though, it was and is with people mashing SEND without reading over what they're about to send.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Catellite posted:

Please forgive the mild butchering of the lyrics.

Look, I'll be honest with you: I like this edit, I think you're doing some good things here, but uh... I could've used a little more cowbell.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Laputanmachine posted:

lol if you didn't use predictive typing, the only sane way to write text messages back when you had to press 7 four times to get letter s :cawg:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Here's a whole mess of "grad school started and I've been too busy to post" comix:

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Dadding Badly

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

I'm sure it's meant to be gibberish, but all I can see on Dolly's sweatshirt is "VIOLENCE". That probably says as much about me as the comic.

Speaking of which ....

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Illustrating Webster

That's the last Illustrating Webster I could find.

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

gillette.jpg

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

A truly beautiful comic which can either be interpreted as horribly perverse:

Or horribly dark:

Either way, I give it an A+. Bravo, Mr. Keene!

Worst Comic in the Thread, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Middle School Action Comics!, or, Big Nate

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I haven't even read Achewood and I think this is awesome.
Darn college kids today with their long, heavy-metal hair, bandanas, and Duran Duran shirts!

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I don't have the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Everyone knows Bernice is The Smart One.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Is... is Rex now directly mocking the viewers about their continuing unearned good fortunes?

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze sets up another storyline we don't care about.

I'd hope it would be a wake-up call regarding your unhealthy lifestyle if you got pregnant and could still wear your old clothes.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

Is... is Rex now directly mocking the viewers about their continuing unearned good fortunes?

That's the only logical explanation. Smug fucker's pointing right at us! :argh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Never would have expected a crossover with Spider-Man, but no complaints!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Not very since it happens every goddamn week of your life. Rex should be the wealthiest person on earth at this point.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

The "Best condition copies" were wrapped up in newspaper and stuffed under the floorboards in an attic for decades.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Aw man, imagine the artist trying to draw this:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slammy posted:

Whoops Sisters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Nenonen posted:

lol if you didn't use predictive typing, the only sane way to write text messages back when you had to press 7 four times to get letter s :cawg:
I used to know several people who just hated T9 for some reason and wouldn't use it, and I could never understand it. It was such a pain in the arse to do it the other way.

• Locked thread