Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

Any thoughts or feedback? I'm really leaning towards the Nazi-Punchers, but Alpha One's ability to move robot buddies around could be neat, too.

Theme-wise, I really like Verson One. That one is just fun, and I'm totally stealing it at some point. Toss on a Spider-Bot Mk 1 or two SHIELD Level 1 ID cards to round that out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

They've reversed the ruling about Pulse Wave vs. Emotional Spectrum: Fear. The ruling is now that because you're not ignoring the Battery itself you DO get the -2 to attack.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Where is the latest pac to download? Am I being stupid? The one in the downloads section on the official website is from 2014 and its similar for hcrealms, am I just missing something obvious? My mate has one from the tmnt starter/board game thing but gently caress if I'm buying one of those.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ManiacClown posted:

They've reversed the ruling about Pulse Wave vs. Emotional Spectrum: Fear. The ruling is now that because you're not ignoring the Battery itself you DO get the -2 to attack.
I posted a reply questioning that, since while pulse wave doesn't ignore the battery it does ignore their attached construct, and characters without attached constructs aren't corps members and don't get Emotional Spectrum benefits. Stay tuned for them to deny the post because it's "not on topic" and refuse to answer.

edit: Called it. 2:27 PM, post denied beause "not on topic".

thebardyspoon posted:

Where is the latest pac to download? Am I being stupid? The one in the downloads section on the official website is from 2014 and its similar for hcrealms, am I just missing something obvious? My mate has one from the tmnt starter/board game thing but gently caress if I'm buying one of those.
You're not stupid, but you are missing something obvious: WizKids is loving lazy and hasn't put out a new PAC or rulebook for two years.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 17, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Torrent posted:

Theme-wise, I really like Verson One. That one is just fun, and I'm totally stealing it at some point. Toss on a Spider-Bot Mk 1 or two SHIELD Level 1 ID cards to round that out!

I thought about the Spider-Bot, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense when not used with Superior Spidey or other bots. To me, anyway.

:smith: I never got a SHIELD card.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

ManiacClown posted:

Just in time to get retired in literally 2 weeks.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Grab a civil war starter, it'll have what you need.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Morand posted:

Grab a civil war starter, it'll have what you need.

The PAC that came with that was outdated regarding... Plasticity, I think.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
No current PAC has the new wording for Plasticity in place. It's technically the most updated one.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

I posted a reply questioning that, since while pulse wave doesn't ignore the battery it does ignore their attached construct, and characters without attached constructs aren't corps members and don't get Emotional Spectrum benefits. Stay tuned for them to deny the post because it's "not on topic" and refuse to answer.

edit: Called it. 2:27 PM, post denied beause "not on topic".

"Oh, poo poo, someone has a memory longer than three months! Hide!"

Did you try posting a new thread for it? If not, I will. People need to start hammering them for this kind of bullshit until they have to actually answer questions and maybe acknowledge when they're reversing something and why. It would be nice if they at least had a customer service email we could send feedback about this sort of thing to.

Edit: I checked and they denied my reply about it on Rule 8 ("not a discussion forum") grounds.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 17, 2016

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

All right, here's what I'm submitting. Let's see how they rule this, because there is an actual legitimate question here. Speculation: they'll hit me with the Golden Age clause because of using FI Iron Man as an example.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 4 of the thread on Pulse Wave thread contains this ruling:

quote:

Post by hcrulesteam » Mon May 16, 2016 4:47 pm

quote:

arthwrwolf wrote:
If I pulse wave against a character assigned a construct of the Sinestro Corps Power Battery with it's Emotional Spectrum active, will my attack be modified by -2?
Yes. The Power Battery is not the target of Pulse Wave, so its EMOTIONAL SPECTRUM effect won't be ignored.
The assignment of a Ring/Construct makes a character a Corps Member, which allows it to use the Emotional Spectrum on top of the effects of the Ring and Construct (per the underlined portion below, as worded across Batteries).

quote:

Corps Members - When a friendly character has any Constructs on its card, it is called a Corps Member and is assigned the Power Battery. Friendly Corps Members can use the ability of the Constructs on its card and the ability of the Power Ring attached to the Power Battery. If a friendly Corps Member is KO'd, any Constructs on its card are re-attached to the Power Battery. If the Power Battery is KO'd, all Constructs are removed from friendly Corps Members' cards.
Pulse Wave reads as follows:

quote:

PULSE WAVE Give this character a ranged combat action even if it is adjacent to an opposing character; the area of effect for this attack is half the character’s range value. Draw lines of fire to all other characters within the area of effect, including at least one opposing character; these lines of fire ignore all game effects except for walls, blocking and elevated terrain. Game effects possessed or used by characters with a line of fire drawn to them are ignored until the action has been resolved. If a line of fire is drawn to more than 1 character, this character’s damage value becomes 1 and is locked. Each character hit is dealt damage.
Assume a Corps Members has LOF drawn to it while using Pulse Wave. The effects of the Ring and the Construct are effects used by a character with a line of fire drawn to it with Pulse Wave, hence those effects are ignored until the action resolves. However, are the states of being a Corps Member and/or simply being assigned the Battery— for whatever either may matter, such as the case of below-quoted effect from Fear Itself #300 Iron Man— also ignored?

quote:

HAMMER HUNTER When Iron Man hits a character with a relic or resource assigned to them, they can't use that relic or resource until Iron Man takes damage from an attack.
Using the example of Hammer Hunter, assume A) Iron Man somehow gained the use of Pulse Wave, B) that he targets Character X assigned a Construct/Ring/Battery, and C) hits Character X. Do the effects of Hammer Hunter apply to Character X?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tonight was 300 points close combat only, line of fire only mattered for Giant Reach and support powers could only work on oneself (Perplex, Prob, etc). I went with the chase Turtles.

Round 1 vs Trigon: lacking an opening Charge really gimped him; aside from a few lucky Shape Change rolls he didn't have much keeping him at bay from the onslaught. He managed to ding Raph for 3 and Mike took a crit miss, but the boys cut the demon lord down to size fairly handily.

Round 2 vs Hulkbuster MkII: he moved up and his dos his Quake, tagging all but Don for 1 thanks to Precision Strike, but after that I didn't miss a single attack and in about 5 minutes the colossal was dead. Tony proved harder to pin down as he ran across the map but lacking Indom hurts and I caught up eventually for a KO.

Round 3 vs Sloth, Iron Nail w/Proselyte and sloth relic, red ring and pym particles. This one was rough; I was able to run in and KO Sloth with Don, Raph, and Leo (since I couldn't use Raph's Flurry thanks to Sloth) though I foolishly forgot about their Trait which would've allowed me to attack Nail as it isn't an action of any kind. I then spent a very long time chasing Sloth-Prosel-Nail around a small area, whittling him down just for him to Steal Energy away the damage because I had to waste turns removing the negative modifier tokens. At one point he was down to Toughness but I opted not to attack in favor of having hopefully not a -3 to the attack roll, but he killed Raph and I never got him that low again. Even getting the Red Ring didn't help as he could just sit still doing nothing and he'd both heal from the sloth relic and give me stat reductions I'd have to waste turns removing. Eventually he got all my turtles and that godawful match finally finished.

The chases are a blast and I look forward to using them again, their efficiency for the points is staggering and I can only imagine they chew through groups just as well as tentpoles.

I also played one for fun game against Trigon using the four Nickelodeon turtles and the half dial Turtle Van. That was a closer game as they lack Indom and I could never make Leadership, but it was the pizza dial that saved my buns, letting me heal back the Mystics damage or giving me a defense bonus. It's harder to get to trigger than I expected, I imagine knowing the dial layout and probability of rolls will make a big difference in which turtles you choose at which times. I was usually going for Leo because I always wanted to make sure I had leadership, even if I couldn't actually succeed at it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The prize Captain America and Iron Man are up. Their stats are complete mirror and their powers chiefly are, with Cap getting Combat Reflexes, Charge, and CCE while Iron Man has ES/D, Running Shot, and RCE. While Tony gets the Wing symbol Cap gets IM: Elevated/Hindering/Characters. They're both 80 points, so three costs seem to be equal: A) Charge and Running Shot, B) Energy Shield/Deflection and Combat Reflexes, and C) IM: Characters and IM: Outdoor Blocking and O O→ combined.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was "The Final Countdown". Build 3 300 point teams and play a different team each round.

I did the following

Team 1

Brood Queen X 3
Brood at 30

3 Brood's on the side.

Team 2
Krang with Robot ATA
Foot Soldier (Nunchuk) with Robot ATA
Shredder
Omega Drive

Team 3
AOA Magneto
DP Blink
FF Fitz @ 50
X-Men Blue ATA on everyone.

This was the original order I was gonna play them in but before round 1 my opponent declared he was going to play his best team against me so I decided to go with Krang and friends.

Round 1 versus X-Men

UXM Beast at 100
AOA Weapon X Chase
A 40 point Jean that just has TK
Pixie

He won map and threw us on one of the utopia maps. My opponent made a bad opening move, placing himself into Krangs range if he went colossal, I don't think he remembered colossals get a 3 square reach. Shedder walked down, outwitted the defense of beast. Krang got his damage robot perplexed and charged and smacked Beast for 7 after both Beast and Jean used theme probs to try and stop it. Beast was out. Krang took 2 and outwitted the movement power on Weapon X.

Pixie perplexed the damage on Weapon X. Jean pushed to TK weapon X next to shredder and he missed his attack by 1. Foot Soldier sidestepped next to shredder. Shredder rolled leadership but missed. Krang outwitted the defense on Weapon X and Nunchuk flurried hitting both attacks and KOing weapon X.

Pixie carried Jean and tried to go for Krang, but he outwitted her senses and chose steal energy and that was basically it. Jean alone wasn't going to do anything.

Round 2 versus

OP Kit Batman
Scarlet Spider
Bat Cowl as relic

I used the Broods. This was against a new kid and he did nothing wrong. I just got insanely lucky when a baby brood rolled a 10 and then 5 on its blades to OHKO Scarlet Spider with the action token push. Batman then got swarmed. He took down 3 babies but once a queen hit that was it for him.

Round 3 versus

Nightcrawler
Colossus
Wolverine
Storm
Kitty pride at 50
Thunderbird

I lost map and opponent chose the civil war outdoor map which has all the blocking for Magneto. Magneto was a complete monster, with his scrap tokens and Henry he was oneshotting anyone he hit. I did take 2 off a wolverine blades and that just made Magneto better. Blink did her fair share with her flurries, but it was the Magneto show. Really not much to talk about. Things came near Magneto, Magneto KO'd these things.

I ended up losing the event by 2 points though as round 1 and 2 were a little too under built.

Next week is 400 points nothing over 150

I am debating the following:

4 80's 50 points Turtles
80's Casey
80's Splinter
80's April
Turtle Van at 100

I may upgrade Raphael to the chase as that's the only one I own and drop the van to 60. Don't know how I'd fill that last 15 points though.

Morand fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 23, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

You could always drop Casey and throw Nobody on; that guy is a little bastard who can easily beat the holy hell out of somebody way outside his weight class as long as you've got walls nearby (like that Yugioh maze map), which shouldn't be a problem with a +8 map roll.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So I have an extra AOA Magneto. Anyone interested in a trade? I'm looking for B&W Turtles.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Morand posted:

So I have an extra AOA Magneto. Anyone interested in a trade? I'm looking for B&W Turtles.

Which turtles?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

tragedyjones posted:

Which turtles?

Already made a trade on the realms. Sorry man.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Marvel.com has previews up for Punisher's van, Man-Spider, and Rocket and Groot.

I really like Man Spider. Charge/Flurry, get webbed, and now I can exploit you for free. All for only 100 points!

Groot's also neat with his ability to drop a pog with PC anytime he wants.

I can't read the card for Punisher's van or his weapons though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

I can't read the card for Punisher's van or his weapons though.
Punisher Van has the usual "personal whatever" trait that means it doesn't break theme if Punisher is also on the team and the Ram ability. Weapons dial reads:

quote:

This resource costs 10 points and begins on its red starting line, or costs 5 points and begins on its blue starting line. Punisher Van may be played without paying this additional cost, but if you do, Weapons Dial is ignored. Choose 4 different Weapon object tokens and 3 different Weapon 3-D object tokens to assign to Punisher Van. When a Weapon placed by this resource is KOd, do not score it; instead re-assign it to Punisher Van.

quote:

Give Punisher Van a power action and choose a Weapon object assigned to Punisher Van of equal or less points than the Weapon Dial indicates. Turn the Weapon Dial a number of clicks equal to tha Weapon's cost, then place the Weapon adjacent. When you do and Punisher Van has a pilot named Punisher, you may place him adjacent. This action doesn't cause pushing damage. The Weapons Dial may not be used when it crosses the red line.

I can't read the weapons either; this is as big as I can get the image and it's still too small.

e: Here's the fronts of them. I can read these: they can't be added to your force unless you played both the Punisher Van and a Punisher, and can only be KO'd by being used in an object attack, so your opponents can't shoot them out from under you.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 1, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I can read those weapons on my phone!

Some of them are strong as hell and they all have a new mechanic. Single Use. After you use their effect, they are KO'd. Also, punisher can equip them as a free action

Rocket Launcher gives 8 range 4 damage locked. Anyone adjacent to the target takes 3. Single use
Sniper rifle 10 range 2 damage precision strike against one dude. Single use
Riot shield is ESD and Toughness but if you take 3 or more damage its gone. Not single use
BFG 8 range 3 damage that is penetrating single use
First aid kit is support or regen single use
Surveillance device you and adjacent friendlies can use IT ELEVATION AND HINDERING if attacking a fig within 6. Not single use
Gatling Gun. 8 range 3 damage locked. After making an attack you can target an adjacent thing that's also on range and hasn't been targeted. You can repeat this as many times as you want. Single use.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 1, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I need that Punisher Van set in my life. I love how offensive the Van is, just a constant engine of destruction until Punisher leaps away and it explodes, while those weapons make any Punisher a death dealing monster. Even the Hulk set ones get new life thanks to this stuff, I need it so much.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Remaining DC con exclusives have been previewed, with the exception of Ace (unless I've missed him).

I like Batman with a bomb the best, but that Arrow's got some potential.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Batman With A Bomb (Bombman? Bombat? Wombat?) seems to work like the straight-jacket, although I've never seen anyone actually use that.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

What's that ace? You're absolutely loving bonkers for 50 points??

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8660931&postcount=47

Good God almighty.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Steve Vader posted:

Batman With A Bomb (Bombman? Bombat? Wombat?) seems to work like the straight-jacket, although I've never seen anyone actually use that.

I used the straightjacket this weekend! Puck put it on, and then immediately became everybody's #1 target... it was great.

Two weeks until Origins, Nationals, and World's! Any goons planning on heading out? I just found out that I will be in charge of side tournaments again this year, so I'll need to read up on those. Hope to see some people out there!

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I played in a Civil War event last night. We had six players, so we played two tables of three in the first round, ignoring the WK-suggested method of asking people to sit out to set up a 4-person BR, and then a single full BR after. We also just did a standard BR draft and left out the Bounty cards.

First round I drafted-

2x Goldbug
Iron Man
Yellowjacket
Venom

Everybody's got Sidestep! Yellowjacket's Perplexing everyone! The only other intimidating piece on the board was Cobalt Man, with his Indom and Pulse Wave. It was pretty much a bloodbath, as everyone would creep up the map, Iron man would plink when possible, and then Venom would surprise everyone with his traited Sidestep/Leap Climb/Steal Energy. I wound up KOing something silly like 9 pieces because Venom kept eating people, popping a token off with his Thunderbolts trait, then popping next to somebody and repeating.

Second round I drafted-

Mach IV
Jack O' Lantern
Wasp
Goldbug
She-Hulk

One of the other guys pulled a Speed Freak, which made his team a Hypersonic killbox. She-Hulk Kool-Aided her way through some walls, and my other characters followed suit to protect her from a Speed Freak lasso. Speed Freak wound up nabbing and killboxing my Goldbug, then She-Hulk proceeded to bust through more walls and KO a Microbe, and Wasp crippled a Coldblood, who was then KO'd by a Spider-Man that Jack O' Lantern ate, and Mach IV pushed to finish off a wounded Hercules after he and a Hulkling KO'd my She-Hulk. A tight game that all but belonged to the guy running Speed Freak, but he refused to push his team in order to rack up huge points with his killbox.

All told, I won the prize Captain America and Captain Marvel, and drafted a Venom. We bought extras of boosters that were out, and I pulled an Atlas, then traded a Dark Angel for a Wiccan. Walking with two of the six prize pieces and three of the four SRs is nice, because it means I get to worry less about playing this event, which...sounds really weird. I had fun with the BRs, because the set is well-balanced against itself, but I'm just not excited for the set, outside of a few pieces.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So kinda random question here cause it's come up a few times now in our games. For characters with a trait or power that says "when X would take damage from an attack", like the uncommon Deadpools defense regen power or Slash's defense power, would that activate if an enemy used incap on them with two action tokens? I said no when it came up, because to me the damage is coming from the pushing (or them lacking the ability to push rather) and incap says "make an attack that deals no damage" and then adds "if the target already has 2 action tokens, deal the target 1 penetrating damage" but my mate argued that they're still taking damage from an attack in that case. If I'm wrong then fair enough, I'll eat some humble pie but I'm relatively sure I'm right (and it also seems in the spirit of the game that incapping is a way around those sorts of powers to me but that's neither here nor there).

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

So kinda random question here cause it's come up a few times now in our games. For characters with a trait or power that says "when X would take damage from an attack", like the uncommon Deadpools defense regen power or Slash's defense power, would that activate if an enemy used incap on them with two action tokens? I said no when it came up, because to me the damage is coming from the pushing (or them lacking the ability to push rather) and incap says "make an attack that deals no damage" and then adds "if the target already has 2 action tokens, deal the target 1 penetrating damage" but my mate argued that they're still taking damage from an attack in that case. If I'm wrong then fair enough, I'll eat some humble pie but I'm relatively sure I'm right (and it also seems in the spirit of the game that incapping is a way around those sorts of powers to me but that's neither here nor there).

Incap is an interesting case. If you're using it to give them a second action token and push them, then no, you don't trigger things like Ridiculous Regeneration or Mystics. However, if they have two tokens and you use Incap on them, you're dealing damage during the attack, which makes that damage from an attack, even though Incap says it deals no damage.

Heroclix is a fun game.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
drat it, I hate being wrong. Fair enough though, will keep that in mind if it ever comes up again. Is it the same with Mastermind while I'm thinking about this? If they get Masterminded damage onto them I mean.

Aside, in theory I really like the new direction they're going with dial design where you can play the full Mauraders or Giant Sized Xmen roster in a relatively low point game. However, playing those in friendly golden era games against people playing mostly 2010-2015 era Clix leads to those new pieces getting smashed in just because of their really short dials, at least in my experience. I didn't even get to see Sabretooth do his cool special move which made me very sad.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

thebardyspoon posted:

drat it, I hate being wrong. Fair enough though, will keep that in mind if it ever comes up again. Is it the same with Mastermind while I'm thinking about this? If they get Masterminded damage onto them I mean.

Damage transferred by Mastermind isn't considered to be damage from an attack, so you wouldn't get something like Ridiculous Regeneration or Mystics triggering from it. The damage does retain the original type, so you would get whatever damage reducers that you had, unless the original attack was dealing penetrating damage.

My favorite part about that Incap quirk is that, as a no-damage attack, the attacker doesn't get hurt if they crit miss. But if they're Incapping someone who already has two tokens, that makes it a damaging attack, and they DO get hurt by a crit miss. Rules are fun!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I'm going to Origins for the first time in many years.

Anything cool happening clix-wise that would require me to bring some teams?

EDIT: Never mind, found a list of Side Events (because there's no point for me to attempt the big tourneys - I'm not that good and I hate meta play).

There are Golden Age tournaments that state "You may not include any non-character game elements except standard objects on your force and all starting force game elements you use (not including Sideline) must be able to begin the game on the map."

Does this effectively prohibit everything except actual figures and standard objects? No feats, no resources, no BFCs, no Entities? I feel like many of us have been searching for a succinct way to create tournaments that prohibit doucheplay but there's always some loophole to exploit. Does this mean that characters who generate bystanders can't generate them because they don't begin the game on the map?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 8, 2016

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Steve Vader posted:

There are Golden Age tournaments that state "You may not include any non-character game elements except standard objects on your force and all starting force game elements you use (not including Sideline) must be able to begin the game on the map."

Does this effectively prohibit everything except actual figures and standard objects? No feats, no resources, no BFCs, no Entities? I feel like many of us have been searching for a succinct way to create tournaments that prohibit doucheplay but there's always some loophole to exploit. Does this mean that characters who generate bystanders can't generate them because they don't begin the game on the map?

I'll be running all the side events, so feel free to quote me on this. Indeed, no feats, resources, BFCs, or characters that start the game off the map (IE, Entities). Last year, we just said 'no tactics,' and got loopholed every which way, so it's a bit clearer this time.

That does NOT include call-in bystanders, as those are not a starting force element. An exception has also been made for characters that start with non-optional attachments - Klarion starting with Teekl okay is okay, since they have no choice, but the Champion starting with the Power Gem is not, since that's optional.

There's a FAQ with some clarifications here

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh, cool.

So no ATAs, even if they are on the character card, because they are an optional extra expense?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

A goon I've not met? Huzzah! Please find me and say hello.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm an armchair goon at best, but I shall try!

Also, this will give me something to actually build teams for since my venues just keep doing sealed events forever.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Steve Vader posted:

Oh, cool.

So no ATAs, even if they are on the character card, because they are an optional extra expense?

No ATAs, because they would start on your force but aren't a character or standard object.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Torrent can you change the TMNT event to 400 points, the all four turtles/casey/april/party wagon team I'm dying to play is 400 points.

I just want to Party Wagon around Origins is that so much to ask

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Torrent posted:

My favorite part about that Incap quirk is that, as a no-damage attack, the attacker doesn't get hurt if they crit miss. But if they're Incapping someone who already has two tokens, that makes it a damaging attack, and they DO get hurt by a crit miss. Rules are fun!

Do you have a ruling link on that? Incap is still an attack that deals no damage, it's just that Incap has a special rules rider that deals 1 penetrating to hit targets with two tokens. The only reason that that triggers Mystics, etc., is that it's damage dealt by a character during an attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Do you have a ruling link on that? Incap is still an attack that deals no damage, it's just that Incap has a special rules rider that deals 1 penetrating to hit targets with two tokens. The only reason that that triggers Mystics, etc., is that it's damage dealt by a character during an attack.

I'll second this request. I don't recall that ruling either.

• Locked thread