Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Baloogan posted:

i dunno what the right thing to do in iraq was

but obamas actions led to basically the poo poo storm we got there now

could you elaborate on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i'm guessing you're going to say he didn't confront maliki and should have put more support behind allawi? and that everything was peachy-kean until this point? also ignoring the status of forces agreement?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
now iraq war bad idea (i was for it at the time, but yeah bad idea in retrospect)

iraq occupation bad idea too, should have just let them kill each other en mass but instead we had two stand between the tribes

then pulling the gently caress out left a vacuum that bad guys filled in

obama should have told the tyrants we installed in iraq to get stuffed and finished the job. maybe repartition iraq, form kurdistan, sunnistan, and shitestan, including population transfers i dunno.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

night crew baby. you know what that means. it's time to drink precisely one gin and tonic and dehumanize ourselves and faces to bloodshed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

i'm guessing you're going to say he didn't confront maliki and should have put more support behind allawi? and that everything was peachy-kean until this point? also ignoring the status of forces agreement?

lol i guess you can't read my mind

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

im drinking red wine straight from the bottle

its my 'thing'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im drinking kokanee from a wine glass with ice in it

sue me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

ya its bombay sapphire ofc

love it straight too

i cant drink any more because i drank so much i broke my pancreas but when i did drink this was my favorite drink of all tme

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Baloogan posted:

obama should have told the tyrants we installed in iraq to get stuffed and finished the job. maybe repartition iraq, form kurdistan, sunnistan, and shitestan, including population transfers i dunno.

Oh ya, because that would have been easy and doable!

loving Jesus. The only winning move when it comes to the Middle East is not to play.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
so much natural selection in my family tree means im p sure i could metabolize a liquor store

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

Oh ya, because that would have been easy and doable!

loving Jesus. The only winning move when it comes to the Middle East is not to play.

yeah and thats why im for trump, gently caress the middle east
gently caress the saudi terrorist tyrant kings, should have invaded saudia arabia instead of iraq. still would result in the same thing happening but the loving suadis deserve it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

so much natural selection in my family tree means im p sure i could metabolize a liquor store

fuckin dumb poo poo pancreas. hey TRUMP GET ME A NEW PANCREASE

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
little bites al!, little bites

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Baloogan posted:

yeah this ain't happening

sorry for assuming you were going to put up the brooking's argument which so far has been the only meager intellectual attempt at blaming obama for this mess

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pook Good Mook posted:

not playing is also a move. also a losing one

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

yeah this ain't happening

sorry for assuming you were going to put up the brooking's argument which so far has been the only meager intellectual attempt at blaming obama for this mess
i dont have a clue what that is

maybe you could outline it while i watch a retired marine insult the media and say while wearing a trump hat that its shameful that the liberal media uses veterans as poltiical pawns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i used to drink Clan MacGregor scotch (because it was $13 a handle) straight from the bottle after drinking an entire bottle of whatever the cheapest port i could find to prep me for the night. on average i blacked out 5 times a week. you're all fuckin amateurs

i dont drink anymore but weed is p cool but of course it turns you into a liberal the instant you smoke it so dads hate it

vote trump, his pick for AG is a states rights guy who wants to punish states harshly for legalizing weed at teh state level

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_iUitebgI

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Didn't Trump just use 42 separate vet organizations as pawns?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

42. Very canny number choice. Big with the nerd set

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
one thing i love about trump's whole campaign is that it really isn't internally consistent

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lote posted:

"Donald Trump! Donald! Buzzfeed News! Marry, gently caress, kill? Harambe the Gorilla, baby Hitler, and a human avatar of 1945 Hiroshima?"

Just catching up itt cause yall posted like maniacs while I was out today

But k, f, m, respectively

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Also my vote is for cheap wine and slightly less cheap cannabis, hail Satan, hail night crew

Has anyone made the obvious renegAIDS joke yet

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

I'm setting the over/under on "Number of thinkpieces about how the Trump U playbook mirrors the Trump presidential campaign strategy" at 15.

e:
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/738049172109168640

Overrrrrrrrr, obviously.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Baloogan posted:

one thing i love about trump's whole campaign is that it really isn't internally consistent

Or externally consistent

Bourbon neat crew represent. gently caress ice/mixers/whatever, go alcoholism or go home

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Baloogan posted:

i dont have a clue what that is

maybe you could outline it while i watch a retired marine insult the media and say while wearing a trump hat that its shameful that the liberal media uses veterans as poltiical pawns

it was a pretty scathing indictment of the obama admin's failures to 'put pressure', whatever that means, on the maliki admin when their elections went to poo poo. it briefly got some play on the right but the problem was any time you dive into any specific criticism in detail it leads you right back to the bush admin and it's clear the obama admin's choices were eating poo poo soup or poo poo salad.

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/papers/2013/07/30%20fall%20rise%20fall%20iraq%20pollack/pollack_iraq.pdf

whenever you hear someone on the right claim that obama lost iraq they're probably referring to this narrative. it's a load of poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i dont understand the position and cant elaborate on what i would do differently, but i can say with total certainty that what i would do would be beautiful and perfect

vote for me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the right loves the troops that's why they're always trying to send them to heaven all the time

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

oystertoadfish posted:

im drinking red wine straight from the bottle

its my 'thing'

same

everybody post your night swill

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

same

a jar of peanut butter and ramen au natural because i have no money until friday

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

a jar of peanut butter and ramen au natural because i have no money until friday

Bernout spotted

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
http://www.recode.net/2016/6/1/11835606/intel-ceo-plans-scraps-fund-raiser-donald-trump

Intel's CEO in one day planned and dropped a fundraiser for Trump after NYTimes questioned him about it.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q_d0w91plU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
well i got my beers and like some g&t in a bit and nibbling on some roast beefs and bree cheese and actually way too much loving food overall

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Epic High Five posted:

chunky or smooth?

also uh I "someone I know" just got this email

i'm very conflicted. I feel like passing that kind of check would cause me to lose faith in the system, and failing it would probably be bad for other reasons,

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr. Boogie posted:

Cain says French supporters are "suffering from CDS...conservative denial syndrome!"

hermun cayne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

chunky or smooth?

also uh I "someone I know" just got this email

i'm very conflicted. I feel like passing that kind of check would cause me to lose faith in the system, and failing it would probably be bad for other reasons,

do it you pussy

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

same

i'm a limp-wristed health-concious liberal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010