Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shinjobi posted:

I think Deku's dad is John Cena cause he can spit hot fire and he never gives up. I think Deku clearly inherited that second one from his father. Who, again, is John Cena.

100% Convinced. Gonna only refer to him as Cena jr. from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
John Cena is also the father of Hakagure, cos you can't see her.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
You've all fallen victim to a mistranslation. Deku's dad isn't a person who spits fire, he's a British fighter plane from WWII.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Perhaps John Cena is patient zero, and all quirks stem from him?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Sandman posted:

You've all fallen victim to a mistranslation. Deku's dad isn't a person who spits fire, he's a British fighter plane from WWII.

Man, a quirk that consisted of having three 12.7mm guns on each of your arms would be pretty badass.

edit: It would be even better if they were located such that you had to spread your arms out like an airplane to aim them straight.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 2, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Man, a quirk that consisted of having three 12.77mm guns on each of your arms would be pretty badass.

edit: It would be even better if they were located such that you had to spread your arms out like an airplane to aim them straight.

You could only shoot in one direction though.

Seems like a weak quirk.

It doesn't have the versatility of Aoyama's lasers, which can bend and also propel him in a single line.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Shinjobi posted:

I think Deku's dad is John Cena cause he can spit hot fire and he never gives up. I think Deku clearly inherited that second one from his father. Who, again, is John Cena.

No wonder we haven't seen him

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is there going to be a chapter this week? I'm anxious to see what happens.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
It all adds up, Deku is destined to rise above hate as prince and future king of the Cenation.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is there going to be a chapter this week? I'm anxious to see what happens.

I heard spoilers are already leaking, so unless there's a Silver Week I'm not aware of yeah.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You could only shoot in one direction though.

Seems like a weak quirk.

It doesn't have the versatility of Aoyama's lasers, which can bend and also propel him in a single line.

Nah, you could shoot in different directions by moving your arms and body around like you were pretending to be a plane. And unlike Aoyama's quirk it would be capable of turning large groups of people into swiss cheese in the space of a few seconds.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

Nah, you could shoot in different directions by moving your arms and body around like you were pretending to be a plane. And unlike Aoyama's quirk it would be capable of turning large groups of people into swiss cheese in the space of a few seconds.

And there would be no getting diarrhea as a result of using your power too much.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Fighter pilot from WWI.

Eventually Deku is going to meet his great-great-grandnephew.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

is the naval laser concussive?

...is it from the punch dimension like Cyclops?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Fighter pilot from WWI.

Eventually Deku is going to meet his great-great-grandnephew.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

You'd look very silly while doing so.

Look how suave Aoyama looks as he holds his stomach in pain.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

No wonder we haven't seen him

:golfclap:

Ytlaya posted:

But you could only fire the guns if you make the airplane noises with your mouth.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Spoilers.

Yeah judging by the spoilers and spoiler pics, a lot of tears are going to be shed this week.

ASIC v Danny Bro fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 2, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Sure, if you don't understand what that scene was even about (i.e., a stupid person). The point was to make it very clear that Deku didn't have a super secret power that even he was unaware of. That poo poo has been used in innumerable mediocre shounen fighting manga, after all. But with the doctor holding up an x-ray, there was proof that Deku was weak and powerless and would be for the rest of his life.
Then they kept piling on with how lovely Deku's life was. He idolized heroes, but the kid who was actually going to become one regularly bullied him. No one believed Deku could become a hero, and they were right. Even All Might, the person he had idolized for his entire life told him to give it up! It was all to provide more impact to the scene when Deku was told for the first time in his life that yes, he could actually be a hero.

But no, the first chapter which set the premise and tone of the rest of the manga was really about a super secret plot because two old guys look kind of similar. Even if that dumb as hell theory is true, what would it even mean? A41 is on his way out. He isn't Deku's enemy, Shigaraki is and Shigaraki wouldn't know or care what happened way back then. What, is A41 gonna give Shigaraki a bunch of quirks but specifically mention "oh hey this one came from a random baby from a normal family"?

To be fair, most popular shonen titles have the main character start as an underdog but halfway through they discover he was THE CHOSEN ONE all along, can't blame people for making that suggestion.

Can you please not?

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Petiso posted:

Can you please not?

Sorry, edited.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

Sure, if you don't understand what that scene was even about (i.e., a stupid person). The point was to make it very clear that Deku didn't have a super secret power that even he was unaware of. That poo poo has been used in innumerable mediocre shounen fighting manga, after all. But with the doctor holding up an x-ray, there was proof that Deku was weak and powerless and would be for the rest of his life.
Then they kept piling on with how lovely Deku's life was. He idolized heroes, but the kid who was actually going to become one regularly bullied him. No one believed Deku could become a hero, and they were right. Even All Might, the person he had idolized for his entire life told him to give it up! It was all to provide more impact to the scene when Deku was told for the first time in his life that yes, he could actually be a hero.

But no, the first chapter which set the premise and tone of the rest of the manga was really about a super secret plot because two old guys look kind of similar. Even if that dumb as hell theory is true, what would it even mean? A41 is on his way out. He isn't Deku's enemy, Shigaraki is and Shigaraki wouldn't know or care what happened way back then. What, is A41 gonna give Shigaraki a bunch of quirks but specifically mention "oh hey this one came from a random baby from a normal family"?

If it was true that everyone with a fifth toe was quirkless, then his mother would have maybe reacted a bit differently. It was a strong indication that he was quirkless, because quirk-people are considered an evolved people and usually are missing that digit as its function for balance has become unnecessary. However, like most science it's just a helpful indicator of who definitely have quirks and who could be quirkless. We know 80% of the population are in possession of quirks, so we can assume people with four toes are 100% quirk people. But among people with five toes, there's likely still a few quirk-possessive people. However, being lower on the evolutionary ladder than quirk people, it is possible that it'd take longer for them to show that they had powers, which is possibly why so many people are buying that Deku just all of a sudden possesses a quirk.

Mind, that is just a theory on how to justify Midoriya developing powers later in the show, it's not a statement on "well, he's DEFINATELY going to do it later!" or anything. Just keeping a flexible mind about how a manga about a young boy who struggles overcomes obstacles.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I didn't even think the "Salaryman dad" thing was still a common thing in Japan anymore.

I'm under the impression between sinking into the ocean and fixing that, Japan would take the long bath.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 2, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Post the spoilers and stop talking around them

Also Aizawa's English voice is pretty lame. I was expecting Sinclair and it's some dude who I heard in OP for five minutes as Kaku.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man, I keep forgetting Thursdays at arse'o'clock UK Time is when MHA's dub drops.

I kinda wish they'd just sync the dub and sub to release on the same day (Not the same episode of course, that'd be daft)

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 2, 2016

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mordaedil posted:

If it was true that everyone with a fifth toe was quirkless, then his mother would have maybe reacted a bit differently. It was a strong indication that he was quirkless, because quirk-people are considered an evolved people and usually are missing that digit as its function for balance has become unnecessary. However, like most science it's just a helpful indicator of who definitely have quirks and who could be quirkless. We know 80% of the population are in possession of quirks, so we can assume people with four toes are 100% quirk people. But among people with five toes, there's likely still a few quirk-possessive people. However, being lower on the evolutionary ladder than quirk people, it is possible that it'd take longer for them to show that they had powers, which is possibly why so many people are buying that Deku just all of a sudden possesses a quirk.

Mind, that is just a theory on how to justify Midoriya developing powers later in the show, it's not a statement on "well, he's DEFINATELY going to do it later!" or anything. Just keeping a flexible mind about how a manga about a young boy who struggles overcomes obstacles.

Deku just has a pinky toe joint, not an extra toe while Quirk users only have 4 toes.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rudoku posted:

Deku just has a pinky toe joint, not an extra toe while Quirk users only have 4 toes.

Whoops, you are right, I just keep misremembering for some reason.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Post the spoilers and stop talking around them

:siren:These are legit spoilers:siren:

One For The Sake of All
Deku is seen crying as he sees All Might's last stand, Bakugou wants to rush back, but Kirishima holds him back.
AFO explains how Tomura exists for the sake of a 'real' world. One that is neither evil nor just.
Allmight's vision gets blurry as AFO runs to the passed out Mount Lady. Allmight wants to land the decisive blow, but AFO's hand enters(?) Mount Lady's chest. He explains that he has her 'most precious thing' right in his hand.
Allmight hesitates and calls for Gran Torino, but the screams remain unheard. AFO lets Mount Lady fall to the ground and faces Allmight while moving his right arm around. Allmight gets ready to attack him.
He remembers how he was bullied in school, because of his size, how he meet his mentor and Gran Torino, how he feel in love for the first time, how he became a named hero, how he had to leave his woman after 'the incident' and how he meet Deku after realising that he had not much time left.
AFO's meanwhile mumbles Tomura's name. Both of them run to another.
Allmight For the order, for these people, for this world - I shall defeat you, because I came. For my Hero (Deku)! I promise you, you'll save everyone!
AFO: Don't get so emotional, you fool! (Tomura)
Allmight screams Nevada Punch as AFO's right hand turn into that of a giant. He uses his other quirks to improve it. A huge explosion destroys the ground they stood, but seems to be concentrated on one point. After the smoke clears a team of reporter is commenting the situation live.
AFO is seen passed out with his broken arm. The right side of his body was blown apart. The reporters praise Allmight and all around the city the people are screaming in happiness. All of UA's kids are showing screaming that Allmight won in tears.
Suddenly the field of Vision is changed to the ground before AFO. Screams are heard from the live broadcast as Allmight is seen lying on the ground, with only his upper body partly remaining.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Honestly if we're going "there can be no coincidences" with Deku's parentage then with his dad having a fire breath power then it's more likely he's a reject from Endevor's family line somewhere along the lines since obviously only one person and their family can have fire powers at all.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Kouhei originally wanted Deku to be Batman on a budget, but the editorial team wanted him to have a superpower. One For All was their compromise, so to speak.

Deku probably doesn't have any other powers. Should he suddenly develop more powers, feel free to say you told us so. Until then, let's have a little less "But maybe...!" going on in this thread. Speculation is always kosher, but this kinda circular guessing game gets old fast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy stinking super crap

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

Kouhei originally wanted Deku to be Batman on a budget, but the editorial team wanted him to have a superpower. One For All was their compromise, so to speak.

Deku probably doesn't have any other powers. Should he suddenly develop more powers, feel free to say you told us so. Until then, let's have a little less "But maybe...!" going on in this thread. Speculation is always kosher, but this kinda circular guessing game gets old fast.

Fair enough, I don't see it happening in the near future anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, on offense, it's just one of those conversations that pops up from time to time with no real substantive arguments to be made, making scrolling through several posts about it kinda tiresome.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, on offense, it's just one of those conversations that pops up from time to time with no real substantive arguments to be made, making scrolling through several posts about it kinda tiresome.

How about on defense?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It fuckin sucks

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baal posted:

It fuckin sucks

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I eagerly await the day when the thread becomes JoJo-tier powerlisting wikia random "MAKE YOUR OWN QUIRK!" posts

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

:siren:These are legit spoilers:siren:

I still believe in All Might.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I eagerly await the day when the thread becomes JoJo-tier powerlisting wikia random "MAKE YOUR OWN QUIRK!" posts

Is that what happened to the JoJo thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is that what happened to the JoJo thread.

Not on SA in my memory, but it happens like 99.9% of all other JoJo discussions. It's... Baal, what's the word I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The JoJo thread has been several pages of "post your stand from this stand generator" and "post your seventh stand user stand" before