Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

TWIST FIST posted:

i dream of there one day being an ik announcement thread that people can post in without leading to stupid catchphrases or drama

Me too buddy. Maybe one day

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

did I miss the new catchphrase?

Piso Mojado

bliff

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_7KCqeEpQ

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

bliff like what

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

shinmai posted:

Thanks a million for this, I loved WTF D&D and had no idea about this. So awesome.

same

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

FilthIncarnate posted:

In other other news

I have like eight chicken thighs I need to use up, and I''m just out of ideas at this point.

Anyone have a recipe that doesn't involve paella, curry, or Filth Incarnate's patented "Sunshine Chicken", a complicated and time-consuming soy sauce/honey reduction?

I've been craving something I had a couple times a few years ago, which a friend has just informed me is called "pulao", and he has a cookbook with the recipe but won't send me it because he's busy just

*sigh*

anyway

I'm open to suggestions.

I apologize for being so late.

I'm a lazy cook, so here's what I'm planning to do with the three chicken thighs I'm thawing out for tomorrow:

• Cut up two sweet potatoes into thin slices.
  • Put a layer of them at the bottom of a glass oven pan or however you call them.
  • Put the thighs on them.
  • Shove some slices of the sweet potatoes into the skin.
  • Rub some nutmeg into this whole mess.
  • Cover with aluminum foil.
  • Put it in the oven for an hour on 375 F or until soft under the fork.
  • Remove the cover and keep it in the oven, for thirty minutes, or until skin is dry (check every 10 minutes or so after the first 30)
  • Eat.

shinmai posted:

Thanks a million for this, I loved WTF D&D and had no idea about this. So awesome.

You're most welcome! :buddy:

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 2, 2016

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
AA i checked the hebrew cursive and it was not nearly as bad as i had thought, even though i'm from the 'hebrew to me' zone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me

cursive russian is the worst

chinchilla:

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 2, 2016

----------------

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Hogge Wild posted:

AA i checked the hebrew cursive and it was not nearly as bad as i had thought, even though i'm from the 'hebrew to me' zone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me

chinchilla:

Hebrew cursive is barely worthy of the name. It's a bit faster to write than print, but it's not even connected or anything.

----------------

GIANT OUIJA BOARD

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Come play Cards Against Humanity with us :)

http://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=23

The password is: SACards

3D Megadoodoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hebrew cursive is barely worthy of the name. It's a bit faster to write than print, but it's not even connected or anything.

cursive? you mean beauty writing :finland:

3D Megadoodoo

We still had to write our matriculation exams in beauty writing with a pen and it was a pain in the rear end because basically no-one had used it since sixth grade.

Salmiakki

Jerry Cotton posted:

ah, finally a finland flag emoticon

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Jerry Cotton posted:

what did you have to emulate the style of proust or something like that

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

3D Megadoodoo

Doctor Dogballs posted:

what did you have to emulate the style of proust or something like that

Luther, of course.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jerry Cotton posted:

We still had to write our matriculation exams in beauty writing with a pen and it was a pain in the rear end because basically no-one had used it since sixth grade.

Unless you're like me and have brain problems (in this particular case, very severe dyslexia) and you got to do the matriculation exams on a laptop :)
To be fair, I wouldn't have graduated if I'd had to write my Finnish essay in cursive and with a ballpoint pen.

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

Unless you're like me and have brain problems (in this particular case, very severe dyslexia) and you got to do the matriculation exams on a laptop :)
To be fair, I wouldn't have graduated if I'd had to write my Finnish essay in cursive and with a ballpoint pen.

Sounds like it would be very difficult to write on a laptop. The keys are all uneven.

3D Megadoodoo

:downsrim:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sounds like it would be very difficult to write on a laptop. The keys are all uneven.

With some Sisu, determination and can-do attitude, anything is possible!

e: ps. consumer product review: salmiakki Vichy is weird and gross

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

With some Sisu, determination and can-do attitude, anything is possible!

e: ps. consumer product review: salmiakki Vichy is weird and gross

jesus what?

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Ahh, the fresh air feels good. I get why Juha Valjakkala Aslak Ahonen Nikita Fouganthine Nikita Bergenström escapes all the time.

Unfortunately, just like Nikita, once Dope Fiend Killa G realises I'm loose, I'll be promptly heading back to the Big House. Such is the life of a street-wise criminal such as myself. I didn't choose the hug life.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Oh you haven't heard?

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

Oh you haven't heard?

THANKS, SIBIMÄ

3D Megadoodoo

What's next, salmiakki steak? Oh wait they already did that :barf:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's next, salmiakki steak? Oh wait they already did that :barf:

A friend of a friend is a gourmet chef, and is developing a recipe for deep-fried salmiakki. As gross as that sounds, when he went into details, it actually sounded like it could be kind of nice with ice cream or something.

Salmiakki

when even finnish people dont like something with salmiakki you know something is severely hosed

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

alnilam

Salmiakki posted:

when even finnish people dont like something with salmiakki you know something is severely hosed

Signs of the end times

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out

:)

Thank you for your recipe.

I ended up making drunken chicken thighs by gently simmering them in soy sauce and rice wine.

it turned out pretty good!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Was this in the 50s?

Also salmiakki is like heroin for me, I have to try that vissy.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

Hogge Wild posted:

Was this in the 50s?

Also salmiakki is like heroin for me, I have to try that vissy.

Yes forums poster Holger Milf it was in the 1850s.

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I interviewed some dudes and a lady dude yesterday. First interview and hire I've ever done woo. I am proud of mahself. also got a nude man wallet design approved. anyway hola

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Goongratulations on being productive!

That butterfly is fabulous, and I would be it's friend if I were a butterfly. We could form some sort of club maybe and go out looking for nectar to eat and poo poo

e: I finally made a decision and ordered one of your wallets, I'll post pics when it arrives so yobbers on the fence can take the plunge without worry

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Thanks!

I think he's a moth, which apparently are even more cheerful! Here, have another cute little guy. I bet they're the softest thing on the planet

Also holy balls I am excited my first wallet is going to be in a yobber butt pocket yay thank you

E this is now the cute moth thread, for at least two pages

symbolic

shinmai posted:

That butterfly is fabulous, and I would be it's friend if I were a butterfly. We could form some sort of club maybe and go out looking for nectar to eat and poo poo
i think it's a type of moth, actually. i used to see them quite a bit when i went to boy scout camp during the summer.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
wait, moths aren't butterflies?

Anywho, that is now officially my spirit animal *adds rosy maple moth to "tattoo ideas" notebook*

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Okay, they're apparently closely related, both are part of the Lepidoptera order. Turns out are a ton more moths than there are butterflies, which is cool with me, because a whole bunch of them are incredibly beautiful

Scathach

Look at this soft little guy!

Crinklepouch

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.

Hogge Wild posted:

chinchilla:

Looks like Fish-egg language

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Their antennae and eyes are so beautiful.

(sweetbay silk moth)

(silkworm moth)

So. Turns out I love moths, byob. You learn new things every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach

look at this motherfluffer