Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Crossposting from the LP DBZ Megathread:

I played this game. It was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Art

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Crossposting from the LP DBZ Megathread:
A channel I follow on Youtube added some videos about Taiketsu, a GBA game made by Webfoot, the guys behind the masterpiece that is the Legacy of Goku series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CNf7YxLqA

Holy poo poo this game looks and plays terrible.

Wow! It looks like they ported DBZ somehow to the Clayfighter Engine.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Poe's law is dangerous.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Looks like this might be real, fair warning for spoilers from the 2ch leak:

So, "Black Goku" turns out to be some kind of... evil Vegito? Future Mai confirmed too, maybe!

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 2, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God bless the movies for this pairing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Never stop, DBSuper. Never ever stop.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress I have to actually watch Super now because something I care about is happening

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's amazing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
everything about that image is great

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I am completely on board with all of this.

Give me Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Momomo posted:

I am completely on board with all of this.

Give me Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito.

Super Cyan Vegito vs. Evil Gokuegito. It's every dumb fanfic come to life! AND FUTURE TRUNKS AND MAI WILL BE THERE!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

gently caress I have to actually watch Super now because something I care about is happening

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mai's looking great for someone who's like 60. Not as good as Bulma's hot mom though, who's like 80 or so.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Super was more dumb fanfic nonsense like this I'd have been on board long ago

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mai's looking great for someone who's like 60. Not as good as Bulma's hot mom though, who's like 80 or so.

Turns out the secret to turning back into a teenager and getting a hot young boyfriend are his magical balls

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

If Super was more dumb fanfic nonsense like this I'd have been on board long ago

I find I enjoy Super a lot more when people don't try to summarize the episodes, because it actually does its execution really well.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So black goku responsible for universe 6 earths destruction?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That is awesome and I wish that I could stand grandma Goku.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

What if she's just Mai's daughter?

Or if that's not Future Trunks Classic, but a future version of current Kid Trunks and that's our currently-tiny Mai? The time machine back there has a different color scheme from the old one.

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 2, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Toriyama said that a popular character from the future would be returning, though people seem to be saying that it's not Cell saga Trunks based on something that has been said since.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
That image is the greatest thing ive ever seen in my life I want to make love to it

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

loving hell. I follow a show where "It's not Future Trunks, it's current-timeline Trunks but from the future" makes 100% sense to everyone that reads it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I imagine that the writing team just got together and was like "Wouldn't this be sick?" and Toriyama is there like "Do it. Put it in." and nobody questions it.

I'm super stoked.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Holy gently caress I am excited.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So are we good with Blue Hair Trunks? I'm okay with it, but it's not Trunks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Trunks had blue hair in promotional art for RoF too. It'll be purple in the show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

StrifeHira posted:

Looks like this might be real, fair warning for spoilers from the 2ch leak:

So, "Black Goku" turns out to be some kind of... evil Vegito? Future Mai confirmed too, maybe!

Now I want the arc to end a la RoF where after a desperate battle against Black Goku, as SSB Gogeta lies defeated, Mai just shoots him in the back of the head and saves the day.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
This is probably gonna be real fukin' cool.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 2, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is beautiful.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Goddamn that looks so much cooler than I expected.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A friend of mine has been watching Super and has pointed out that it's going to be really odd how they dub it because a good portion of the jokes with modern Goku is his gradual but unavoidable slide into being Old Redneck Grandpa. Goku's Japanese voice really works for that but his English voice is so blatantly superheroic that it's gonna be weird when they spend a lot of time on him repairing tractors and poo poo.

Also that image owns and I am looking forward to the upcoming BLACK GOKU arc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think that's going to be an issue at all, even though I don't like dubs. Granny Goku's voice acting of Goku is the same whether she's doing things for Kai or Super.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goku's dub voice is so much better at emoting different things it's not even funny. It'll be fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think that's going to be an issue at all, even though I don't like dubs. Granny Goku's voice acting of Goku is the same whether she's doing things for Kai or Super.

Yes, but Goku's Japanese voice has always been that way, it's just that Super is playing it up more in the actual plot. They could just shrug and ignore it of course but it'll still be interesting hearing Goku's English voice wax nostalgic about getting old.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think it's that big of a deal. Sean Schemmel has definitely moved his speaking patterns (or the dub writers have) closer to Japanese Goku recently, especially in BoG and RoF. Watch that whole scene where he introduces himself to Beerus.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, but Goku's Japanese voice has always been that way, it's just that Super is playing it up more in the actual plot.

not really, Goku is acting the exact same as he's done whenever he's been asked to do "normal" human stuff before. They may have more of it, but this isn't the first time and the Dub has handled those moments fine before. It'll be fine now. Sean Schemmel is a capable voice actor lol.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I wonder what the deal with Black Goku's earrings are.

Are they potara earings? Maybe he's trying to fuse with the Gokus from different timelines or something. Like I really doubt he's the Goku that died of the heart virus and was somehow resurrected.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

not really, Goku is acting the exact same as he's done whenever he's been asked to do "normal" human stuff before. They may have more of it, but this isn't the first time and the Dub has handled those moments fine before. It'll be fine now. Sean Schemmel is a capable voice actor lol.

Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I don't think he's done a great job of that element of Goku and honestly I feel like the dub mostly exercised it entirely. (It isn't just him, Chi-Chi is the same way where she's just Angry Wife in the dub.) I doubt anyone who only watched the dub would tell you Goku and his wife were basically Country Folk.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

A friend of mine has been watching Super and has pointed out that it's going to be really odd how they dub it because a good portion of the jokes with modern Goku is his gradual but unavoidable slide into being Old Redneck Grandpa. Goku's Japanese voice really works for that but his English voice is so blatantly superheroic that it's gonna be weird when they spend a lot of time on him repairing tractors and poo poo.

Superman was raised by farmers, could just do a Kent impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sean Schemmel is able to do dumb hick Goku perfectly fine, rewatch Battle of Gods if you need to

• Locked thread