Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I hope they did mess up! ;)

When is it supposed to start? 28th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
U30 is the 29th.

They've also turned on almost every event, bonus, added all the store rares and added double bonus points right now.

quote:

Dungeons & Dragons Online will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary starting on Thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning Eastern on Thursday and running through Sunday, February 28th, players will get:

+30% Guild Renown
+5% XP bonus per Party Member
Double Mysterious Remnants
+1 Loot

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
+20% Challenge Rewards
+10% Heroic and Epic XP

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Wow. Ok thanks for the heads up! I'm at the tail end of a big move and have been out of touch with most things lately.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Don't be like me and spend your token. They're adding a couple more things shortly.

Myrdraayl
Apr 13, 2011

Woden posted:

Oh yeah, there was a bug with quivers in that you could craft a BTA arrow, put it in the quiver which would then make the quiver BTA. So you may be able to roll up an alt and steal its quiver, still need an Abbot seal for the upgrade to striding though.

Bolding and reposting this because it still works so make an alt and send the quiver to your main if you don't have it already.

Woden
May 6, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Don't be like me and spend your token. They're adding a couple more things shortly.

quote:

A cosmetic Robe of Winter Ice, the heroic Sword of Shadow, Cloudburst, and an auto-consume 100,000 XP gem.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Maybe they will give everyone another token! ;)

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Unless the robe looks really cool, I'm okay with having spent one of my tokens.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They also added 10 Commendations of Heroism. Side note, it appears the robe is BtA so if you have the char slots free, make an alt and grab it if you want it.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I'm so indecisive, I wish they'd let me keep this ticket and have it work forever like the raid boxes and other cakes. :/

Robe of ice:

Other cool thing about cosmetics is you can craft on 10 fire or cold resistance onto some of them. Hopefully it works for this cosmetic but not sure, personally I'm never giving up my ragged rags.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I know that the events (Cove etc) are gone tomorrow but how long is the event challenge up for? And traders? I wish they'd stay forever too.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They are around for at least all of march, but turbine has yet to set an end date.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Also a nice experience bonus days for the weekend: DDO Bonus Days bring you +20% Heroic and Epic XP along with +5% VIP XP, now through March 6th!

Also agreed on the expiration. I really don't like how that's become a trend in MMOs more and more these days.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 4, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I think I'm going to start playing this again, I remember it being pretty fun. I think I had a level 20 (or was at least high enough to do some raids with goons) I remember working on but never completed some green weapons when that was the big thing. My plan is to just nuke that character for more points since everything is probably worthless and start a new 34 point build.

What classes go goons need most, if something looks fun I'll take it. This game is more about the journey then the end game when I played it last but having an end game goal helps with motivation.

edit: client finished downloading right before I'm heading out to my 5e game. Character is actually only level 19 but has 5-10th anniversary stuff on him, I also have a level 18 I forgot about with the same goodies. Any recommendations on turn ins for them, not really sold on a Drow ranger/monk or Warforged Rogue/Wizard anymore and 34 point builds seem like a pretty nice come back perk, I do have enough lessers from freebies while not playing to just make a 32 point from the 18 (I think the 19 is a 24 point build).

pixaal fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 5, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
There is no need for any specific classes. Just for people to actually play.

If you have a character that close to 20 don't even bother to burn a lesser. Just grab onto a random group and leech xp till 20 if you are going to TR. In fact TR into an iconic and start out at lvl 15.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
Any goons hanging around on Sarlona? I'm trying to eke out another ranger life and have just absolutely lost all momentum at level 18, while my guild mates are all sitting around 25 or so.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

In case anyone hasn't turned theirs in and still cares (totally not us, not at all) re: Anniversary Stay tuned for an exact end date; we're in the process of locking something in. That said, we're targeting mid-April, perhaps the morning of Monday, April 18th.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

DDO Bonus Days bring you +20% Heroic and Epic XP along with +5% VIP XP, now through April 10th!

Now that's a solid bonus. Though I think they should put them higher in general, with all the past lives people "need", the hardcore grinding people blowing through multiple lives in a bonus weekend isn't a bad thing. Especially since they'd have to buy a reincarnate timer reset I think.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
After many years of struggle, we now have a 5% xp shrine (1hr).

If someone wants to burn a shitload of shards (like around 2600?) we can get the 4.5hr xp shrine added to the amenities bar.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

First Look at U31 named items.

The heroic items that stand out to me is: Belt - Negative Energy Amp +33, Boon of Undeath, Enhancement Light Resistance +32, Quality Int +1, Green Augment Slot

I mean Pale Master isn't as insane as it used to be, but there's a solid item with (theoretically) reasonable to acquire Boon of Undeath.

Helmet - Magical Efficiency 5%, Equipment Potency +63, Insightful Potency +31, Quality Potency +15, Green Augment Slot

That's 109 all spellpowers, a green slot, and 5% less SP costs. God drat.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lvl 28 version : Helmet - Magical Efficiency 10%, Equipment Potency +131, Insightful Potency +65, Quality Potency +32, Green Augment Slot

I like how they are giving slot and levels but no clue as to what quest they will be from.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Gives them more time to iterate on the items, since people just need the stats to give feedback on that. Whereas for the quest you actually need to run it for valuable feedback. It's weird but good!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Update 31 is on Lamannia.

Fighter Kensei enhancement pass.
Three free quests.
Two new hairstyles are now available for human male characters.
Six new beards are now available for gnomes.
Several new beards are now available for human male characters.

So not a bad patch, but nothing super exciting.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

DemonMage posted:

Update 31 is on Lamannia.

Fighter Kensei enhancement pass.
Three free quests.
Two new hairstyles are now available for human male characters.
Six new beards are now available for gnomes.
Several new beards are now available for human male characters.

So not a bad patch, but nothing super exciting.

Sounds more like patch of the year to me.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
No new beards for dwarves of both genders, 1/10 :v:

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
Anyone else having problems logging on to Argo? I can log on to all the other servers just fine, but when I try to log on to Argo I get stuck :smith:

Also, the official forums are loading slow as poo poo as well. Everything worked just fine last night after the update, but when I woke up today I couldn't play.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If anyone still cares, we got a Producer's Letter the other day!

• Still working on lag
  • Working on another classic module... Assault on the Slave Lords
  • As you probably know, we have already begun discussing the update to Cannith Crafting. Ever since we updated random loot players have been asking for an update to this crafting system, and the project is in full swing. It is a big system that will provide a good way to fill in gear holes as you level.
  • Monk and Favored Soul are next up for class passes after Crafting Revamp
  • Monks are getting the handwrap system looked at and maybe revamped
  • Favored Soul are getting their third tree finally
  • They're considering another class-less enhancement tree ala Harper if they can find a fitting one
  • They're happy with the Halloween thing and want to add some more dungeons to it this year possibly, feedback on it was good
  • Looking at another revamp of the Augment system, apparently the current system is a burden to work with
  • Tiefling and Aasimar are on the slate for Eventually

Some good stuff there, but we'll have to see how the modules shake out. I'm not super happy with the focus on Classic modules, I'd much rather see DDO's take on newer areas, I guess maybe they got tired of doing 4E content and then the 5E stories came out and totally hosed with the stuff they'd put out/working on for 4E and so they don't want to keep banging on the Shadovar stuff when that's taken a huge backseat. Which is likely part of why Anauroch got benched.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Lies. Handwraps will never be fixed.

Woden
May 6, 2006
All boring but needed changes.

I think they dropped Anauroch in part because of all the duping--it was supposed to be a companion raid for the fire peaks/shadow dragon raids, expanding on that crafting-- and in part because of the mixed response to those two dragon raids.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I've always thought blackguard was a good choice for a classless. I mean traditionally it requires evil but we're never doing that for basically coding/very light roleplay issues with quest dialogue reasons. But it would give options for people who want a charisma to saves and not have to splash paladin or are lawful good exempt because of class selections, could even make that a T5 ability to balance it out.

Woden
May 6, 2006
It's a pretty good grab bag of random stuff, there's the saves thing, some sneak dice, an aura that debuffs enemies and some SLAs like cause serious wounds, command undead(?), bless and the like.

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
I just started the game and foolishly subscribed before trying it. I didn't know it had these drat puzzles at the end of some of the quests. I finished the first one only because I found a .png of the finished puzzle but I'm stuck on the second one. 45 minutes of twisting those tiles to turn the freezing air toward the mob and no success. Anyone know of any resource for spoilers on the puzzles in this game? I like the rest of it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

DDOWiki has solutions for all of them. And there are apps (DDO Puzzle Solver for one) on iOS and Android for the more complicated late game ones.

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."

DemonMage posted:

DDOWiki has solutions for all of them. And there are apps (DDO Puzzle Solver for one) on iOS and Android for the more complicated late game ones.

Bless you sir!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If anyone is missing either of the expansions or wants one of the starter/Half/druid packs, they're all 75% off through the 5th. Main page doesn't list the reduced price, the package detail page will show the 75% off price.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
So I am planning on playing this and starting as a warlock is the guide in the op still viable or is there a better build that I can use?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Nothing much has changed with Warlocks since I posted that, the main thing is the new epic feats open up your choices a ton.
Arcane Insight, Wellspring of Power, Intensify Spell, Ruin + Greater Ruin are all viable depending on your focus. Even Burst of Glacial Wrath might be okay I guess, but Warlock isn't lacking for AE damage thanks to Cone shape.
Arcane Pulse and Spirit Blades are both decent choices for your level 29 Destiny feat.

Beyond that, Fiend for Hurl Through Hell is a great choice still, Cone shape is insanely good, but you can try out Chain shape easily since enhancements are trivial to gently caress with it. The build focuses on blasting and instant killing with Hurl Through Hell, so it's hard to go wrong, especially if you're new.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Warlock is stupid good and will ruin other casters if you ever try to play them after without having a bunch of gear/potions ready.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

It has been literally two years since I played. Considering throwing a month on and making a warlock, since they're cool and exciting sounding. Is the population active enough or will I be sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for groups like I did last time I played?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I mean you don't need to wait for groups, you could just make your party public if you want to be able to group with people. But you can easily solo, doubly so as a Warlock. They are stupidly powerful pre-epic (and settle on drat Good in epic).

There's also a public DDO Discord: https://discord.me/ddodiscord you could see if people are free to group there maybe?
Best thing to do is recruit a (b/g)friend to play with you, makes the game way more fun. And especially if you want just goons, that's gonna be real tough without setting something up before hand.

Maybe you and Drashin have a compatible time since you're both thinking of starting now and with Warlocks, and Duo Warlock is twice the ridiculousness!

• Locked thread