Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Heresiarch posted:

hand stuck to face send help

It just means that straight white men are just as oppressed as anyone the SJWs consider oppresed because the traditional intersectionalist formula doesn't take into account the Cathedral, and the fact that progs want to crush everyone.

Pax Dickinson is as oppressed as a racial or sexual minority, is the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The Milo event at UCLA was hilarious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Fututor Magnus posted:

It just means that straight white men are just as oppressed as anyone the SJWs consider oppresed because the traditional intersectionalist formula doesn't take into account the Cathedral, and the fact that progs want to crush everyone.

Pax Dickinson is as oppressed as a racial or sexual minority, is the idea.

Speaking of Pax, was Jokeocracy a Thing outside of the neoreactionary sphere who liked to retweet its righteous owns on SJeW cultural marxists? Because Pax seemed convinced him coming out as that account was like him revealing himself to be Banksy, when I'm not sure anybody outside of the NRx ommunity or people who like to make fun of the NRx community even knew it existed.

It barely even got posted in this thread.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don't even know who pax is. Just Aurini, the fat one, and that twitter people keep posting here.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Jack Gladney posted:

I don't even know who pax is. Just Aurini, the fat one, and that twitter people keep posting here.

Unlike most of NRx, Pax Dickinson has actually had any success in the real world. He was fired from Business Insider when Valleywag ran an article noting what a huge rear end in a top hat he was. This, by the way, is why NRx despises Gawker: if this sort of thing could happen to Pax Dickinson, why, what stupendous racist isn't in danger?

He tried a comeback in 2014 aiming to "expose journalistic corruption." It went nowhere. Reason set out in 2015 how unfair it was that other people remember Dickinson is a huge rear end in a top hat, because Reason.

The odd thing is that he identifies as NRx - horrible racist bros who have actual business success tend not to sign up with NRx. Because they prefer not to hang out with losers.

Of course, Dickinson's apparently stupendously racist and sexist BS was "satire", and we are but blinded cvcks.

divabot has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Jun 1, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

divabot posted:

The odd thing is that he identifies as NRx - horrible racist bros who have actual business success tend not to sign up with NRx. Because they prefer not to hang out with losers.

Ah, well...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Unlike most of NRx, Pax Dickinson has actually had any success in the real world. He was fired from Business Insider when Valleywag ran an article noting what a huge rear end in a top hat he was. This, by the way, is why NRx despises Gawker: if this sort of thing could happen to Pax Dickinson, why, what stupendous racist isn't in danger?

He tried a comeback in 2014 aiming to "expose journalistic corruption." It went nowhere. Reason set out in 2015 how unfair it was that other people remember Dickinson is a huge rear end in a top hat, because Reason.

Of course, Dickinson's apparently stupendously racist and sexist BS was "satire", and we are but blinded cvcks.

Also he ran a twitter account with an avatar of a rubber duck where he posted jokes your most unpleasant uncle would probably find funny.

Then he revealed it was him the whole time, and it blew the world's minds

Edit:

Pax Dickinson posted:

I hate to say I told you so, but I fuckin told you so. I knew this was going to happen and I tried to draw attention to it weeks ago.

I was The Duck. I was @Jokeocracy.

I saw this crackdown was coming, and I didn’t want to be disappeared in the night like some common communist. I wanted to go out in style. So I tweeted at dozens of journalists and left wing activists telling them how President Trump would have them executed during a French-Revolution-style Reign of Terror.

I rode to Valhalla, shiny and chrome, on the Fury Road. I lived, I died, and now I live again.

Please don’t ever ask me to apologize for The Duck.

It was performance art, and if you find it offensive, that’s often the point of performance art. Ask any Trump-supporting flyover country real American how they feel when they hear about some fat tattooed queer on stage in the East Village taking a messy dump on the American flag before a rapt audience. Uh oh, a glimmer of enlightenment, best stamp it out quickly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He... does know the French Reign of Terror was considered one of the first major left-wing tyrannies, right?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

It would help if he would explain what the satire was, and not just dodge the question and whine about how left-wing satire is okay, but his death threat satire is not

Almost like he doesn't know, and just wants to say stuff he believes deep down but knows is socially unacceptable.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It would help if he would explain what the satire was, and not just dodge the question and whine about how left-wing satire is okay, but his death threat satire is not

Almost like he doesn't know, and just wants to say stuff he believes deep down but knows is socially unacceptable.

Holy poo poo the mental gymnastics and failed dodges.

It's really heartening to see the big voices being incompetent chumps.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tesseraction posted:

Holy poo poo the mental gymnastics and failed dodges.

It's really heartening to see the big voices being incompetent chumps.

Jon Stewart used his show to express his genuine beliefs with jokes.

Pax Dickinson repeatedly says he's doing the same basic thing as Stewart

https://twitter.com/paxdickinson/status/702142848246874113

https://twitter.com/paxdickinson/status/702154138633773056

Therefore everything he's said that he says are jokes are his actual beliefs expressed through jokes

http://valleywag.gawker.com/business-insider-ctos-is-your-new-tech-bro-nightmare-1280336916

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
No one really cares about Pax Dickinson exept neoreactionaries, ClarkHat, and the gaggle of free-speech activists of the type who think that progs like to crush enemies like Pax and Moldbug.

He thinks that the duck was a big deal, so sure, I'll let him think that, if a small crowd of alt-right followers means being a big deal.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Jim Donald has posted some Trump fan art on his blog, which I won't post here as it's technically NSFW. (The print-resolution full sized version.) This image exists nowhere else on the web, so it seems Jim either drew or commissioned this fine work himself.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Fututor Magnus posted:

No one really cares about Pax Dickinson exept neoreactionaries, ClarkHat, and the gaggle of free-speech activists of the type who think that progs like to crush enemies like Pax and Moldbug.

And Ben Garrison, whose portrayal of him slaying assorted "evils" is now his profile picture.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

divabot posted:

Jim Donald has posted some Trump fan art on his blog, which I won't post here as it's technically NSFW. (The print-resolution full sized version.) This image exists nowhere else on the web, so it seems Jim either drew or commissioned this fine work himself.
Why does King Trump appear to have naked teenage sex slaves chained to the floor in front of his throne? Even Trump has more class than that.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pookel posted:

Why does King Trump appear to have naked teenage sex slaves chained to the floor in front of his throne? Even Trump has more class than that.

I don't know, him creeping on his own daughter says otherwise.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tardigrade posted:

And Ben Garrison, whose portrayal of him slaying assorted "evils" is now his profile picture.

Ben Garrison is a man who literally lived up to parody, and /pol/ parody at that. Though I guess it was less a parody and more a way to troll Garrison because he was libertarian and not anti-semitic.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Milo is going to be live at UC Irvine tonight, fellas. Be sure to tune in.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Please don't kinkshame him.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
On mobile so posting excerpts is hard, but this is a weird new twist on alt-right Twitter harassment squads:

https://mic.com/articles/144228/echoes-exposed-the-secret-symbol-neo-nazis-use-to-target-jews-online

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Speaking of, Pax's argument with Popehat produced some interesting commentary

https://twitter.com/kebabsndonuts/status/702156027010023424
https://twitter.com/kebabsndonuts/status/702147750696058881

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
WTF does "based" mean in this context, anyway?

And I didn't think Jim could possibly sink any lower - he was the guy who claimed "H. friend of the family" was a different species, right? - but those quotes above prove there is always more and it is always worse.

pookel has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Jun 2, 2016

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Heresiarch posted:

On mobile so posting excerpts is hard, but this is a weird new twist on alt-right Twitter harassment squads:

https://mic.com/articles/144228/echoes-exposed-the-secret-symbol-neo-nazis-use-to-target-jews-online

Goddamn Nazis ruining Sunn O))) :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Djdi6z0m8

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

pookel posted:

And I didn't think Jim could possibly sink any lower - he was the guy who claimed "H. friend of the family" was a different species, right? - but those quotes above prove there is always more and it is always worse.

Me:
I seem to recall a pre pubertal child born male but said to be identifying as a girl who was …

SJW:
Totally holy and sacred. Obviously someone who knows he is a girl before puberty and can choose sex change treatment before puberty can know and prefer his sexual preference before puberty but … um … ah … er … people like me would never do anything that is not holy and sacred.

SJW:
But I can definitely positively absolutely tell you that pedophilia still an abomination and absolutely the worst thing ever, and if a twenty four year old hot female teacher should have sex with a handsome high school football star who is big enough and strong enough to pick her up, toss her on the bed, and give her a spanking this is totally shocking, indescribably disgusting, and she needs to go to jail for the terrible terrible terrible harm she has inflicted on the poor victimized high school football star.

SJW:
still an abomination and absolutely the worst thing ever.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I remember this. The jokes weren't offensive nor funny, they were just tryhard. Which made all the cheerleading from his fans really sad

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
And I remember Wesley being quite convinced that it was the progs who wanted to normalize pedophilia. I guess this is right-intersectionality.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Fututor Magnus posted:

And I remember Wesley being quite convinced that it was the progs who wanted to normalize pedophilia. I guess this is right-intersectionality.

The Manospherians bring up "hey hey hey, how come it's illegal to gently caress kids? What is WITH this puritanical sex-hating society???" with hilarious regularity given how hard the rest of the Dark Enlightenment is trying to sell prog society as a bunch of filthy deviant degenerates.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
The deviancy of the manosphere/PUA/alt-right is in fact a return to the Lost Golden Age of Pederasty.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Libertarians have been doing the "I'm not a pedophile but" thing for so long that it's currently the title of another PYF thread, and the alt-right can be considered a fork of that ideology.

When you have a fundamental inability to understand the idea of context, a 12 year old girl saying "yes" to an adult male is exactly the same as any other ostensibly consensual sexual activity. See also: "reverse racism" and a gorillion other examples where "A = A" because they cannot grasp that human interaction isn't governed by mathematical operators.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Heresiarch posted:

Libertarians have been doing the "I'm not a pedophile but" thing for so long that it's currently the title of another PYF thread, and the alt-right can be considered a fork of that ideology.

When you have a fundamental inability to understand the idea of context, a 12 year old girl saying "yes" to an adult male is exactly the same as any other ostensibly consensual sexual activity. See also: "reverse racism" and a gorillion other examples where "A = A" because they cannot grasp that human interaction isn't governed by mathematical operators.

In order for libertarianism to work you have to assume that everyone is a frictionless spherical rational actor with perfect information and if that's the case then of course a 12 year old is capable of informed consent :v:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

In order for libertarianism to work you have to assume that everyone is a frictionless spherical rational actor with perfect information and if that's the case then of course a 12 year old is capable of informed consent :v:

Basically.

On the other hand that stuff by Jim is not merely "I'm not a pedophile but" libertarian-style nonsense which can be theoretically attributed to mere stupidity, but is instead an actual tacit admission that he wants to gently caress 12 year olds (and also that he doesn't understand that human sexual development doesn't occur on a rigid timetable but we can just add that to the list).

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

pookel posted:

"He may be a pedo, but he's our pedo."

I set our colleague Curvature of Earth to writing up libertarian pedophilia apologetics for Rationalwiki several months ago, but he has sensibly not gotten around to it.

I looked more closely at Jim's picture of Trump. What are those trails of apparent liquid on the girls' backs and asses? No, don't answer.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

This is interesting because people are already writing think pieces about how pedophilia is next on the progressive 'civil rights' agenda once transsexualism isn't controversial anymore in the public sphere. There was that one guy on salon or whatever a few weeks ago saying that his pedophilia is a sexual orientation/minority that is entitled to rights/protection using the same talking points that the LGBT crowd used. Things are going to get ugly.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Immortan posted:

This is interesting because people are already writing think pieces about how pedophilia is next on the progressive 'civil rights' agenda once transsexualism isn't controversial anymore in the public sphere. There was that one guy on salon or whatever a few weeks ago saying that his pedophilia is a sexual orientation/minority that is entitled to rights/protection using the same talking points that the LGBT crowd used. Things are going to get ugly.

It's not exactly that, but I can see an argument for treating paedophilia as a disease rather than a mark of Cain. Medically, it does seem to be an orientation like being gay or straight, but with the obvious difference that you can't act on it without hurting someone. That really has to suck to deal with, and I can totally see how a more compassionate approach to paedophiles as people with a problem that they need help with mitigating/removing might help reduce human suffering a lot more than treating them as monsters by default. Which is probably going to cause a giant ethical shitstorm as effective techniques for curing paedophilia start getting diagnosed for people with unusual but harmless orientations.

In terms of expanding rights, I can see the next social-justice battleground being polyamory, but I don't know how many people actually care about that. Who knows, we might find increasing evidence that it's the way to go and look back on the days when people were restricted to only one spouse as weird and backward.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Please don't respond to Immortan.

Thank you.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Heresiarch posted:

Please don't respond to Immortan.

Thank you.

Aww poo poo, didn't check that username.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

It's not exactly that, but I can see an argument for treating paedophilia as a disease rather than a mark of Cain. Medically, it does seem to be an orientation like being gay or straight, but with the obvious difference that you can't act on it without hurting someone. That really has to suck to deal with, and I can totally see how a more compassionate approach to paedophiles as people with a problem that they need help with mitigating/removing might help reduce human suffering a lot more than treating them as monsters by default. Which is probably going to cause a giant ethical shitstorm as effective techniques for curing paedophilia start getting diagnosed for people with unusual but harmless orientations.

Pedophiles shouldn't be given any leniency at all. It's sickening how this is occurring in Hollywood circles and everyone just looks the other way. If you start showing 'compassion', it will simply be taken advantage of by perverts and their advocates seeking power.

Darth Walrus posted:

In terms of expanding rights, I can see the next social-justice battleground being polyamory, but I don't know how many people actually care about that. Who knows, we might find increasing evidence that it's the way to go and look back on the days when people were restricted to only one spouse as weird and backward.

Another interesting claim going around is that it's going to be incest, given the the semi-normalization of it in pop culture such as Game Of Thrones. They even had exposition about it on there. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
If we use the correct metric of judging these things, a.k.a. Bethesda games, it's gonna be polyamory.