Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

H5N1 posted:

David French is a soldier and a scholar.

Nancy French is a four-time NYT best-selling author.

Courage is never wasted!

#RenegadesUnite

French/French '16!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

D+17 internet polling

It's beautiful noise

Then again the MoE is good and they have a good history so :shrug:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Ethnomasicist.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah about that.

holy poo poo dude.:psyduck:

how can anybody stand to be part of the same movement as these people?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
ZILCH!

*tweet*

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Another strong advance for Not Sure.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Majorian posted:

holy poo poo dude.:psyduck:

how can anybody stand to be part of the same movement as these people?

the alt-right doesn't like when white men adopt African children

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
2016 - America Grudgingly Decides

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This seems to overpoll registered Dems by a bit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was so disgusted I didn't look at news for 2-3 weeks.

Has trump won the GE yet. Is he beating Hillary in OH and FL?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

So.

The website whose front page currently looks like this:

and who appends this text to literally every single article involving Donald Trump:

unbiased 'journalism' posted:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar,rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

is probably a bad source for polling, regardless of past performance

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

H5N1 posted:

David French is a soldier and a scholar.

Nancy French is a four-time NYT best-selling author.

Courage is never wasted, but I'm sure as hell going to be when this couple moves into the White House in January!

#RenegadesUnite

"Smile, you've got Frenches, motherfucker.":patriot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Non of those things about trump are inaccurate so I don't understand your beef?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

I was so disgusted I didn't look at news for 2-3 weeks.

Has trump won the GE yet. Is he beating Hillary in OH and FL?

Not sure about FL but he's losing in every rust belt state (except WV because lol) plus WI and MI with white people earning between 30-75k

So he's got that going for him

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

So.

The website whose front page currently looks like this:

and who appends this text to literally every single article involving Donald Trump:

is probably a bad source for polling, regardless of past performance

its an ipsos/reuters poll, not huffpo, you doofus

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
^ crap
that poll was sponsored by Reuters, performed by Ipsos - Huffpo is just a poll aggregator, like RealClearPolitics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Not sure about FL but he's losing in every rust belt state (except WV because lol) plus WI and MI with white people earning between 30-75k

So he's got that going for him

So the Hillary ship is still pulling slowly into port.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He's gonna focus on NY and CA though so those states won't matter. All he needs is a couple more murder/suicides on college campuses and he'll win in a landslide!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/738399082813620224

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

D was +17% but it was like 1700 people, so I guess they felt that they still had a big enough sample of Republicans? 2.8% MoE isn't bad

I'm not to the point where I trust internet polls though. I've been on the internet for a long time and the closest I get to approval of pretty much anything on it is cautious acceptance

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump has the whole GOP behind him, while a ton of Sanders supporters still say they won't vote for Hillary. Basically this is the most favorable situation possible for Trump right now, and the polls still show him losing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They should respond by playing every clip of every stance he's held on foreign policy, ideally sorted by subject with flip flops placed in sequence with one another

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

paranoid randroid posted:

its an ipsos/reuters poll, not huffpo, you doofus

I know they're an aggregate, but their bias is so complete that all information they repost should be regarded as tainted. As someone mentioned this was a bad poll.

Edit: apparently it was within statistical bounds, so nevermind. You should trust everything said by posters in Molten Salt Reactor since we are all perfect arbiters of reality

Trumps Baby Hands fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 2, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I know they're an aggregate, but their bias is so complete that all information they repost should be regarded as tainted. As someone mentioned this was a bad poll.

How is it a bad poll? And in what way are the polls that they aggregate tainted? (besides Rasmussen, which is famously tainted in the GOP's favor)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hahahahahah

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i know all about the don's foreign p

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

How is it a bad poll? And in what way are the polls that they aggregate tainted? (besides Rasmussen, which is famously tainted in the GOP's favor)

lol no double standard here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Edit: apparently it was within statistical bounds, so nevermind. You should trust everything said by posters in Molten Salt Reactor since we are all perfect arbiters of reality

well i sure as heck am

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

you down with foreign p?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i know all about the don's foreign p

It's a short conversation with no substance

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bernice Anders posted:

lol no double standard here

Not at all, Rasmussen is included in the aggregate.:)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Louisgod posted:

It's a short conversation with no substance

So small it can only be handled by someone with tiny hands.:sad:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

stop getting upset over single polls this far out from the election jesus christ people have you learned nothing over the last 8 years

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Headline: Trump wants you to know how much Foreign P he gets.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/738407796606013444

lmao

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Epic High Five posted:

They should respond by playing every clip of every stance he's held on foreign policy, ideally sorted by subject with flip flops placed in sequence with one another

Just generally, this is going to be a thing going forward, right? I mean, the downside to his being in the media and being interviewed so much is that there's just so much footage of him holding contradictory positions. The Hillary campaign won't even need to write attack ads - they just need to keep showing clips of Trump being all over the place. And if he continues to attack the media for not giving him a fair shake then they're justified in defending themselves by doing the same thing.

Shageletic posted:

Trump says he's rich because he's special. Trump sells a school by saying anyone can be rich.

Anyone who's marketing anything will say "you need this thing in order to do this thing". Shampoo commercials will indicate that using the product at hand will provide a desired effect, but they say nothing of bald people or people who just have unmanageable hair that doesn't respond to normal treatments. Stop holding Trump to an unreasonable standard when he still looks bad when holding him to a reasonable one. Trump U used extremely aggressive sales techniques and misrepresentation of content to fleece people while providing an allegedly substandard product. That is the bad thing. The fact that Trump doesn't say "oh well look my personal view is that if you're not the right kind of person then you're not going to get anything out of this" is not the problem.

Again, my original objection to the article was related to the way you introduced it -

quote:

Also, Trump doesn't seem to be too hot on that whole "men are created equal" thing"

- which is also where the article decides to pitch its tent. So you, Trump, and an editor of MJ all don't get the difference between equality as a fundamental loving quality of both democracy and american culture, and equality as sameness.

Shageletic posted:

That's it. Let's move on now.

By all means, stop defending this shamefully lovely article and we will say no more about it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if anyone discovers anything about Donalds foreign p, can u please drop him a line and let him know what it is

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

Not at all, Rasmussen is included in the aggregate.:)

Wasn't talking about the aggregate. I'm talking about your poll skewing. If poll A has a Clinton bias it's a good poll, if poll B has a Trump bias it's a bad poll.

Pretty pathetic. Almost as pathetic as your rampant homophobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Is his foreign P... strange?

• Locked thread