Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

The PS3 version is already perfect so i don't really care

Yeah this

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Gamers didn't believe in Kojima enough and now we are reaping what we sowed.

[DISCLAIMER stuff about to get real here so if you have delicate fee fees please dont read this]

he took too long and spent too much money. Plus he doesn't even want to make MGS games anymore. By this point we the fans have inherited MGS and Kojimas will. (thats basically what he's saying with the speech at the end of V) We don't need him anymore.

edit: He's still a genius for writing MGS2 in 1999, though,

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 2, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think 2 is the last MGS game he wanted to make which is why 3 is basically a completely different game and everything that follows started playing very differently and became more and more openly vitriolic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man just remembered Sony funded his studio or w/e and we might get a new Hideo Kojima E3 Trailer at te sony conference this year

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

that's not to say Konami ARENT a bunch of soulless suits as well though. They cancelled PT which was going to be loving amazing. Only problem is Kojima hosed off from MGS to develop it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh man just remembered Sony funded his studio or w/e and we might get a new Hideo Kojima E3 Trailer at te sony conference this year

yeah im interested to see his new game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've said it once and I'll say it again: MGS is the greatest game series of all time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That said I still need to beat MGSV lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

that's not to say Konami ARENT a bunch of soulless suits as well though. They cancelled PT which was going to be loving amazing. Only problem is Kojima hosed off from MGS to develop it.

tthey shitcanned a new suikoden at th same time, they cn burn in hell for that one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

lmao yeah you do

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[DISCLAIMER stuff about to get real here so if you have delicate fee fees please dont read this]

he took too long and spent too much money. Plus he doesn't even want to make MGS games anymore. By this point we the fans have inherited MGS and Kojimas will. (thats basically what he's saying with the speech at the end of V) We don't need him anymore.

edit: He's still a genius for writing MGS2 in 1999, though,

I love Kojima but I said this at the time: he was way behind and over budget while trying to start an entirely new project without finishing the one he was on and he made a power grab and lost. His ability to convince everyone hes an innocent victim in all of this (by essentially not saying anything and letting the "poor hideo" narrative run wild) speaks to his ability as a storyteller. Benny out

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

In terms of cultural and historical importance I'd say that's fair.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Given the right circumstances, anyone can become hideo kojima

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Konami remade the end of 3 in the fox engine for a pachinko machine lol

looks good

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

The PS3 version is already perfect so i don't really care

I teeter between 3 and 1 for my overall favourite of the series.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Although had it not been for Konami MGS (or any Metal Gear past the first one) may have never existed in the first place.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kojima would have flourished with or without Konami. He is a visionary and he is incredible at his trade. He is a genius who accurately predicted how our history would turn out and he used his chosen medium to convey it. BBG OUT

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm glad that Kojima finally gets to do his own non-MGS projects again but I wish the series had either been definitively finished, or the rights went to a company that knows how to use it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saying that he went over budget, ect. That's pointless. gently caress the budget. gently caress holding true art back for the bottom dollar. gently caress stupid nip gambling being "more lucrative" than the single best story of the 21st century

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
IIRC something like 2/3 of the budget or more went to Fox Engine development, which Konami seems to have very little interest in actually utilizing in future projects.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Fox Engine is fantastic. Hopefully if those assholes don't use it they'll just sell it to Sony or some poo poo.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Does Konami own the Fox Engine? Isn't the new Kojima project using it?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

IIRC something like 2/3 of the budget or more went to Fox Engine development, which Konami seems to have very little interest in actually utilizing in future projects.

its going to look great in a bunch of soccer games :shepface:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kojima is a God, and I won't hear any less

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If Kojima were to materialize in front of me and tell me to shoot my mother or else he would stop making games, she would be dead before he finished his sentence.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mom never stood a chance

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I dont respect that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

If Kojima were to materialize in front of me and tell me to shoot my mother or else he would stop making games, she would be dead before he finished his sentence.
Hipster idiot vs. woman who successfully gestated life... You'd be dead before you could load your gun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hipster idiot vs. woman who successfully gestated life... You'd be dead before you could load your gun.

Don't sign your posts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Let's get a Himpsters gang tag for the Imp Zone hipsters.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I wouldn't shoot my mom for a video game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would, because I still remember her cleaning and losing my psx memory card....

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Always respect your mother.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I do respect my mother and I retract my earlier statement. The point still stands, however

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think we can all agree that hideo kojima would never shoot rediscovers mom. Thread complete

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I would have a lot of questions

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I would, because I still remember her cleaning and losing my psx memory card....

its because of your parents that you become the kind of person you turn out to be. so if you dont respect your parents then you dont respect yourself. thats how i see it. and frankly i think a certain caliber of moral character is required to actually enjoy great games properly

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

its because of your parents that you become the kind of person you turn out to be. so if you dont respect your parents then you dont respect yourself. thats how i see it. and frankly i think a certain caliber of moral character is required to actually enjoy great games properly

I love my mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
please no body shoot your mom.

• Locked thread