Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just dug up the interview where GM talks about it, apparently it was just a concept and I was thinking about the third 46B they had. He said he worked it out and the 47 would've done 6G through the corners then just feathered the fans for a higher top speed on the straights which is just loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MustardFacial posted:

Their offense hasn't really been the same since Lulay got injured and came back and got injured ad naseum, as he was the main player behind the "hey guys, run as fast as you can for the endzone. The ball will meet you there." I haven't really been following them quite as much as I used to since I moved out of the city, but I do check up every now and then.

[edit] Getting back to F1; Presented without comment.

Who is the loving creep on the right? :mrgw:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

Just dug up the interview where GM talks about it, apparently it was just a concept and I was thinking about the third 46B they had. He said he worked it out and the 47 would've done 6G through the corners then just feathered the fans for a higher top speed on the straights which is just loving insane.

link?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Creepy Uncle Massa wants to know if your lady friend is single and if she would like to dance.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can post it when I get home but it was the podcast with motorsports magazine that he did. It's worth a listen as he's my favorite F1 car designer.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-BZ0NbriI

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:siren::siren: 1986 Osella driver Allen Berg is supervising the kart testing session tonight :siren::siren:

If anybody has any questions I'll try to talk to him if I have the time tonight.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

MustardFacial posted:

Their offense hasn't really been the same since Lulay got injured and came back and got injured ad naseum, as he was the main player behind the "hey guys, run as fast as you can for the endzone. The ball will meet you there." I haven't really been following them quite as much as I used to since I moved out of the city, but I do check up every now and then.

Felipe permanently looks like a generic 80s mafia villain / henchman

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

:siren::siren: 1986 Osella driver Allen Berg is supervising the kart testing session tonight :siren::siren:

If anybody has any questions I'll try to talk to him if I have the time tonight.

How bad was the Alfa V8?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't realize this right away but Haryanto was 4 laps down at the end of Monaco. Did he have some issue?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Human Grand Prix posted:

I didn't realize this right away but Haryanto was 4 laps down at the end of Monaco. Did he have some issue?

Yeah.

He sucks.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

You know I watched that World of War series but I must've missed the part where the Rommel told his troops to stop fighting for a few minutes so a KFC commercial to play.

War frequently stops for a word from the Colonel.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Human Grand Prix posted:

His name is Rio and he sucks a lot of rear end.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

MustardFacial posted:

Who's feeling like the side dick now?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Ah.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If it was for no other reason than pace that's really bad.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Norns posted:

Human Grand Prix posted:

If it was for no other reason than pace that's really bad.

nice

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
On Board lap of Baku City Circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgAET0KczI

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I'm totally going to fall asleep mid race

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The European GP at the Baku City Circuit is set out to be a fantastic race, one for the ages.

Are you excited?!?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That... is a car killer. Only looks bad because the car going round it is slow as poo poo. F1 cars will have a few overtaking spots, long straights to open up, front left tyres to manage, and many many opportunities to bin it. gently caress of a lot prettier than the other newer tracks as well.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
I'm really glad that we've stopped racing on dangerous European circuits in Europe so that we can start racing on dangerous European circuits that aren't in Europe.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Hefe posted:

The European GP at the Baku City Circuit is set out to be a fantastic race, one for the ages.

Are you excited?!?

24h of Le Mans, or Baku.

Tough choice.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

I'm totally going to fall asleep mid race

The first part of the track with all the 90 degree turns is a bit dull but once you get about half way where the elevation change occurs right near that castle tower it gets interesting, and there seems to be some pretty neat architecture around the track as well that'd make for a cool backdrop.

I'm prepared to give it a shot at least.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
That looks wank. Like one of the lovely street circuits you can never be arsed to do in Forza or something.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That 8-11 corner complex looks like a car destroyer. Red Bull better fit a bullbar to Verstappen's car. First corner looks narrow as well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You Am I posted:

That 8-11 corner complex looks like a car destroyer. Red Bull better fit a bullbar to Verstappen's car. First corner looks narrow as well.

i think some of it is narrower than it actually will be on race day, probably to allow media to sit around the track for the demo run

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

You Am I posted:

Red Bull better fit a bullbar to Verstappen's car. First corner looks narrow as well.

I hope the track have checked the small print on their historic castle insurance.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Turns 5 and 6 are going to catch a lot of people out, can't wait to see that poo poo show.

Holy gently caress it's narrow at the lead into T8-11. It will be hilarious if someone bins it into that stone wall there on the left.

It seems like a pretty cool high speed city track.

Riso posted:

24h of Le Mans, or Baku.

Tough choice.

Baku, duh. Why would anyone want to watch the pinnacle of motorsport when Baku is on?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It was nice of McLaren to let them use the MP4-30 for the track demo

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Baku (the city, not the circuit) looks really nice. Is it all like this or just the buildings around the circuit?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

As a man who loved the Dallas Grand Prix I think I'm going to like the abersjardine eurozone grand prize.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Camoes posted:

Baku (the city, not the circuit) looks really nice. Is it all like this or just the buildings around the circuit?

It's a Soviet legacy I guess. The capital always has to look nice.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Perhaps it was good thing he sat '92 out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Baku blows, can't even find a good version to drive in any sim prior to the race.

I'm going to pout and do laps around the Nurburgring in a Lotus 49 instead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

Are you excited?!?

The only thing that would excite me is Max Verstappen having a fatal accident in practice at this point.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alain Post posted:

The only thing that would excite me is Max Verstappen having a fatal accident in practice at this point.

lol. A bit harsh

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Baku blows, can't even find a good version to drive in any sim prior to the race.

I'm going to pout and do laps around the Nurburgring in a Lotus 49 instead.

I'll be doing a kart race, shame I'll probably miss the end of Le Mans though.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'm going to watch it, of course

It should be interesting. That castle wall though... Eesh.

Don't forget drivers won't be familiar with the circuit, should also shake up strategy too

I also am just happy because it isn't in the middle of a sandy arsehole with ten miles of runoff Tarmac on every corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm willing to put money on Shitcrappen binning it in every session of the weekend based on that layout.

He was miserable at Mexico last year when that was a new track and that had "some" runoff.

• Locked thread