Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
I made myself a pretty rad office space in the living room of our temporary share house for all of $30. All I had to start with was a waterlogged table we found by the side of the road and my electronics, ended up with a few cute decorations as well as a usable desk. :shittydog:

I also got an Aladdin brand thermos for $5, down from $30. It's a goddamn good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Got new job with better pay and actually interesting work tasks, looks like i`ll get my own office too. Plus i get to no longer live in a tiny arctic town. Finally i can return to civilization from the frozen barren wastes. Oh man having a summer where it`s actually gets hot enough to wear shorts and t-shirts will be a treat. But most of all i look forward to trees and long walk in the forest. Nothing but tiny bushes and bare rock where i am at now.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
My day will be awesome today because in about 2 hours, I will officially graduate from college. It's been ten years since I graduated high school and it's been a struggle getting here, but I finally did it.

Now to worry about student loans.
:gonk:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Forceholy posted:

My day will be awesome today because in about 2 hours, I will officially graduate from college. It's been ten years since I graduated high school and it's been a struggle getting here, but I finally did it.

Now to worry about student loans.
:gonk:

This is awesome! Congrats! :toot:

Today I submitted my first art design to Dynomighty. If it's approved (and if people like my art) I'll have my illustrations on wallets around the world. Hell if just one person buys one and has my art riding around in their pocket that'll be damned amazing.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's a small thing, but since it's his 30th birthday today, I called an old friend that I haven't seen or spoken to since we graduated in 2005 and that more or less was my best friend back when we went to school together. Dude was on vacation with his girlfriend, so it wasn't a super long call, but he made it clear that he very much appreciated it. And best of all, since he still lives in the area where we grew up and went to school (whereas I moved to the other side of the country, though this is Sweden so it's just 4 hours by train), and so do my parents that I still visit from time to time, the next time I go there we're probably going to meet up.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

bigfatdynamo posted:

I made myself a pretty rad office space in the living room of our temporary share house for all of $30. All I had to start with was a waterlogged table we found by the side of the road and my electronics, ended up with a few cute decorations as well as a usable desk. :shittydog:

That's an awesome workspace.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Asked a friend if I could borrow his SLR for a wedding this week and my trip overseas next weekend and he gave me his old Nikon D70 to keep with a 18-70 and 55-200 lens. He also offered the use of his current camera (D610) for the wedding but would need it back on Monday but I said he'd already done enough with his kind gesture.

It's my first SLR so I'm keen on learning the ropes by lurking in Creative Convention.

beato has a new favorite as of 14:48 on May 26, 2016

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

My entire week was awesome. Entered into a relationship with a person I've built a strong friendship with over the previous decade; got into contact with another friend who I wronged some time ago, and found that they've forgiven me and consider me a friend again; got new tools for working on music (updating to windows 10 broke the old ones due to compatibility issues) and the new tools are even more powerful than my old ones; and found out that a troubled youth I've been mentoring is graduating high school. I'm rather proud of him, because he's had a pretty terrible life and family situation but managed to fight through that and succeed. That in addition to various minor things that happened to happen around the same time.

I don't know what I did to deserve this week, but I don't think I've been this completely satisfied with life ever.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I lost a thousand dollar rail pass on which a holiday I just started hinged. Obviously, that is not why my day was awesome. My day is awesome because I found it again, it was handed into the station. I didn't gently caress everything up, wooo! :dance:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Went with a heavier set of dumbbells for my workout this evening and killed it despite the instructor explicitly telling us it would be a hard day. Now I'm stuck using the heavier ones I guess :v:

Also my wife finally found mangos suitable enough for her favorite treat, mango & sticky rice.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I picked up a few small plants to reinvigorate my rock garden, plus booked a backpacking trip to Mt Robson for the third time, plus secured a backcountry site this weekend and a few car camping sites over summer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
After a four month break from writing for Syfy's website, they are running a bunch of my comedy articles as features for an entire month themed about video games.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just finished a grueling four month long application process for a new career and thought I may have choked on one of the tests at the end, but they told me I passed this morning. Phewwwwwwwf

Now I have to figure out how to actually do the job. gently caress!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

I lost a thousand dollar rail pass on which a holiday I just started hinged. Obviously, that is not why my day was awesome. My day is awesome because I found it again, it was handed into the station. I didn't gently caress everything up, wooo! :dance:

Wtf why do you have a thousand dollars on a rail pass? I keep maybe 20-30 at a time on mine.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I wrote and erased like ten posts poorly trying to explain it but tldr that's not the situation at all. Look up the Japan Rail Pass.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

I wrote and erased like ten posts poorly trying to explain it but tldr that's not the situation at all. Look up the Japan Rail Pass.

Ah yeah okay it's Japan. I'm over here thinking you've got a grand on a rail pass in like Chicago or NY.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Went to the first day of a comic-con in Dallas and got a pic with Hayley Atwell, plus autographs from a handful of other nerd celebs.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My at my side job confirmed the 30% raise he floated my way last week, effective immediately :toot:

Also after having our plan A dogsitter fall through on us prior to some travel this coming weekend, my wife managed to get a friend of hers to do it instead so now I don't have to stress about that :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got an old brass Guatemalan 1 Centavo coin at work today that someone slipped into a bunch of pennies. It's not worth anything, but I don't get foreign coins very often in bumfuck nowhere Illinois and it has the rad as gently caress Bishop Bartolom de las Casas on it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

I saw this gif while browsing Imgur and it got me all excited all over again for more Kojima batshit craziness :dance: He just looks so happy.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I saw this gif while browsing Imgur and it got me all excited all over again for more Kojima batshit craziness :dance: He just looks so happy.

I'd recommend checking the video out if you haven't. He walks out to Mad Max music, the crowd is going wild before he even speaks, and he has to cool them down twice.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a really good but hard workout, finished a pretty lucrative freelancing assignment, and now I'm about to play the PC port of Resident Evil 4 that I just purchased ($7 on Steam until Friday AM) :toot: Even managed to get in a little French Horn practice for my orchestra that's starting up in a few weeks.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Had a psych appointment, my first in way too long, and got a prescription. also I discovered that Uber exists and is a magical thing, and came home to a clean house courtesy of my brother!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Work finally got the loving patrol cart fixed! No more walking all across the freight yard on foot in 95+ degree heat :toot:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Finalized the papers for a used car today after my previous car died 2 weeks ago. Super nice, clean, 2 owner 09 Camry with zero accidents and no mechanical issues. Also got a $35 check from a class action suit about RAM price fixing that I submitted a while back :woop:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I finally got ahold of the art tablet I've wanted for years and I've spent all day messing with it. Holy god it's better than I thought it would be and the processor is a beast so I can game too. Also today was my first day off in like two weeks, so yay.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Today I get my antidepressant medication.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My wife and I had a baby shower today and got lots of cool stuff for the squirt, including a baby monitor camera thing so I can show our kid off at work!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bonded with some lapsed friends (and friends of friends) over Pokemon Go and our collective experiences with Ingress and how our college changed since we attended.

Like, me and a friend were talking about how a now Pokestop Farm was the battleground when we Ingressed, and how lovely/awesome it was when we lost or gained the place...

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The cicadas started cicada-ing yesterday but today they're super loud and the sound makes me happy :3:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Built this picnic bench at the weekend using only hand-tools. Pretty stoked about it but didn't really know where to post it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
There weren't any children in my subway car during my whole commute to work. :D

Broken Things
Mar 4, 2011
I had a really adorable couple come into my workplace, and they told me it was their first date. They got along so well, and they were both just such lovely people that I gave them a little special treatment to make sure they had a good time. It was just nice to see them both clicking. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for them :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:dance: I won't need to get surgery! :dance:

A bit of context: I've posted about it before here, but I have a cochlear implant in my right ear. The 'implant' part of it, I've had since I was five years old, and this past June I turned 26. The external processor bit has evolved by leaps and bounds since I was a kid, and we've all known for years that, eventually, I'll need to go under the knife again to have the old, near-gen-1 implant replaced with a modern version.

We brought this up with the Cochlear people, and it turns out we can put off that surgery for a little while longer :toot: One of the new model of processors they released recently is made to be compatible with the old-style implants like mine. So, for a few years longer at least, I won't need to replace the internal bit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Played video games, drank and ate burgers with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, and banged out a cover letter I had been struggling with for a while.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

A delivery of candy was accidentally sent to my store instead of to another retail business entirely, and my manager let us split it. I now have a massive box full of free chocolates and mints :)

I also got told that my hours have been cut back to 30/wk. The good news is that my manager has pushed through a new 30h/wk contract for me, so I can't get cut any lower. This is a big upgrade from my old 10h/wk contract, and is coming at the best time (right before we lose our current store manager)

I also finally got started on an art project that involves cutting out a bunch of paper autumn leaves, and spent my evening giggling at my kitten divebombing the ever-growing pile of leaves and rolling around in them :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got two Gunpla model kits yesterday, they're super cheap since Bandai is re-releasing and updating a bunch of old kits for the 35th Gunpla anniversary. I always wanted a Guntank model :dance: and I managed to get all the decals onto the Gundam without tweezers, and I didn't gently caress it up!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
My day is awesome because I'm sitting on a pontoon on a lake in northern Minnesota, drinking a beer, listening to good music and the temperature is in the high 70s and it's sunny.

I just watched a bald eagle catch a fish.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Got halfway through my lunch before realizing I really didn't want to eat it, but then our super MILFy site VP rolled into the break room with a pizza and gave me a piece (of pizza) :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I loving LOVE Amazon. I needed a glass jar for food storage and it's like "free same day delivery!" And it's not even Amazon Prime Now. So now I'm gonna get my jar in a few hours and be able to make miso soup :sotw: