Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

They wasted a wild card then, because Prince's autopsy report is overshadowing both stories

Plus you can only roll out an endorsement once, HRC could give another FP Trump smashing speech tomorrow.

It's cool that literally no GOP surrogates can deny what she said in her speech today because they all said the same poo poo during the primary.

Mozi posted:

The thing is... I saw a little bit of his Veterans press conference recently and I know calling the end of his campaign is a losing game so far but it seemed like the whole edifice was starting to come apart a bit. He truly is in over his head and has no idea of how to conduct a presidential (not primary) campaign. There's a segment of voters who will stick with him even stronger the more he's attacked but his uncontrollable aggressiveness and inability to keep himself from personally insulting people is going to become more and more of a problem.

Not to mention, hey, has your wife ever accused you in court of raping her in a rage over a failed hair transplant? I can say no!

Yeah the other day I wondered if he keeps this up, if he'll even make it to the convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

zoux posted:

If the Trump campaign ends up being as much of a disaster as we all think it is, these Trump endorsements are going to be serious political liabilities.

Or it wont. Nixon and Ford campaigned for Goldwater.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Like they've learned absolutely nothing from losing in 2008 and 2012, and even less from their failure to do anything as a result of appeasing idiot in their party.

And the best part is that as horrible as they've been with Hispanic and African American outreach, after Hillary is elected republicans will turn all that vitriol towards women and :lol: at pissing off over 1/2 of the electorate.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I really hope a really to own a tank makes it into the RNC platform.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

They wasted a wild card then, because Prince's autopsy report is overshadowing both stories

Come on, you can't go with the card analogy and not use the phrase "trump card".

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Ah yes, notable elected executive official Gerald Ford.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Bi now gay later please find me a full time job that isn't this one. I'm not going to make it until August

Some departments in the University IT services are probably looking for temps for entry/student level positions still if you haven't looked there yet.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

But Goldwater had actual political experience, regardless of how disagreeable his views might have been. He was still theoretically electable. He was a two-term Senator at the time of his nomination. Not a... whatever the hell Trump is.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

zoux posted:

If the Trump campaign ends up being as much of a disaster as we all think it is, these Trump endorsements are going to be serious political liabilities.

I think the calculus might be that it would be even more of a liability if they didn't endorse him, since a disastrous campaign followed by humiliating electoral defeat could be spun by the frothing masses as being the fault of the GOPe who didn't endorse him.

"He would have kicked Hilary's rear end if Ryan had endorsed and supported him instead of undermining him!"

That seems like a good way to kill your career in Republican politics faster than being the speaker of the house presiding over the raiders of the tortilla coast.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

BobTheJanitor posted:

But Goldwater had actual political experience, regardless of how disagreeable his views might have been. He was still theoretically electable. He was a two-term Senator at the time of his nomination. Not a... whatever the hell Trump is.

Reality TV "star," and Real Estate baron. But, as the Republican obsession with the political and social opinions of bearded morons from the swamp show, reality TV "stars" are perfect candidates with the true pulse of the nation.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Mozi posted:

Not to mention, hey, has your wife ever accused you in court of raping her in a rage over a failed hair transplant? I can say no!

Check out Mr. high and mighty over here

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

KomradeX posted:

But wasn't his name not even on that list of potentials that got leaked?

Wasn't that list ripped from some blogger's rear end?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love the part of Hillary's speech where she lists off all the world leaders Trump has feuded with, and ends with the most deadpan "and the Pope." to cap it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BobTheJanitor posted:

Trump theoretically is electable and will lose by a narrower margin than Goldwater.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Luminous Obscurity posted:

“I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender black young adults over six feet with deep voices entered,” she writes. “My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer.”

Its uncanny.

yeah i'm sure she's a big old raci-

ah, well, um, she's probably relgious at least, being a southerner and all bu- oh, she grew up in the bay area? hm. well, i'll find some way to triangulate this for sure

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Popular Thug Drink posted:

ah, well, um, she's probably relgious at least, being a southerner and all bu- oh, she grew up in the bay area? hm. well, i'll find some way to triangulate this for sure

*woosh*

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

You do have to admit that the similarities in those speeches are stunning. In fact I'd argue that's worse still since she herself was probably subjected to similar "logic" at some point in her life over her race.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I'm just curious as to how she knew those women were transgender.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Mozi posted:

The thing is... I saw a little bit of his Veterans press conference recently and I know calling the end of his campaign is a losing game so far but it seemed like the whole edifice was starting to come apart a bit. He truly is in over his head and has no idea of how to conduct a presidential (not primary) campaign. There's a segment of voters who will stick with him even stronger the more he's attacked but his uncontrollable aggressiveness and inability to keep himself from personally insulting people is going to become more and more of a problem.

His blatant lying and open disdain for the press (despite their free coverage) is apparently starting to wear thin as well.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/738469511029006337

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Rhesus Pieces posted:

His blatant lying and open disdain for the press (despite their free coverage) is apparently starting to wear thin as well.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/738469511029006337

Not too late to hire Ron Howard to narrate Trump's life

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

Gun owners have nothing to fear if they aren't criminals. I don't see how this would affect them.

That's a pretty meaningless thing to say when you're talking what should and shouldn't be illegal. "I want to ban new flat screen TVs. TV owners have nothing to fear if they aren't criminals. I don't see how this would affect them."

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh no, I can't get the coolest latest model AR POS. China will invade the US mainland and make me slave away in the salt mines for sure!

e; or some rich guy will not have as much money as he could have. Can't have that.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

That's a pretty meaningless thing to say when you're talking what should and shouldn't be illegal. "I want to ban new cars. Car owners have nothing to fear if they aren't criminals. I don't see how this would affect them."

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware someone banned guns over the issue. I'll update my references.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware someone banned guns over the issue. I'll update my references.

Lol, look he changed it from cars so we couldn't point out that it's much much harder to be a licensed driver than to get a gun.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Oh no, I can't get the coolest latest model AR POS. China will invade the US mainland and make me slave away in the salt mines for sure!

e; or some rich guy will not have as much money as he could have. Can't have that.
I don't find "I don't want this thing and I don't think other people need/deserve it" to be a terribly compelling argument for making something illegal.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't find "I don't want this thing and I don't think other people need/deserve it" to be a terribly compelling argument for making something illegal.

Which is why we should have to fight to defend the right to own and operate rocket propelled grenades!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

duz posted:

I'm just curious as to how she knew those women were transgender.

they probably weren't, and it's dumb to assume - just like it's dumb to assume that anyone getting wigged out over transfolk is just a dumb old cracker bigot. bigotry is diverse!

"ugh, look at this person assuming that people with deep voices must be trans. just like a suburban soccer mom to think that"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't find "I don't want this thing killing people and I don't think other people need/deserve it" to be a terribly compelling argument for making something illegal.

Guns deserve to be illegal, you have not interacted with them enough to realize this. Some day you will and you will be a better person for it.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 2, 2016

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's true: everyone who ever proposed any sort of gun control law just doesn't like guns and doesn't think anyone deserves them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Guns deserve to be illegal, you have not interacted with them enough to realize this. Some day you will and you will be a better person for it.

There's only one reason why the Founding Fathers put the Second Amendment…If the federal government were to follow the path of all other governments, at some point it will turn to tyranny against the people.

And at that point, when it stops to uphold and abide by the Constitution—and we're talking about the Supreme Court, Congress, and the executive branch, all three are way off away from the Constitution right now—the people have the right to assemble, bear arms, go to Washington, DC, or wherever necessary, and go into military battle against the government and replace those in government with individuals that will uphold the Constitution.

The Constitution should remain, but the people that are abusing it should be, the polite word is, eliminated. The harsh word is killed.

And they're killed by American citizens with weapons. And if people have tanks, assault weapons, if they have bombs—they need to have the weaponry necessary to be able to overthrow the federal government.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/carmenmmachado/status/738466499203993600

https://twitter.com/therealhennessy/status/738459186191867904

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

There's only one reason why the Founding Fathers put the Second Amendment…If the federal government were to follow the path of all other governments, at some point it will turn to tyranny against the people.

actually it's because the fed gov didnt want to pay for a standing army so because of that + logistics it was a lot better to just expect every male citizen to muster for military duty when required

i know you know this, i just want to raise the idea that every time we engage in military conflict we should only fight if enough armed american militiamen get off their couches and show up ready for war

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

actually it's because the fed gov didnt want to pay for a standing army so because of that + logistics it was a lot better to just expect every male citizen to muster for military duty when required

i know you know this, i just want to raise the idea that every time we engage in military conflict we should only fight if enough armed american militiamen get off their couches and show up ready for war

:ssh: that's just revisionist anti-American leftist propaganda.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/trump-delegates-patriot-movement-militias

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

Ken Starr has officially resigned from Baylor. In the end what did him in, of all the things it possibly could've been, was doing everything he could to not investigate sexual misconduct
:drat:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Well it didn't involve a Clinton so he probably didn't care.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Holy poo poo, Hillary completely eviscerated Trump in today's speech. Good god.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Wolf went pretty hard at Rep Issa about trumps nuclear proliferation rant about letting Japan and South Korea handle their own vs N Korea Best Korea.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo, Hillary completely eviscerated Trump in today's speech. Good god.

Anywhere to watch this disemboweling?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Zelder posted:

Anywhere to watch this disemboweling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdfCPZfnU0

I'm only 10 minutes in. It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

fatherboxx posted:

Not too late to hire Ron Howard to narrate Trump's life