Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

frozenpussy posted:

Know what's better than EVE player versus player

forum poster versus poster

I'll 1v1 you in DJ's thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
look at me, and how much I don't care about eve online

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So you shot the zkill guy a pm about how his kb works but totally don't care about kb stats

These things seem inconsistent to me

You asked for proof of the claim I made, so I went straight to the source I had originally gotten it from. Go figure that's how you verify something. :shrug:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

hey I am amused by how your character corp names break formatting on zkill.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Then again I'm not a tryhard who focuses on that stuff when it comes to a video game like you guys. :shrug:

lollin

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Liar, Eve is real

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Unfunny Poster posted:

You asked for proof of the claim I made, so I went straight to the source I had originally gotten it from. Go figure that's how you verify something. :shrug:

Right. My point is that at some point in the past you spent time analyzing the differences between zkill and PL's kb, and have a convo with the programmer of zkill immediately to hand, but then assert in the very next breath that you don't care about KB stats.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Oh, hey- another killboard discussion in the EVE Thread.

:yikes:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
So is this the next silly slapfight?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

So is this the next silly slapfight?

yes

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Alright then.

:munch:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

Alright then.

:munch:

post your killboard loser

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*fingers hover over the probe buttons*

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

Did you end up flying out to nullsec to see some monuments?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

:ohdear:

Dalael posted:

Character name, Dinin Dalael. Enjoy the see of red parsed with a few green lines.
I'm a worst pvper than I am a poster.

same tbh

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

cravius posted:

post your killboard loser

Character name, Dinin Dalael. Enjoy the sea of red parsed with a few green lines.
I'm a worst pvper than I am a poster.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Right. My point is that at some point in the past you spent time analyzing the differences between zkill and PL's kb, and have a convo with the programmer of zkill immediately to hand, but then assert in the very next breath that you don't care about KB stats.

Not necessarily. Explaining how APIs work, in this case on zKill, per what Squizz has publicly said doesn't mean I actually care about kb stats. Those are two different things entirely. It just means I know more about how zkill uses APIs because I read what the dev posted. :shrug:

Edit - Forgive me VideoGames.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 2, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jm20 posted:

Did you end up flying out to nullsec to see some monuments?

I've actually been away from my EVE capable machine. I am currently sitting in a system right next to null sec and 17 jumps away from the Titan mass grave. When I finally get back to that PC I'm totally going to try to see it! :)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

VideoGames posted:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
My issue with pvp is that I'm like a chihuahua that thinks its a pitbull.
I'll attack anything regardless of what I or they are flying.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

My issue with pvp is that I'm like a chihuahua that thinks its a pitful.
I'll attack anything regardless of what I or they are flying.

I'll take you up on that 1v1 in CS:go

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

You wouldn't (or maybe you would) believe how bad I am at using those. It took me half an hour to find a data site once for a mission.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah consensual pvp is generally terrible because eve is pretty rudimentary in it's pvp, so the only real 'outplaying' is to convince the other person to engage you in a fight where you will win. large fights tend to be just about the skill of the FC, which requires experience and blah blah highsec is the endgame

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

VideoGames posted:

You wouldn't (or maybe you would) believe how bad I am at using those. It took me half an hour to find a data site once for a mission.

It took me a while before I was good at using them also, so it's not just you. It took me about a week of hardcore probing before I could consistently scan down signatures and ships without losing the signatures in the process.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

frozenpussy posted:

I'll take you up on that 1v1 in CS:go

I don't really play cs:go :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Probing takes some getting used to. Once you figure out your rhythm and can cut down a lot of the fiddling just by muscle memory or whatever, its pretty quick & easy. Some people are incredibly good at it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Probing is so easy now. Loved throwing out probes, launched one at a time, resizing them individually and moving them individually. Was great fun

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Holy poo poo, these last two pages are terrible. Let's put down some facts.

* The main reason zKB adopted CREST is that it becomes impossible to submit fake killmails. (And eliminates some parsing ambiguities, especially wrt killmails generated by the German-language Eve client.) zKB is still reliant on API keys, or manual posting, in order to get the CREST URLs. Even NPC killmails won't show up unless the loser (or the loser's corp) has given their API key to zKB.

* Multiple alliances exist with "no API keys shall be given to zKB" policies, most famously PL -- and some alliances have even been known to broker deals with their enemies to ensure that neither side posts their losses. This player behavior has resulted in CCP deciding, for now, to not automatically expose a feed of all deaths.

* zKB points are entirely pointless. They used to be a holdover from EDK, where they were arbitrarily chosen based on ship "threat" by the maintainers; today, a ship's point value is actually automatically calculated by mass.

* Killboard wanking is mildly useful for quantitizing your own idiocy. Not so good for quantitizing others' idiocies. Super good for rustling jimmies, though.

e: Oh, and one last bit:

jm20 posted:

You are also free to explain why you truely believe players like Zataaki, or the paragonWoW guys, or even Garmon are not skilled in comparison to yourself or your 40 year old man eve demographic you think is top tier.

I'm not sure that Garmon's the best example -- he was good at small gang PvP, sure, but he also ate a permaban for RMT and hasn't been active for years.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 2, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
At least probing is a lot easier to learn than before. I remember moving probes one by one because I didn't know there were hotkeys to move all of them together or scale them out from a point.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

I don't really play cs:go :ohdear:

why am I not surprised

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
What about when you warped around and dropped probes like flares?

That's about the only thing I remember from my first or maybe it was my second attempt at Eve.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

frozenpussy posted:

why am I not surprised

I do have it installed. But I truly loving suck at it. Something along the lines of a k/d ration of 1:20. No joke.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

At least probing is a lot easier to learn than before. I remember moving probes one by one because I didn't know there were hotkeys to move all of them together or scale them out from a point.

You can also save formations now too, which is super useful if you want to use ones other than the standard two. (i.e. Combat probers with Virtues who are looking for off-grid boosters will tend to use cube formations, which maximize signal strength on a tiny area at the cost of average signal strength, compared to the default hexagonal bipyramid.)

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rhymenoserous posted:

Bad dodge. Zkill sees enough general use amongst the nullsec/lowsec set that the odds of somebody having their API in it (Via corp/alliance/individual) for any given fight with more than 20 people in it is pretty loving good. Is it perfect? No. There will always be edge cases, but when throwing around unsubstiated "We're doing this better than you neener neener" posts into the void, retorting with a fairly accurate even though it misses the edge cases and saying "Nuh uh, neener neener" is perfectly acceptable.

Nerd.

PL's API is not in zkill, Bat's is not and if I find out that any Bat member has their API on zkill I'll tell them to delete it. I explicitly ask every member, when they join, to delete every API key they have for all their characters outside of PL service ones and you can see that in the recruitment threads for each of them.

Incidentally, since I joined PL the only places I remember seeing k/d efficiency posted about is on SA, with the exception of after the Baki dread loss when one person said "wtf was that about this makes us look bad" and a bunch of leadership people saying "we don't care what people do with their stuff." None of this changes how bad the posting has been over the last two pages.

Edit: pretty conveniently this went up an hour ago https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4m8jgm/zkillboard_does_not_automatically_get_all/

Endie fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 2, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

What about when you warped around and dropped probes like flares?

That's about the only thing I remember from my first or maybe it was my second attempt at Eve.

Yeah, that was awful. The funny part was, there was a point in Eve's past where the engine did not incorporate angle into probe results -- it just did a straight trianguleration. So, you could just warp to the sun, set max speed directly up, drop three probes in a straight line, and get 100% hits for everything within probe range of the sun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey fitting-folks/miniluv-folks,

is this fitting at all feasible to move small amounts of BPCs or implants around highsec on a neutral alt with max skills using instadock and -undock bookmarks in Jita?
I figured the shield extenders and resistance amplifiers may be useful to protect against single remote-sensorboosted suicide-gankers that may try to off you out of simple suspicion of high value cargo, despite not being able to cargoscan you, figured the 19m signature radius increase wouldn't make too much of a difference in those cases.

And by small amounts, I mean 300-600 million tops

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

ullerrm posted:

I'm not sure that Garmon's the best example -- he was good at small gang PvP, sure, but he also ate a permaban for RMT and hasn't been active for years.

I've bolded the relevant parts of your post. Who cares if they RMT, unless you think he is throwing his space dollars at the screen and your ship explodes or something.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I thought part of the whole camel empire fandango was that garmon was surreptitiously flying for them in the AT?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

jm20 posted:

I've bolded the relevant parts of your post. Who cares if they RMT, unless you think he is throwing his space dollars at the screen and your ship explodes or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnb8BtfVXoQ

The most Elitist PVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

I do have it installed. But I truly loving suck at it. Something along the lines of a k/d ration of 1:20. No joke.

yeah I suspect that's common itt. I'm toying with an EVE thread CS:GO invitational.

• Locked thread