Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Verranicus posted:

Toby Fox sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

Asking people to not profit off your IP until you've at least paid into the product is not an assholish thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

year199X posted:

I got afk booted for actively shooting out of spawn as a bastion despite contributing damage and getting eliminations.

Please leave the spawn. :)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have never played ff7, watched advent children, or played undertale

i like overwatch

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Lady Naga posted:

Asking people to not profit off your IP until you've at least paid into the product is not an assholish thing to do.

Sure it is? Either have people come to you asking for permission to make products based on your IP or don't. He's not asking them to seek his permission, he wants people to play his game first. You think everyone who makes Mario/Sonic/Pokemon merchandise has played the games? No, but they sure as poo poo have Nintendo/Segas permission.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Verranicus posted:

Sure it is? Either have people come to you asking for permission to make products based on your IP or don't. He's not asking them to seek his permission, he wants people to play his game first. You think everyone who makes Mario/Sonic/Pokemon merchandise has played the games? No, but they sure as poo poo have Nintendo/Segas permission.

Of all the dichotomies I've heard this is the falsest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Verranicus posted:

Toby Fox sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

For the record, Toby Fox asked people not to sell merchandise for Undertale because he set up an official agreement with Fangamer. He never said anything about not selling Undertale merch if you haven't played it. I'm not even sure where Countblanc got that from

edit: Also for what it's worth, the Pokemon company has been going on a big takedown spree on Society6 and Redbubble, removing every single bit of Pokemon merch they can. Nintendo and Sega don't really give people permission so much as they don't bother going after people most of the time cause it's not really worth it

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

We saw the same guy. We were awestruck that there were no numbers or extra xXXx brackets. It was just.... "Sephiroth"

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Whats the best way to counter 6 Toblerones?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Philosopher King posted:

Whats the best way to counter 6 Toblerones?

Two Reinhardts and a Bastion.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I imagine 6 Zaryas work well because the turrets won't stop giving you Particle Power

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Dva is actually very very good for clearing out sentries and turrets

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Vermain posted:

I don't believe so, no. Her exploding mech counts as a character (like Junkrat's tire, which is why Reinhardt can pin it and push it away), and you can't deflect explosions.

Pinning nothing but a riptire as Reinhardt sounds like a perfect "oh-poo poo I just hosed up" moment right up with Roadhog grabbing a full-health Bastion mid tank-transformation.

I can see the Reinhardt going "gently caress! Missed Mei and got...OHSHITOHSHIT!" *boom* Unless the grab-stun actually prevents Junkrat from detonating.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Munsun posted:

Please leave the spawn. :)

It was the first Route 66 spawn which gives you a decent view of the defenders area, in which they were being cocky and coming up to our spawn because our team was getting destroyed. But yes I could have left spawn to avoid being booted.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Pinning nothing but a riptire as Reinhardt sounds like a perfect "oh-poo poo I just hosed up" moment right up with Roadhog grabbing a full-health Bastion mid tank-transformation.

I can see the Reinhardt going "gently caress! Missed Mei and got...OHSHITOHSHIT!" *boom* Unless the grab-stun actually prevents Junkrat from detonating.

I actually have no clue if RIP-Tire can be pinned or not; I meant D.Va's mech, but my grammar sucks, sometimes. v:shobon:v

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Had a Roadhog a couple of days ago that pulled a Dva ult into the area we were all hiding in. Ended up giving her 5 kills I believe.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Broken Cog posted:

Had a Roadhog a couple of days ago that pulled a Dva ult into the area we were all hiding in. Ended up giving her 5 kills I believe.

Last night in the inhouses I hooked a D.Va ult like three separate times. I think it actually helped though because each time it stopped the ult's momentum and everyone got away safely.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Vermain posted:

I actually have no clue if RIP-Tire can be pinned or not; I meant D.Va's mech, but my grammar sucks, sometimes. v:shobon:v

Fair enough. For some dumb reason I call Roadhog "Junkrat" all the time myself.

Reinhardt sacrificing himself to shove a detonating mech off the point goes from "OHSHITOHSHIT" to Reinhard valiantly throwing himself on a grenade for the team...which actually sounds very Reinhardt.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
As Reinhardt on defense on Anubis B, a D.va pooped her ult onto the point, and I thought I could be a cool guy and move it out of the way. I then proceeded to charge it into the cave next to the point where the entire rest of our team was taking shelter.

Thankfully somehow play of the game went to a junkrat tire or something, so I was spared everyone seeing my blunder.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Alkydere posted:

Fair enough. For some dumb reason I call Roadhog "Junkrat" all the time myself.

Reinhardt sacrificing himself to shove a detonating mech off the point goes from "OHSHITOHSHIT" to Reinhard valiantly throwing himself on a grenade for the team...which actually sounds very Reinhardt.

Yes, Reinhardt would definitely do this. He's a protector of the weak and innocent, he would gladly throw himself on any grenade coming in to protect his team.

e: Apart from Mei, of course, there's a reason they gave her her own wall.

e2: A pinned mech should really blow up D.Va's team too. A mad reinhardt charges through the enemy lines carrying a gigantic bomb and blows everyone up.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 2, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm still waiting for the Hakuna Matata parody with Roadhog and Junkrat to hit youtube

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think someone said hanzo arrows take .5 seconds to charge? It feels hella slower than that, does it hit max damage before max arc?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Ddraig posted:

e2: A pinned mech should really blow up D.Va's team too. A mad reinhardt charges through the enemy lines carrying a gigantic bomb and blows everyone up.

That would be a horrendous nerf to D.Va because of how frequent Reinhardt is and how simple it would be to set up.

What they should really do is let Genji deflect the mech if it's mid-boost.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I just pooped all over a streamer. People pay that guy money. Should I be streaming to let people pay me to poop on people with rockets

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
What a good game this was.

Where's my "you joined a losing game in progress" bonus exp?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think someone said hanzo arrows take .5 seconds to charge? It feels hella slower than that, does it hit max damage before max arc?

After you posted this, I just happened to be watching a Hanzo stream where he was spamming arrows as the round start counter ticked down, and just from eye-balling it it definitely looked like 0.5 seconds for the full draw.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
um excuse me blizzard some players are ABUSING your commendation system to sarcastically reward unimpressiv perforemance. Can you PLEASE fix this so my experience is not ruined by trolling legendary commendations for 15% rocket accuracy??

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I just pooped all over a streamer. People pay that guy money. Should I be streaming to let people pay me to poop on people with rockets

depends, do people normally spend more than 15 seconds with you in social settings?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Maybe it's different with Overwatch, but in my experience being good at a game and being a popular streamer are not really related.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

jubelio posted:

depends, do people normally spend more than 15 seconds with you in social settings?

yes but I've been informed I have to have racist memes if I want to get big on twitch and I don't want to do a racism

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Nehru the Damaja posted:

yes but I've been informed I have to have racist memes if I want to get big on twitch and I don't want to do a racism

Un-Subscribed

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Papercut posted:

After you posted this, I just happened to be watching a Hanzo stream where he was spamming arrows as the round start counter ticked down, and just from eye-balling it it definitely looked like 0.5 seconds for the full draw.

I just googled it and furious Paul says 1.25 full draw. So now I'm not sure, when I get home I have to fart around in training.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Roadhog's spray of a naked pig in a gas mask is the best spray and it creeps my friends the hell out.

Sadly I get fewer and fewer opportunities to play Roadhog as people get better.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Roadhog's spray of a naked pig in a gas mask is the best spray and it creeps my friends the hell out.

Re-Subscribed

honorable mention to Dva's salt spray

Edit: VVVVVV uh, I would say the skill ceiling is decently high, but yes quite a low floor.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Wangsbig posted:

anyone with the ability to hit the reply button on this forum can click on a body model twice and get a kill. when a champ so goonproof is made, something must be done

this is the main problem with widowmaker and mccree in my estimation - they're very obviously intended to be like "do you suck at objective-only team-oriented FPS games??? here are some dudes you can play!" except unlike soldier:76 their skill floor and skill ceiling are exactly identical and boy is it low

you can see where some of the beginner characters are meant to be less complex but not necessarily worse, and I think that's a good idea - if someone likes Reaper as their flanker, they shouldn't feel compelled to start only using Tracer for that job, that's fine - but the issue is when "easiest to use" and "most amazingly effective" axes align and with mccree/widowmaker/lucio they did

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
There are plenty of counters to Widow, regardless of map. Some maps are better for certain counters, but overall there are WAYS.

Genji - use dash to cover ground and pop your select if you know you have to cross open ground that she's covering. Break LOS, climb/double jump up to where she is, push her poo poo in.

Mei - make judicious use of ice walls to build cover for both you and your team. Rotate the wall and put it at your feet to reach her if you need to. Cocoon if you survive a hit and be ready to toss up a wall as soon as it breaks or you're dead. Get to her and ice up her poo poo. Slow and annoying if she's got a long kill zone.

D.Va - do a spiral boost/your shield if you're gonna be boosting in her direction, otherwise use cover and get up in her poo poo, then hose her down, though don't expect to secure the kill but at least she'll gently caress off so your team can advance.

Reaper - really self explanatory.

Winston - one of the best to counter with. Jump between cover, drop the shield if you land in the open. Jump all up in her poo poo and get her to gently caress off, though you probably won't kill her.

Tracer - assuming you can reach her somehow, just move erratically and then blast her in the face, ideally from an angle where she didn't see you coming.

Roadhog - jump erratically and just tank her shots, drink up in cover, hook her down to you, and rip her face off. Won't work if her team is piling damage on you, though.

Junkrat - Indirect fire. That's it.

I'm not saying she's fun to play against or should even be in the game at all (gently caress snipers), but she's hardly unkillable. They do need to give her rifle a magazine that's only like 5 bullets, though. 30 before you reload is stupid as gently caress. Or have the scoped shots use 5-6 rounds each if you need to balance around her assault rifle mode. Or force her to swap to a machine pistol, whatever. It doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be less dumb.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

TheTatteredKing posted:

I just googled it and furious Paul says 1.25 full draw. So now I'm not sure, when I get home I have to fart around in training.

Checking the wiki, it looks like 1.25 for a regular arrow but only 0.5 for either scatter or sonic.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

at the risk of sounding like an elitist jerk, so much of the advice given to deal with Widowmaker and McCree is generic "just shoot them until they die" and it's not genuinely applicable to games where the person choosing the insane characters is at least as good as you are. "just climb up to her and solo her with genji" is not really spectacular insight, it's like telling someone that the best way to win your local intramural sports league is to just score more points than the other team ezpz

if the Widowmaker is as good as you are, just shadowstepping/climbing up is predictable and easy to counter, and a lot of heroes simply lack the technology to get up to where Widowmaker can go (Tracer getting to Widowmaker is usually a sign that you are much better than the Widowmaker is, and Tracer also dies if Widowmaker hits her anywhere at all at full charge)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
did you not watch the tracer widowmaker story trailer

tracer gets owned by widowmaker

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

DVAs not to best counter to widowmaker because the widow can just grapple/run away and DVA is just too slow while firing her guns to be anything more than a nuisance. It can totally buy your team some time, but it's not a great way of killing her outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

guts and bolts posted:

at the risk of sounding like an elitist jerk, so much of the advice given to deal with Widowmaker and McCree is generic "just shoot them until they die" and it's not genuinely applicable to games where the person choosing the insane characters is at least as good as you are. "just climb up to her and solo her with genji" is not really spectacular insight, it's like telling someone that the best way to win your local intramural sports league is to just score more points than the other team ezpz

if the Widowmaker is as good as you are, just shadowstepping/climbing up is predictable and easy to counter, and a lot of heroes simply lack the technology to get up to where Widowmaker can go (Tracer getting to Widowmaker is usually a sign that you are much better than the Widowmaker is, and Tracer also dies if Widowmaker hits her anywhere at all at full charge)

It's pretty hard to tackle Winston with decent health, up close, as Widow. Same for Mei and Genji, if they're any good.

McCree is a totally different story... his stun grenade and insanely fast damage output make him a nightmare to fight off if he's any good.

Elderbean posted:

DVAs not to best counter to widowmaker because the widow can just grapple/run away and DVA is just too slow while firing her guns to be anything more than a nuisance. It can totally buy your team some time, but it's not a great way of killing her outright.

Which is exactly what I said?