Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
I\m a recent Destiny convert and the vanilla Destiny endgame was hilarious. I played through it with a few friends and we couldn't believe how poo poo it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is it just me or is psn utterly hosed today

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is it just me or is psn utterly hosed today

Being weird for me too

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I\m a recent Destiny convert and the vanilla Destiny endgame was hilarious. I played through it with a few friends and we couldn't believe how poo poo it was.

If you only did it recently then you had it good compared to those of us who played year one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

TaurusOxford posted:

If you only did it recently then you had it good compared to those of us who played year one.

Yeah I heard from friends. The story is just shockingly poor. The graphics are insane though. It was the first FPS I played on PS4 and when I moved on to Fallout 4 I was super disappointed it didn't look anywhere near as good as Destiny

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

original destiny was 2/3 of a game, an that's if you're being generous

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Sony needs to fix PSN parties already. Pretty cool that there's no way to know what people are playing unless I go into the party.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Konami remade MGS3 in the Fox engine... for a pachinko machine.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
How accurate was Hong Kong in Sleeping Dogs?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

Destiny was sold as a Halo Online MMO experience, but really it is 100% Bungie's Phantasy Star Online.
If they'd marketed it that way from the start nobody would have been upset about the content or repetitiveness, but then far less people would have bought it too I guess.
Yeah but how many dances and reindeer costumes does it have?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 3, 2016

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are there any goons playing TMNT? Is it any good?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lots of dances, zero reindeer costumes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

Pretty much all reviews are saying give it a pass. Extremely short, repetitive and boring.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nephzinho posted:

I doubt it, since all the reviews say it is the worst Platinum game yet.

Platinum has moved from a developer famous for making only great games (including as Clover before), to a developer that has in its history made a few great games and then a bunch of mediocre to bad games. Those idiots.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Morby posted:

How accurate was Hong Kong in Sleeping Dogs?

Geographically, not very but it very much captured the atmosphere and "feel" of Hong Kong.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I doubt it, since all the reviews say it is the worst Platinum game yet.

Platinum has moved from a developer famous for making only great games (including as Clover before), to a developer that has in its history made a few great games and then a bunch of mediocre to bad games. Those idiots.

I hope this is you trying to be funny.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

Do you object to me calling their good games good or their bad games bad?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

bloodychill posted:

Sony needs to fix PSN parties already. Pretty cool that there's no way to know what people are playing unless I go into the party.

Isn't there an option to see the members of a party by pressing Triangle? I wanna say that lists what they're playing too.

Parties ought to be named after the game anyway.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Churning out licenced shlock so they can work on pet projects like bayonetta and revengeance is understandable tho

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Churning out licenced shlock so they can work on pet projects like bayonetta and revengeance is understandable tho
Is there another Bayonetta or Revengence game in the works that I don't know about? I know they are working on Nier and while in previous years I would have faith it was going to be great, I don't anymore.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Is vog vanilla or not? I seem to remember it wasn't there at launch but came like a few weeks after? What was vanilla endgame?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Seedge posted:

Isn't there an option to see the members of a party by pressing Triangle? I wanna say that lists what they're playing too.

Parties ought to be named after the game anyway.

You can. It won't show it on that list when parties are bugging out though.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

Hobo Clown posted:

Doing co-op missions, death matches, and/or races are bad, because everything goes through a separate lobby that frequently fails, and matchmaking is broken to non-existent. Attempting any of these with pubbies rather than friends is asking for a bad time.

Free roam is great though, it's endless chaos that doesn't have a waiting screen. It's enhanced with people you know, but isn't necessary.

The fact that you reload next to anyone who kills you made it really fun in the early weeks where I would have prolonged pistol shooutouts across downtown LA with complete strangers without even formally requesting a duel. The feeling of being hunted, discovering new details to the game map that I hadn't explored during my playthrough of the single player game made me think it was going to be the best multiplayer ever, even with the glitches and load times. We weren't mic'ed up so it was kind of creepy even with the minimap. I just remember the shootout leading towards a train station, anda train rolling through and stopping just as I was about to die so and I hopped on, him disappearing off the map for a moment only to suddenly peel off past me on a dirt bike the train tracks where he was obviously planning to wait at the next station. It was awesome and just loving intense.

I don't know how to replicate that kind of emergent(?) gameplay anymore. Everyone's leveled up past me and my base pistol so I usually get sonned pretty quickly when I start taking potshots, or else get on the mic and accuse me of trolling.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there another Bayonetta or Revengence game in the works that I don't know about? I know they are working on Nier and while in previous years I would have faith it was going to be great, I don't anymore.

I don't think anyone ever had faith that the Activision licensed games would be great, it was wishful thinking at best.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As someone who has only played launch Destiny, sometimes I'm curious about the current state of it when I see posts like this. I really don't know what they could have done in the last 2 years to make that game passable. Not curious enough to ever play it again though.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Samurai Sanders posted:

Bayonetta 2 was only like a year and a half ago and was incredibly good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Bayonetta 2 was only like a year and a half ago and was incredibly good.
I agree but there have been at least three mediocre to bad games since then.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oxxidation posted:

I love Platinum but Legend of Korra , Transformers (I guess this one was ok but not great), Star Fox Zero and TMNT is a pretty rough streak. I'm still looking forward to Nier a whole lot but compared to their earlier catalog those are some pretty unimpressive games

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seems kind of unfair to to not mention the well received games like Bayonetta 2 and W101 in the streak. Platinum just seems like a developer that either knocks it out of the park or mostly half asses things and there is no in between.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I also felt like Revengence was only about half the game it should have been, like it got a bunch of content cut and sewn up at the last minute.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

take out the low budget license work imo its not really fair to judge them on those

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you object to me calling their good games good or their bad games bad?

You're calling them idiots for taking on work, so they can have money and continue existing. Try to riddle out the logic problem here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I also felt like Revengence was only about half the game it should have been, like it got a bunch of content cut and sewn up at the last minute.

Totally agree. Cool game but it was pretty half baked. I'm really surprised a lot of people seem to like it the best when Bayonetta and vanquish exist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

You're calling them idiots for taking on work, so they can have money and continue existing. Try to riddle out the logic problem here.
What is wrong with their finances that they have to do so much low budget stuff to stay afloat, compared to other small developers?

Also I doubt that's what they meant the new Starfox game to be but it apparently wasn't very good either.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Count Chocula posted:

My favorite is LEGO Marvel having all of New York in it.

Rayman Legends is astonishingly good. More games like that.

My friend is helping organize a mural for Ubisoft's local office. Ideas?

An assassins creed logo but when you get up close its all just tiny pictures of various poop and butts

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

xxEightxx posted:

Is vog vanilla or not? I seem to remember it wasn't there at launch but came like a few weeks after? What was vanilla endgame?

It was. They opened it up a week after release. It's still the best content in the game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sunday at work posted:

It was. They opened it up a week after release. It's still the best content in the game.

its a slog and every fight other than atheon is way too long

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Platinum was never good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Seems kind of unfair to to not mention the well received games like Bayonetta 2 and W101 in the streak. Platinum just seems like a developer that either knocks it out of the park or mostly half asses things and there is no in between.

those games were all released consecutively weren't they? that's what I meant by "streak". Trust me, I'm not forgetting about Bayo2 or W101 (or Revengeance or Vanquish or Bayonetta 1 or Viewtiful Joe or Okami or God Hand...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

Platinum was never good

Target acquired ...

• Locked thread