Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I hope to loving god we don't pick up that oval office Alves.

hes really good at football though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Blue Star Error posted:

Rename NinjaSteve Imgay Gunbogan

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

So is the fact he wont be doing interviews for the site in his first language in four years time like some players.

I don't think Tevez ever learned to speak English in the seven years he spent in England.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Getting Dani Alves on a free should be cause for celebration who cares if he's a oval office he's an extremely good player

Anyway it looks like it'll be Juve

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Alves is a massive oval office and one of the best right backs in the world

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

PSG have contacted Coutinho's agent :smith:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

I hope it's to flirt awkwardly and nothing more

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Koeman about to sign for Everton apparently

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

:aaa:

Everton can spend more than Southampton, of course, but Saints currently have the stronger side and a history of solid youth development

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

EvilHawk posted:

Well, they will be flush again with dollarydoos to spend, so I guess an enormous transfer is likely :/ bad news

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's bizarre, really. The only way it makes sense is if Koeman knows he's going to lose a bunch of players and the owners aren't going to put the same effort into replacing them.

Fully expected him to see out next season.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

I don't think Tevez ever learned to speak English in the seven years he spent in England.

He was generally thicker than pig poo poo though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

Getting Dani Alves on a free should be cause for celebration who cares if he's a oval office he's an extremely good player

Yeah this is cool imo.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Well, they will be flush again with dollarydoos to spend, so I guess an enormous transfer is likely :/ bad news

PSG could have a 10 year transfer ban and still lap Ligue 1.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I'm very happy that Dani Alves is leaving Barca because drat he has been annoyingly good

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I could be OK with them paying £60m for him

Will be filled with rage when he goes for £15m

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

It's bizarre, really. The only way it makes sense is if Koeman knows he's going to lose a bunch of players and the owners aren't going to put the same effort into replacing them.

Fully expected him to see out next season.

Everton are a bigger club than Southampton. They will also have money to spend with the new owner and the probable sales of Lukaku and Stones.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

reformed bad troll posted:

Everton are a bigger club than Southampton. They will also have money to spend with the new owner and the probable sales of Lukaku and Stones.

They were a bigger club. Southampton are clearly on the up. Koeman is loved down here. They do not hurt for money (although they benefit from selling players and replacing them with better ones). The stadium is bigger, the local fanbase is less divided. The only draw to Everton I can see is the money the new owner can offer Koeman.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

The stadium is bigger

it is not

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

They were a bigger club. Southampton are clearly on the up. Koeman is loved down here. They do not hurt for money (although they benefit from selling players and replacing them with better ones). The stadium is bigger, the local fanbase is less divided. The only draw to Everton I can see is the money the new owner can offer Koeman.

Everton have a bigger fan base and a better history. Everton's average gate last year was 8,500 higher than Southampton's. That's with Goodison attendances being the lowest for years.

Southampton are certainly the better club at the moment but with the fanbase, the history, the rivalry with Liverpool and now the probable mega money, it's not hard to see why he would choose us over Southampton.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'm going to sat something highly controversial.

If PSG offered thirty five million plus for Coutinho I'd be happy to take it. I love little Phil but he is so inconsistent and that's never really changed from the day he came to Liverpool. Admittedly I'd only want to sell of we could get someone quality into to replace him- which we'd need as there isn't a whole lot of creativity in the side.

Also Koeman going to Everton is a strange one but if Everton are all cashed up now it's an excellent appointment. Feel bad for Southampton though, they must be pretty tired of losing all their players and managers.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
£35m for Coutinho? The world's gone mad.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Jose posted:

di matteo is also the new villa manager. they definitely needed a manager with a reputation for not being at the training ground much

That apparently is why they also picked up Steve Clarke.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

£35m for Coutinho? The world's gone mad.

He's still only 23 and has played for Brazil.

That's also what Martial cost before any potential add ons so take that as you will.

Edit: One of Martial's add ons was to score 25 goals, he's already at 17, another was to reach 25 caps, he's at 8. Both of those were cumulative for the next four seasons so his fee is pretty nailed on to be at least £50m.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Anything more than 50 million for coutinho and Klopp could get 5 highly efficient Germans in his place, which is obviously his plan

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

He's still only 23 and has played for Brazil.

So he's at his peak and his agent paid a hundred grand to the right guy? Players in the russian second division can say the same.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The Mirror are saying that Everton will give Koeman

- £7m per season
- £100m budget
- 100% of whatever Lukaku goes for
- new stadium guarantee

If that's true I can see why he'd leave us for them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

El Hefe posted:

I genuinely don't think he can bring anything new to our side, don't see him as a "missing piece," and I am of the belief that we shouldn't be paying huge bucks to random stars leaving their club just because they're good (even though it's worked with Evra, Tevez, Khedira, Mandzukic, etc lol). Who does Dani Alves replace in our side?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lichsteiner?

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face he's better than Dani Alves

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

El Hefe posted:

Lichsteiner?

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face he's better than Dani Alves

Yeah, he's probably a better player than Stephen but Lichtsteiner is the kinda oval office that has endeared himself by playing his rear end off for us, and even then, he has trouble making it into the squad sometimes.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Alves is an insanely good fit as an attacking oriented rwb in a 3-5-2.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Ewar Woowar posted:

Feel bad for Southampton though, they must be pretty tired of losing all their players and managers.

I recall an article posted in here somewhere about Southampton's set up and why they've had success with their manager turnover lately, they're always scouting managers and find one who fits their vision rather than bending it to whatever highest profile manager they can get. I'm sure they wouldn't mind hanging onto him, but they certainly seem like they'd be less upset than other clubs.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Everton are a real fixer upper for Koeman. They have to train/buy an entire defense n keeper,, and its going to be a decade before they even sniff a new stadium.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

reformed bad troll posted:

Everton have a bigger fan base and a better history. Everton's average gate last year was 8,500 higher than Southampton's. That's with Goodison attendances being the lowest for years.

Southampton are certainly the better club at the moment but with the fanbase, the history, the rivalry with Liverpool and now the probable mega money, it's not hard to see why he would choose us over Southampton.

Huh, I've always assumed St Mary's is bigger than Goodison. Regardless, it's a much better stadium and can be expanded quite easily. Everton are having loads of trouble getting a new stadium approved (they scrapped plans a few weeks ago).

The money is the only thing I can see tipping things in Everton's favour. Southampton have a great fanbase (and don't really have anyone to compete with in the local area), and Koeman has already gotten them in to Europe. History doesn't really mean squat when Everton have been entirely out of the picture (apart from one or two Moyes seasons) for the past 20+ years. He could stay at Southampton and build them in to a serious force much easier than Everton imo.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some issue with replacing players this season which has forced Koeman's hand.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

Huh, I've always assumed St Mary's is bigger than Goodison. Regardless, it's a much better stadium and can be expanded quite easily. Everton are having loads of trouble getting a new stadium approved (they scrapped plans a few weeks ago).

The money is the only thing I can see tipping things in Everton's favour. Southampton have a great fanbase (and don't really have anyone to compete with in the local area), and Koeman has already gotten them in to Europe. History doesn't really mean squat when Everton have been entirely out of the picture (apart from one or two Moyes seasons) for the past 20+ years. He could stay at Southampton and build them in to a serious force much easier than Everton imo.

You seem to be omitting the fact that Everton were an established top 6 team for well over a decade. Southampton have had two good seasons while Everton have had two bad ones. Both have won gently caress all. Also, our top 6 finishes were done with a budget smaller than most other teams in the league. Actually looking at it on face value, there's a lot of similarities between the two clubs, but I think the promise of a big budget and a new stadium has pushed Everton in front.

This summer is the first time Everton have money to burn. Which is both exciting and terrifying.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Everton are a big step up from Southampton.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Couple of interesting rumours flying around,

PSG are apparently preparing a £46m bid for Coutinho - personally I would try push them for like £60...its high enough to let them know we would consider it and low enough to keep PSG interested.

Also Chelsea are looking at Benteke as if they cant get Lukaku...

Because Chelsea have a long line of success bringing in ex-Liverpool strikers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

CyberPingu posted:

£60m...low enough to keep PSG interested.

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

When you have all the money and can throw it around it really wouldn't surprise me.

Admittedly its unlikely as it probably is too high, but that would be my counter and then balance from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Are you getting pounds and australian dollars mixed up?

• Locked thread